Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Also, it's definitely Felicity's mom. that's guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Did anybody else find it weird that the dude manage to whip Oliver all in one small space?

I'm not a whip expert, maybe that's normal, I dunno.

Arrow's SFX staff doesn't seem to understand 9mm can easily penetrate milk crates, so yeah dude was a whip marksman expert.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
drat, good episode. I like where everything is going.

Apparently the producers or something said that Felicity isn't going to be Oracle so I'd just assumed they'd have her recover from her injury, but...the episode made her paralysis seem pretty definite...so now I'm not sure where else they can go with that? 'Cuz if she's gonna be in a wheelchair for the long haul then she's literally just Oracle. Are they, in fact, going to un-paralyze her despite saying that she's pretty un-paralyzable? What's the what here.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

drat, good episode. I like where everything is going.

Apparently the producers or something said that Felicity isn't going to be Oracle so I'd just assumed they'd have her recover from her injury, but...the episode made her paralysis seem pretty definite...so now I'm not sure where else they can go with that? 'Cuz if she's gonna be in a wheelchair for the long haul then she's literally just Oracle. Are they, in fact, going to un-paralyze her despite saying that she's pretty un-paralyzable? What's the what here.

Nanites? Magical surgery? Darhk restoring her ability to walk if only to dangle taking it away again because he's a huge dick (adding extra emphasis to Felicity telling Oliver to drop his rear end?)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAH SYAG posted:

Arrow's SFX staff doesn't seem to understand 9mm can easily penetrate milk crates, so yeah dude was a whip marksman expert.

Anyone can whip in dinner plate size object with little training, it's just practice. It's like fly fishing but shitloads faster.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
It's Oliver's kid.

Barry knows about the kid from the crossover episode. Felicity WILL know about the kid in another month and why Oliver was forced to keep it on the DL, allowing her to misplace some of the guilt on herself.

Diggle is driving the limo. ;)

(actually, you should see how may people are excited on Twitter, hoping it's Laurel).

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Scyantific posted:

It's Lance.

why would Barry give two shits about Lance

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teron D Amun posted:

He has 4 months to get there.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Teron D Amun posted:

Because it's the father of one of his friends and was helping the rest of his superhero buddies fight an evil that may or may not end the world.

It's not like he had to stop working and book a flight to come pay his condolences. He could spend 10 seconds on the commute and it would mean a lot to Team Arrow.

I don't think it's Lance though.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I'm leaning toward Felicitys mom now. Felicity seemed way more upset than Ollie and Barry would have felt some kind of sympathy there since he once really liked Felicity. I seriously doubt they would kill any one big like Blackneto or Thea again.

But didn't Merlin also use the pits to bring back Savage again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We only saw him collect the Savage dust.

Tonight's premiere might answer that though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Barry accidentally takes Ollie to the Future, which is why he's apologizing, the grave is Datkh's, it says "here lies Damien Dahrk, He Was Killed By the Green Arrow "

So Ollie resignedly says "I'm gonna kill him"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Barry accidentally takes Ollie to the Future, which is why he's apologizing, the grave is Datkh's, it says "here lies Damien Dahrk, He Was Killed By the Green Arrow "

So Ollie resignedly says "I'm gonna kill him"

And that's how we get our season 6 flashbacks.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Do we have a thread for Legends of Tomorrow?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Felicity's mom being in the grave makes some sense, although it's a little weird that Felicity waited in the car while Ollie stood wistfully over her mother's grave long enough for everyone else to leave.

My money is still on Lance.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So who's really for Ollie to fight Dahrk's wife?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

Felicity's mom being in the grave makes some sense, although it's a little weird that Felicity waited in the car while Ollie stood wistfully over her mother's grave long enough for everyone else to leave.

