Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Weatherman posted:

I wish this post didn't happen, but alas

Your mother feels the same thing about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Khazar-khum posted:

[Force Awakens story]

I hate these people.

This is the kind of thing that is hilarious to you and your long term significant other and no one else. Not people on the Internet, not really even your friends. The earlier you learn this in a relationship, the better.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Eponine posted:

This is the kind of thing that is hilarious to you and your long term significant other and no one else. Not people on the Internet, not really even your friends. The earlier you learn this in a relationship, the better.

Ugh, you made me picture the kind of person who would tell everyone this kind of mundane story as if it was the funniest thing. I can't imagine what it was before NAR edited it to be more I interesting.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

There is always one poster saying that insane stories sound legit.

I dunno, having worked as a videographer and a caterer at lots of weddings, it honestly sounds pretty tame. Weddings are a perfect storm of formal wear, free-flowing booze, and family feuds. I can't think of a single one I've worked that didn't involve some crazy stuff.

Hell, some of the poo poo in that post even happened at my sister's wedding, only the drunk woman cursing and kicking poo poo was the groom's mother, not his 18-year-old sister.

The author is definitely a whine-rear end, though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jodai posted:

Ugh, you made me picture the kind of person who would tell everyone this kind of mundane story as if it was the funniest thing. I can't imagine what it was before NAR edited it to be more I interesting.

Fiancé: *talking over me* “You might even say you’ll have…”

Me: *at the same time* “—I’ve got…”

Both Of Us: *simultaneously* “[Movie Title]!”

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Cross-post

Mouse Dresser posted:

"Look at what a cool, nerdy, tomboy chick I am. I have regular interactions with human males and they recognize how cool and unique I am as a nerdy girl. Our interactions are about how cool and nerdy I am and contain references to two of the most popular film franchises of all time, but it's totally nerdy to like these two incredibly popular things!"

http://imgur.com/gallery/A2tO1N6/

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Fathis Munk posted:

girls and star war

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This post has indeed made me very cross. :spergin:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It is a nice message that only women who are into stupid nerd bullshit are good.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

You know what really makes these stories? The fact that the entirety of the story is contained in one, paragraph long, run-on sentence.

e:

bringmyfishback posted:

Starts normal, then goes off the rails.

UGH THEY KICKED ME AND RAN AROUND CALLING EVERYONE BITCHES AND THEY DIDN'T SEND A CARD like who DOES that ladies?!/!?

I'd like to note that the bride's family DID NOTHING WRONG or even anything at all. This really reads as a "My In-Laws are loving animals and my husband is a gigantic pussy"

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Jan 21, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i too imagine kicking the poo poo out of small children random tumblr woman.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Turtlicious posted:

i too imagine kicking the poo poo out of small children random tumblr woman.

A less than subtle boot to a child's bum, encourages a well-adjusted human being

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Or he's lactose intolerant.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Cheese is a sometimes food!

Wasn't there a goon who said he got fired from a union job and they didn't even try to help him because he farted so much / so bad. It turned out he was lactose intolerant and knew it but he ate gross home made cheese he aged in his basement.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

snergle posted:

Wasn't there a goon who said he got fired from a union job and they didn't even try to help him because he farted so much / so bad. It turned out he was lactose intolerant and knew it but he ate gross home made cheese he aged in his basement.

:ssh: Yes. I was quoting someone from that thread. :ssh:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

UGHHHHHHHHHH

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That math is suspect to me. Did this idiot even do their research?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jeb Bush's hand writing is awful

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You make the assumption that Jeb! can even write

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I apologize preemptively for the interminable story told through tweets
http://imgur.com/gallery/cuz1q

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zelder posted:

Jeb Bush's hand writing is awful

:pusheen: perfect.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Postal Parcel posted:

I stopped at "I do improv" I just knew it would be awful from that point on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

This seems pretty plausible tbh. I've screwed with con artists before, they are usually morons.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

This seems pretty plausible tbh. I've screwed with con artists before, they are usually morons.

No con artist is going to sit there on the phone while you rant at them. Also, they'd use western union or something not as traceable as a bank of america account with a routing number.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

No con artist is going to sit there on the phone while you rant at them. Also, they'd use western union or something not as traceable as a bank of america account with a routing number.
Using a compromised bank account to muddy the waters is pretty common with this kind of thing. A scammer gains access to someone's account and uses it to get the payoffs for other scams. When the victims catch on they waste a lot of time harassing the real owner of the account who has no idea what they're talking about.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

Using a compromised bank account to muddy the waters is pretty common with this kind of thing. A scammer gains access to someone's account and uses it to get the payoffs for other scams. When the victims catch on they waste a lot of time harassing the real owner of the account who has no idea what they're talking about.

I was unaware of this! Thanks.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I apologise because I normally roll my eyes when people do the "but this could have happened!" because, um, this could have happened. Up to a point. I know a couple of people who were targeted and a lot of the details are similar. The dude relaying the story is still full of himself.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I don't think the scam was the stdh, I think it's the whole "i pretended to get out of my car and did a voice for a pretend teller and I'm an improv artist." What probably happened: man gets scam call, hangs up.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Actually, that's Dave Holmes. Former MTV VJ and has been involved in the comedy world a bit as well. He's part of one of my favorite episodes of Reno 911.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Actually, that's Dave Holmes. Former MTV VJ and has been involved in the comedy world a bit as well. He's part of one of my favorite episodes of Reno 911.

I mean leave your post at that, don't tell us which one.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I don't care if he's been on TV or not--people who say "I do improv :smug:" are universally awful

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

kizudarake posted:

I mean leave your post at that, don't tell us which one.

He plays the effeminate boyfriend of Lt. Dangle's ex-wife, who's played by Rachel Harris.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Depressio111117 posted:

He plays the effeminate boyfriend of Lt. Dangle's ex-wife, who's played by Rachel Harris.

Specifically the murder mystery episode.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

6 year old puppetmaster :c00lbert:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
STDH writers really seem prone to falling out of chairs/booths lately. I've never seen that happen to anyone, including people who laughed so hard they pissed themselves a little.

Just say you laughed really hard, we get it.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

So everytime now that I learn about classical conditioning in my Neuroscience classes, I have to fight to keep a straight face

Neuroscience is the study of the nervous system. :downs:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

hyperhazard posted:

...What? Conditioning has a neurological basis, where do you think the physical correlates of the behavior/learning are? It is covered in both neuro and psych courses, and there is plenty of neuroscience research on or involving classical or operant conditioning. That is not the dumb part of this story.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

S/he obviously meant Neuro-Linguistics, don't be a smartass

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I kind of want to try this. Is it terribly unethical? Does it become unethical if I don't actually work in a kindergarten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

My alma mater renamed the Psychology department to "Behavioural Neurosciences" because it sounds fancier and sciencier.

• Locked thread