Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is summoner's right click ability bugged? Is it not supposed to be instant cast?

It is instant cast, but you cannot be moving while casting it (unless you upgrade into it around level...18? I think is when I did it)

If you're standing still, there is sometimes a delay to when the first Rumblebees comes out, but the rest follow if you spam click it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why do I not have a report option?

NCSOFT customer service is incredibly lovely.

It might be there somewhere, buried in the esc menu.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
wow, im still drunk, i reread that complex post

I thought s/he wanted something intricate and not a neurosis~ :blush:

drunken master aside, I whupped some red gon destroyer with my tiny blue jin KFM~ so badly that i made him disgraced and take it off~

Red faction is like stupid popular, can't even join them. Have to join blue to balance it out, but that just means more red bad mans to make punchies with <3

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 22, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anoia posted:

NCSOFT customer service is incredibly lovely.

It might be there somewhere, buried in the esc menu.

I've seen other people who have it as an option, but I don't

I haven't been able to find it in the options.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Summoners are really powerful in PvP right now. I did some digging to figure out how to beat them as a KFM, because it seemed they weren't getting much play in Korea in high end PvP and I felt like I was garbage for not being able to dunk them.

Turns out at 45 Summoners have a big advantage because their play style benefits from players not having sick burst. In general they fall out of favor once Hong Moon skills are added because most classes get enough burst to either outright nuke the cat or wombo combo the summoner. For now though, you can long term CC the cat. For a KFM means using Chokehold. Unfortunately most KFMs drop grapple for the Frost Sheath thing which means you can't choke the kitty until you hit level 42 and get meteor drop.

Once you do hit 42 though. :getin:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Haroshia posted:

Summoners are really powerful in PvP right now. I did some digging to figure out how to beat them as a KFM, because it seemed they weren't getting much play in Korea in high end PvP and I felt like I was garbage for not being able to dunk them.

Turns out at 45 Summoners have a big advantage because their play style benefits from players not having sick burst. In general they fall out of favor once Hong Moon skills are added because most classes get enough burst to either outright nuke the cat or wombo combo the summoner. For now though, you can long term CC the cat. For a KFM means using Chokehold. Unfortunately most KFMs drop grapple for the Frost Sheath thing which means you can't choke the kitty until you hit level 42 and get meteor drop.

It's worth noting that a decent summoner will stand next to the cat to try and bait you into hitting it accidentally and waking it up. Try and separate them as much as you can first so they have to work to get over to it.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is summoner's right click ability bugged? Is it not supposed to be instant cast?

Rafzakael posted:

It is instant cast, but you cannot be moving while casting it (unless you upgrade into it around level...18? I think is when I did it)

If you're standing still, there is sometimes a delay to when the first Rumblebees comes out, but the rest follow if you spam click it.

Rafzakael is correct, though I would recommend speccing into Sunflower as is it's better in almost every situation than Rumblebees, except when you're dealing with situations where the enemy is not on the same height as you (since sunflower cannot shoot up/down). It's especially good for aoe when leveling as it hits everything it passes through.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Haroshia posted:

Isn't it the other way around, we have the level 50 talents and way more damage than what level 45 health pools are balanced against?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Whupped another Gon Destroyer 3 times in a row. As a result, tears~ <3

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 22, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Arzachel posted:

Isn't it the other way around, we have the level 50 talents and way more damage than what level 45 health pools are balanced against?

Health pools in arena were raised between beta and release so that's not as much of an issue as it was before. I think a large part of the summoner frustration comes from people just not knowing how to deal with them, which will change as people get better.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
vadia is Portuguese for bitch, huh i learned a new word today

darn tootin im a bitch :smugbert:

btw this is what my animu looks like

no ragrets and it is my intent and hope that when pvpers look upon this face, it fuels their rage as i look nonchalant~ as i whup em <3 ^_^ v

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lastgirl I know you're owning but pls [timg] your pics

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cathead posted:

Lastgirl I know you're owning but pls [timg] your pics

you got it friend

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

NPC Destroyers are a loving cakewalk as KFM. Are player Destroyers similar? Just, like, "here's my windup, please counter me when you're ready".

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

NPC Destroyers are a loving cakewalk as KFM. Are player Destroyers similar? Just, like, "here's my windup, please counter me when you're ready".

lmao no

Player destroyers are "Im spinning constantly, hope you can time your attacks to not get deflected or I will gently caress YOU" and then "now I got you stunned, time to go SSJ and hack you to pieces"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cathead posted:

lmao no

Player destroyers are "Im spinning constantly, hope you can time your attacks to not get deflected or I will gently caress YOU" and then "now I got you stunned, time to go SSJ and hack you to pieces"

yea he did a spin and tried to choke me. I just countered, evaded and there was one moment where i was hosed so i just comet punched his brains out and won by a slight edge. After that, he was fairly predictable in his rage so I danced on him and comboed him with a grapple and headbutted for the finish. KFM feels really satisfying when you pull off counter combo chains

