Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Finally got a loving Valkyrie and now I'm grinding souls/maps/keys/gold with my Banshee/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Green Slime team. Is there a better farm team for cycling the map's gems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Krolm posted:

Would like an invite for KROLM as well, I seem to be the only one trying to do tasks in this pub guild :(

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Grundulum posted:

Did they change how long you get to deal with invasions? I just had three revenges disappear on me, and I know that one of them was less than three hours old.

Did you change your home kingdom? You lose revenges if you do.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

Did you change your home kingdom? You lose revenges if you do.

That explains it. Oh well.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Sigma-X posted:

Finally got a loving Valkyrie and now I'm grinding souls/maps/keys/gold with my Banshee/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Green Slime team. Is there a better farm team for cycling the map's gems?

There's a few subs you can make, but not really. Not with the same payout of extra gold and souls. Most gem creators got nerfed. Other gem swappers focus on buffs or damage.

I decided to unlock the Valkyrie traits. An extra 50% souls will be nice for clearing challenges.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The Valkyrie Necromancy trait sounds better than it is. It does not increase the cap on how many souls you can get per battle, and I do not think it affects the soul reward from challenges. All it does is make you hit the cap faster so you do not have to stall games to cast more Valk spells.

On the other hand, I think the Merchant trait affects the payout from defense/invasion if you could come up with a PvP team that can win while carrying the Alchemist, Dwarf Lord, or Finley.

Edit: Yeah, I just double-checked. If I crank up the difficulty to Warlord IV, it says Souls x2.75 under the XP bar on the map screen. I get 275 souls for the last part of a challenge with or without a Necromancy Valkyrie.

grrarg fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 16, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Necro Valkyrie doesn't boost the reward. But it does boost the souls won from the battle. With my armor and team goblin, I get 9 souls. With the Valkyrie pre-trait, I could get 54. Now with her trait and armor, I can get 90+ souls per battle. Seems good.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Whoa

The update that just went out eliminates gold costs for all battles except the arena. Now the only risk associated with PVP is breaking a win streak. It's much easier to mess with new teams and try different combinations since the opportunity cost is lower.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Grundulum posted:

Whoa

The update that just went out eliminates gold costs for all battles except the arena. Now the only risk associated with PVP is breaking a win streak. It's much easier to mess with new teams and try different combinations since the opportunity cost is lower.

I was going to say no gold for PvE quests, but to hear it's gone from everything except arena is great

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
It was a fairly inconsequential amount to established players. Should help new players quite a bit, though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Grundulum posted:

Whoa

That is amazing

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

The 300 glory reward is well worth getting even though the weapon is crap. The 2x Arcane Stealth traitstones are used to unlock the final trait on some good common cards.

Glade Warden: True Shot (skulls ignore armor)
Goblin: Nature Link (gain bonus green from green matches)
Reaver: Agile (30% chance to dodge skull damage)
Satyr: Nature Spirit (gain 1 magic for each green ally)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gromdul posted:

It was a fairly inconsequential amount to established players. Should help new players quite a bit, though.
Hell yes, maybe I can actually grind something out now. That almost makes up for the arena becoming poo poo before I leveled up my guys

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I guess now that invades don't cost gold there isn't much incentive anymore to intentionally tank your defense.

What non-goblin defenses are you guys running? I use Gloomleaf, Gorgotha, Ice Witch and Dryad when I'm not tanking defense. Its decent but I haven't put a ton of thought into a good defense team.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Speaking of gloom leaf, I just got him with one of the event keys. Anyone has a good team with him? First legendary since who knows how long, but I can't see any way to fit him with my main gang (Gorg, KoS, Alchemist, Slime) so he might just get benched.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I just got him as well. Seems that the event chests might be stacked with him. Expect to see a few of those in the upcoming weeks I would imagine.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm trying to build a monster deck based on hydra and chimera, but I'm stumped for the other two cards. I've got golem and rock worm in front to generate brown gems and then detonate them for direct damage, but they never actually survive long enough to really get that going. They are pretty low level currently though. I've heard rock worm is a real terror, but I'm just not seeing it, and I'm wondering if it's maybe a better idea to grab cockatrice and something else that deals status effects/mana drain instead.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

I'm trying to build a monster deck based on hydra and chimera, but I'm stumped for the other two cards. I've got golem and rock worm in front to generate brown gems and then detonate them for direct damage, but they never actually survive long enough to really get that going. They are pretty low level currently though. I've heard rock worm is a real terror, but I'm just not seeing it, and I'm wondering if it's maybe a better idea to grab cockatrice and something else that deals status effects/mana drain instead.
Hydra, Chimera, Rock Worm, Watcher might work okay. Watcher does true damage and will mana drain if the target has been poisoned or entangled by the Chimera. Rock Worm owns and will feed itself and the Watcher.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Bandire posted:

I guess now that invades don't cost gold there isn't much incentive anymore to intentionally tank your defense.

What non-goblin defenses are you guys running? I use Gloomleaf, Gorgotha, Ice Witch and Dryad when I'm not tanking defense. Its decent but I haven't put a ton of thought into a good defense team.

go team rockworm!

i put a drill guy in there too so they don't get stuck if there's no browns

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Bandire posted:

I'm running Gob-Chomper, Ettin, Ogre and Stone Giant. Works decently.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
When you do a revenge battle, I always assumed that you fought the opposing player's invasion team. I no longer think that's the case. Had a revenge battle earlier where I fought a single level-1 Peasant. I sincerely doubt that *that* was the successful invading team (I am only using a single Fortress Gate, but the thing is level 15 and has 4 attack).

