Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is the Ur Dragon supposed to gently caress off after like 20 seconds of fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Weird, I bought a scroll to change mine and my pawns appearance and after the transaction... Nothing. Not in my inventory. Not in storage. Nothing. Maaaan. That was 5k crystals.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

That was step one. Step two is to go back to the title screen, go to the main menu and make use of your metamorphosis.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Captain Novolin posted:

Every boss with less than two health bars just melts instantly, it's super silly.

Not if it's a goddam lich floating 20 feet above a swamp and your only source of ranged damage is a low leveled friends pawn you were taking on a tour.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is the Ur Dragon supposed to gently caress off after like 20 seconds of fighting?

Did you save right before he showed up or not immediately engage him? The latter he will reliably just gently caress off, if you saved there's a weird issue (feature?) in Dark Arisen where the various dragon enemies can just gently caress off because gently caress you.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Favorite BBI moment so far: one of those super ogres spawned in on that bridge full of zombos after the first boss and jumped clear off the ledge before my pawns could even finish warning me about him. Ledges are my favorite thing about this game.

Also, pal around with my pawn. She is a muscle wizard that likes to pick up rocks.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Control Volume posted:

Lmao I did the second salvation quest and the boss man at the end was dead before I even figured out what was going on, it was nothing but insane magic particle effects and then suddenly victory.

Is that the one where he falls off a cliff and drops his ring? I killed him in two Comet Shots to the face and he had to finish talking at zero HP before the death would trigger. Villains just have to finish their monologuing. :jerkbag:

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone know if you can still break Nameless Terror by interrupting the last guys monologueing?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

In an effort to train my sorcerer pawn better, I switched over to sorcerer... and picked up 2 skill rings that improve both bolide and gicel.

I find that there are very little things in life that cannot be solved by double meteor showers or twin ice spikes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If anyone wants to hire a mid-60s tiny pawn named Wicked Carl, go ahead and add me (and add me to the Steam group I guess)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/maximumpenetration/

Also, kind of a weird question, but is there a general level range where Hard Mode won't completely kick your rear end and feel more like starting a Normal Mode run at level 1?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

superstepa posted:

Is the modding process documented in any way? I want to replace all the battle music with the MGR:Revengeance soundtrack

Nevermind, the music tracks are just ogg files. Now I need to find all the battle tracks

Pro tip, thanks.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Anyone have a good idea for a pair of nuke wizards?

I plan to restart and exploit fully utilize Healing Springs and stop worrying about health bars :getin:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
I think I might have found a way to unintentionally break the game progression:

I was doing the mission of throwing that family out of their house for the rich guy. I had to chase down the boy and grab him, but it didn't work so one of my pawns said I had to "treat him like a criminal" or something, like I had to beat on that thief in the fishing village before. So I did, he stops, but then some guards promptly show up and says "Take your punishment" or something, and tossed me into jail.

Now, I had picked up a skeleton key before, from the city walls, I believe to the right and not to the left out of the gate when going to the pawn guild.

Still in jail, the guard asks me if I want to pay to get out, I say no. He goes down the hall. I press on my cell door and it uses the skeleton key. I check my surroundings and there are no other ways out, I even open another door with some other skeleton key I have (might have combined stuff to get it?).

I then kill the guard who just stands there while I'm out of my cell, and then I have no means of getting out.

I check my inventory again and see that I have some Ferry stones. I used one of those to teleport my rear end outside again. I believe I would have had to start over if I didn't have that?

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 22, 2016

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Downs Duck posted:

I think I might have found a way to unintentionally break the game progression:

I was doing the mission of throwing that family out of their house for the rich guy. I had to chase down the boy and grab him, but it didn't work so one of my pawns said I had to "treat him like a criminal" or something, like I had to beat on that thief in the fishing village before. So I did, he stops, but then some guards promptly show up and says "Take your punishment" or something, and tossed me into jail.

Now, I had picked up a skeleton key before, from the city walls, I believe to the right and not to the left out of the gate when going to the pawn guild.

Still in jail, the guard asks me if I want to pay to get out, I say no. He goes down the hall. I press on my cell door and it uses the skeleton key. I check my surroundings and there are no other ways out, I even open another door with some other skeleton key I have (might have combined stuff to get it?).

I then kill the guard who just stands there while I'm out of my cell, and then I have no means of getting out.

I check my inventory again and see that I have some Ferry stones. I used one of those to teleport my rear end outside again. I believe I would have had to start over if I didn't have that?

I'm not 100% sure if it's accessible before you get access to the dungeon normally, but there should be a chest with a skeleton key in it that you can use to get into the cell with a path to the city. At the very least you can combine a shackle (which is on the floor of your cell) with something to make one.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I got thrown in jail for that mission too, but it was for throwing that shithead kid off the side of the canal.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Captain Novolin posted:

I'm not 100% sure if it's accessible before you get access to the dungeon normally, but there should be a chest with a skeleton key in it that you can use to get into the cell with a path to the city. At the very least you can combine a shackle (which is on the floor of your cell) with something to make one.