I mean you gotta time that counter just right, its a lot like BM's 1

I have a 20 BM and i upgraded her 1 to a parry and it's awesome but you have to be even more precise as it's literally like .5 of a second to pull off. Do it right and you can do the aerial combo chain.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anyone had any luck with brightstone ruins soloing as an assassin, I feel my weapon needs to be upgraded with at least 1 moonstone upgrade so I can keep up (my damage just seems too low)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
are there any rewards for owning crimson legion guys? Because I've ganked the same rager about 8 times now

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

are there any rewards for owning crimson legion guys? Because I've ganked the same rager about 8 times now

There's a daily at 45 in Misty Woods to own nerds on the opposite faction.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

Is this not its own reward? :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lastgirl posted:

KFM feels really satisfying when you pull off counter combo chains

Wait til you hit 22 and can kick stunned/dazed people into the air and eventually grapple them in midair.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm the person being grapped. I suck at mmo pvp :(

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Destroyers own.

Last night I killed a world boss like 6 times and got a bunch of spin wheel tokens. I got quite a few blue weapon lock boxes, should I bother opening those? I don't know what the point of those sealed things are since the Hongmoon weapon is supposed to last through end game. Do you just use them to upgrade your weapon?

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Polegrinder posted:

Destroyers own.

Last night I killed a world boss like 6 times and got a bunch of spin wheel tokens. I got quite a few blue weapon lock boxes, should I bother opening those? I don't know what the point of those sealed things are since the Hongmoon weapon is supposed to last through end game. Do you just use them to upgrade your weapon?

Some of them are likely the Breakthrough/Transform materials for the various HongMoon stages. Some are just XP fodder and never worth unsealing.

If they're not bound, it can be worth throwing them up on the market, too, if they're not your class and are breakthrough/transform mats.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You should unseal at least one of each weapon for your class just to see if you like the looks of it enough to keep it for glamour, IMHO. Being stylish is reward enough.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

The cross server dungeon lobby is really loving rad.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cathead posted:

It's worth noting that a decent summoner will stand next to the cat to try and bait you into hitting it accidentally and waking it up. Try and separate them as much as you can first so they have to work to get over to it.

Rafzakael is correct, though I would recommend speccing into Sunflower as is it's better in almost every situation than Rumblebees, except when you're dealing with situations where the enemy is not on the same height as you (since sunflower cannot shoot up/down). It's especially good for aoe when leveling as it hits everything it passes through.

i actually tried sunflower and its great for leveling, but i found it easier to solo bosses i probably shouldn't have with rumblebee casting on the fly

but then again im speccing for pvp so sunflower is probably superior for pve

on that note out of my 5 matches today i had one (1) assassin that did actually try to CC my cat and focus me while popping in and out of stealth; while annoying, Doom n' Bloom basically ensured that I never dropped below 75% life

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Is there a good website that shows all the weapon skins that is in English? I've found a few of the Korean ones that have pictures of all the stuff, but since I can't read Korean I have no clue what they are and where they drop.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Arzachel posted:

The game runs kinda poorly even on hardware that's way overkill, we should be getting a patch that optimizes the game a bit at some point. You can try real fullscreen with alt enter while in a loading screen (the game tends to freeze when alt tabbing in this mode) and see if it helps or disable/reduce some graphics settings with shadows, bloom and DoF usually having the most impact.

It's been my experience that the game is extremely CPU-bound for some godforsaken reason. I have an i5 6600K OC'd to 4.5 and a GTX 960 and get around 80-120 FPS usually, but my friend with an older 8-core AMD cpu and a GTX 980 Ti only gets 40-70 FPS. Devs have mentioned that the game only uses 2 cores for the most part (iirc) so yeah idk.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Is Shanghai Goons on Mushin still full? I wanna join as Saetri.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

Is Shanghai Goons on Mushin still full? I wanna join as Saetri.

Its full. Someone set up another guild 'Inglorius Goonterds' I have invite privs if you want in.

In game name is Seamus Maolain. Just bother me, or bother me in the Discord text channel.

Also, don't blame me for the name. I didn't do it.

Also, you can't get an invite until after you pick a faction. Pick red, send message.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mao posted:

Its full. Someone set up another guild 'Inglorius Goonterds' I have invite privs if you want in.

In game name is Seamus Maolain. Just bother me, or bother me in the Discord text channel.

Also, don't blame me for the name. I didn't do it.

Also, you can't get an invite until after you pick a faction. Pick red, send message.

That is one horrible guild name. Like really bad.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Glory to the Goontards.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

jabro posted:

That is one horrible guild name. Like really bad.

It's a horrible name but I want in.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Should've made it Taipei Goon

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Should've made it Taipei Goon

I was thinking Moo Goon Gai Pan.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mao posted:

I was thinking Moo Goon Gai Pan.

This one is good.

But the only fitting name for a bunch of Americans pretending to be Chinese is Orange Chicken.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

It's a horrible name but I want in.

What is your in game name on Mushin and we'll get you an invite.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

It's Saetri.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Are the arenas cross server? Are there character transfers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yes, no.

• Locked thread