Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Mike

Starting early this year, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Exclamation Marx posted:

No poo poo we shouldn't celebrate the abuse, anger, and ignorance Maori have suffered you loving wank.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

loving Christ did he melt?

He had a colonic and lost about 15% of his total body mass.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Exclamation Marx posted:

Casey Tatum lookin' rear end motherfucker

also lol

Somfin posted:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Quaid! gently caress the poor, Quaid!

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
That fence is pretty shocking, the sheer chutzpah of it

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Somfin posted:

nice, nice

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I fear the day Hosking and Henry die, as based on the Holmes experience we will then end up with 4 h-named media cunts actively making the country worse.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

What the actual gently caress?

quote:

MediaWorks announces the end of 3News

Meanwhile, TVNZ announces new free-to-air channel aimed specifically at men

quote:

The new channel will feature an international slate of top drama, sport, comedy, factual titles and movies.

VAGINAS HATE FACTS

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Waiting for it to be called "MANnel one" or something else suitably asinine.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I hate this country

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Featuring a talkshow hosted by Ritchie.

First guest will be John Key.

After 10pm it will feature musical talent the likes of Max Key (via satelitte from his 5-star hotel in Hawaii).

6am-9am will be a man-focused shopping experience hosted by kiwi bloke favourite Mike King.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
All is forgiven if they do a daily meat pack raffle.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

truther posted:

Featuring a talkshow hosted by Ritchie.

First guest will be John Key.

After 10pm it will feature musical talent the likes of Max Key (via satelitte from his 5-star hotel in Hawaii).

6am-9am will be a man-focused shopping experience hosted by kiwi bloke favourite Mike King.

"Mike King," or post-bankruptcy mental health advocate Mike King?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Vagabundo posted:

"Mike King," or post-bankruptcy mental health advocate Mike King?

Mike was a loving dick, but I met him recently and he is a really nice guy now.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
There already is a channel just for men, its called C4 from midnight to 6am when they just show sex lines adverts.

Actually last time I actually saw that was over a decade ago but I assume it still exists.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

klen dool posted:

Mike was a loving dick, but I met him recently and he is a really nice guy now.

Yeah, I remember watching a story about him on Te Kaea a while ago, and working with kids now, some of whom are struggling with mental illness, I genuinely appreciate what he's doing.

http://www.maoritelevision.com/news/national/mike-king-spreads-anti-suicide-message-youth

Lobsterpillar posted:

There already is a channel just for men, its called C4 from midnight to 6am when they just show sex lines adverts.

Actually last time I actually saw that was over a decade ago but I assume it still exists.

I think it's Twelve or something like that now.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
A TV channel with zero reality TV shows ever would be a better use of their time.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

So they're going to make a women only tv channel too, right? Right?

I don't know what would be worse, them not making an equivalent tv channel aimed at women or what monstrosities they would consider appropriate for a channel aimed at women.

It'd totally be like non-stop Game of Thrones and Julia Roberts movies, right? I could live with that.

:smith:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Isn't there a channel on Sky TV that's aimed at women? That one has The Good Wife, which is a pretty loving good show.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Exclamation Marx posted:

Guy looks like a desiccated Jeremy Clarkson, with social views to match.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Isn't there a channel on Sky TV that's aimed at women? That one has The Good Wife, which is a pretty loving good show.

I don't have Sky but I like The Good Wife so I'd be okay with that!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A friend keeps harassing me to move to New Zealand, to go live with her and hang out and not be in America. I know little about New Zealand but she makes it sound like a paradise.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

It's alright.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nah, it's poo poo.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
It's differently bad.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

redleader posted:

It's differently bad.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Everyone I know who moved here from Canada and the us and England and other white countries say its awesome. But there are still dumb shits here.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

klen dool posted:

Everyone I know who moved here from Canada and the us and England and other white countries say its awesome. But there are still dumb shits here.

Case in point: this thread.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It is bad but not the worst :unsmith:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It's profoundly mediocre.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If you want "island style" lifestyle where everything is way more laid back, but still want to live in a real country, with things, and stuff, NZ is pretty good.

But it's also insanely loving boring if you don't care about the natural beauty stuff because you lived around that a hit your entire life.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
New Zealand's a great place to live, but not to be born in.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

How are things like job markets and housing costs and stuff. I mean so far the only negative to the country seems to be it being hot as balls?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

KittyEmpress posted:

How are things like job markets and housing costs and stuff. I mean so far the only negative to the country seems to be it being hot as balls?

Don't come to NZ if you think 20-30C in summer is "Hot as balls"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Don't come to NZ

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Or at least maybe visit first?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

KittyEmpress posted:

Job market: bad
Housing costs: expensive, especially in Auckland
I wouldn't say NZ is hot as balls but the lower South Island can get as cold as gently caress.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

We're an island nation, so everything is expensive. The stuff we grow here is nice though (although expensive, because gently caress it everything else is). Add to that the cultural melting pot we have going on, and you'll eat well.

You will have a choice to live somewhere affordable, but boring as gently caress, or live somewhere that's obscenely expensive for what it is, and it being only moderately less boring. Oh yeah, and we apparently don't know what insulation is. Everywhere is simultaneously damp, cold, muggy and hot.

BUT LOOK AT THAT TREE/BEACH/SUNSET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

Hot as balls? Sure you're not thinking of australia there?

I'm one of those people who tries to convince my overseas friends to move here for a year or so (I wouldn't have to travel so far to visit them). If you live in some monstrous US city then I'd recommend it just as a breath of fresh air and a different experience.
But then again that experience will depend on which part of NZ you go to.

How old are you? If you're young you should come for a study exchange, I've known tons of people who've enjoyed that.

• Locked thread