Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Achewood hasn't been good since Philippe stood on the drum manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Shibawanko posted:

The last good achewood was the one with roast beef holding a drawing of a cock in front of his cock.

This I can agree with if you are setting the standard for good as "absolute classic"

Also I drew a thing

http://i.imgur.com/yp0weNJ.jpg

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 18, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The last good Achewood was the Dec. 31, 1969 strip.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I liked the little bonus one he put inside those cookbooks oh wait

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Howard Beale posted:

For all this fussing nobody's pointed out the comma splice in the alt-text yet?
Oh Achewood, we hardly knew you, etc. etc. etc.

Phones don't really do the alt text thing, or I just don't know how to make it work.

The comic was ok but the blogs were spot on.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
On iPhone just tap and hold over the image. The alt text will appear over the context options.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The Pony Incident posted:

This I can agree with if you are setting the standard for good as "absolute classic"

Also I drew a thing

http://i.imgur.com/yp0weNJ.jpg

Nearly all of the other ones since he started petering out made me cringe with the sassy voices and lack of jokes

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shibawanko posted:

Nearly all of the other ones since he started petering out made me cringe with the sassy voices and lack of jokes

Home is a time, not a place, and your time with Achewood has likely ended. You will never appreciate it for what it is, but what you hoped it would be. Go on, you are free.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Deathlove posted:

I have had only successes from the achewood store, though I heard there was a batch of pint glasses that was lovely once maybe?

One time on a lark about... six years ago... I bought the "cards for men" in the achewood store and doled them out to people. Within this particular bubble of fans it might seem funny, but all I remember now is my fiancee's dad reading "aaaaa moths" and looking more nonplussed than I've ever seen him since.

That's my story god bless.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Scags McDouglas posted:

One time on a lark about... six years ago... I bought the "cards for men" in the achewood store and doled them out to people. Within this particular bubble of fans it might seem funny, but all I remember now is my fiancee's dad reading "aaaaa moths" and looking more nonplussed than I've ever seen him since.

That's my story god bless.

Another coming of age take in which a young lad learns that you don't introduce your internet self to prospective in-laws.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Some friends of my wife got married and they had a thing where everyone signs the guestbook with a short statement about marriage or whatever. I wrote "good luck with what yer doin'" because it seemed like the groom would be into achewood.

Spoiler: he's not

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Should have gone with "you can do anything in life" instead.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

"Marrying her is like burning down your house to meet the neighbors"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Scags McDouglas posted:

"Marrying her is like burning down your house to meet the neighbors"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Remember that week where Ray carried around a Ken doll he would randomly pants to keep himself grounded and everybody at random times would have their pants just fall down?
Or the whole deal with Téodor terrorizing Onstad with Risotto, culminating with having Philippe just writing the word risotto with rice.
Or Ray's pool gloves with the VR goggles.
Or Pat being a huge rear end in a top hat?

Man you know the blogs by themselves could've been all the Achewood we ever got and it would still have been fantastic.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I really love Onstad's personal blog as it became more autobiographical too

his journeys with father's bacon

his bad vacations

and also Onstad whenever he appears in philippe blogs

quote:

They showed me how to make Jelly Bellies!
There was a show on TV about how to make Jelly Belly jelly beans! I think I can even make them at home now! All you need is some sugar and a big spinny copper washing machine!

Okay, I got the ingredients. You actually need "gelatine," and I think that's what Jell-O is. You also need lots of sugar, to add to the washing machine a little bit over time! I'll go get it started. Our washing machine is just regular metal, I hope that doesn't make a difference.

Okay, I started the washing machine and poured in the Jell-O. Since the washing machine always tries to shoot out the water it's been using, I put a tennis ball and a bunch of tape over the hose where the water comes out. I also put some apples into the main washing tub, so the Jelly Bellies can be apple flavor. My favorite! (Almost.)

BAD PROJECT NEWS 9:21PM

Chris came into the laundry room to sniff and see if he had any underwear he could wear out to a nice dinner, and I guess he stepped in a lot of sticky, "fat" water. I think the machine overflowed? He said it ruined the feet of a lot of old furniture they have in the garage, and that he was also "super pissed-off" ["I am SUPER PISSED OFF! I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!"]. He even carefully took a wine bottle from the recycling, walked real slow out to the back yard, and then threw it as hard as he could against a soft hill of dirt. The wine bottle didn't break, so he breathed really loud out of his nose like Rocky and then went inside and sat in the bathroom for twenty-seven minutes. He turned magazine pages, not book pages. (Magazine pages crinkle more, book pages have a good soft sound.)

So much for making jelly beans at home. I have to spend the rest of the night wiping up the garage, and it is pretty crummy in there. I can't even have music, Chris said. (Music might make me happy.)

screw it, why not everyone post your favorite blog stuffs why not

thanks

i love you

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
:siren: New comic :siren:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Eh.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Garfield Minus Garfield, Achewood Plus Charlie Brown.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tarranon posted:

and also Onstad whenever he appears in philippe blogs

screw it, why not everyone post your favorite blog stuffs why not

thanks

i love you

quote:

Someone must have let Philippe eat sugar last night because he woke me up with that JAYMAR piano about five hundred times.

Chris was so mad at that drat JAYMAR piano

Philippe helping with Chris's marriage was also very good

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 22, 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its ok, not gonna bash it too hard as its a silly premise that is amusing

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is the first one I have liked in this latest batch. rip Charles brown.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That panel of Ray on the phone made me laugh pretty good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A weird thing is that this installment of Achewood is insanely quotable, but no one (including myself) ever thinks to quote it unless someone reminds them that it exists:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03252005

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

A weird thing is that this installment of Achewood is insanely quotable, but no one (including myself) ever thinks to quote it unless someone reminds them that it exists:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03252005

Occasionally when my friends invite me out, I find myself tempted to quote Teodor's sass in this strip http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03292005

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Japan man same as Santa Claus but with one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
What's the firm that changed Paris Hilton from cocksucking dumbo to entrepreneur who did not send the whole world an MPEG of her sucking cock? They're good.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
snoopys
balls

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
The Great Outdoor Fight arc started ten years ago, today.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252006

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Clitch posted:

The Great Outdoor Fight arc started ten years ago, today.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252006

Yeah but the setup started two weeks and ten years ago.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01122006 - those middle bottom four panels will never not be a delight.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man don't link the great outdoor fight on a work day

I just count myself lucky that I remembered to stop clicking next before Philippe and the Transfer Station started so I only lost an hour this time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At first I thought this was trying just a little too hard, but as it progressed I felt it got better and better with a pretty drat great final panel.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I also felt it wasn't good and was trying too hard until I realized Charlie Brown is just whining in reaction to being in Nice Pete's van.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Leroy Dennui posted:

I also felt it wasn't good and was trying too hard until I realized Charlie Brown is just whining in reaction to being in Nice Pete's van.

He just wants to get to that damned secret ice cream shop

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Nah, he just heard that the van was going to High School and he couldn't pass up the chance to finally get some pubes.

i don't think Browns dad would kill him for that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

A man had to go and be too gothic today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1FmDh95X8Q

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Abe Vigoda died? But he was supposed to be the guy you were always surprised to learn was still alive!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My username on steam was Abe Vigoda's Dead for like 7-8 years. Had to change it today...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
:siren: New comic:siren: