Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Pastry of the Year posted:

fuckin' a

help

help

?????

help

Tasha was just live tweeting doobie arranging wings on the platter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Pastry of the Year posted:

god bless all the hilarious goons that stepped up to leave hilarious comments on the closing post

:jerkbag:

is that psyopmonkey

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

ThePutty posted:

is that psyopmonkey

pretty sure

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ThePutty posted:

is that psyopmonkey

that would explain why its not funny at all

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

anyone else suspect its a big plot to go dark on the internet and get bad froggers to stop loving with him and just continue business as normal? It's not like anyone would ever go there physically to check
I would except the guys actively egged us on multiple times between Doob threads because he got bored, they craved the attention. Also there was a good two or three month gap between this thread and the one before and nobody hosed with him then as far as I could tell. He had a totally uneventful Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas.

The "bad excuse so he could stop flipping burgers" theory makes more sense, but since he's also closing the garage to work on his truck which we know he adores that doesn't really fly either.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oh dog i accidentally defended psyopmonkey

i'll just kill myself now

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
If you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says
"15 MILES to the
og
hous"
Dog Shack, yeah, yeah
I'm headin' down the Alabama highway
Lookin' for hot snacks
Headed for the hot snacks
I got me a jaw, it's as big as a whale
And we're headin' on down to the Dog Shack
I got me some wings, it weighs about 20
So hurry up and bring your kickstarter money

The dog shack is a little odd place where
We can starve together
Dog Shack, baby (a-dog shack, baby)
Dog Shack, baby, dog shack
Rape Shack, baby, rape shack
Dog Shack, baby, dog shack (dogs, baby, ask for it)
Dog Shack, baby, dog shack (dogs, baby, ask for it)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

lol i totally get it. im not doing it though. i got too much going for me.

that fucker would probably shoot me.

im going to the gym after work. plus i think something like this would trigger me. i can't do it. i KNOW there are more goons near him than just me.

you need someone...brave...

jesus christ you are going into a hot dog shack not fuckin nam

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

Smash it Smash hit posted:

when doobie's in the trees...he gets stronger...

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

I'm in a world of poo poo, yes, but I am alive, and I am not afraid.

*Music starts up* I see a hot dog and I want those cheap hot snaaaacks.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

netally posted:

I'm in a world of poo poo, yes, but I am alive, and I am not afraid.

*Music starts up* I see a hot dog and I want those cheap hot snaaaacks.

*coke IN THE BOTTLE lands in the fox hole* oh my..........................................................

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

when doobie's in the trees...he gets stronger...

Dutch: He came to get the fries. He's piling us high one at a time.

Billy: Like a doobie.

Dutch: [looks up in awareness] He's using the trees.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

The "bad excuse so he could stop flipping burgers" theory makes more sense, but since he's also closing the garage to work on his truck which we know he adores that doesn't really fly either.

I personally think business has been bad and he's closing up shop because he's run out of money/funding, and he's using the funeral home excuse as a way to save face. At least two restaurants in my area have 'temporarily' closed down for 'water main issues', only to never reopen again. The fact he's shutting down the automotive shop and locals have no idea what funeral home he's talking about seem to support this.

Notice that in his farewell post he states 'no guys business has been booming don't think that's the problem'. Sure doobs, sure.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
All in all I still consider doobie to be one of the if not the best things we have ever done. poo poo, the doobie saga is funnier than zybourne

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

All in all I still consider doobie to be one of the if not the best things we have ever done. poo poo, the doobie saga is funnier than zybourne

Imagine five hot dogs on the edge of a cliff.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Imagine five hot dogs on the edge of a cliff.

Doobie doesn't do combos.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Call me the doob
I keep cookin' all the dogs
well now they call me the doob
I keep cookin' all the dogs
I ain't got me no vent hood
I don't carry me no checks

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I look forward to a hot dog shack in the next fallout

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chill la Chill posted:

I look forward to a hot dog shack in the next fallout

The grocery store down the road from the hot dog shack with a solitary corpse in the bombed out freezer aisle with a 40 pound sack of wings on it

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Yeah it's definitely up there. Who knows if this is even really the end, ol doob always surprises.

