Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Someone tell Sam Smith, Daft Punk, Robin Thicke, Eminem and Justin Bieber that their BET Award nominations/wins don't count I guess.

Ed Sheeran won an award for Most Important Act in Black & Urban Music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

"I will not listen to any news source that doesn't constantly and unrelentingly insult the party that I don't like."

I'm a pretty hardcore liberal, but I'm not gonna cover my ears every time people start talking about political strategies for the right, especially because she's talking about a fairly liberal public access station. Also lol at "white liberal complacency" she's white

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

White liberal complacency in a definite problem though. There's a definite tendency for hand wringing over problems without committing to any solutions.

Also being white doesn't mean you can't get mad at white people for being awful. Calling out white people for being awful also doesn't mean you hate all white people.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

il_cornuto posted:

White liberal complacency in a definite problem though. There's a definite tendency for hand wringing over problems without committing to any solutions.

Also being white doesn't mean you can't get mad at white people for being awful. Calling out white people for being awful also doesn't mean you hate all white people.

Fair enough, but she certainly fits that bill of white liberal complacency, so I found it hypocritical. I should also mention that even though she has pale white skin and her hair is completely straight, she's a small fraction black, so she thinks that she has to deal with the same problems that people of color have to, which is really more the thing that pissed me off.

Some more context would have been helpful, apologies.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

trapped mouse posted:

Fair enough, but she certainly fits that bill of white liberal complacency, so I found it hypocritical. I should also mention that even though she has pale white skin and her hair is completely straight, she's a small fraction black, so she thinks that she has to deal with the same problems that people of color have to, which is really more the thing that pissed me off.

Some more context would have been helpful, apologies.

Even better is that the rant is posted on Facebook, the ultimate in useless hand-wringing over issues.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

subpar anachronism posted:

if only the person that posted this had taken a cue from their own image, and not posted it. as much stupid poo poo as people do on facebook, the people on facebook complaining about the other people on facebook are a much louder and larger percentage, at least on my feed.

I was sick of this meme after two posts. Everyone is posting some stupid version of this.

The most annoying is the one about not posting about how it's snowing because your friends have windows. It hasn't snowed in two weeks. Do they not see the irony in complain-posting about snow when it hasn't snowed?

I'm just waiting for a racist one to show up. I did see a post this morning about how refugees are pussies compared to white people because when the Europeans came to North America, they didn't ask for special handouts or anything. Guess they forgot the white people simply invaded and flat out murdered everyone who was already here and stole their lands. Oh well!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Picnic Princess posted:

I did see a post this morning about how refugees are pussies compared to white people because when the Europeans came to North America, they didn't ask for special handouts or anything.

Want to know what I’m thankful for? The redpill that I accidentally swallowed a few months ago on my my 22nd birthday. I’m still choking on that loving thing, but I know that it is good for me even though I’ve gauged multiple times while forcing it down.

This red pill has not only opened my eyes to how awful women are, it has caused me to question other things as well. Like why I spent time with my family multiple times a year. I don’t like my siblings. I don’t like their partners, and I only vaguely like my mother. She birthed me, but drat she is manipulative. The only reason why I go to these events is because I feel obligated. On the inside I’d rather not go, 100%. No question about it. gently caress Birthdays, gently caress X-mas, an gently caress Thanksgiving.

I’m considering calling my mother and telling her that I’m not going to Thanksgiving because I don’t want to. The people there suck. They are unsupportive, jealous, and passive aggressive. Why purposefully expose myself to that nonsense? My lingering bluepill mentality has thought of multiple excuses to tell her. I could say that I can’t get off work, or that I’m sick. Lying or going anyway are both poor options. If I tell the truth, it will hurt her, and possibly my relatives, but I don’t care anymore. I’d rather die as a truth teller than to live as a coward.

I’m been radically changing every day since my perspective has shifted. I believe that I’m a pushover that is morphing into a man who only does things that he wants to do.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

trapped mouse posted:

"I will not listen to any news source that doesn't constantly and unrelentingly insult the party that I don't like."

I'm a pretty hardcore liberal, but I'm not gonna cover my ears every time people start talking about political strategies for the right, especially because she's talking about a fairly liberal public access station. Also lol at "white liberal complacency" she's white

Doesn't seem like a bad post to me at all, other than the last two sentences (which are obvious posturing). In the supposed interest of fairness (but actually in the interest of maintaining good relationships with powerful organisations and individuals) various media organisations give an audience and implied credibility to views that they should be, at the very least, questioning if not outright challenging.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Picnic Princess posted:

I was sick of this meme after two posts. Everyone is posting some stupid version of this.

