Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

I try to imagine Donald J Trump in the general election and every time I try I start laughing.

How is this real? How is any of this real?

I feel like I should be worried but I feel nothing. This is too surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Cruz's whole plan was based on the theory that Donald would crater out and his supporters would come to his side.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Montasque posted:

I try to imagine Donald J Trump in the general election and every time I try I start laughing.

How is this real? How is any of this real?

Sometime in the 1950s a secret conference of all of the fascists, ancaps, theocrats and segregationists in the US sacrificed a newborn child on a black altar and sent the country careening into the Bizarro Dimension. This reality has become apparant slowly over decades, and this is finally when the mask comes off completely

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jewel Repetition posted:

For context, their last poll had Cruz 30 Trump 23.

That poll is pre-Palin too.

Unstumpable

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheTatteredKing posted:

If Cruz gets crushed does his people go home? They might be thinking his people will spite vote against Trump

A very large portion of his people will vote Trump. Look at any poll, Cruz voters' second choice by huge margins is Trump

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TheTatteredKing posted:

If Cruz gets crushed does his people go home? They might be thinking his people will spite vote against Trump

His core group of 9-14% of insane-o conservatives will be there till the bitter end.

And in the general turn out for Trump.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

TheTatteredKing posted:

I feel like I should be worried but I feel nothing. This is too surreal.

I was more worried before when Cruz was the clear frontrunner in Iowa, the Donald is practically a relief in comparison.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

pathetic little tramp posted:

He's dropping that factoid, he thinks, close enough to the caucus that it gets him some votes, but with not enough time to vet the fact that he's actually on his wife's billions of taxpayer bailout funded gold cadillac healthcare plan. He's pumping everything into not losing Iowa, but he's absolutely wrecked for anything else.

No, there is a shorter answer, as a US senator he is eligible for a government healthcare plan which he apparently won't take for idiotic pandering reasons.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nah, Cruz as nominee was and still is the optimal outcome for anyone who hasn't lost their mind yet because he'll be utterly stomped in the general. Trump in the general is genuinely uncharted territory, nobody knows what happens next

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

There goes my brokered convention. Trump is going to walk in with 80% of the delegates lmao

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Three Olives posted:

No, there is a shorter answer, as a US senator he is eligible for a government healthcare plan which he apparently won't take for idiotic pandering reasons.

I think he's also full of poo poo. BCBS is most definitely still in the Texas market. He said it like BCBS just straight up dropped them at the end of the year, but nope that is not true.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I just don't understand the donor class thought process. That article before was really helpful. I always thought they were exploiting the tea party but really they were pulling the wool over their own eyes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheTatteredKing posted:

I just don't understand the donor class thought process. That article before was really helpful. I always thought they were exploiting the tea party but really they were pulling the wool over their own eyes.

Yeah people kept saying the GOP hates Cruz but it's incredible watching the long knives actually come out on him. For me, personally, that's the point where we're really through the looking glass

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

TheTatteredKing posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blablablabla posted:

Cruz's whole plan was based on the theory that Donald would crater out and his supporters would come to his side.

I think the plan was to stay low-key and win the ground game without much fanfare until the results showed up. Problem was that the polling showed Trump what was happening, and he took action. Now scrutiny is ramping up on Cruz to an absurd degree, and the Party knives are finally coming out in earnest.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Xenophon posted:

This CNN piece dropped today too!

quote:

Graham, for instance, said that Trump was "crazy" with an "insane" foreign policy and Cruz was a "rigid ideologue," both of which would be problematic against Hillary Clinton, even if voters view her as a "dishonest" candidate, he said.

"Dishonest beats crazy," said Graham, who dropped his bid for the GOP nomination last month. "Dishonest loses to normal. Just pick somebody normal. Pick somebody out of the phone book and we win."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Like me, former Presidential Candidate Lindsay Graham.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
no no no hold on nominating Trump instead of Cruz won't help the GOP survive just because a ~less serious candidate~ loses the general, simply the act of being forced to loving nominate loving Trump marks them like naming a horse after an enemy and giving it a seat in the senate marked Caligula, am I the crazy one here?

