Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Illtair. I'm playing a lot more since December. If you hand off guild leader to me (my wiz), I can officer tag a bunch more guys in case of invite requests (we've had a few just this week).

When I get done playing this bard, I'm going to make a rogue and level him completely solo and untwinked just like I did with the warrior. So excited. That should take a few months.

I'll toss guild lead back to you before I take my next break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

lemonslol posted:

I'm about to join Friends on red, should I know anything before I do. They say they do PVE but I don't believe that they do, and a lot of their guys are very weird and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts. I'll still join because I like the tag unless someone tells me that they actually don't do PVE.

did banksy ever get you those 55 rings? i have a bunch of them rotting away on random accounts.

gonna p much second everything banksy said about friends. quite a few of them are hypernerds with 30 accounts who get really upset when their alt #14 doesn't get loot over you. if you live in america, they do their raids at like 4am (most of them live in america) and they don't really get any valuable targets so it's a pretty dire situation where a bunch of nerds are stepping over each other for scraps.

red pve scene =

<empire> if you want to kill dragons and get all the good items with 70 other nerds on a casual, fixed schedule. raids at US prime time.
<friends> if you are a bitter ex-empire/holocaust member, realllly into pvp, raids at asia/australia prime time.
<casual scum> if you want to join a smaller guild that actually cares about things like "having fun" (must enjoy pvp, maybe a bit too "family friendly" for some goons) and i'm not sure when they raid?
<thunderdome> any character under level 60, always.

quote:

and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts.

this is pretty much every guild on red, and most of them are, welcome to red!

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 18, 2016

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

Illtair. I'm playing a lot more since December. If you hand off guild leader to me (my wiz), I can officer tag a bunch more guys in case of invite requests (we've had a few just this week).

When I get done playing this bard, I'm going to make a rogue and level him completely solo and untwinked just like I did with the warrior. So excited. That should take a few months.

I'll toss guild lead back to you before I take my next break.
Sounds like a plan, I'll get at you in game.

Aerosol
Jan 27, 2008

well alright then

lemonslol posted:

I'm about to join Friends on red, should I know anything before I do. They say they do PVE but I don't believe that they do, and a lot of their guys are very weird and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts. I'll still join because I like the tag unless someone tells me that they actually don't do PVE.

Hail! Are you Grep? We are weird, and only a few of us are drug addicts, but we're not nearly as mean as Pwnz0r makes us out to be.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Aerosol posted:

Hail! Are you Grep? We are weird, and only a few of us are drug addicts, but we're not nearly as mean as Pwnz0r makes us out to be.

I've been found !

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

did banksy ever get you those 55 rings? i have a bunch of them rotting away on random accounts.

Have not gotten any rings. Banksys gear was pretty crucial though in keeping me alive, I was missing most slots and or wearing leather trash drops. I'm in City of Mist though and a warrior so I probably can't get anywhere reliably.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Managed to find Garou up today in Iceclad while I was joining a Tower of Frozen Shadow group. Unfortunately, he didn't drop the quest item I was looking for. Being an 18 hour spawn, I thought someone else might want to try their luck.

The next time he could spawn is ~6:20pm EST on Tuesday. If Colqhoun or one of you higher levels could nab him on Blue, I'd appreciate another shot at him on Wednesday or Thursday. Good luck!

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Arae posted:

I've been tempted and some group leaders have even requested for me to do it.

I'd be surprised if there was as I've Tox ported EC beggars on several occasions.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Found out last night that as a Necro you can cancel magic yourself to remove the debuff on your heal over time spells. So basically, you can keep the tank perma-healed for 10 mana + the 30 mana cancel magic uses.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yeah there's been at least one discussion about this on the bug forums. My understanding is that in vanilla EQ the debuff didn't even show up so it wasn't dispellable. Later when recourse debuffs were added it was dispellable, and eventually the buff was linked to it so that dispelling the debuff got rid of the heal buff as well. I don't know if they can make it work properly for this era given titanium etc. but the dev staff clearly knows this is a thing and has not done anything about it. I think for proper classic Haynar should let it go for a bit and then just break this line of spells altogether - pretty sure that happened in Velious!