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Grundulum posted:

When you do a revenge battle, I always assumed that you fought the opposing player's invasion team. I no longer think that's the case. Had a revenge battle earlier where I fought a single level-1 Peasant. I sincerely doubt that *that* was the successful invading team (I am only using a single Fortress Gate, but the thing is level 15 and has 4 attack).

You are correct, even a revenge battle fights only the defenders.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Since there is so much room, could I get a guild invite for my sister? Her code is RUMMS. Thanks!

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Just got 4 defence wins in a row with Behemoth, Keeper, Valkyrie, Slime. The main advantage is that it's hard to keep off its colours (plus behemoth is a pretty strong tank), but you don't get any bonuses and I imagine team goblin crushes it pretty hard. Then again I haven't found anything team goblin doesn't crush hard except bigger goblins.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

There are at least four people who have not logged in for 2 months or more in Gen Blossums, so I'll bet some room could be made.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
can someone please invite BREAD_4 then

starkebn fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 20, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dang, I came back to like 83 glory chests and I could suddenly make all sorts of teams. I owe y'all big time, and hopefully Spider/Banshee/Alchemist/Valkyrie will clean up

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The change where battle costs were removed was a big deal. I feel like I'm able to contribute reasonably to the guild and also progress.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

The change where battle costs were removed was a big deal. I feel like I'm able to contribute reasonably to the guild and also progress.

It really was a great change, I should get my first level 10 kingdom this week thanks to that.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
What are the rewards for a defense victory these days

Edit: holy crap the 180-glory special is terrible value. The 300-glory pack comes with two event keys (vs 1), 2000 gold (vs 500), two arcane traitstones, and a couple of other things. The only thing that you *don't* get is a pair of maps, which can be bought for 60 glory total if you are that desperate to play the minigame. Maybe the calculus changes when the more expensive pack is 400 glory, but even then you're getting an epic troop to go along with those event keys.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 21, 2016

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Last week's 400 point didn't include any event keys. I think they only toss event keys in when there's a weapon in the set, but I've only been playing for 4 weeks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Putting high level Traitsstones in the PVP pack makes me excited and happy I've got 2000 glory stashed away.

Also I'm really glad I didn't cave and buy the Prismatic Orb pack a couple of weeks ago. You apparently get it for getting all of your masteries up to 25.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Most of the weapon bundles are a waste of money since you will get them eventually through leveling. Prismatic Orb is all masteries at 25. There are several weapons unlocked for having two masteries at 30 and more for having two at 40. Then there are a bunch for having two masteries at 50 and another prismatic-type weapon for having all at 50.

Most of the really good weapons come from glory rewards, and I don't think they have ever put those in bundles. I still regret not having enough glory to get that red/purple staff that was a glory reward the week I started playing.

Next patch is supposed to give heroes some love since even level 1000 ones are outclassed by ascended, traited, and bonused out troops.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I have a possibly dumb question.

All of my kingdoms are at one grey star of power or higher. Several are at one gold star. When I examine the income I am receiving from this latter group, I see "Kingdom Power +0". It appears that my double tribute bonus erases my +50 gold bonus, rather than adding to it.

Is this intended, and can anyone else confirm? What happens at the two gold star level?

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Grundulum posted:

I have a possibly dumb question.

All of my kingdoms are at one grey star of power or higher. Several are at one gold star. When I examine the income I am receiving from this latter group, I see "Kingdom Power +0". It appears that my double tribute bonus erases my +50 gold bonus, rather than adding to it.

Is this intended, and can anyone else confirm? What happens at the two gold star level?
I don't have all of them at that level yet, but for me it's working as intended. The few kingdoms that do have a gold star have exactly the same income as those that only have a grey one. Do your gold star kingdoms actually have less income than the grey ones?

Also, for arena, what seems to work best now for me is just retiring after 3 wins. Means with armor and on hard difficulty I have a profit of around 1k, get 1 glory key and the option to buy the cards. Since I have leveled most somewhat useful troops from arena to 15 by now, I get a lot of cards this way.

Invite for RUMMS would still be nice. :)

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Wuntvor posted:

I don't have all of them at that level yet, but for me it's working as intended. The few kingdoms that do have a gold star have exactly the same income as those that only have a grey one. Do your gold star kingdoms actually have less income than the grey ones?

Also, for arena, what seems to work best now for me is just retiring after 3 wins. Means with armor and on hard difficulty I have a profit of around 1k, get 1 glory key and the option to buy the cards. Since I have leveled most somewhat useful troops from arena to 15 by now, I get a lot of cards this way.

Invite for RUMMS would still be nice. :)

That is exactly what I am seeing: my gold-started kingdoms give less income than my gray-started kingdoms.

If you're allowed to buy troops without finishing all right arena battles, this is a (welcome) change from previous versions.

Hey Savik, if you want to bump me back up to guild leader again I can take care of the various invites/boots that need doing.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Grundulum posted:

If you're allowed to buy troops without finishing all right arena battles, this is a (welcome) change from previous versions.
Yup, three wins seems to be what it takes.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Grundulum posted:

Hey Savik, if you want to bump me back up to guild leader again I can take care of the various invites/boots that need doing.

I'll do it when I get home from work. Who are you again so I promote the right person?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

RussianBear posted:

I'll do it when I get home from work. Who are you again so I promote the right person?

Look near the top of Gem Blossums' roster and take a guess. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Started playing this a few weeks ago, wouldn't mind an invite unless I'm too new to be useful. Invite code MYLAN.