I saw another cell on the minimap having a corridor on/at its wall after running around for a bit, but then I had already used the skeleton key on one of the wrong doors.

Shoehead posted:

I got thrown in jail for that mission too, but it was for throwing that shithead kid off the side of the canal.

I tried grabbing him lots of times but like the thief before, I had to slash him with my sword to make him stop. And as I slashed him the guards showed up immediately.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Saxophone posted:

Weird, I bought a scroll to change mine and my pawns appearance and after the transaction... Nothing. Not in my inventory. Not in storage. Nothing. Maaaan. That was 5k crystals.

It's in the main menu.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Whatever goon Rynne belongs to, your pawn is a Dragon's Maw spamming beast that I'm sad to have finally outleveled. She even killed me once when a dragon mind controlled her.

Downs Duck posted:

I tried grabbing him lots of times but like the thief before, I had to slash him with my sword to make him stop. And as I slashed him the guards showed up immediately.

I always just sprint into him which makes him stagger for a couple seconds, and grab while he's stumbling.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Downs Duck posted:

I saw another cell on the minimap having a corridor on/at its wall after running around for a bit, but then I had already used the skeleton key on one of the wrong doors.

At least one of those cells also has a skeleton key when you break an urn in it.

Anyway, I had started NG+ earlier and then decided that I wanted the post-game DP grinding spot back so I basically sped run through the game to get to post-game again.

Except one of the last few people I had spoken to that wasn't from a story quest was Simone (for the golden idol). Most awkward beloved ever... :rip:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Thanks for people who used pawn. It helped me get the last RC I needed to wrap up Rowsdower.

I am now 110% done with Dragon's Dogma. Rowsdower is now decked out in Hellfire set (with Blasphemer's Cloak for color difference, and Dragonwing Circlet so the face can be seen), all gold dragonforged.

Time to finally move onto something else...until the itch returns.

It's over!

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 22, 2016

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kiggles posted:

Sorcerer? Give her Miasma. That's about it.
High Lassitude, or :frogout:
Lassitude inflicts the Torpor status effect and unlike most other status effects, everything is vulnerable to it including boss-type enemies like Drakes. A Sorcerer that knows how to Torpor enemies is a very valuable asset.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I put voidspell, miasma and torpor as main on my sorc and the 3 nukes as secondaries, is that a good pawn to rent out?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Downs Duck posted:

You're doing it wrong; you are absolutely not supposed to attack him for the quest.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I put voidspell, miasma and torpor as main on my sorc and the 3 nukes as secondaries, is that a good pawn to rent out?
The utility spells sound fine, but if I were you I would pick only one nuke spell (Maelstrom/Bolide/Seism) and then have a faster casting AoE like Fulmination (great in BBI) and finally Comestion for its high knockdwon and fast casting speed.
Also make sure your Sorcerer has Utilitarian as a primary or secondary inclination for synch-casting with other Sorcerers and higher debuff/Voidspell priority.
I seem to recall my PS3-era Sorcerer being very effective with this (though I switched out Miasma for a weapon enchant).

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any tips on making a good strider/ranger pawn?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i had no idea that torpor affects everything. i'm putting it on my sorceror pawn for sure

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Morbidmind posted:

Does anyone know if you can still break Nameless Terror by interrupting the last guys monologueing?

It was kinda weird for me, in that I managed to spawn the enemies out of order, but I killed the last guy while he was talking and got the quest complete thing.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Just so you know, MK owns.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I'm probably massively overlevelled (in the last stretch of the mq) because everything dies before I can put down a Ruinous Sigil plus even 1 Great Cannon :v:

Save things like drakes but they're asses and like flying away once I have a cannon/sigil set up

e: until I get to the tainted mountain, in which case things are stunning me and dragging me all over before I can get my cannons down :gonk:

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So, I tried this Blacksomething dungeon, with my 7 years old cousin watching me play. And I got maybe too deep, without gems to jump back to the entrance door. Higher level monster where teleporting on my face. My pawm wizard was dyiing all the time, getting oneshoted, I tried to escape of the fights, but my companions where dyiing. ... It was very fun.

This is a cool game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there anything more after Daimon v2.0? Excluding the Ur-Dragon. If not, I'm not really seeing any reason to level all the way to 200 other than for the achievement.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

The difficulty of monsters on Bitterblack is all over the place. I did however find a longbow that was the same bow from Grigori but better in every way and an elite lantern which apparently is rare for most people? I dunno.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Vargs posted:

Whatever goon Rynne belongs to, your pawn is a Dragon's Maw spamming beast that I'm sad to have finally outleveled. She even killed me once when a dragon mind controlled her.

I always just sprint into him which makes him stagger for a couple seconds, and grab while he's stumbling.

Good tip, thank you.

Clocks posted:

At least one of those cells also has a skeleton key when you break an urn in it.

Anyway, I had started NG+ earlier and then decided that I wanted the post-game DP grinding spot back so I basically sped run through the game to get to post-game again.

Except one of the last few people I had spoken to that wasn't from a story quest was Simone (for the golden idol). Most awkward beloved ever... :rip:

Yeah, that's probably where I got the second one, still managed to not open the right door though, silly player I am.

