Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

If only there were some kind of "final solution" to the "millenial question"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Reverse Centaur posted:

This is how i pose with millennials too

Is Snoop now turning into Terry Richardson?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
He's not snoop anymore now he's lion of Zion or some such.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pondex posted:

That's a Dire Straits cover you nublet

(Yes, I have outed myself as an old)
Dire Straits are still well known by millennials though

now if you said R.E.M. or even The Police, than that's an entirely different story

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

symbolic posted:

now if you said R.E.M. or even The Police, than that's an entirely different story

millennials unaware roxanne needs not put on that red light

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Grand Prize Winner posted:

millennials unaware roxanne needs not put on that red light

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Roxanne - you don't have to put up the Kickstarter
Those days are over you don't have to beg for a sugar father

Roxanne - you don't have to cam at all tonight
Stripping for the bitcoins, you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Roxanne - you don't have to crowd-source every night
Roxanne - you don't have to Kickstart at all tonight

Roxanne (put up the web page)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

EugeneJ posted:

Roxanne - you don't have to put up the Kickstarter
Those days are over you don't have to beg for a sugar father

Roxanne - you don't have to cam at all tonight
Stripping for the bitcoins, you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Roxanne - you don't have to crowd-source every night
Roxanne - you don't have to Kickstart at all tonight

This is more effort for gbs than I've seen in 2 years

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

notZaar posted:

mods please change my name to lion of Zion tia

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

millennials seem to know about all three. they generally know vaguely about bands that got tons of radio or mtv coverage from the mid 70s onwards

when it comes to musician's musicians like neil young or donovan though... millennials are very segmented. basically people who care about music know about that stuff and people who don't care about music don't give a poo poo, and most people from every generation fall into the second category.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Whole Internet posted:

millennials seem to know about all three. they generally know vaguely about bands that got tons of radio or mtv coverage from the mid 70s onwards

when it comes to musician's musicians like neil young or donovan though... millennials are very segmented. basically people who care about music know about that stuff and people who don't care about music don't give a poo poo, and most people from every generation fall into the second category.
i can proudly say i fall into the first category. i am a special snowflake Gen Zer that cares about good old music unlike the rest of my brainwashed peers. :D

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
my fedora says Sinatra, my trenchcoat says Nightcore. I am the uber-millenial

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

notZaar posted:

Wow, someone hasn't moved past 2012

good job nerd

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I played some Clutch for my 6 year old nephew and he didn't like it. Bloody millenials.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
got this idea that i'm thinking about mailing to vince mcmmaho to use as a wwf event:

during one of the crowd shots we see a typical millennial bitch shoving an older gentleman out of the way in order to get a better view, but get this: he's from the Great Generation; basically a complete bad rear end who doesn't take sh*t from anyone. Greatest Generation Guy (future stage name is trible G if this takes off) takes her camera phone away from her, but then all her millennial friends get at him; there's the kind of millennial guy who looks like a lumberjack except extremely skinny, the kind of millennial guy who also looks like a lumberjack except extremely fat, the kind of millennial chick who looks like a lumber jack but has those thick brimmed glasses, all kinds of millennial faux lumberjacks, and they're using dirty tricks. imagine all the wwf heel moves like steel chairs, double- and triple teaming against this one elderly guy. Triple G is taking a stand but it's looking bad

suddenly an extremely pale guy wearing a "there is 10 kind of people" t-shirt jumps in and helps triple G out; where did this guy come from? you just know this guy knows his way around IT stuff, but that he doesn't actually let social media control his life, and he has great respect for the olden days when family values were like how they were in the Fallout universe pre-war, (Interplay NOT Obsidan) now triple G and tech guy does double-team moves on the lumberjacks who gets triggerd to all hell. "sir, ill let you have this one out of respect for you and our country" says the IT guy and triple G does his finishig special move on the last lumberjack which is basically a homage to the Nguyễn Văn Lém execution except instead of killng the millennials he smashes up their smartphones so they can't post on twitter about how their feefees got hurt

red19fire
May 26, 2010

extra stout posted:

i think as long as the current government continues to tax and regulate things at current rates the value of the tiny house is undeniable, it's just a thousand cases of well documented poor executions that really hurts it

if these kids had a tiny amount of building experience, knew enough about electricity to set up some solar panels, and got the heating up to code, i'd have a good deal of respect for their lack of materialism and the 50 percent pussy deficit they put themselves into fearlessly knowing any woman who wants kids or a big house will never even come inside

unfortunately a lot of their blogs are just like 'dont know how an axe works, ive got the wood salesman coming over today. the sink doesn't work and i don't own a wrench, so i've offered my friend bill an eighth of bud to come fix that next"

I'm pretty sure it's easier just to retrofit a used camper/trailer for the same money (and old stainless steel airstreams are classy as hell), but I don't think millenials can deal with that 'trailer park' stigma. So their need to gentrify everything they touch compels them to build rolling McMansions.

eclipse232 posted:

There was a big part of me that did not want this to be true. Looks like Achievement badges are not just earned in Steam.

