Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

man i hope i dont have to go look at houses after work today

lol are you buying a house or are you moving with your gayrromates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Aeryk posted:

maybe I know warsz a little better than you do

does warsz apply make up to his entire bald head when he wants to look mad to simulate human emotions or something

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Venom Snake posted:

Hopefully this aerospace thing happens and I actually get to do some real poo poo with the clinton campaign or things are going to be real awkward when I try to apply to a real college a year from now and I don't have anything on my resume.

last time I checked you don't need a resume to apply for college

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol are you buying a house or are you moving with your gayrromates

we've been gentrified

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
zoux is the housing market in Austin mostly purchased houses, single "group" rented houses, multi group rented houses (like separately leased floors), or apartments?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

buy a house? Sure lemme just buy a lottery ticket and give my ssn to a nigerian email guy while im going all in on huge scams.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Jagchosis posted:

does warsz apply make up to his entire bald head when he wants to look mad to simulate human emotions or something

:drat:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

venomsnake it is incredibly easy to get admitted to an undergrad institution

you can probably get legacy admitted somewhere anyway

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

zoux is the housing market in Austin mostly purchased houses, single "group" rented houses, multi group rented houses (like separately leased floors), or apartments?

houses and condos

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

did venomsnake get kicked out of school already?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

also we are moving to the east side because poo poo is like $400 a mo cheaper over there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Given the demographics of sa as a whole, isn't dadchat actually fairly diverse already?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Jagchosis posted:

no, he has that emotion chart like dickeye and he just points to one

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Warszawa posted:

I am actually curious about this.

One of the things a big housing study of my town showed was that there is precious little for people like me (the so called group "laptops and lattes" -- young, single professionals) and they're apparently making proposals for some housing units that would be non-student but not family residential

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

at this point we active posters remaining on SA are like people living in fallout-style post-apocalyptic ruins and trading stories over a tire fire while roasting mice and small mammals for food

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soup du Jour posted:

last time I checked you don't need a resume to apply for college

I sure as gently caress ain't getting in on my GPA. Which I guess is being partially fixed by me doing classes as NOVA.

Badger of Basra posted:

venomsnake it is incredibly easy to get admitted to an undergrad institution

you can probably get legacy admitted somewhere anyway

Thing is I want to go to a good undergrad place and I really honestly don't know much at all about what good engineering colleges want other than a GPA and a paper that says I did something with my life.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

at this point we active posters remaining on SA are like people living in fallout-style post-apocalyptic ruins and trading stories over a tire fire while roasting mice and small mammals for food

I'm subsisting off of a diet of nothing but anime.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Venom Snake posted:

I sure as gently caress ain't getting in on my GPA. Which I guess is being partially fixed by me doing classes as NOVA.

Thing is I want to go to a good undergrad place and I really honestly don't know much at all about what good engineering colleges want other than a GPA and a paper that says I did something with my life.

i think it's pretty important to remember that you're real young and that "did something with my life" is adjusted to that

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

wait didn't you already go to undergrad? do you mean your high school GPA?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

Where did everyone go

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am actually curious about this.

One of the things a big housing study of my town showed was that there is precious little for people like me (the so called group "laptops and lattes" -- young, single professionals) and they're apparently making proposals for some housing units that would be non-student but not family residential

Housing for singles up here is an issue as well. Most often you're looking at $700+/mo studios.

Only reason I got my $680 1br is cuz I don't mind living in a "low income" part of town.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

Where did everyone go

tumblr and other anime forums

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm subsisting off of a diet of nothing but anime.

no wonder you run so much. you should have specified that youre persistence hunting madokas to exhaustion

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Where did everyone go

twitter

but i dont think anyone has any data, its a sass meme

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Buddy "do something with your life" is not something colleges are looking at when they're looking a perspective students. What universities are you even considering applying for?

site posted:

Housing for singles up here is an issue as well. Most often you're looking at $700+/mo studios.

Only reason I got my $680 1br is cuz I don't mind living in a "low income" part of town.

My two-bed room in a /mostly/ residential area is like 860/month (total) but that's super loving cheap.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

houses and condos

yeah but how are the houses rented out? Or is it that they're sold outright

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

site posted:

Given the demographics of sa as a whole, isn't dadchat actually fairly diverse already?

according to my creative accounting, yes but we can always do better

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
reddit has consumed the souls of the next posting generation

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

twitter

but i dont think anyone has any data, its a sass meme

well look what happened to fyad!!1

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

no wonder you run so much. you should have specified that youre persistence hunting madokas to exhaustion

you should see him run a herd of madokas off a cliff, it's oddly beautiful

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

yeah but how are the houses rented out? Or is it that they're sold outright

mostly through airbnb if r/austin is to be believed.

anyway i have no idea, ive lived in the same place for 10 years and we are looking at a narrow range of house based on sq footage and location and pets allowed

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

mostly through airbnb if r/austin is to be believed.

anyway i have no idea, ive lived in the same place for 10 years and we are looking at a narrow range of house based on sq footage and location and pets allowed

apps!!!!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Venom Snake posted:

unless your gpa is like a c- average you will be fine, jesus christ

apply to any number of state schools and you'll get in easily

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
you can go to a lovely undergrad and get into a fine grad school anyway as long as you bust rear end

not that anyone should do grad school unless totally necessary

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

we're using a realtor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

well i dont care for that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Berke Negri posted:

according to my creative accounting, yes but we can always do better

Put together a budget and hire nn for some ADVERTISING

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

we're using a realtor

oh i was shaking my fist not recommending apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jagchosis posted:

you can go to a lovely undergrad and get into a fine grad school anyway as long as you bust rear end

not that anyone should do grad school unless totally necessary

engineering especially

• Locked thread