Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

less laughter posted:

TBS would have had no problem with it

New Animorphs looking incredibly strange and problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you like Happy Endings, then check out Search Party. It's a film released last year that got pushed aside for sounding like a Hangover clone, but I found it super funny and it has Adam Pally in it plus loads of really good comedy people like TJ Miller, Jason Mantzoukas, Thomas Middleditch etc.

I honesty thought it was going to be one of those 'tons of people I like so it'll actually be poo poo' films, but it's just super dumb and full of laughs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The third season of Happy Endings was such a step down from season two that I wasn't that torn up about it when it was cancelled. And in season two it was my favorite comedy on the air.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We may just have opposite tastes.

also Holy poo poo, Netflix is making an Altered Carbon series.

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 20, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

X-O posted:

The third season of Happy Endings was such a step down from season two that I wasn't that torn up about it when it was cancelled.

Same.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

X-O posted:

The third season of Happy Endings was such a step down from season two that I wasn't that torn up about it when it was cancelled. And in season two it was my favorite comedy on the air.
I mean season 3 was still really good all in all but season 2 is like an entire other level.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'd be nice if the TV version didn't just hand wave away any criticisms of the "stack" system.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

It'd be nice if the TV version didn't just hand wave away any criticisms of the "stack" system.

Do you mean internal criticism like the political and religious movements in the book opposing it or external criticism like readers who think it has some troubling implications?

Also allow me to temper any excitement you have by pointing out the writer of Avatar and Genisys is showrunning. Though she has retained rights to the book for almost 15 years so it sounds like a passion project for her.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Also allow me to temper any excitement you have by pointing out the writer of Avatar and Genisys is showrunning. Though she has retained rights to the book for almost 15 years so it sounds like a passion project for her.

You mean Laeta Kalogridis? Apparently she's a HIGHLY respected screenwriter in the industry whose scripts always read strong, but somehow, when it comes time to put any of them into production, a suit and/or a director will cock it up. She's basically had poo poo luck when it comes to produced movies, but people will keep turning to her for polishing / doctoring because they know the score.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_TtJqMcZU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Zaggitz posted:

Your parents oughta named you nicknackpaddy, cause your opinions are whack.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP.

obligatory quote

Playing House S2 was amazing and it would have been #6 on my year-end list had I been aware it aired

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Anyone else enjoying Billions? I'm surprised to see no thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You're the first person to say anything positive about it out of about 5 or 6 people. A shame, I like Paul Giamatti.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like it in a dumb way.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I like it, but I don't count.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
so TVLand Teacher's is way better and raucher then it has any right to be

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

YES

YES

YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjEusWO6VPg

YES

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Last night's Man Seeking Woman sure had a lot of nude male rear end in it.
Quoting this from last week. Still a true statement for last night's episode, still hilarious, people still need to watch it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Finished the Wire yesterday, yeah that was awesome.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Finished the Wire yesterday, yeah that was awesome.

You're French right? What surprised you about the way American inner city and police culture is portrayed?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sbaldrick posted:

so TVLand Teacher's is way better and raucher then it has any right to be

I originally gave it a pass because TVLand, but it's actually pretty fun. Feels like there's a fair bit of golden age Brit sitcom influence to me (funnily enough we had a show called Teachers, but I never caught it. I think the mid 00s NBC show was a remake of it) and whoever does the set dressing is really good. Loved that the teacher who kept bringing up pizza has an entire wall dedicated to it in her classroom.

Will keep watching I think.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This deserves to win all the oscars.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I can't believe I'm this amped for the season premiere of The 100 tonight.

Really hoping Genghis Clarke wipes out an entire race of AIs this season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Snoopy posted:

Anyone else enjoying Billions? I'm surprised to see no thread.

Just you. Show is bad.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Lmao, one of the students in the class I TA walked came to me during my office hours and saw me watching Limitless. Then he said that Limitless was too predictable and that I should watch NCIS instead. :psyduck:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
new elementary, yay

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sherlock solved a case that was predicated on that dress that looked blue and yellow under different lights

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

corn in the bible posted:

sherlock solved a case that was predicated on that dress that looked blue and yellow under different lights

This is the good, not meme-bait Sherlock tv show, right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

whowhatwhere posted:

Yes, but I haven't watched the latest episode yet :argh:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind that Elementary had an episode where Torgo from Manos: The Hand of Fate was key to solving the crime. Weird referential Internet stuff isn't unheard of.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Television is a device which simulates all possible FBI consultants.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tortolia posted:

Keep in mind that Elementary had an episode where Torgo from Manos: The Hand of Fate was key to solving the crime. Weird referential Internet stuff isn't unheard of.

And they have their own in-universe version of Anonymous called "Everyone." Sherlock once had to put a shoe on his head to get in good with them.
Elementary has its share of embarrassing poo poo moments but at its worst I don't think it's come close to the low points of Sherlock.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's time to play Good News/Bad News.

Good News: Shawn Ryan and Eric Kripke are getting together and making a show that is being described as “Back To The Future meets Mission: Impossible”
Bad News: NBC won the bidding war for it so we'll only ever get maybe 8 episodes of it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Like back when everyone was making new Sherlock TV shows, who knew that it would be the American one set in New York that turned it into a standard American Crime Procedural with 22 episodes a year that would be the good one, and not the BBC one with real British actors that only did 3 episodes a year?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

X-O posted:

Good News: Shawn Ryan and Eric Kripke are getting together and making a show that is being described as “Back To The Future meets Mission: Impossible”
Bad News: NBC won the bidding war for it so we'll only ever get maybe 8 episodes of it.

While you wait for that to be buried in a Thursday night timeslot, Shawn Ryan's Mad Dogs remake is now streaming on Amazon Prime. So if you can't sleep...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

whowhatwhere posted:

this episode sucked rear end and was really bad :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cardboard Box A posted:

Like back when everyone was making new Sherlock TV shows, who knew that it would be the American one set in New York that turned it into a standard American Crime Procedural with 22 episodes a year that would be the good one, and not the BBC one with real British actors that only did 3 episodes a year?

Johnny Lee Miller was in Hackers and married Angelina Jolie. That's a real british actor.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

Wasn't the last Shawn Ryan show he did for a network Last Resort? :negative:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Johnny Lee Miller was in Hackers and married Angelina Jolie. That's a real british actor.

The most British actor with the most American name. Any day now I'm expecting Benedict Cumberbatch to throw off his limey disguise to reveal a ripped-sleeve wifebeater and deep Alabama accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

X-O posted:

Wait, so they break into highly secure facilities in a Time Travelling Delorean? :confused:

• Locked thread