Magus42 posted:

You're doing it wrong; you are absolutely not supposed to attack him for the quest.

Agreed, I'm sure I hosed up, I just got confused when one of my pawns started commenting on it, although I can't remember exactly what they said.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Started playing, went Strider because if I can play Legolas in one of these games I fuckin' will, built myself the swollest Frisk pawn I could manage for tanking and cargo carrying. Love how often I get to free-stab goblins because she'll just wrestle them into submission. Just got Full Bend, punked a badly-positioned high-level bandit archer off a cliff.

Haven't felt quite this active and fast in a video game in a long time.

Game is good. Game is a very good game.

Please add me to the group so I can see your folks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Somfin/

Somfin fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 22, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The mystic knight move where you jump and do a stinger seems...bad? Like what is the purpose of it?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm having a hard time getting my teeth into this game. Traveling around takes forever, and combat is arduous because all the encounters are like 30 tough-rear end bandits or saurians, so the fights go on for ages. Not to mention my pawns can't fight worth a drat so I constantly need to do all the work singlehandedly and help them up every 5 seconds. I am mashing "COME" as hard as I can, please stop running at the chimera we have no chance of even scratching. I just want to go back to town :(

The combat is also not really doing a whole lot for me. I can use the basic lovely sword swings, or the ridiculously overpowered dash-stab move that does 3x the damage, can be used like 6 times in a row before running out of stamina, and stunlocks enemies. All the fights so far have devolved into me spamming the dash while my pawns fall over constantly. At least I have some eminently useful information about a certain type of canid's weaknesses and hunting techniques.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 22, 2016

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Its funny how you get attached to other people's pawns. I had goon pawns Shaggy and Aricka (sorry I didn't give you a gift - I buttoned past it and couldn't go back :ohdear:) yesterday/today and kept them on even when I gained about ten levels on them.

When picking pawns out, somewhere between their inclinations, and copying the habits of their owner, it really does feel like you're looking for the right personality/behaviour to suit your playstyle/team.

I'd had a string of pubbie striders/rangers, and they'd all been really frustrating. Then I picked up Shaggy and he balanced daggers and bow like I did when I was a ranger. Dumping ten fold flurries into the big meanies, and saving daggers for tight spaces and weak enemies - as it should be.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I was stabbing my way through Bitterblack and just finished off Gazer, I'm wondering if (at level 51) I should keep plunging down or just go stab the Dragon already. I'm running a Magic Knight who spent a significant amount of time in Fighter (About 13-14 levels while I max Ranked it) and Sorcerer.

Right now my build is.

Sword Skills
Stone Forest
Great Cannon
Ruinous Sigil

Shield Skills
Holy Glare (Still building up Discipline for Furor)
Blessed Trance
Abyssal Anguish

I wonder if there are any skills I'm overlooking

Also my Augments

Vigilance (Extend the Limits of your health, whatever that means)
Vehemence (More Strength)
Sinew (More Carry Capacity)
Prescience (Easier Perfect Block, would be good if I ever remembered to Block in time)
Adamance (Halves Stamina Consumed when blocking attacks, See Prescience)
Retribution (Revive Pawns with boosted Attack and Magic)

I have a feeling that's less than optimal. But I'm not really sure what to go for.

Also is it worth the extra weight of carrying weapons other than my Dragonforged Almace?

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 22, 2016

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Onmi posted:

Also my Augments

Vigilance (Extend the Limits of your health, whatever that means)
Vehemence (More Strength)
Sinew (More Carry Capacity)
Prescience (Easier Perfect Block, would be good if I ever remembered to Block in time)
Adamance (Halves Stamina Consumed when blocking attacks, See Prescience)
Retribution (Revive Pawns with boosted Attack and Magic)

I have a feeling that's less than optimal. But I'm not really sure what to go for.

I might be wrong in saying this, but Mystic Knight probably has more variety in the ways it can be played except maybe Magick Archer, so the augments to take will depend fairly heavily on the particular play style you employ, but the main one I'd go for is Articulacy from lvl. 9 Sorcerer. Perpetuation from lvl. 7 Mage is pretty good for keeping weapon buffs active, and I've seen lots of people recommend Gravitas from Sorcerer but there's also people saying it's more suited to Mages/Sorcerer that MK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Praseodymi posted:

I might be wrong in saying this, but Mystic Knight probably has more variety in the ways it can be played except maybe Magick Archer, so the augments to take will depend fairly heavily on the particular play style you employ, but the main one I'd go for is Articulacy from lvl. 9 Sorcerer. Perpetuation from lvl. 7 Mage is pretty good for keeping weapon buffs active, and I've seen lots of people recommend Gravitas from Sorcerer but there's also people saying it's more suited to Mages/Sorcerer that MK.

Well as of the Gazer my current fighting style is "Summon Grand Cannon, Laugh as you constantly blast the foe in the face with heat-seeking elemental balls." Or in the Gazer itselfs case "Climb on, stab in eye endlessly, heal up when status'd"

I don't see the Dragon changing this if the Drake's I've been running against are any example.