Patter Song posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Bob Dole did what no one else could...he made Nate Silver take Donald Trump seriously.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/689913310934876160
i don't accept thsi as evidence that bob dole isn't dead

Vox Nihili posted:

That was Harry Enten, and he's gotten virtually everything wrong. He is very bad and his dumb articles make me not want to read 538.

His most recent theory is that polling well nationally is actually bad for primary candidates. As in, the higher they poll nationally, the lower their results will be in each state contest. I am not making this up.
a little unfair; they were saying how if a specific state is polling higher than their national number, it's likely to do better than polling. But the effect is tiny and his sample is small and the whole article is masturbatory ~look I did an R course at college~ filler -- what it tells us about strategy is trite because candidates need to focus sequentially anyway

maybe we'll get back to this when we've had electoral reform and time travel, but before the states balkanize in WW3.

PleasingFungus posted:

there's mocking jeb, and there's posting photosets of his teeth, repeatedly, over multiple days.

that's gone beyond mocking. it's not funny; it's just weird. it's a creepy fixation, and I think it's fair to say, what the gently caress, what are you doing, what is wrong with you.
I've got nothing to help with this except for posting dental horror images but people please keep provoking this poster, I want to see what happens.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/status/690228551937712129

Another conservative woman chooses Trump over Cruz.

*Cuckoldry intensifies*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

New Emerson College #Iowa Poll:
http://media.wix.com/ugd/3bebb2_542e7f5df4e14162851de1c77b0df5f4.pdf
Trump- 33%
Cruz- 23%
Rubio- 14%
Carson- 9%

It's almost as though this "Trump" fellow simply can't be stumped.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

He's dropping that factoid, he thinks, close enough to the caucus that it gets him some votes, but with not enough time to vet the fact that he's actually on his wife's billions of taxpayer bailout funded gold cadillac healthcare plan. He's pumping everything into not losing Iowa, but he's absolutely wrecked for anything else.

This is such a weird lie like, how can anyone believe a US Senator with a wife in wall street and two kids would not have healthcare. Unless...are we SURE he is no longer a Canadian???

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
My band teacher wanted me to switch from drums to clarinet. Yeah gently caress no

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aliquid posted:

There goes my brokered convention. Trump is going to walk in with 80% of the delegates lmao

Now, walk into the club like "what up? I got a big bloc"

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

CortezFantastic posted:

This is such a weird lie like, how can anyone believe a US Senator with a wife in wall street and two kids would not have healthcare. Unless...are we SURE he is no longer a Canadian???

Unless Ted Cruz isn't lying. Is he crazy enough to let his kids go uninsured for political points?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

William Bear posted:

Unless Ted Cruz isn't lying. Is he crazy enough to let his kids go uninsured for political points?

Maybe he knows they aren't his after all

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Now, walk into the club like "what up? I got a big bloc"

This is going to be Trump at the convention: https://vine.co/v/OUljvzWBBiU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

The final stage: Acceptance.

https://twitter.com/INJO/status/690276767089725442

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 22, 2016

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

CortezFantastic posted:

You know, he was half-Canadian when he had his kids, because he only renounced the Canadian citizenship last year. Does that confer citizenship on them?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I mean, if Cruz isn't lying, he's saying he should be in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth when he can't even remember to make sure his kids have health insurance, so I'm not sure where that leaves him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

William Bear posted:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/690278170260430849
ahahahaha

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's

loving

happening

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Carly Fiorina Dental Report

Conclusion: shameful dentistry

dental plan... carly needs braces....

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

This is why I fully expect a Jeff Roe scorched earth attack on Trump in the next week or so.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

God Bless Sarah Palin

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/690278618908401664

:stare:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Can we still bask in the glow that is Sarah Palin, Kingmaker?

And using her 2008 talking points as if 7 years of an Obama presidency hadn't happened?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Talk radio here I come. Also lol Hannity still droning on about Hillary's emails.

• Locked thread