Here's one of the bug forums discussions:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-82331.html

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 19, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ramulack posted:

Found out last night that as a Necro you can cancel magic yourself to remove the debuff on your heal over time spells. So basically, you can keep the tank perma-healed for 10 mana + the 30 mana cancel magic uses.
That's why we make great side healers.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Anarch posted:

That's why we make great side healers.

Yeah, I am defiantly sold on this. I group with a static group of guys I used to play live with back in the day and until last night they saw my Necro as nothing more than a twitch and /pet attack bot.

Granted, I know in a raid setting prolonging the CH chain is the best a necro can do in the heat of the fight but in a small / group setting these heals really rival the best in game.

Edit: Yes, I can see this not being classic, I am surprised I havnt seen more necros exploiting this. Its so broken. You can keep a 125hp / tick on a tank (+ Chloro or Regrowth) pretty permanently.

Ramulack fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 19, 2016

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Used to duo and small group shivers and bogeys in fear with monks and necros while abusing the crap out of it. FD only fear groups in full spawn are super fun pve good times.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
lol, the /r/p99circlejerk guy is trying to doxx me again or something, this game has a really creepy community

same guy who made that huge now-edited blog post about how i'm an asian beefcake

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 20, 2016

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

It's like something sensitive but for a 15 year old mmo private server instead, complete with exiled mod who turned out to be insane and a bunch of p chill p deece cool dudes who call each other nigga while discussing in great detail whether or not they should report rogean to the irs for tax evasion.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
it's actually quite heartwarming to know that the p99 community appreciates the hundreds of hours i've put into shitposting on the official forums and making all the red boards unreadable on a daily basis

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

it's actually quite heartwarming to know that the p99 community appreciates the hundreds of hours i've put into shitposting on the official forums and making all the red boards unreadable on a daily basis

what's your motive for doing this?

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...
Anybody on blue want to buy a Manna Robe for the one time low goon price of 150k? Looking to get rid of the drat thing fast so I can afford the gnarly price tag on a wavecrasher someone is holding for me for another 24 hours.

PM me here or send a tell to Tissamo if youre down to be my angel/release me from my tunnelquest.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

a real jerk posted:

what's your motive for doing this?

severe mental illness my man

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

severe mental illness my man

hm. same.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Never Been Banned posted:

Anybody on blue want to buy a Manna Robe for the one time low goon price of 150k? Looking to get rid of the drat thing fast so I can afford the gnarly price tag on a wavecrasher someone is holding for me for another 24 hours.

PM me here or send a tell to Tissamo if youre down to be my angel/release me from my tunnelquest.

Completely jealous of your robe. Hope you find a buyer.

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Pratan posted:

Completely jealous of your robe. Hope you find a buyer.

Thanks man. I'm so burned out on tunnelwanking that I'm auctioning the thing to pubbies for 150k now and still havent found anybody.

145k is now the goon special I guess.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Thanks man. I'm so burned out on tunnelwanking that I'm auctioning the thing to pubbies for 150k now and still havent found anybody.

145k is now the goon special I guess.

If I had anywhere near that amount I would offer you a retarded lowball.

Shazaam
Nov 23, 2010

145k for a manna robe, despite the obvious discount, but did Velious depreciate all the kunark stuff considerably?

Is the raiding scene still the same 'ol drama-fest it was over a year ago? I keep wanting to come back and I cant count how many times this game suckers me back in, hoping to relive that awesome (not so much) nostalgia of a chat simulator. Maybe it's trying to re-live being a worthless idiot with no prospects in life..

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Shazaam posted:

145k for a manna robe, despite the obvious discount, but did Velious depreciate all the kunark stuff considerably?

