Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's a pretty good scam that's been going on in the UK for years. Like you guys we have toll free numbers, but we also have non-geographical location numbers which were designed back in the 80s or 90s (maybe even earlier) so you could call from anywhere in the country and itd be considered a local call rather than a long distance if you were to call the real unpublished number. So far so good.

Cell phone carriers decided that they weren't going to include these or toll free numbers as part of the minute bundles you get, so if you ever try call a company you either have to try find the unpublished number, or pay through the rear end at something like 70c a minute to call them to wait on hold for 30 minutes.

They all got replaced with 03 numbers by real companies about a year ago, you can call to your hearts content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always presumed the 03s worked exactly the same way? Weren't they only introduced because 08s ran out?

I always use my works phone to call them anyway, but that's useful to know if it's the case.

E: found the wiki entry, that's pretty interesting. Good that they found a way to sort it out, but crazy they didn't just tell mobile carriers to stop being assholes and charge people in included minutes for them.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Jan 21, 2016

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

I can't wait until I am forcefully gay married so I can hunt rednecks.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
YEAH, WIFE. Y R U NOT DOING THIS FOR ME?!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
What an awesome coincidence between social fixer's edit, and her stage name underneath.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Please pick up a time intensive hobby you have no interest in so you can design costumes to sate my desire to bang annoying meme vomiting robots.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Skaw posted:

Please pick up a time intensive hobby you have no interest in so you can design costumes to sate my desire to bang annoying meme vomiting robots.

It's not even just Claptrap. He does this like every other day with whatever is being posted from his "women with big boobs" group or whatever.

I've posted a few others but searching for just those would mean pages of 'libtards' 'obama monkey' 'gently caress poors' etc memes I'd probably go crazy 20 minutes in.

e: And is extremely unhealthy obsession with guns. Even as a closet firearm owner he makes me super nervous.

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jan 22, 2016

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I've got a friend in a long-term relationship who spends a ridiculous amount of time using Facebook to fawn over cosplay girls, and I can't decide who's the biggest IOSM. Him for being a guy in his late 20s tragically hit on big titty Pikachu girls in full view of his girlfriend, or his girlfriend for putting up with her boyfriend openly hitting on big titty Pikachu girls several times a day for the duration of their relationship.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That picture is disgusting, it's got Claptrap in it, he's the Jar Jar Binks of Gaming.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Would you be able to upload the original image at full resolution for us? I tried to google for it but couldn't find it (I just now realized I could crop and reverse-image search it I guess but I'm on my phone and don't know how well that would work). I think it's hilarious and could get a lot of mileage out of it.

Biggest one I could find.

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

It's more condescending to assume people who have trouble with some things on this list ("Oh, I forgot my meds" or "I have a bad habit of slumping over" or "Remember to stretch" or "Remember to drink more water") are unable to live by themselves or are childish as some people in this thread have suggested.

Personally, and I am saying this as a person who does struggle to do basic day-to-day things to varying degrees, I just find the tone of those posts to be generally very patronizing. They also depend on the viewer seeing them at regular intervals (such as every day, in the case of meds or water/food intake) and they also depend on the user having motivation. For instance, someone reminding a user to eat doesn't mean they're going to go, "poo poo, you're right, food is necessary." What I'm getting at is that I understand your perspective, and I just wanted to add that for some people, these kinds of posts can be construed as somewhat insulting.

Anyway, content:

I'm part of an online trading community, and this was a weird post, but not as weird as the used dildo that someone was selling earlier, which was taken down. :( Tragic.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I've got a friend in a long-term relationship who spends a ridiculous amount of time using Facebook to fawn over cosplay girls, and I can't decide who's the biggest IOSM. Him for being a guy in his late 20s tragically hit on big titty Pikachu girls in full view of his girlfriend, or his girlfriend for putting up with her boyfriend openly hitting on big titty Pikachu girls several times a day for the duration of their relationship.

"big titty pikacku girls"

lmao

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've posted a few others but searching for just those would mean pages of 'libtards' 'obama monkey' 'gently caress poors' etc memes I'd probably go crazy 20 minutes in.

Click on the question mark underneath your avatar

cash crab posted:

Anyway, content:

I'm part of an online trading community, and this was a weird post, but not as weird as the used dildo that someone was selling earlier, which was taken down. :( Tragic.

From its name, I'd think that this would be one of those plastic feet with vaginas in them. I'd say this is weirder, though. Who would buy one of these?

e: I can't even find anything about this on the internet. You should definitely trade them for it.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jan 22, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Wanamingo posted:

Click on the question mark underneath your avatar

From its name, I'd think that this would be one of those plastic feet with vaginas in them. I'd say this is weirder, though. Who would buy one of these?

e: I can't even find anything about this on the internet. You should definitely trade them for it.

:( But I don't have a truck. What would I brush?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

hypnotoad posted:

Honestly this dude has always stayed pretty quiet on Facebook, usually just posting interesting or weird pictures he finds on the Internet with no comment. This week though he seems like he's lost his mind.

