Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Septimus posted:

I think I'll delete my lv.3 assassin and remake with that hair.... if I could get past the loving queue.

Meanwhile, victims of the AFK timer are piling up

Speaking of AFK timer, can I just autorun into a wall to circumvent it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

the one true goon

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

What if I'm bad at PVP? Typically I play PVE and collecting items. At least I don't have to screw around with RNG weapon upgrades.

btw: moved to smaller server for alt so queue times are approx 30min or less. I'll leave my summoner in the busier one if the other server dies after the hype is over.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Made a blade dancer for my first character. I love tiny people doing flips with swords and poo poo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What does BD have that makes them immune to all my CC? I feel like half the time I try and stun them they resist it. Is there a visual tell for it?

I like the PvP in this game, but I really wish they would let you use a standardized model or something. I have a hard time seeing the specific animations on the Pedophile race or the smaller humans if they're far away.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

fadam posted:

What does BD have that makes them immune to all my CC? I feel like half the time I try and stun them they resist it. Is there a visual tell for it?

I like the PvP in this game, but I really wish they would let you use a standardized model or something. I have a hard time seeing the specific animations on the Pedophile race or the smaller humans if they're far away.

While Blade Dancers are using their spin, they are immune to stuns, knockback, dazes, etc. They can also break snares when they spin.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I assume the spin is the swirly purple thing? I swear they've resisted me without that up, but maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks for the help!

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Level 10 is about 1-2 hours of questing I assume?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So what's a good starting spec for KFM? I just hit 20 and have built for threat generation buffs on Counter/Advancing Step, while also getting Tiger Strike so I can combo that with Hellfire Kick in a loop when I need sustained DPS, but is there anything I should beeline for immediately beyond that? Considering getting Shin Kick next to get some more options while evading but my god there's so much stuff.

E: For PvE, I should specify. Haven't touched the PvP much at all yet.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
You can completely respec at any time so you should try different stuff out and see what works best for you.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eimi posted:

For example on the Block skill that gives hp back, it says Readies Perseverance, what does that mean?

When a skill says "Readies X", it means that using that skill lets you use the second skill afterwards.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I have a quest to learn the skill 'WEAR BAMBOO GUARD UNIFORM' but it doesn't seem to give me an option to become Blackarm instead. Is this a bug?

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon status: still full.

Someone make an overflow guild on Mushin something. I'll try to make space again tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to fit everyone looking for a spot.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Clairetic posted:

I have a quest to learn the skill 'WEAR BAMBOO GUARD UNIFORM' but it doesn't seem to give me an option to become Blackarm instead. Is this a bug?

These aren't mutually exclusive like the red/blue ones are. You can put on the uniform for the quest and take it off, and then a little later you'll get the Blackram outfit and get a similar mission.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, only Red/Blue are mutually exclusive factions. Every other faction is simply a matter of finding and wearing their uniform, from drops, quests, and specific vendors.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

That explains so much.

Rokkinhobo
Nov 4, 2005

Sweet mother of adventure!

Mazed posted:

I'm super late replying to this, but: I'd be glad to. How do I do that?

edit: I found .thm files next to where it stores character thumbnails. Is that the file? If so, I uploaded it here.

Also, I made an ultra classy-looking elf dame.

Jumping in on this because I too was gonna shamelessly steal your character to use as a base. The gon standing pose with the hand on the hip makes the stomach/hip area look so weird when I try to replicate it. Anyways you want to go into your photo gallery in game which I get to by pressing esc. Then you wanna take a certain type of picture of your character, I think its called a preset portrait? After that you can find it in: C:\Users\*usename*\Pictures\BnS\CharacterCustomize.... Thanks so much!

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
this game is horrible

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Just downloaded this and got a few classes to 10 to test them out, seems pretty good so far. I'm worried about it being too focused on PvP though, as I'm more of a PvE player. Is there currently no endgame PvE content to speak of or is it just considered lacking in some way?

If the EU guild still has space, I'd appreciate an invite on Tretten.

Bonus pic of my Force Master:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's not a lot of content at the end game of PvE, but that upcoming content thing includes a fair amount more and that's in the next few months. Not a long ways off. They've said they want to get us new content as fast as they can translate/test it.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

It turns out "You cannot use the Daily Dash any more" means the exact opposite (it is what the game says when the cooldown is up on that thing)

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

tyblazitar posted:

Just downloaded this and got a few classes to 10 to test them out, seems pretty good so far. I'm worried about it being too focused on PvP though, as I'm more of a PvE player. Is there currently no endgame PvE content to speak of or is it just considered lacking in some way?

If the EU guild still has space, I'd appreciate an invite on Tretten.

