Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gorilla Salad posted:

If you used the alchemy/enchanting feedback loop, you could do this:

I loved how easy it was to completely break Skyrim, it was the only thing which kept me coming back to the game - seeing just how completely I could break it over my knee. You could make insanely ridiculous stuff like potions which could paralyse someone for a real time month and weapons which could one-shot anything.
Wasn't that feedback loop the only really broken thing in skyrim? I can't think of anything else remotely as abusable, off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Merchant for Android is a kind-of-neat play-as-npc game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Sips from the Yogscast did a few episodes with it if you're into that sort of thing. They're pretty entertaining.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Krinkle posted:

The date is wrong. Today is a wednesday but his birthday is only observed on mondays. And there's a crown because his name is king and for no other reason?

Is there a place called Office Will where you're from?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JoelJoel posted:

I miss Star Wars Galaxies. You could literally play the game as a tailor or armor smith exclusively. I had friends who made billions of in game money just selling med-packs because that's somethings everyone needs. It also had a pretty robust housing system and our guild leader literally just spend his time being our towns mayor and actually went through the effort to have urban planning instead of just plopping buildings down randomly.

And then they hosed the game trying to make it more like Warcraft.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

cmykjester posted:

I miss Star Wars Galaxies. You could literally play the game as a tailor or armor smith exclusively. I had friends who made billions of in game money just selling med-packs because that's somethings everyone needs. It also had a pretty robust housing system and our guild leader literally just spend his time being our towns mayor and actually went through the effort to have urban planning instead of just plopping buildings down randomly.

I remember my stint as an obese cantina dancer.

In SWG you had 3 "Health Pools", HP, Stamina, Mind.

The first two were easy to heal, however Mind was a bit more tricky. With Mind, any damage amount would cause that amount of Mind to be blacked out and unable to be used. This could be used to permanently disable player characters, since there was no Health Packs or Stims for Mind.

To heal your Mind you needed to either watch a Dancer, or listen to a Band.

One of the requisites for hunting the harder creatures in the game was getting buffs from doctors, so in larger cities, people would actually line up waiting to be buffed by the docs.

What I did was create an obese man, complete with huge belly overlapping his pelvic area, stripped him nearly naked, equipped the slave Leia dancer outfit, and just danced right by the line up. Of course this was also on an RP server so it really broke some people's immersion having a fat man sexy dancing for them and their characters enjoying it.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

There's also Swords and Potions and Swords and Potions 2.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

PaulBearer posted:

drat, I thought these books were written as some kind of absurd joke to earn a few bucks from people looking for a bizarre gift for a buddy or whatever, but this is madness at levels that disprove God's existence.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fried Watermelon posted:

The first two were easy to heal, however Mind was a bit more tricky. With Mind, any damage amount would cause that amount of Mind to be blacked out and unable to be used. This could be used to permanently disable player characters, since there was no Health Packs or Stims for Mind.

One of the requisites for hunting the harder creatures in the game was getting buffs from doctors, so in larger cities, people would actually line up waiting to be buffed by the docs.

What I did was create an obese man, complete with huge belly overlapping his pelvic area, stripped him nearly naked, equipped the slave Leia dancer outfit, and just danced right by the line up. Of course this was also on an RP server so it really broke some people's immersion having a fat man sexy dancing for them and their characters enjoying it.

lol

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sid got a little more creative in his adult years.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

cmykjester posted:

It was a really weird story. They made a MMO with a really novel and creative gameplay model that wasn't met anywhere else in the market, while simultaneously making said gameplay as little like Star Wars as possible. It was the "What if Luke had stayed home and been a moisture farmer?" MMO, but it obviously found its audience. Alienating them by trying to turn it into an honest Star Wars game later was a doomed concept just because everyone who wanted that had left ages ago and wouldn't have come back even if it had been done really well.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Fried Watermelon posted:

So they felt their characters should lack a sense of humor like they apparently were.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

There was the fat six tittied dancer in jabba's palace so it's canon that people love to watch that blubber fly.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Right next to the toilet:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

skander posted:

Right next to the toilet:

Every doctor office I've been in that has need for urine samples also has a little doored portal in the bathroom where a patient can place their sealed fresh urine sample when they're done with it. The other side presumably opens into the testing lab, where a tech can pick up the sample and test it without any awkward patient interaction. Apparently this place has a busted portal.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

Apparently this place has a busted portal.
Yep, that's what the sign is covering. Someone broke it, and some of the patients just leave their urine sample in the bathroom.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hirayuki posted:

Every doctor office I've been in that has need for urine samples also has a little doored portal in the bathroom where a patient can place their sealed fresh urine sample when they're done with it. The other side presumably opens into the testing lab, where a tech can pick up the sample and test it without any awkward patient interaction. Apparently this place has a busted portal.

Broken piddle portal.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bored posted:

Broken piddle portal.

You leave my wife out of this!

SpaceBanana
May 20, 2007
A banana. From space.

trapped mouse posted:

I am enjoying this twitter feed

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Hirayuki posted:

Huh, I don't think I've ever encountered such a portal in my 30 years in the upper-mid-west.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

skander posted:

Yep, that's what the sign is covering. Someone broke it, and some of the patients just leave their urine sample in the bathroom.

People started short-circuiting the whole cup deal and just pissed into the portal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Life in Hell/Futurama crossover we've been waiting for!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Angela Christine posted:

Assuming for a moment that it is all real: The son claims his father has schizophrenia. In men the average age of onset is 16-25, which leaves plenty of time to knock a lady up before boarding the train to crazytown. It doesn't seem like schizophrenia could be all that is wrong with him though, he does seem a little simple. There is no way to know if he was always slow, or it was a side effect of his treatment or maybe even an unrelated head injury or something.

Autism isn't adult onset. so someone still had sex with a rainman level autistic man.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

snergle posted:

Autism isn't adult onset. so someone still had sex with a rainman level autistic man.

More like a buttstuff obsessed Forrest Gump, IMO.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Love is like a box of chocolates?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KozmoNaut posted:

Love is like a box of chocolates?

That pounds you in the butt.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

hooah posted:

Huh, I don't think I've ever encountered such a portal in my 30 years in the upper-mid-west.
I've got going on forty years in the same region. Ever gone to an OB/GYN? Those places are all piss tests, all the time. Otherwise, you might very well not see one if you don't usually need to use doctor-office bathrooms.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Bored posted:

So they felt their characters should lack a sense of humor like they apparently were.

You think being a Shadowrunner is a joke?? :colbert:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The first thing I did was tap to unpause it because my brain is all busted up inside.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

The first thing I did was tap to unpause it because my brain is all busted up inside.

When people post web comics like achewood I try to mouse over them. :doh:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Angela Christine posted:

More like a buttstuff obsessed Forrest Gump, IMO.

gump was lower on the spectrum than savant. Buttstuff is chuck tingles wapner.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

~ Chuck Tingle

VV I just noticed the watermark. At first I thought it was from that inspirationbot thing and just sounded like Chuck Tingle.

beato has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Jan 22, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

beato posted:

~ Chuck Tingle

yes

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GasSC_z6Tos

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Finally something we can all get behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

• Locked thread