Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Getting disarmed :haw:

Possibly Palmer's nanobots :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ded posted:

So. "4 months later" and they still are not married and she isn't wearing the engagement ring?

Why would Earth 2 Felicity wear the engagement ring of her Earth 1 counterpart's funeral. That's just crass.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ded posted:

So. "4 months later" and they still are not married and she isn't wearing the engagement ring?

They were sitting pretty far away from each other in that car, too. Oy.

Bad Moon posted:

Why would Earth 2 Felicity wear the engagement ring of her Earth 1 counterpart's funeral. That's just crass.

:aaaaa:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The Salmon Ladder has the ring.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

BrianWilly posted:

Um how could you have not watched the breakout fan-favorite critical success that was Vixen, the breakout fan-favorite critical success CW Seed online series????

That series was notable for two things:
--Cisco Ramon and Barry Allen having the same skin tone;
-Neil Flynn as dad. "Alright Vixen, once you deal with amulet, we're gonna prank JD."

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Time for some insomnia posting... bear with me but with all this teasing at the grave there's gotta be a tweest. Couldn't Dahrk just transfer his evil essence and possess Ollie Jr? Could the "him" Ollie is solemnly saying he has to kill be his own son?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

howe_sam posted:

Getting disarmed :haw:

I love you. :D

Also, I know I bring this up a lot, and

I know the show is called Arrow, but goddammit, sometimes a bow and arrow is not an appropriate weapon! Ollie trained with escrima sticks, have him carry some! Thea carries a goddamned sword, have her use it! Stop hitting people with your goddamned bows!

And, this isn't TFR, but I have a hard time believing a trained mercenary would carry a 1911 with the hammer down.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 22, 2016

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Dead Snoopy posted:

The Salmon Ladder has the ring.

Ollie found his one true love.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

10 Beers posted:

I love you. :D

Also, I know I bring this up a lot, and

I know the show is called Arrow, but goddammit, sometimes a bow and arrow is not an appropriate weapon! Ollie trained with escrima sticks, have him carry some! Thea carries a goddamned sword, have her use it! Stop hitting people with your goddamned bows!

And, this isn't TFR, but I have a hard time believing a trained mercenary would carry a 1911 with the hammer down.
Arrow has some pretty bad fight scenes nowadays compared to Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. They want all of Team Arrow to fight at once and it looks goofy, like the enemies are just waiting to slowly get hit. The bow as a melee weapon stuff is pretty bad, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superspeed, shrinking and telekinesis okay, but I draw the line at the super rich superhero having a bow that can be used as a bludgeon.

JazzFlight posted:

Arrow has some pretty bad fight scenes nowadays compared to Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. They want all of Team Arrow to fight at once and it looks goofy, like the enemies are just waiting to slowly get hit.

Maybe you missed the only fight scene in last night's episode being a classic kung fu circle of one on one fights?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

JazzFlight posted:

Arrow has some pretty bad fight scenes nowadays compared to Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. They want all of Team Arrow to fight at once and it looks goofy, like the enemies are just waiting to slowly get hit. The bow as a melee weapon stuff is pretty bad, too.

I think the fights and stuntwork this season have been really good overall. The Thea elevator fight from a few episodes back might be the best one they have done on the show.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The fight scenes this year are being undercut by how often they end with the bad guy running out the door 10 feet away and Team Arrow don't even bother to chase them.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was pretty let down to see Felicity alive. She made up for it with her little "Go be a hero" speech in the hospital though. It reminded me that I used to like this character. Next episode looks like it plans on taking that good will away though, which is a shame.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just put her in the newly uncovered secret lazerus pit and heal her. We shouldn't stop more comic book type retconning.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The best part of the episode was Darkh going, "you saved my family's life. I'm giving you two weeks to enjoy time with yours..."

:psyduck:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

The best part of the episode was Darkh going, "you saved my family's life. I'm giving you two weeks to enjoy time with yours..."