It's killing me. I blocked the main page where the guy makes a million of them, but there's so many copies and 'parodies' that my feed is still full of them.

It's not even new, I don't know why it's suddenly taken hold of the entire world but I wish it would stop. My feed is usually fairly poo poo free.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

subpar anachronism posted:

as much stupid poo poo as people do on facebook, the people on facebook complaining about the other people on facebook are a much louder and larger percentage, at least on my feed.

i have one friend who responds to every major news story by posting "the only thing worse than ________ is people complaining about _________", which i can't help but think of as the South Park paradox

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

The most annoying is the one about not posting about how it's snowing because your friends have windows. It hasn't snowed in two weeks. Do they not see the irony in complain-posting about snow when it hasn't snowed?

Pretty sure no matter where you live if snow is a legitimate possibility it will be complained about regularly regardless of if it has actually snowed lately or not. Like i'm in wisconsin and despite the relative lack of snow this season there are complaints about it everywhere

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

china bot posted:

i have one friend who responds to every major news story by posting "the only thing worse than ________ is people complaining about _________", which i can't help but think of as the South Park paradox

Oh god I see this all the time, an old coworker of mine always comes crawling out the woodwork when people are concerned about something to remind them how dumb they are for having opinions and how much he totally doesn't care.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Oh god I see this all the time, an old coworker of mine always comes crawling out the woodwork when people are concerned about something to remind them how dumb they are for having opinions and how much he totally doesn't care.

Is there a term for this? Because I see this all the time on my feed too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Finisher1 posted:

"posting"

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Finisher1 posted:

GBS

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
idiot fucknut

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

I see words but I have no idea what they're trying to convey. :psyduck:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Finisher1 posted:

Contrarianism?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the idiots that wrecked thsi guys life over nothing fit pretty well http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/19/a-life-ruined-by-feminists-and-the-state-only-the-internet-can-save-gregory-alan-elliott/

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm notseeing what the issue is.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butt Detective posted:

I see words but I have no idea what they're trying to convey. :psyduck:

"I'm dumb and crazy"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

nah

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha a breitbart article written by Milo loving Yiannopoulos. A trustworthy fella.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Milo is probably one of the biggest idiots on social media next to Crowder

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Despite all the references for everything else, the actual incident has not one link.

If it were anyone but Yiannopoulos I'd be generous but it's him so I'm not.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

this greg guys twitter is just bunch of MRA windbag bullshit, I'm glad his life was apparently ruined

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Girls in an Arizona school, how quaint.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FlyinPingu posted:

this greg guys twitter is just bunch of MRA windbag bullshit, I'm glad his life was apparently ruined

Did you even like follow what this was, this psycho broad was like testifying about how he was "harassing" her because she read his posts and that it was his responsibility to not post things that she doesnt like in case she sees them lmao

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:chanpop:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Scathach posted:

Girls in an Arizona school, how quaint.

Ahwatukee no less. A fairly small and affluent (ie primarily white) part of Phoenix Metro. :v:

The rest of us poor filthy plebs live on the other side of that hill. With the colored folk. Edit: Actually, the running local joke is just to call Ahwatukee "all white tukee".

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Jan 23, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ahwatukee no less. A fairly small and affluent (ie primarily white) part of Phoenix Metro. :v:

The rest of us poor filthy plebs live on the other side of that hill. With the colored folk.

Agrestic, home of The friend of the family Girls

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nooner posted:

Did you even like follow what this was, this psycho broad was like testifying about how he was "harassing" her because she read his posts and that it was his responsibility to not post things that she doesnt like in case she sees them lmao

She's right tho

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

[quote="Maker Of Shoes" post="455310169
Edit: Actually, the running local joke is just to call Ahwatukee "all white tukee".
[/quote]

Nice casual racism

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Nooner actually cares about that issue fellas

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

kill all mras

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think Nooner actually cares about that issue fellas

:ssh: I am incredibly concerned with twitter and Canadian law!! lol

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

FlyinPingu posted:

kill all mras

Eh, that'll just fill hell with sexists, and they've got enough demographic problems as it is.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Tinder's probably cheating. No, I did not swipe right.

Eien Ni Hen
Jul 23, 2013
I usually just lurk in this thread, but today something popped up on my FB feed that I felt I had to share.

Crappy grammar aside, this message says exactly what you think it does. The guy's two teenage daughters were murdered, and he's calling out the murderer's dad on Facebook. Specifically, he's asking if the dad (or his gun???) feel ashamed. I cannot see this ending well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

china bot posted:

Tell him the only thing worse than complaining about __________ is his posts about it.