Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The best triple tag-teams are as follows:

1st Nico/Rin/Pana
2nd Nozomi/Eli/Umi
3rd Honoka/Kotori/Maki

graybook posted:

Nico is of course tops for me but a lot of the others are fluid.

But in terms of voice it's fairly easy

S tier: Umi
A tier: Eli
B tier: Maki, Rin
C tier: Hanayo, Nico
Squeak squeak tier: Kotori
Nasal tier: Nozomi

Also that article is hilarious because of the Carson bit.

I agree with this, but I would also put Honoka on the same tier as Maki and Rin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wow how the hell did I forget Honoka
:/
Yeah I can agree with that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's OK, folks, I'm here to clear up any confusion.

best love live posted:

S Tier: Nico
A Tier: Maki, Eli, Nozomi
B Tier: Umi, Rin
C Tier: Kotori, Honoka
F Tier: Hanayo

best love live voices posted:

S Tier: Rin, Eli
A Tier: Maki, Umi
B Tier: Honoka, Nico
C Tier: Hanayo, Kotori, Nozomi

Hanayo and Kotori each sound much better when they're on their own. I think they're made to pitch high to give a wider range to the group, but it just sounds awful. Nozo's VA just... doesn't have that good a voice, I'm afraid.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Apathetic Panda posted:

So I got my friend into SIF and she's only level 13, but she decided to roll for the Nozomi and ended up getting a UR Eri. I'm so salty right now. I didn't get my first UR till like level 100.

This comic illustrates what happened to me pretty accurately. Replace Nico with me and Nozomi with my younger sister.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hey, if anyone needs to fill out a friend slot in SIF EN I have three spots open after cleaning out some dead people, may they rest in peace.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It hits me that Umi is the tragic heroine of Love Live.

Never been voted in 1st place to be the center.

Only character not to have her own episode in Love Live the Animation.

Kinda the third wheel. There's Nico x Maki, and the friendship between Rin/Hanayo and Nozomi/Eli. Sure, she has Kotori and Honoka but the end of S1 was mainly about Kotori and Honoka.

Got cut from scenes in Sunny Day Song in the film (fixed in the BR).

Now that the Final Live has been announced, Umi will never have her chance to shine (except in my heart).

I'm sad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/aribezi/status/689046752633028608

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Golly, the way I'd come across material, it was Honoka third wheeling Umi and Kotori. Maybe the fans prefer KotoUmi to HonoKoto, since Honoka is so unpopular.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isn't Japan the country where the main character is almost always voted in first place?

Hasn't Honoka been in 1st place and voted center like once or twice?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
On mobile and I can't find the post about it, but I could've sworn that in spite of her getting center voting success(es), Honoka in more recent times has gone to less popular status with the fanbase. That said, it's still poop that Umi hadn't been voted center.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nozomi and Rin haven't been either, but they at least got episodes where they got to shine.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I think you're better off not being too concerned about popularity polls, but yeah, for the rest of it that's kind of sad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Umi's a clown. The sad kind, with a teardrop under her eye, not the cheerful kind who turn out to be serial killers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You guys probably don't realize this because I keep it on the down-low, but I'm a big Umi fan.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I echo the claim, however, that one of the biggest crimes of this first phase of Love Live is that RIN AND HANAYO NEVER GOT A DUET

the b-side to Heart to Heart doesn't count, that's just centers and not a duet

Sidenote if you guys haven't listened to PSYCHIC FIRE (b-side to Sakkaku Crossroads, the new BiBi single) you should because it friggin owns. Mad energy and it just feels like a really fun time for the BiBi gals. Earwormy shouts just sweeten the deal.

graybook fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 20, 2016

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Man I wish I could tier events... I kind of want that Idolized Honoka. The normal SR is nice, but I certainly would not argue with a pair.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Man I wish I could tier events... I kind of want that Idolized Honoka. The normal SR is nice, but I certainly would not argue with a pair.

If you have a couple of dozen love gems, then you can definitely do it. You just have to stop waiting until the last minute in 8-10 day events to get the tier that you want.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Finally, an official Ranko umbrella, surprised it's taken this long

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I'm going for the reward event girl in SS. I have no SSR or SR rank Cute girls.

The game seems to love giving me Passion and Cool SSR/SR. Got 2 SSR of each.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

IAmTheRad posted:

That is an odd distribution of luck.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm just in it for Mimura Kanako, not so interested in Sae. Can't believe it's three event communications in and Kanako still hasn't said anything about food, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

I'm just in it for Mimura Kanako, not so interested in Sae. Can't believe it's three event communications in and Kanako still hasn't said anything about food, though.

Someone fire the writer.

I'm basically the same way.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rue the day that I reach level 100 in SIF cause then I won't have halved experience bars anymore apparently?

Which sucks because level ups really help me get event points.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

She had an entire story section all about pies and poo poo. More importantly, it's Sae o'clock.

IAmTheRad posted:

That's astonishing.

