Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Tsurupettan posted:

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

There doesn't seem to be too many choices for a summoner build compared to other classes. This is what I settled with after testing it around for a bit. https://bnstree.com/SU?build=4500002101411073410821200311052110643137111124130422211222022220132

It serves as a PvP build and a solo PvE build. You can add the last two points into team skills like your Doom and Bloom to give your team focus or whatever if you're doing PvE. More into escape for PvP, etc. Basically just grab all the CC you can get and lock down all the bosses/players. Cat hammer + thorn strike = 2 dazes for bosses letting you knock them down. Your powered up lunge can stun twice also knocking bosses down instantly. Cat grab anything that is down and root anything that isn't dead afterwards. Changing the true friend into a shield lets you stand in red telegraphs without fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Does switching characters on the same server put you back in the queue?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

This game is boring as gently caress at 45.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Seems like theres a login problem on EU servers.

Also no goon guild for the blue faction?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

randombattle posted:

I don't think they expected several hour long queues across multiple servers.

Given NCSoft's history I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything else.

Anyway, several questions.

1) Level cap is 45, correct? I heard something about it being raised to 50? Is this forthcoming, speculated, etc?
2) Hongmoon weapons/accessories/whatever. Will they more or less always be the 'best' for your level? At what point would I start finding weapons stronger than the Hongmoon one?
3) Does 'unsealing' a weapon make it more worthwhile in some way? Like, worth more points to upgrade a hongmoon weapon or something IDK.
4) What sort of endgame does this have? Does it rely on PvP heavily, have major raids like Wildstar/WoW, or what specifically do you gear up for?
5) Is there enough PvP in the game that would encourage/discourage me from wearing my faction outfit while I level? (Specifically on Mushin and Jiwan) Do you get XP from world PvP?

khy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 21, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
these translators are kind of funny

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rafzakael posted:

these translators are kind of funny

Theres a tonne of stuff like that in the game, someone had a lot of fun with the translations

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone else temporarily freeze at character select?
It's only for a minute and then the characters spawn in.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

khy posted:

Given NCSoft's history I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything else.

Anyway, several questions.

1) Level cap is 45, correct? I heard something about it being raised to 50? Is this forthcoming, speculated, etc?
2) Hongmoon weapons/accessories/whatever. Will they more or less always be the 'best' for your level? At what point would I start finding weapons stronger than the Hongmoon one?
3) Does 'unsealing' a weapon make it more worthwhile in some way? Like, worth more points to upgrade a hongmoon weapon or something IDK.
4) What sort of endgame does this have? Does it rely on PvP heavily, have major raids like Wildstar/WoW, or what specifically do you gear up for?
5) Is there enough PvP in the game that would encourage/discourage me from wearing my faction outfit while I level? (Specifically on Mushin and Jiwan) Do you get XP from world PvP?

1) Level cap is 45. I BELIEVE you can break through with "HongMoon" skills which allow you to get the final skills in any given skill tree. Not sure if that raises the cap or not.
2) You won't
3) Unsealing lets you use it for breakthrough or as a skin
4) Endgame right now is sparse. Later on they add a thing called "Mushin Tower" which is essentially a boss rush mode. It's literally a grind for better stats to grind more for better stats. The real focus of this game is Arena PvP which normalizes gear. If you don't like it, you won't like the game
5) So far I haven't seen much world PvP on my server, but I'm not with goons. I mean it happens but it's a gankfest.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Spuckuk posted:

Theres a tonne of stuff like that in the game, someone had a lot of fun with the translations

Found the quest that some people were up in arms about the translator bragging about how they had made it less 'problematic' or whatever.

It's a reference to the Aion clothing theft quest.

So... instead of the quest being about a guy who wants to steal someone's clothing while they're bathing, it's now about a guy who seems to think the people whose clothing he's rifling through aren't even human. Or he's acting like one of those 19th century Natural Geographic 'look at the silly savages' types. I'm not sure this is better or worse.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Looking for a clan invite on Old Man Cho, name Humble Hwang. Thanks. I like being an anime.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Haroshia posted:

1) Level cap is 45. I BELIEVE you can break through with "HongMoon" skills which allow you to get the final skills in any given skill tree. Not sure if that raises the cap or not.
2) You won't
3) Unsealing lets you use it for breakthrough or as a skin
4) Endgame right now is sparse. Later on they add a thing called "Mushin Tower" which is essentially a boss rush mode. It's literally a grind for better stats to grind more for better stats. The real focus of this game is Arena PvP which normalizes gear. If you don't like it, you won't like the game
5) So far I haven't seen much world PvP on my server, but I'm not with goons. I mean it happens but it's a gankfest.

Hongmoon levels and hongmoon skills are different. Hongmoon levels are just a thing you do a quest to unlock and then you start gaining xp toward them. They give more skill points and stats. 1-5 (the first batch that we'll probably have) shouldn't be bad, I think it's not much longer than 48-50 or so, but the later levels need a lot more xp.

Hongmoon skills (the final skills) each have quests or drops or other things you need to get for each skill. They generally require 2 or more points which is why you want the extra points from Hongmoon levels.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
So if anybody who's playing at high latency (pinging over 150ms) was a fool like me and picked FM thinking it would be a good choice for PvP, read on.

It's not immediately obvious, but FM is highly reliant on low ping, almost to the level of KFM, especially in PvP. The class is low on hard CC, relying primarily (in PvP) in short stuns including a 1 second stun from Impact, which stuns frozen enemies. Due to the FM's proc-heavy nature nature, the lower your ping, the more damage you can squeeze in this window. Additionally, one of their main combos is not doable at high ping. In PvE, again, due to procs, you end up doing less damage the slower your reaction times are, and latency plays a (lesser) role there.