:psyduck:

I was thinking that "two weeks" was Darkh moving to his end-game in which Ollie & co would be casualties of whatever it is like the rest of the world. More like I'm just going to leave you alone from here on out, but really, you only have two weeks anyway because I'm going to destroy everything.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I stopped watching this Wednesday night about forty minutes in and picked up the back twenty tonight.

Losing the context of whatever happened beforehand because why would I remember, I felt flat out embarrassed that I thought I liked this show. The Anarchy guy has got to be the most hokey poo poo they've ever dreamt up. From the ridiculous mask to the perfectly painted on symbol to his super ability to twirl in circles and defeat the heroes, it was terrible. Darhk randomly standing outside, Oliver just saying that he saved his family and him accepting it, the stupid way Olly just stands there and watches himself get stabbed by an arrow, the hokey rear end cutaway for Thea's not murder. I'm pretty sure my eyes rolled out the back of my head when they continued to milk the dead brother island stuff.

Like it wasn't just the normal Arrow was disappointing feeling that was last year, it was loving atrocious. I started doing chores at the end and listened to Felicity's speeches in the background.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The flashback scenes have been a drag since the beginning of Season 3. You can fast-forward through them and miss literally nothing of importance.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So this baffling thing that probably gave the CW people a heart attack was live on Amell's Facebook an hour ago.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Man, where's ridiculously burly black driver when you need him?

Good on him. Does NJ not usually get weather like that?

/Canuckistanian.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Felicity is gonna take some Velocity 9 and get back up to speed

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

TheCenturion posted:

Man, where's ridiculously burly black driver when you need him?

Good on him. Does NJ not usually get weather like that?

/Canuckistanian.

The area gets snow pretty regularly, but this storm has been particularly intense, lots of all-time records, quite a few feet of snowfall, etc.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

This man is so god drat good at Facebook.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

He also posted this thing that probably ALSO gave certain fans a heart attack.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

enraged_camel posted:

The flashback scenes have been a drag since the beginning of Season 3. You can fast-forward through them and miss literally nothing of importance.

I agree with this completely. I don't understand why they insist on keeping the flashbacks going at the point, as they lost their appeal seasons ago

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I agree with this completely. I don't understand why they insist on keeping the flashbacks going at the point, as they lost their appeal seasons ago

how else will Oliver learn to trust other team members with his problems if he didn't remember that in a flashback?

and other important life lessons

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

The next Flash/Arrow crossover should just be a musical episode.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

bentacos posted:

Spoiler for Season 5/3/2 of Flash/Arrow/Supergirl
Monday: Earth-3: All the actors on Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl who can sing team up to fight The Music Meister
Tuesday: Earth-2: All the remaining actors fight another threat in E-2 Central City
Wednesday: Earth-1: All three heroes and the various supporting casts team up to take on a major dimension hopping villain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

They would have to completely change how they transition many scenes.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

He's Canadian, we do that every year it's no big deal.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

squee!

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Stephen Amell has truly won Facebook.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

I just squeed.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It's kinda amazing how well the show did with three years of Amnell shackled into flat-affect, thousand yard stare mode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bentacos posted:

This should be brought up at every opportunity at every convention they're at. At this point, we probably don't need NPH if we can get a musical episode. It does need them to put the overarching melodramatic plots for a bit, but still.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I've got good news for you, it IS brought up every other page and no one will shut up about it.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Well I've got good news for you, it IS brought up every other page and no one will shut up about it.

I hope they continue to bring it up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope they modify Ollie's bow to a harp like the pink Ranger in that one episode of power rangers.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zebulon posted:

In all seriousness, Vixen's power is that she takes on the properties of animals. So she can manifest the weight and strength of an elephant, or swim like a fish, or run as fast as a cheetah, etc. Remains completely human and never alters appearance. Just takes on the properties of animals.
So she's the chick from Wild Kratts (all the parents laugh knowingly here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zebulon posted:

In all seriousness, Vixen's power is that she takes on the properties of animals. So she can manifest the weight of an elephant
cool, I have that power too

• Locked thread