In an unrelated note, in case someone was wondering, the tap target for the lockers in your room is definitely the lockers, and not the little bubble. Also, they really didn't plan for you to tuck them away in a corner like this:

The worst was that I have them in the order they can be upgraded, and it was pretty tough to hit the cool and passion ones when they were hidden behind the cute one and the whiteboard. :(

e. Also now there are two new tap sounds! Tap 3 is good if you keep hitting notes where there are none, and hate hearing a tap for it, I guess? They both sound kinda weird.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 22, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

graybook posted:

That is an odd distribution of luck.

I don't mean 4 at once.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

IAmTheRad posted:

I don't mean 4 at once.

Didn't think you did, sorry; I intended to comment on the lack of (S)SR Cute.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

graybook posted:

Didn't think you did, sorry; I intended to comment on the lack of (S)SR Cute.

I'm like that but with Passion unfortunately, still need an SSR there. Also Sae for life.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

For the goddamn life of me I cannot FC Dancing Stars on Me. Every single time it's one good; in a different place. I'm just not meant to get this love gem.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
At least you have plenty of time to keep working at it versus the smaller timeframe we had been on. Keep at it! I was that way with Takaramonos but managed in time.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Yeah Dancing Stars on Me is driving me batty because I keep making stupid mistakes. I KNOW what's coming but... miss anyway. I'm okay at EX, not the best, though. I can't even play the current Soldier Game one without 4-5 healers on my team haha (Good thing all I ever get out of the premium gacha are Cool SR/UR Healers).

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

ChubbyThePhat posted:

For the goddamn life of me I cannot FC Dancing Stars on Me. Every single time it's one good; in a different place. I'm just not meant to get this love gem.

Me but with Glass no Hanazono on Hard. Finally got it after 61 tries, but it was one of the most painful FCs I've done. I'm not looking forward to Yumex3 FC because I can't see the drat notes due to the lighter backgrounds in EN.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hey, who likes rehearsal modes? And...mission functions...?

It doesn't seem like any of this stuff does anything yet so the update is probably just setup so they can push it from the server later. Apparently the rehearsals will need 'rehearsal tickets' but I presume they'll be relatively freely available otherwise why bother.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I saw people playing around with some of the new stuff. Rehearsal mode is like, you get some amount of tickets every day, and that lets you play a song without using stamina, but you get no rewards, either.
MV settings has like bloom or something for effects, and presumably other things (such as double-tap to pause the animation, I think I read).
I should hunt down the mission features if I can find them.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Huh. I opened a MV but it didn't seem to do anything different and I presumed they'd released the update too late for the ticket to be in the login bonus, but I guess they released it earlier and it just took me this long to notice it. Well, I guess I'll figure it out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
At least on my screens, when selecting a song to play, next to the selection button there's a new little button that seems to indicate how many rehearsal tickets I've got, which toggles whether or not it's in rehearsal mode. I haven't tried any MVs yet because I'm trying to still get more tokens to at least get one Kanako, since my rhythm focus has been on GF Note because I am having to burn more Luck Stones for that dress. I can probably make 150k by tomorrow night though, I'm at like 116k now and was at 103k earlier.

I only have one dress and it's fairly alright but I want more variety. It's also pink like the event reward dress, but at least it's a different design.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, haha, I probably should have checked whether the app had actually updated on my phone or iTunes had just decided not to do it automatically this time around.

Yeah, the MV settings are bloom ('soft filter'), confetti and 30/60 FPS. Single tap pauses, second tap brings up the continue/quit box as previously. It also has display lyrics y/n, though they've had to clarify that that doesn't actually do anything yet. And it says the mission stuff won't be until February.

I haven't been playing GF Note much, but I got a few dresses out of 11-pulls. I could do with more shoes, really.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Another lunch break down, another 2 missed FC's. First one I got a bad on a dropped spotlight and second one I didn't brain properly. MY EFFORTS ARE FUTILE.

On the other hand I'm stashing tokens for the EX event song so I can jam out the SR Honoka in a couple days.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Another lunch break down, another 2 missed FC's. First one I got a bad on a dropped spotlight and second one I didn't brain properly. MY EFFORTS ARE FUTILE.

On the other hand I'm stashing tokens for the EX event song so I can jam out the SR Honoka in a couple days.

Same, only I'm failing to C-combo Soldier Game EX and the other daily since I managed to FC'd Dancing Stars on Me a couple of days ago. It was always the fast pairs of notes in the middle of Dancing Stars that always got me since I'd keep just miss timing on them by a bit, or my thumb would flub a note. The worst was when I'd clear them, only to flub some easy note afterwards.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/30SecDeremas/status/685702955216011264

Sae is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Sorry if I misunderstood something and this isn't the place for general Love Live talk, but I've been subbing a few of the Love Live audio dramas, most recently the New Year's dramas, right here. Please check them out if that sort of stuff interests you.

Ed: I totally meant to post the first video in the series, which is this one. Oops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiM4qX9IRwg

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 27, 2016