Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
There's a problem in Florida because people who buy pet pythons/boas/whatever often release them into the wild when they get huge. Yeah, gently caress Jeb for increasing the snake fee to discourage snake ownership, gently caress taxes! Fuckin' RINO metal bawkses!!

Meanwhile, from last year:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

First Dog is worst than Adam 4d when it comes to :words:

Well, I liked "downtown Methlabbe, Kentucky."

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

If you like joke a panel stuff, First Dog is pretty good. If you have more ADD than me, I don't know what to say other than that mine is harming me professionally and you really ought to get that looked at.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hey...This "First Dog" thing? It's gotta lot of words. Just thought you should know........

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

xthetenth posted:

If you like joke a panel stuff, First Dog is pretty good. If you have more ADD than me, I don't know what to say other than that mine is harming me professionally and you really ought to get that looked at.

:hf:

Adderall helps me a lot when I remember to take it, but my eyes glaze over when I see a Rall, or Animal Nulz, and I have a hard time getting through Tom the Dancing Bug (even though they're good), but good luck if I'm going to get through First Dog.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Hey...This "First Dog" thing? It's gotta lot of words. Just thought you should know........

Huge, if true.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

:hf:

Adderall helps me a lot when I remember to take it, but my eyes glaze over when I see a Rall, or Animal Nulz, and I have a hard time getting through Tom the Dancing Bug (even though they're good), but good luck if I'm going to get through First Dog.

I'm mostly joking because it's actually technical specification documents I literally cannot get through (guess what I work with!). Joke a panel stuff goes great for me because I get through them and the jokes help keep me going. Also as of now I have discovered three categories of medication, that which gives me insomnia and works, that which does neither, and that which the insurance company really doesn't want to cover. I think I'll be avoiding actual stimulants, thanks.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

From the cover of some magazine, by Thomas Fluharty

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Begemot posted:

If only there was some way to know what was coming out of that plane.

If only!

That's obviously Santa's updated sleigh running incredibly late.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Crossposting from the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thread, a Politoon brought to us by horrid shithead Sargon Of Akkad.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Huh. I'm pretty sure that cartoon demonstrates a better understanding of the subject than I would've credited him for. It takes some degree of knowledge to be utterly, exactly wrong in every single regard lest you accidentally be right, right?

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

Did Palin really say that Philly Cheesesteake line??

Also that was a pretty funny First Dog and people should try actually reading it instead of bitching about it being posted.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

After an eyesight-loving ten minutes I figured out it was "Intersectionalism" Good job with the red-on-purple words there, chucklefuck.

Intersectionalism, or intersectionality, is "the study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination". This leaves me very little the wiser when it comes to the cartoon. He is, however, yet another shithead who's making orders of magnitude more on Patreon than I am or ever will. Here's an animated cartoon he made.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The waitress' name from that First Dog sounded oddly familiar

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Did Palin really say that Philly Cheesesteake line??

Also that was a pretty funny First Dog and people should try actually reading it instead of bitching about it being posted.

I like First Dog, although I do appreciate it when people explain the Australia-specific parts.

loquacius posted:

The waitress' name from that First Dog sounded oddly familiar

I liked that joke, too. First Dog has more jokes than most cartoons.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wapole Languray posted:

Crossposting from the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thread, a Politoon brought to us by horrid shithead Sargon Of Akkad.

Every time i come across a Sargon 'relevant' list, it's always linked to Anita Sarkeesian hate. Its really sad that hatred of her has become its own youtuber bread-and-butter. A lot of terrible people have won a ton of subscribers (and therefore money) by being lovely about her.

https://youtu.be/w7zZ6pA-emA

Notably, the dude being responded to.
I havent even clicked your link but the name reminded me of that immediately.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 22, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

I'm mostly joking because it's actually technical specification documents I literally cannot get through (guess what I work with!). Joke a panel stuff goes great for me because I get through them and the jokes help keep me going. Also as of now I have discovered three categories of medication, that which gives me insomnia and works, that which does neither, and that which the insurance company really doesn't want to cover. I think I'll be avoiding actual stimulants, thanks.

but being able to do speed is the only perk of having ADHD

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hitler B. Natural posted:

After an eyesight-loving ten minutes I figured out it was "Intersectionalism" Good job with the red-on-purple words there, chucklefuck.

Intersectionalism, or intersectionality, is "the study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination". This leaves me very little the wiser when it comes to the cartoon. He is, however, yet another shithead who's making orders of magnitude more on Patreon than I am or ever will. Here's an animated cartoon he made.

So what the cartoon is trying to say is it's bad for minorities to care about different things because it divides them and makes them less powerful and prevents them from uniting on other things?

I don't agree with that, but at least it makes sense.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

but being able to do speed is the only perk of having ADHD

I know. But at the end of the day I like sleep and not having destructive urges or similarly, a drive to become successful in business or finance.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So what the cartoon is trying to say is it's bad for minorities to care about different things because it divides them and makes them less powerful and prevents them from uniting on other things?