If you have high latency, I recommend instead Summoner, Blade Dancer, Destroyer or even Blade Master if your reaction times are on point.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Dunno that I'd suggest BM with high ping since controlling the fight revolves around our air launch ability which is only doable after a stun which is 100% "Can I squeeze this off in a .5 second window"

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Haroshia posted:

If anybody is interested on Poharan there's a small guild of Age of Wushu expats. I think we're at about 20 members or so. The queues are relatively short for premiums at least, so if you're interested either message Haro or Leffe in game.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we're blue.

Hell yes. I'll roll there today.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Dunno that I'd suggest BM with high ping since controlling the fight revolves around our air launch ability which is only doable after a stun which is 100% "Can I squeeze this off in a .5 second window"

That's why I said if your reaction times are on point. If your ping is 200ms, that .5s window becomes a .4s window.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5TMMQaYxg

They posted an upcoming content teaser. Looks like Bloodshade Harbor, Mushin's Tower, Spiral Labyrinth, and Warlock, as expected. That's basically all that's left before 50 cap.

Not sure if we'll get this all at once or spread out.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I'll be on for most of the day for Guild invites to GoonWangFu on Jiwan. Just send me a message, or friend request in game "Thallia"

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Friend trying to get me in to this, quick question re: queue hell going on right now.

The student pack says you get 7 days of premium membership, so it will only be those 7 days where you are put in the big boys queue right?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Evil Canadian posted:

Friend trying to get me in to this, quick question re: queue hell going on right now.

The student pack says you get 7 days of premium membership, so it will only be those 7 days where you are put in the big boys queue right?

Right.

They just released 4 new servers though, so odds are in a week the normal queue won't be very long.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
You should try Sin, Lib. I think you'd like it and it's pretty forgiving on ping so far since you have a lot of long disables. You're pretty squishy, but if you bait out trinkets you can 100-0 some classes with your disable combos.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Windchilla posted:

You should try Sin, Lib. I think you'd like it and it's pretty forgiving on ping so far since you have a lot of long disables. You're pretty squishy, but if you bait out trinkets you can 100-0 some classes with your disable combos.

I will give it a try. It's the class I know least about, but it seems interesting.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Windchilla posted:

I haven't tried the pvp in this game yet, but is that seriously a thing? Getting 100 to 0'ed by another player is never fun in any game ever.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All you people disgust me.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Umbreon posted:

I haven't tried the pvp in this game yet, but is that seriously a thing? Getting 100 to 0'ed by another player is never fun in any game ever.

It's not like universal or anything like "oh I got touched I'm guaranteed dead welp". But if you blow all your escapes at the wrong time you can definitely get bursted down by big damage combos if you let them CC you and the other player is good enough. Some classes are worse about this than others, and matchups also vary depending on class.

Regardless, one of the first things you should learn in PvP are the right times to use your escapes, as they are invaluable in keeping you alive against a good player. Familiarizing yourself with the other classes and what they are capable of can help you understand in what cases you want to eat the damage and when you need to get out or risk dying.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drinkfist posted:

Say that to my face on Discord.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
So I really want to be a KFM but am also in australia, how screwed by ping will I actually be?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

You probably won't be competitive in pvp compared to someone with good ping

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I was able to log into Mushin, non premium just now without a que. They fix something?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

cathead posted:

It's not like universal or anything like "oh I got touched I'm guaranteed dead welp". But if you blow all your escapes at the wrong time you can definitely get bursted down by big damage combos if you let them CC you and the other player is good enough. Some classes are worse about this than others, and matchups also vary depending on class.

Regardless, one of the first things you should learn in PvP are the right times to use your escapes, as they are invaluable in keeping you alive against a good player. Familiarizing yourself with the other classes and what they are capable of can help you understand in what cases you want to eat the damage and when you need to get out or risk dying.

Ah, that's alot more fair. Nevermind then!

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Uziduke posted:

I was able to log into Mushin, non premium just now without a que. They fix something?

What was your wait time?

Sounds like the afk timer could be doing its job.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Drinkfist posted:

We learned this from you.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

noELrunes posted:

What was your wait time?

Sounds like the afk timer could be doing its job.

No wait time.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uziduke posted:

AFK timer is in place, seems to kick at around 45 minutes of inactivity.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Is there any way of telling how much subscription time I have left? I can't find it anywhere.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Is there any way of telling how much subscription time I have left? I can't find it anywhere.

If you go to menu -> character status there should be a tab for premium membership.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Haroshia posted:

I've been having fun wearing my faction outfit the whole time and fighting the odd person wearing blue that I've met. Probably happens 2 or 3 times each zone, it's a pretty good break from grinding imo, and good practice I guess

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I actually haven't put my uniform on but I've seen plenty of people murdering each other in Mushin. Yesterday when I started my summoner there was a group of like 4 crimson dudes right at the other side of the starter towns instance gate waiting for people that had just gotten their shiny blue outfit to walk in.

e-Also someone was grinding bamboo guards in veridian when a destroyer decided to put on his bamboo uniform and completely destroy the other dude.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
One of the outfits overrides your titty sliders and does this.

thanks chinagame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm beginning to realize that this really is closer to a fighting game than an MMO in PVP and so I am even more utterly hosed there than I am normally for MMO PVP :saddowns:

• Locked thread