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

The grocery store down the road from the hot dog shack with a solitary corpse in the bombed out freezer aisle with a 40 pound sack of wings on it

DLC potential

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The sign will be hanging by a single chain: Oobie Og Hous with the edges burned off

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
'I thought I told those froggers before, those froggers don't gently caress with me'

Wayne Claude Doobie Robinson Esquire

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

Chill la Chill posted:

The sign will be hanging by a single chain: Oobie Og Hous with the edges burned off

look at my works, yall. and despair.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
This ain't for those bad frogs
Online mocking my hot dogs

This ain't for those black girls
Those hacker girls
Straight sabotaging

French fries
Piled high
Living it up in west 'bama

My bunker's gone
I was doing it wrong
Getting bulldozed because I'm so lovely

I'm too hot (hot dog)
I got new rims and tires man
I'm too hot (hot dog)
Make the Doobie want to retire man
I'm too hot (hot dog)
Got a vent hood for the inspector man
I'm too hot (hot dog)
And I'm bad with that money.

God bles

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

bradzilla posted:

oh dog i accidentally defended psyopmonkey

i'll just kill myself now

Don't worry, Psyop will probably do that for you.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
In that milk and bread photo Doobie definitely has more of a meth face going on. Do you think substance abuse played a part in the downfall of the doghaus?

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

Last Buffalo posted:

In that milk and bread photo Doobie definitely has more of a meth face going on. Do you think substance abuse played a part in the downfall of the doghaus?

i think the lead in the water supply did it...

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

facebook jihad posted:

I personally think business has been bad and he's closing up shop because he's run out of money/funding, and he's using the funeral home excuse as a way to save face. At least two restaurants in my area have 'temporarily' closed down for 'water main issues', only to never reopen again. The fact he's shutting down the automotive shop and locals have no idea what funeral home he's talking about seem to support this.

Notice that in his farewell post he states 'no guys business has been booming don't think that's the problem'. Sure doobs, sure.

It's obviously this. He didn't have much money to begin with, spent the money that he did have foolishly, and almost certainly didn't generate enough revenue to cover expenses let alone turn a profit. All the references to how "business is booming" just confirm it

It's impressive how long he lasted, really....but even the Doobster has bills to pay

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

look at my works, yall. and despair.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

i think the lead in the water supply did it...

Does Doobie Automotive have vents in it? Maybe he's been running trucks in an enclosed area.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I can't imagine the payments on a $60k mortgage would be much more than he was paying in rent already...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Bill Barber posted:

I can't imagine the payments on a $60k mortgage would be much more than he was paying in rent already...

honestly it'd probably be cheaper if he worked it out right

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You are assuming he could get a loan, though

He said it himself - his credit plum give out

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You are assuming he could get a loan, though

He said it himself - his credit plum give out
Yeah I didn't really think of this from the dirt poor guy from the south angle.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
in the south if you throw like 2k cash down on the table and ask for a loan mortgage you will get that thing, i know a ton of people who own their own house with mediocre credit at best from just throwing down a few grand

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
Also, he's not going to be able to make any payments because the hotdog bunker probably doesn't make money.

Doobie better hope he still has an in with the local truckers, and can get back up on a rig, or maybe he can score a gig melting the cheese at Jack's.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

in the south if you throw like 2k cash down on the table and ask for a loan mortgage you will get that thing, i know a ton of people who own their own house with mediocre credit at best from just throwing down a few grand

I'd guess that if he can manage to get someone to buy the remnants of the shack he's got exactly $500 total to throw onto the table and that's probably going to have to be stretched for food until he lands a gig at the subway across the street

probably somehow managed to still owe money for that truck and those rims, too

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

The Horror. The Horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'd guess that if he can manage to get someone to buy the remnants of the shack he's got exactly $500 total to throw onto the table and that's probably going to have to be stretched for food until he lands a gig at the subway across the street

probably somehow managed to still owe money for that truck and those rims, too

I am just stating this to clarify how much of a failure doobie is. And if the "business was booming!" was true, if he brought any sort of proof of that it would really help the loan situation. in an economically poo poo hole like reform any sort of decent looking bet for a bank loan is going to be seriously looked at.

tl;dr lol doobie

• Locked thread