Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I was gonna make fun of Amy Lawrence secretly believing Arsenal still had a chance in their CL group, and how notedly uninsightful pundit Thierry Henry is going to be the new manager after Wenger goes, but then Arsenal beat Bayern 2-0 sooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i like amy lawrence and think she should be on more often, and jacob steinberg should be on never

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ronniegardocki posted:

jacob steinberg should be on never

some of the other dudes are really bad at parroting cliches too.

On FW I like Honigstein, Cox, Horncastle, and maybe AuClair when he makes it on. Macintosh seems fun to hang out with but I'm not sure he has much insight.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Barney Ronay is easily the worst person to happen to journalism

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ninpo posted:

Barney Ronay is easily the worst person to happen to journalism

are you including sid lowe as a journalist, ronay is overwritten wacky simile nonsense but at least he explains what happened/what he's talking about

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are you including sid lowe as a journalist, ronay is overwritten wacky simile nonsense but at least he explains what happened/what he's talking about

Sid Lowe is a la liga fanfic author.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Ninpo posted:

Sid Lowe is a la liga fanfic author.

I just think there's a very real sense around the club that some one is going to choke him to death.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He wrote a brilliant book though (and a million horrid guardian article intros).

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

ronniegardocki posted:

i like amy lawrence and think she should be on more often, and jacob steinberg should be on never

whilst steinberg is bad, he's a 100 million times better than he used to be

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I think Sid and especially Barney are pretty self-aware, I prefer them to journos who take football so loving seriously

Also does anyone else think Jimbo's losing it (in a good way)? He's throwing in more weird references and non sequiturs than ever

Monday Bandele fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 21, 2015

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Jimbo has a film review channel on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/jimbovision

The reviews are absolutely full of choice puns.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Lukey Moore is nostradamus.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Moorestradamus! :eng101:

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Anyone know who the yacht owner mentioned on this week's football ramble was? My money's on Delia.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pat Mustard posted:

Anyone know who the yacht owner mentioned on this week's football ramble was? My money's on Delia.

I'm sure the source in question described them as an 'elderly man'. Has to be an elderly man who owns a 'mega yacht' and is prominent enough for a football fan to think of showing the source a picture of him.

I reckon it's either Gold or Sullivan.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Does Mike Ashley own a yacht I wonder?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Did they say it was a British owner? If so it would have to be Sullivan or Gold, who else is recognisable? If not, I can buy John Henry having some hosed up fetish.

Edit: one of them mole people glazers

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 21, 2016

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
Its Roman Abramovich

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Is it just me or is Producer Ben gradually undertaking a mission to take over Football Weekly?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Having him do the advert spots makes people pay attention as he sounds like none of the other contributors.

That and he goes to see interesting games

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hoops posted:

If not, I can buy John Henry having some hosed up fetish.

Having bought Liverpool it's likely he is into pain and self psychological torture.

The potential list is huge though even in championship and lower leagues....I do like the Gold/Sullivan suggestion though

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

julian assflange posted:

Having bought Liverpool it's likely he is into pain and self psychological torture.

The potential list is huge though even in championship and lower leagues....I do like the Gold/Sullivan suggestion though

The guy recognised the name pretty quickly, which definitely limits the number of teams it could be because I doubt the chairman of Exeter or Yeovil could be picked out of a lineup by anyone.

So it's Prem + various Italian clubs + some championship clubs I guess?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think it was a club in England

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
John Henry definitely has a gigantic yacht, I've seen it in Boston Harbor.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Maybe they'll spill it or at least hint at it at the upcoming Ramble live shows.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sure they will, if they want to get sued to oblivion

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

John Henry definitely has a gigantic yacht, I've seen it in Boston Harbor.

how did it smell

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Jeff Goldblum.

A-List.

y/n?

imo Pete and Jim are right. Luke and Marcus are letting their love of Jurassic Park cloud their judgement.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lot 49 posted:

Jeff Goldblum.

A-List.

y/n?

imo Pete and Jim are right. Luke and Marcus are letting their love of Jurassic Park cloud their judgement.

Big Jeff Goldblum fan here but there's no way he's A-List

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
No chance. He's a great actor but definitely not A-list.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
B and a half

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Just stumbled upon AC Jimbo's film reviews. Brutal n great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pXSo1b2ZfA

Give the man a network.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah jimbo vision has shown that he has eerily similar taste to me

Woof

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Goldblum is definitely a-list! dude is a household name!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
A plus.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It was hilarious listening to Football Weekly attempt to talk about ticket prices. They seemed genuinely baffled at the idea that tickets could be more expensive, quoted Karl Marx on why prices shouldn't be raised and then suggested a catchphrase-based ticket pricing policy("twenty's plenty"). Way to live up to the stereotype.

:laugh:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The last FW was really bad, possibly one of the worst I've heard yet. For a while they've all seemed about 10 minutes too long, as well. Jimbovision is amazing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I think it works better when it's Jimbo and Barry with two more serious people, as I find when it's three super-serious people with Jimbo it gets very dry very quickly. I like Ian Mackintosh's enthusiasm for everything, but he's just not that funny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
With Barry back FW had more pep this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jimbovision owns a lot