Just want to add, towards the end of my one tour, there was this loving turd machine desk bitch sergeant who kept shooting out of the truck windows on 'patrols' (mail runs) and trying to claim he deserved a CAB for it. He was grossly out of shape and it was a really obvious ploy to gain some promotion points.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 22, 2016

naem
May 29, 2011

red19fire posted:

turd machine desk bitch sergeant

:swoon:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Grandmother of Five posted:

got this idea that i'm thinking about mailing to vince mcmmaho to use as a wwf event:

during one of the crowd shots we see a typical millennial bitch shoving an older gentleman out of the way in order to get a better view, but get this: he's from the Great Generation; basically a complete bad rear end who doesn't take sh*t from anyone. Greatest Generation Guy (future stage name is trible G if this takes off) takes her camera phone away from her, but then all her millennial friends get at him; there's the kind of millennial guy who looks like a lumberjack except extremely skinny, the kind of millennial guy who also looks like a lumberjack except extremely fat, the kind of millennial chick who looks like a lumber jack but has those thick brimmed glasses, all kinds of millennial faux lumberjacks, and they're using dirty tricks. imagine all the wwf heel moves like steel chairs, double- and triple teaming against this one elderly guy. Triple G is taking a stand but it's looking bad

suddenly an extremely pale guy wearing a "there is 10 kind of people" t-shirt jumps in and helps triple G out; where did this guy come from? you just know this guy knows his way around IT stuff, but that he doesn't actually let social media control his life, and he has great respect for the olden days when family values were like how they were in the Fallout universe pre-war, (Interplay NOT Obsidan) now triple G and tech guy does double-team moves on the lumberjacks who gets triggerd to all hell. "sir, ill let you have this one out of respect for you and our country" says the IT guy and triple G does his finishig special move on the last lumberjack which is basically a homage to the Nguyễn Văn Lém execution except instead of killng the millennials he smashes up their smartphones so they can't post on twitter about how their feefees got hurt

lol

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

symbolic posted:

i can proudly say i fall into the first category. i am a special snowflake Gen Zer that cares about good old music unlike the rest of my brainwashed peers. :D

Why don't you go post about it on Youtube in the comments section for a loving Tom Petty song or whatever.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Borden posted:

I played some Clutch for my 6 year old nephew and he didn't like it. Bloody millenials.

hosed up if true

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

symbolic posted:

possibly because dire straits are good and rem and the police suck poo poo

solo sting dec

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mr. mephistopheles posted:

solo sting dec

Dire Straits is by far my favorite Dad rock band. The Man's Too Strong is easily my favorite song

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pham Nuwen posted:

Why don't you go post about it on Youtube in the comments section for a loving Tom Petty song or whatever.
:thejoke:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Borden posted:

Clutch blows so good for him.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Irradiation posted:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

might have been easier to tell if you hadn't previously been posting about all the super underground bands millennials (except you) wouldn't know like REM and The Police

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dire Straits is by far my favorite Dad rock band. The Man's Too Strong is easily my favorite song

always bugged me that dad rock is just another term for classic rock

imo dad rock should be used for bands that were cool among young people when the artists themselves were young but now they're just middle aged dudes making music for other middle aged dudes to play on their $3000 headphones in their listening room that only exists as a place in the house for them to get away from their wife and wonder where their youth went like foo fighters and weezer

e: it's not bad music, it's just not very cool and it's made by people who used to be cool trying to revive their coolness and failing

like david bowie never made dad rock because he continued to be cool until he died

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 23, 2016

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Irradiation posted:

gently caress outta here

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBSQ_zeUQ8

lmao if you think this is good

just lmao

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I had a hs teacher that told me I should listen to dire straights, and to this day I never have and couldn't name any song by them. The teacher killed himself not too long ago I think, RIP

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

radiatinglines posted:

I had a hs teacher that told me I should listen to dire straights, and to this day I never have and couldn't name any song by them. The teacher killed himself not too long ago I think, RIP

Money For Nothing is pretty recognizable at least if you're over 30.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Germstore posted:

lol I thought that song was zz top

I'll continue not looking into dire straights while only feeling a tinge of guilt because I think my uncle likes them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pham Nuwen posted:

might have been easier to tell if you hadn't previously been posting about all the super underground bands millennials (except you) wouldn't know like REM and The Police
i never said they were underground. they're just not as listened to or relevant since their songs aren't really used in any popular media for quite a while now.

Journey's still really relevant to millennials, for example, due to "Separate Ways" and "Don't Stop Believing" being used in goddamn everything.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Germstore posted:

That's funny because the millenial generation also wants money for nothing with their kickstarters and patreons and such :thejoke: :ironicat:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

solo sting dec

Do you ever say anything that is correct

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Irradiation posted:

Look at this stupid millenial who probably likes idiots who use those square synthesizer things.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

always bugged me that dad rock is just another term for classic rock

It's not really. Dire Straights definitely have a sound that could lump them in there even if they aren't still playing their old songs at county fairs or whatever.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
for a minute i was about to be like 'i wonder why i dig 80s rock so much when i wasn't even alive then maybe it's just objectively good' but then I remembered it's actually because I played San Andreas to death as a kid and the 80s rock station was the only good one

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Teflon Don posted:

gently caress outta here

Nah that's correct, I always instinctively mute the radio whenever Clutch comes on the radio. So I was actually gonna post that myself but was sure that I'd get hit with a :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Borden posted:

Look at this stupid millenial who probably likes idiots who use those square synthesizer things.

I saw them open for Motorhead and they were boring as poo poo.

• Locked thread