He was definitely a stoner in school who was a little rough around the edges but he was always so sweet to me. :smith:
How old is he? If he's 25 or under, he's well within the window for starting to show symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, which really can come on suddenly and cause someone to suddenly flip the gently caress out, start burning bridges, think everyone is after them, etc.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ah yes, Claptrap with his white bra, stockings and white hair. OK, I know that's not why he wants his partner to dress up like that, but that is seriously some lazy cosplay.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

:( But I don't have a truck. What would I brush?

Your dick.

I don't care of you don't have one, you have to find a way.

Can someone explain this to me? My interpretation is "don't bother apologizing because I'm going to hold a grudge against you forever and your mistake has permanently soured my relationship with you" which seems like a pretty lousy thing to make an informative macro out of. But that Wolfe dude gets posted on my page constantly and all his other stuff is fairly positive. Am I reading this wrong? It seems extremely passive aggressive and rude to me.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I haven't seen this posted yet, I keep up on the thread, so I"m pretty sure it's not a repeat.

But, in Minnesota, there's been a number of Black Lives Matters protests and one cop decided he should post this on facebook.

He's on paid leave right now because of it, I doubt anything will happen to him.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Picnic Princess posted:

Your dick.

Can someone explain this to me? My interpretation is "don't bother apologizing because I'm going to hold a grudge against you forever and your mistake has permanently soured my relationship with you" which seems like a pretty lousy thing to make an informative macro out of. But that Wolfe dude gets posted on my page constantly and all his other stuff is fairly positive. Am I reading this wrong? It seems extremely passive aggressive and rude to me.

You're reading it wrong. I means "sorry amounts to nothing if you don't' make a meaningful effort to repair the damage you've done."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

13Pandora13 posted:

You're reading it wrong. I means "sorry amounts to nothing if you don't' make a meaningful effort to repair the damage you've done."

Tbf that macro is super complicated and densely layered.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Your dick.

I tried and it just fell gently to the ground, then I put it back. Take that :smug:

(I have paper plates)

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

It actually means I messed up a meth deal, and now I have to kill someone in order to protect my life and family.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

Your dick.

:ohdear: Oh, no, the prophecy is coming true

Picnic Princess posted:

I think it's maybe like, "Apologizing is a good first step, but don't expect everything to go back to normal" or what 13Pandora13 said.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

trapped mouse posted:

It actually means I messed up a meth deal, and now I have to kill someone in order to protect my life and family.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw some Walter White in that image.

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How old is he? If he's 25 or under, he's well within the window for starting to show symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, which really can come on suddenly and cause someone to suddenly flip the gently caress out, start burning bridges, think everyone is after them, etc.

Yeah we're both 25. I think I'm going to shoot his twin sister a message just to check in on him and make sure everything is okay.... :(

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

It's tough for things to go back to the way they were when you keep the big sharp piece with the intent of stabbing someone.

Apropos of nothing, here's a "poor whitey" pic:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who saw some Walter White in that image.

That's literally Walter White's thumb in the photograph.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Gross Dude posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet, I keep up on the thread, so I"m pretty sure it's not a repeat.

But, in Minnesota, there's been a number of Black Lives Matters protests and one cop decided he should post this on facebook.

He's on paid leave right now because of it, I doubt anything will happen to him.

Actually, it sounds like the dood has been doing this for awhile and has been upping the rhetoric. Some guy doxx'd him to MPD. I hope something happens.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hypnotoad posted:

Yeah we're both 25. I think I'm going to shoot his twin sister a message just to check in on him and make sure everything is okay.... :(

It seems highly unlikely that everything is ok. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What a mess.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Necessary.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Oh poo poo. everyone better obey the rules he personally owns the country. he put his name on it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

you bring it on yourself 😊 have a nice day

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

And they wonder why they can't get laid.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Blind Pineapple posted:

It's tough for things to go back to the way they were when you keep the big sharp piece with the intent of stabbing someone.

Apropos of nothing, here's a "poor whitey" pic:

Someone tell Sam Smith, Daft Punk, Robin Thicke, Eminem and Justin Bieber that their BET Award nominations/wins don't count I guess.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

She and her page is incredible, she goes through a lot more poo poo than any one person deserves, and always comes out cool and collected. She's received multiple death threats, and has managed to get a dude fired by simply showing his boss the poo poo he said to her.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

cash crab posted:

:ohdear: Oh, no, the prophecy is coming true

I think it's maybe like, "Apologizing is a good first step, but don't expect everything to go back to normal" or what 13Pandora13 said.

It's "don't deliberately harm things in the first place." That's the point of those stories; you can't take actions back so try to make amends beyond just apologizing if you do gently caress up but err on the side of kindness and be careful about what you do.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gross Dude posted:

:stare: holy hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

if only the person that posted this had taken a cue from their own image, and not posted it. as much stupid poo poo as people do on facebook, the people on facebook complaining about the other people on facebook are a much louder and larger percentage, at least on my feed.