Is the raiding scene still the same 'ol drama-fest it was over a year ago? I keep wanting to come back and I cant count how many times this game suckers me back in, hoping to relive that awesome (not so much) nostalgia of a chat simulator. Maybe it's trying to re-live being a worthless idiot with no prospects in life..

Velious depreciated the heck out of a lot of the high end kunark toys for sure. Manna robe has held its value a little better than most of the other trak loots. Couldnt tell you why exactly. Before I started selling it i did my research though, and apparently patient and or lucky people still get around 200k for them.

I havent had poo poo for offers even close to that though and am in a time crunch. Hence the clearance sale.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

shes a girl
all females in my exp have reacted the way she does
its not sexist, women just get emotional and offended easier than men for the most part. obv theres always exceptions

woman are emotional and crazy
they dont use logic
they use their heart

:smugdog:

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Velious depreciated the heck out of a lot of the high end kunark toys for sure. Manna robe has held its value a little better than most of the other trak loots. Couldnt tell you why exactly. Before I started selling it i did my research though, and apparently patient and or lucky people still get around 200k for them.

I havent had poo poo for offers even close to that though and am in a time crunch. Hence the clearance sale.

Finally got the bratty thing sold and got my sword. Phew!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Finally got the bratty thing sold and got my sword. Phew!

Good job :) I'm still stuck here looking for a decent 2H blunt...

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Meatgrinder posted:

Good job :) I'm still stuck here looking for a decent 2H blunt...

Humm...t-staff is pretty great. Are you a MNK?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
No no, he wants to smoke a blunt so large he has to hold it with 2 hands.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Grocer releasing account+character names now. gently caress him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a real jerk posted:

Grocer releasing account+character names now. gently caress him.

Where is all this happening so I can :munch:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

crew posted:

Where is all this happening so I can :munch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/P99Circlejerk/

https://www.reddit.com/r/P99Circlejerk/comments/425ipt/red_99_accountcharacter_list/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-l1A3-wh1GJqAlX7PWspBK7_A3zXh8vNtQ-NlYpTiT4/edit#gid=0

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Man, at first it was kind of cute but this is pretty ridiculous. The guy obviously has issues that requires professional help.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Ramulack posted:

The guy obviously has issues that requires professional help.

I think this describes much of P99's playerbase in general.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ramulack posted:

Man, at first it was kind of cute but this is pretty ridiculous. The guy obviously has issues that requires professional help.

Yeah, for a guy whose gimmick is supporting players against an allegedly corrupt staff, he's certainly not hurting anyone but players (and his own image) with these last few stunts.

His removal from staff gets more obviously justified every time he does this poo poo.

In other news, Sirduh (Wiwi) has the goon guild leader tag on blue now, so I look forward to hearing about the guild being disbanded shortly (this is what happened last time he was in charge, no lie).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Sorry, too busy trying to figure out passwords for all these R99 accounts. MUAHAHAHAHA.

Oh who am I kidding, it's R99... no one gives a flying flip.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hey you guys in BDA, I've got a cleric friend trying to hand in a shimmering pearl to Zordak Ragefire but they get beaten to the punch every time. Would it be possible to sort of get them in line for that, and if so, would that require payment? Any other higher up guilds are welcome to help as well. I don't know how many goons we got where, I just know we got a bunch in BDA.

Cleric's name is Mufinz. I know epics are mainly a raid thing but I'm like, the more clickies on the server (that are actually active and, you know, owe you/your guild a favor) the better.

Fake edit: what's with the oval office spamming EC about Braknar's wife being fat.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
That would be Greengrocer. Best/worst former staff member meltdown ever.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

aparmenideanmonad posted:

That would be Greengrocer. Best/worst former staff member meltdown ever.

Holy poo poo that man needs help.

Humm...t-staff is pretty great. Are you a MNK?

nah for my SK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

Grocer can gently caress himself