Don't forget the whole legs might not be working thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Or he was late again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/690255313279279107

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Does this mean Vixen S2 will be longer than a half hour all put together?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bruceski posted:

Does this mean Vixen S2 will be longer than a half hour all put together?
Depends how long she's actually in the episode. Constantine ended up mainly being a bit part in his episode.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

lol at that loving wolf.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proposition Joe posted:

lol at that loving wolf.

OK, is there a comic book reason that's a wolf? Because the name Vixen gives of an --oh, I don't know-- more of a "fox" vibe.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

flosofl posted:

OK, is there a comic book reason that's a wolf? Because the name Vixen gives of an --oh, I don't know-- more of a "fox" vibe.

She uses powers of various animals.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Um how could you have not watched the breakout fan-favorite critical success that was Vixen, the breakout fan-favorite critical success CW Seed online series????

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 22, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

XboxPants posted:

She uses powers of various animals.

So she's DC version of Manimal? Or does she just "borrow" their abilities as a human?

I know I could google this poo poo, I just couldn't pass up a chance to make Manimal comparison.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

God, I loved Manimal.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

flosofl posted:

So she's DC version of Manimal? Or does she just "borrow" their abilities as a human?

I know I could google this poo poo, I just couldn't pass up a chance to make Manimal comparison.

In all seriousness, Vixen's power is that she takes on the properties of animals. So she can manifest the weight and strength of an elephant, or swim like a fish, or run as fast as a cheetah, etc. Remains completely human and never alters appearance. Just takes on the properties of animals.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

flosofl posted:

I don't know who Manimal is, but she does basically "borrow" their skills so she can fly by borrowing flight from a bird or strength from an elephant or jumping from a grasshopper. There's probably a caveat or two to her powers, but it's less restrictive than Animal Man's who has the exact same powers.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zebulon posted:

In all seriousness, Vixen's power is that she takes on the properties of animals. So she can manifest the weight and strength of an elephant, or swim like a fish, or run as fast as a cheetah, etc. Remains completely human and never alters appearance. Just takes on the properties of animals.

Aww... :sigh:

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't know who Manimal is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

EDIT:
The 80's were truly a wonderful time for TV Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_87i7FhkIs

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 22, 2016

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

flosofl posted:

Aww... :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

EDIT:
The 80's were truly a wonderful time for TV Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_87i7FhkIs

You're looking for Beast Boy, then. Sadly, the live action Titans series never came to fruition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I need a 3 Wolf Moon Vixen t-shirt.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I feel like it's a significant flaw in Oliver's planning that he's working so, so hard to track down Darkh but still has not the slightest clue how to defeat him once he does find him.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

evenworse username posted:

I feel like it's a significant flaw in Oliver's planning that he's working so, so hard to track down Darkh but still has not the slightest clue how to defeat him once he does find him.

I'm guessing his magic glowing tattoo will help with that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HERAK posted:

I'm guessing his magic glowing tattoo will help with that.

Im confused then. Didn't Constantine say it would protect once and then fade? Or was the glow just the tat reacting to mystical-scepter-head-thingee's proximity and the concurrent whipping going on was just coincidence?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dahrk has a pretty obvious weakness that's been explored multiple times: "Facing more than one opponent at a time"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

Dahrk has a pretty obvious weakness that's been explored multiple times: "Facing more than one opponent at a time"

Or a tactical drone strike.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This episode was fantastic. They teased Ollie relapsing until his entire plan blew up in his face and he had a "gently caress, what the gently caress am I even doing anymore, gently caress :stonk:" moment.

And then, in a sign of how far we've come, his supporting crew actually went "Okay well you admitted you hosed up. Go see Felicity, we'll clean this up :)"

Just the best. All sorts of good stuff going on here, including Felicity's "let's go get Dahrk" up to the last "no seriously we are going to murder this man so hard I have to put the ankh back on and take him to the underworld myself where I will murder him again just because."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

greatn posted:

Dahrk has a pretty obvious weakness

Getting disarmed :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So. "4 months later" and they still are not married and she isn't wearing the engagement ring?

• Locked thread