Bonus pic of my Force Master:

Message Jaroslav ingame or ping me on Discord and il invite you

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Clairetic posted:

It turns out "You cannot use the Daily Dash any more" means the exact opposite (it is what the game says when the cooldown is up on that thing)

yeah i noticed that the first time i played. Definitely a strange error

also the way the pin entry thing color codes the odds/evens is really helpful once you notice it. sped up my search for numbers drastically

I changed my giant blade hands to the stone gauntlets so that it can look like I am just punching people with the sweet claws this outfit gives me instead of using giant blade hands.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 22, 2016

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
If you turn off anti aliasing in the game options, and instead use the fxaa anti aliasing in nvidia drivers, your fps will go up by many.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Bussamove posted:

So what's a good starting spec for KFM? I just hit 20 and have built for threat generation buffs on Counter/Advancing Step, while also getting Tiger Strike so I can combo that with Hellfire Kick in a loop when I need sustained DPS, but is there anything I should beeline for immediately beyond that? Considering getting Shin Kick next to get some more options while evading but my god there's so much stuff.

E: For PvE, I should specify. Haven't touched the PvP much at all yet.

For leveling/AoE, get the Tiger Strike branch, focus regen Cyclone Kick branch, 0 cooldown Meteor Strike and the first branch of Counter in no particular order except you probably want Tiger Strike first. Loop the 2 - R(lmb) animation cancel and mash your procs when they light up

The optimal single target build is focus regen branches for both Tiger Strike and lmb, 0 cooldown Cyclone Kick and threat generation on Counter. Again, 2 - R into F - R when it's up. Later you can pick up the Ankle Strike branch and do 3 - R - F when the boss is stunned.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 22, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Skwee posted:

yeah i noticed that the first time i played. Definitely a strange error

also the way the pin entry thing color codes the odds/evens is really helpful once you notice it. sped up my search for numbers drastically

I changed my giant blade hands to the stone gauntlets so that it can look like I am just punching people with the sweet claws this outfit gives me instead of using giant blade hands.

There's a stone gauntlet that lets you transmute it's appearance?

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I found a npc elin that looks like a midget instead of an 8 year old.

Following this example might work.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

randombattle posted:

There's a stone gauntlet that lets you transmute it's appearance?

Yeah they were called Stone heavy Gauntlet

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

tyblazitar posted:

There's plenty of PvE content on the way it's just going to take time for us to get it and we don't have any idea yet of what their release frequency will be like. They did tease quite a bit of stuff in that teaser vid I posted yesterday so we'll have to see if we get that all at once or spread out over a couple weeks/months.

It's not like there's nothing to do right now though, it's going to take some time and money to get your weapon and accessories upgraded anyway.

Magile
May 20, 2008

pertinent posted:

If you turn off anti aliasing in the game options, and instead use the fxaa anti aliasing in nvidia drivers, your fps will go up by many.

GeForce Experience isn't able to detect BnS for some reason. Is there a means for us technically challenged to do this? My FPS is lower than it should be and it's really pissing me off.

e: Found it. I didn't realize they put it under the 3D Settings section. Any other tweaks you'd suggest? I'm running a GTX 970 and my processor is an i7-2600K @3.40Ghz and I get maybe 35 frames in a populated city at most.

Magile fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 22, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Magile posted:

GeForce Experience isn't able to detect BnS for some reason. Is there a means for us technically challenged to do this? My FPS is lower than it should be and it's really pissing me off.

e: Found it. I didn't realize they put it under the 3D Settings section. Any other tweaks you'd suggest? I'm running a GTX 970 and my processor is an i7-2600K @3.40Ghz and I get maybe 35 frames in a populated city at most.

The game runs kinda poorly even on hardware that's way overkill, we should be getting a patch that optimizes the game a bit at some point. You can try real fullscreen with alt enter while in a loading screen (the game tends to freeze when alt tabbing in this mode) and see if it helps or disable/reduce some graphics settings with shadows, bloom and DoF usually having the most impact.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Having lots of players on screen hits the game really hard, like as long as Im in a lightly populated szone im getting over a hundred fps. Run into a zone packed with people and I get hit with a pretty big stutter even with gsync.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
So what is the most common class do people reckon? I'm thinking about rolling a BD but also have some complex where I can't play the most picked class

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I dont have the image in front of me, but on Mushin BM, FM, and Sin were the most popular.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Tiger Millionaire posted:

So what is the most common class do people reckon? I'm thinking about rolling a BD but also have some complex where I can't play the most picked class

I haven't seen updated data but the profiles scrapes earlier had blade master being most popular with force master being least.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Anarkii posted:

I haven't seen updated data but the profiles scrapes earlier had blade master being most popular with force master being least.

incorrect, mushin scrapes showed BM and FM in the lead with Deso being least played

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

afaik I know, BM, KFM, Sin are the most complex and involve numurous combo approaches

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
If you have a complex where you don't want to be the most played class, without fail you will notice every other member of your special snowflake class while out in the world.

Just play what you like.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Is summoner's right click ability bugged? Is it not supposed to be instant cast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Why do I not have a report option?

• Locked thread