I don't agree with that,but at least it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it's more an attempt to co-opt his opponents' language without understanding it because he's mad that intersectionalism is an answer for some brands of concern trolling, which he deliberately misinterprets as meaning that nobody can speak out about anything because nobody lives the entire minority experience.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 22, 2016

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:rolleye:
2 Sarah Palin is a bitch? Seems harsh, Glenn.
4 This seems a little ah, insensitive.
9 "Why is the media paying so much attention to the guy spreading hate about immigrants?" asks Gary "" Varvel.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Branco looks about how I'd expect, and has about the level of opinion about himself I'd expect too

quote:

Pretend I did the thing where I circled McKee's name to answer the question and added "as a stand-in for the entire GOP lol"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"Please notice me, Obama!"

"who?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"What's an AF Branco?"

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
it's so easy to judge from inside the Benetton ad that is the Republican voting block.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 22, 2016

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't agree with that, but at least it makes sense.

Nah. Intersectionality, in layman's terms, refers to the fact that many people who support feminism and gay rights do so in a very... let's call it a very white way. Outspoken feminists who are otherwise doing very good work may only be talking about how much white women make in comparison to white men, and ignore that black women and latina women make even less. The form of the gay rights movement that is most commonly in the public eye is focused on gay white males exclusively and ignores LGBT people of color or indeed people who are LGBT but aren't part of the "G" category. The lovely cartoonist is concern trolling that intersectionality is causing infighting and stopping those movements from making a difference. But arguments about intersectionality are interested in strengthening those movements by making them more inclusive, not dividing them or slowing them down. If anything, it's people like TERFs who are actively slowing down their movements by fighting intersectionality because they don't want to share their movement.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

There's some pretty impressively dumb cartoons in this post, but these are the two that stood out, because they're so dumb.

The Oscars are the same thing as a Bernie Sanders rally. Not "they are analogous in the way that this cartoon indicates visually," but "they are the same thing." A Bernie Sanders rally is a masturbatory black-tie gala held annually by a creaking and ancient industry group. The Oscars are a political rally in support of a candidate who is wildly popular among certain demographics but has struggled to build a wider coalition. The cartoon didn't say that until you made it say that. It didn't *have* to say that.

Also: Hot water is for rich people. It's true that hot water costs more, because you have to pay to heat it with oil or electricity, and I've heard that hotter water leaches minerals from pipes at higher levels than cooler water. That's not really what this crisis is about, though, in any respect. Really dumb.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sometimes these are really good.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

betaraywil posted:

There's some pretty impressively dumb cartoons in this post, but these are the two that stood out, because they're so dumb.

The Oscars are the same thing as a Bernie Sanders rally. Not "they are analogous in the way that this cartoon indicates visually," but "they are the same thing." A Bernie Sanders rally is a masturbatory black-tie gala held annually by a creaking and ancient industry group. The Oscars are a political rally in support of a candidate who is wildly popular among certain demographics but has struggled to build a wider coalition. The cartoon didn't say that until you made it say that. It didn't *have* to say that.

You're overthinking it.The joke is Hollywood = Communists.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Branco's opinion are, indeed, so wrong that one can find comedy in them. A good title.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

betaraywil posted:

Also: Hot water is for rich people. It's true that hot water costs more, because you have to pay to heat it with oil or electricity, and I've heard that hotter water leaches minerals from pipes at higher levels than cooler water. That's not really what this crisis is about, though, in any respect. Really dumb.

There sure is something dumb here, yea

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Don't be intentionally obtuse

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Clever.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't be intentionally obtuse

Oh sorry I thought the point of this thread was to make fun of people who write "Poor -----> " on a drawing of an object as though that makes the drawing trenchant political commentary

I'll go back to complaining about how some things have too many words.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Hmmm, i always pictured him looking more like one of his drawings.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

There's a problem in Florida because people who buy pet pythons/boas/whatever often release them into the wild when they get huge. Yeah, gently caress Jeb for increasing the snake fee to discourage snake ownership, gently caress taxes! Fuckin' RINO metal bawkses!!
I recall some talk in Pet Island a while back about how normally progressive reptile owners were possibly willing to side with the Republicans to keep their pet rights, basically pushing the issue as one of small vs. big government. Given that sudden Snake Fees cartoon, I'm guessing that went through after all.

EDIT: Specifically, because the left wing is associated with environmentalists, which are often at odds for the reasons Post 9/11 User stated.

Fossilized Rappy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 22, 2016

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!

betaraywil posted:

Oh sorry I thought the point of this thread was to make fun of people who write "Poor -----> " on a drawing of an object as though that makes the drawing trenchant political commentary

I'll go back to complaining about how some things have too many words.

The Ohman cartoon isn't saying hot water is for rich people. It's saying the poor in Flint are getting different water than the rich. It's an uncharacteristically easily misinterpreted cartoon from Ohman, but I got what it was trying to say. Agreed that it could be better.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

The cutest trump caricature ever?????

Fossilized Rappy posted:

I recall some talk in Pet Island a while back about how normally progressive reptile owners were possibly willing to side with the Republicans to keep their pet rights, basically pushing the issue as one of small vs. big government. Given that sudden Snake Fees cartoon, I'm guessing that went through after all.

lmao

i love this election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tom Guycot posted:

Hmmm, i always pictured him looking more like one of his drawings.

Forgot the Hitlerstache, 5/10.

• Locked thread