Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I still don't understand what "Filipino-Caribbean fusion" food is. Does the paksiw have cow feet in addition to pig feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'm just trying to imagine Filipino cooks trying to work together in a kitchen with Haitian cooks and the Filipinos are angrily whispering in tagalog to each other about the black people and trying to avoid touching them.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
also filipino spaghetti is gross af, my ex used to add sugar tothe marinara :barf:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Nooner posted:

also filipino spaghetti is gross af, my ex used to add sugar tothe marinara :barf:

in america and i guess the phillipines it's pretty standard to add sugar to marinara obviously but ya it should be sweetened with red wine

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the great deceiver posted:

in america and i guess the phillipines it's pretty standard to add sugar to marinara obviously but ya it should be sweetened with red wine
yeah but filipino spaghetti is like an order of magnitude sweeter than american spaghetti

for the record I DO believe there are plenty of good filipino dishes but then again I grew up with them (and no spaghetti is not on that list)

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
When I first saw the original thread title I thought lol surely this is going to be another funny GBS thread making fun of someones kickstarter. After opening the thread I was puzzled by the serious OP. Why did he think this was a good idea? How did he expect this was going to work? Well luckily everything worked itself out. Several offers good faith offers were made to impregnate his Filipiño wife, the OP had a breakdown, OP failed a mod challenge, and order was restored to the universe.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Hot Jam posted:

order was restored to the universe.

https://youtu.be/h4UqMyldS7Q

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

they recently did math and discovered exactly what day hes talkin about here.

its jan 20 1995 or soemthing

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
This thread made me really want to try food from Laos.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

suck my balls franco

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but filipino spaghetti is like an order of magnitude sweeter than american spaghetti

for the record I DO believe there are plenty of good filipino dishes but then again I grew up with them (and no spaghetti is not on that list)

i've never had filipino spaghetti and after this thread im not sure i ever want to

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
franco, suck my balls please

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

i've never had filipino spaghetti and after this thread im not sure i ever want to

there is much good filipino food out there do not waste your tiem with their awful awful "spaghetti"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

agreed franco you are a loving idiot, possibly bigger than the op

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

franco, take my wife, please

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

there is much good filipino food out there do not waste your tiem with their awful awful "spaghetti"

i live in sac which has a big filipino population and had a really good filipino friend growing up, his mom made a lot of good filipino food but never spaghetti. i never knew there was a filipino version of spaghetti until now. it looks horrible

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

i live in sac which has a big filipino population and had a really good filipino friend growing up, his mom made a lot of good filipino food but never spaghetti. i never knew there was a filipino version of spaghetti until now. it looks horrible

oh nice. sorry i said mean things about your town in the other thread I've just always thought of sac as being a cow town

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

did you see my hotdog spaghetti post?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

oh nice. sorry i said mean things about your town in the other thread I've just always thought of sac as being a cow town

it's ok we used to be but it's actually changed a lot in the past 15 years and is now like a slightly less ghetto version of oakland

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
When I was in Thailand, I had a Lasagna that was some kind of sweat meat pie, it tasted like it was made with tomato jam or something. perhaps the cook was from the philipines

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got ya Filipino food piled high right hea!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Lechon gently caress yeah.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

staberind posted:

When I was in Thailand, I had a Lasagna that was some kind of sweat meat pie, it tasted like it was made with tomato jam or something. perhaps the cook was from the philipines

for some reaosn whenever a food goes to another country, it gets sweeter. just like american chinese food is super sweet.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Testikles posted:

I don't need a kickstarter to fund me!
I don't need no goons to help me!
I have read the writing on the wall,
And I don't think it's very funny at all!
No! No!
I don't need GBS at all!
All in all you were all something awful.
All in all you were all something awful.

Good-bye cruel forum
I'm leaving you today
Good-bye, good-bye, good-bye.
Good-bye all you assholes
You haven't hurt my feelings,
I have a business to run,
Good-bye, good-bye...
good-bye.

loll

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Franco suck my drat balls

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
my filipina mother would add ketchup to her plate of spaghetti. It wasn't even tomato ketchup, it was banana ketchup, dyed bright red to look like tomatoes, mixed right into the marinara. otoh i don't have room to talk because i used to eat "cheese lumpia" that is literally just cheddar inside a wrapper like a knock-off mozzarella stick. This is apparently not an isolated incident. :shrug:

Lechón's pretty amazing though

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

el B posted:

you left this one out:

Pickens County Pasta

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
gently caress

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Franco suck my drat balls

el B posted:

gently caress

Yeah that was my reaction when I googled filipino hot dog cuisine.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

el B posted:

This really makes the smiles in my tummy go sad.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
What's with all the fuckin marshmallows?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

el B posted:

God drat why would anyone eat Filipino food it looks like poo poo?

Its all sugar coated crap. Marshmallows on loving hotdogs? Disgusting.

ITs not like the sweet candy stuff its bizarre meat and sugar combinations. Like stuffing a steak with cotton candy.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Edgar posted:

This thread made me really want to try food from Laos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bicol express is the only good Filipino food I've ever had. Everything else they make is basically hog slop.

Which makes sense. I mean, when you're getting your rear end kicked in GDP per capita by countries like Angola and Bhutan, are you really going to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make delicious food? Or are you going to be busy trying to not starve to death, and how you can get to the internet cafe that's 32 miles away so you can place an ad for selling your daughter to an American (after which your entire family will show up on his doorstep).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a hole-y ghost posted:

okay I'll admit that my aunt doesn't like to walk out in the street around her ebecause the "spanishes" are out there.

my cousin's daughter got in trouble at school because she wouldn't share toys with the "dirty" kids (she's a very light skinned pinay)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Most good American recipes that you see won't have any, but even the ones I've seen that do it's like 1 teaspoon for 2 quarts of sauce or something.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

el B posted:

And the doobie thread and the lovely Filipino food thread have now achieved a perfect union in the eyes of the all seeing hotdog lord.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Who seriously puts hot dogs in their pasta and covers it with over sugary sauce? Ick.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

pleas watch my late completion of the tito ron's filipeno food moderator challenge thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PybvGgUM8-I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

I don't know about it being a cow town, but it's definitely a totally worthless shithole. Luckily 99% of sac resident's cars are incapable of making it more than 20 miles without breaking down, or Reno (which is inarguably and literally a million times better) would be inundated with sac refugees.

• Locked thread