Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Reminds me a lot of Michael Moorcock's writing, I like it.

Simonson actually did some comics together with Moorcock
http://www.tor.com/2013/12/20/elric-reread-comics/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

fatherboxx posted:

Simonson actually did some comics together with Moorcock
http://www.tor.com/2013/12/20/elric-reread-comics/

Ohgod, I love Elric comics. I've seen those but not read them, I didn't know Simonson worked on them. Cool!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
P. Craig Russell's Stormbringer mentioned in that article is really good and worth a read

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
All the Russell adaptions are so loving good.The new graphic novels based on Elric of Melnibone are even better, too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This thread needs some David Bowie.

Venom: The Hunger #4.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Read Jake Wyatt's Necropolis web comic. It's pretty badass.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/post/118905492171/prologue

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Wow. I'm liking what I see so far.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Indcredible Hulk 607 if I recall.

Banner can't turn into Hulk, and Skaar, the Hulk's son, is trying to protect them with the help of Hank Pym. They've dropped her out of their dimension, and there's a banging on the door. Skaar says she's gonna break in, and Pym says "That's impossible. She can't-"

Dimension Punching: not just for Superboy Prime anymore.

Was debating between here and funny panels because I just find the whole thing hilarious for some reason.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Say Nothing posted:

For some reason I was thinking this was a much longer comic than the one you linked. What am I confusing it with?

The one I'm thinking of was a girl with a sword casually destroying a bunch of monsters in a similar art style, but the linked webcomic stops not long after the panels you posted.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Wade Wilson posted:

For some reason I was thinking this was a much longer comic than the one you linked. What am I confusing it with?

The one I'm thinking of was a girl with a sword casually destroying a bunch of monsters in a similar art style, but the linked webcomic stops not long after the panels you posted.

That initial comic about the monsters was just a short that got a lot of praise online. It's the basis for this new comic that he's working on (same character and setting).

He worked on it for a while with no updates, then announced that Image picked up the book. Still putting out pages as a webcomic, but will eventually be collected (maybe single issues, too?).

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Links to the mentioned test comics here and here, the second of which is the one I think you were thinking of Wade.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yeah, that's it.

I'm going to have to figure out how to subscribe to a comic when that one finally starts coming out in proper dead tree format.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Wade Wilson posted:

Yeah, that's it.

I'm going to have to figure out how to subscribe to a comic when that one finally starts coming out in proper dead tree format.

If you're near a comic store you can go in and put together a pull list. They'll put aside the comics you ask for so they don't sell out, then you can just go in and pick them up whenever you're passing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

If you're near a comic store you can go in and put together a pull list. They'll put aside the comics you ask for so they don't sell out, then you can just go in and pick them up whenever you're passing.

I think Image even have mail delivery options as well, if you order direct from them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Punisher: The Cell.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Say Nothing posted:

God, that's dumb. Once again, we cycle back around to Rorschach played straight.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

At least with Rorschach it was repeatedly shown that he'd fight dirty as hell to overcome physically superior opponents, even if it disfigured/tortured them to death in the process. This is somehow even harder to believe than Batman fighting a roided-up science ogre.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
"See that nigguy? He likes unlubricated anal sex. I hear he's going to try to kill you, which isn't related, but I wanted to establish that he's-"

*Punisher injures two guards and kills man based on 8 seconds worth of unsubstantiated rumor/sexual preferences/race*

Miller shows more self-awareness. Who wrote this rapey racism violencefest?!? *checks* Oh.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Say Nothing posted:

So... the most dangerous person on Rikers Island is a guy who assfucks people to death? :/

I knew there were guys with crappy superpowers out there but come on!

e: https://youtu.be/rNeV0hU3ZSY skip to 5.15

KayTee fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 24, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey Punisher, look out! Squeaky Pete is going to get ya!

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Isn't Squeaky Pete the seal from Sealab?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Nah, he was the old cowboy in Toy Story!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Discendo Vox posted:

*Punisher injures two guards and kills man based on 8 seconds worth of unsubstantiated rumor/sexual preferences/race*

Frank Castle aint no bitch

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PBS Newshour posted:

Hey Punisher, look out! Squeaky Pete is going to get ya!

Anyone else get this image of Frank Castle snickering and muttering, "Bueno?"

...no, just me? Okay then...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"This is the toughest guy in the prison Punisher, he is called Squeaky Clean Feet Pete, because he always makes sure to clean his feet."

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I imagine some SUPER EXTREME!!!!! version that is even more hard core, in which Frank hides a bear trap up his rear end and lets Squeaky Pete, um, do some squeakin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Flesh Forge posted:

I imagine some SUPER EXTREME!!!!! version that is even more hard core, in which Frank hides a bear trap up his rear end and lets Squeaky Pete, um, do some squeakin

So a bear trap as a bear trap?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PBS Newshour posted:

So a bear trap as a bear trap?

:golfclap:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Discendo Vox posted:

God, that's dumb. Once again, we cycle back around to Rorschach played straight.

It's amazing and I love it. The actual action isn't that good at all and the dialogue before it is cringy(although they are the bad guys so what they're saying is presented in a negative light) but the quip at the end does it for me. It reminds me of a Protomen song.

All you wounded, those of you who can, pick yourselves off the ground, hurry back, tell your leader YOU'LL NEED MORE MEN!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

My thoughts exactly. If only they could transplant that last line onto a page that isn't completely dumb in all other respects.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WickedHate posted:

It's amazing and I love it. The actual action isn't that good at all and the dialogue before it is cringy(although they are the bad guys so what they're saying is presented in a negative light) but the quip at the end does it for me. It reminds me of a Protomen song.

All you wounded, those of you who can, pick yourselves off the ground, hurry back, tell your leader YOU'LL NEED MORE MEN!

You should be ashamed for associating the Protomen with that loving schlock.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

And then be ashamed, but admittedly less so, for liking the Protomen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Garth Ennis is terrible.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Protomen are badass as hell and I got their cover album on cassette for Christmas. :colbert:

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 24, 2016

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

"See that nigguy? He likes unlubricated anal sex. I hear he's going to try to kill you, which isn't related, but I wanted to establish that he's-"

Miller shows more self-awareness. Who wrote this rapey racism violencefest?!? *checks* Oh.

When I was 16, stuff like this felt so badass
not the unlubricated anal sex, just the vaguely racist, hyper-violent displays of power/masculinity.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cabbit posted:

You should be ashamed for associating the Protomen with that loving schlock.

The Protomen should only be associated with classy things, like loving teenage groupies

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

team overhead smash posted:

This would be tricky because the nearest actual comic book selling store is about 40 miles away in a completely different direction from my usual work commute/social activity driving habits.

Gaz-L posted:

I think Image even have mail delivery options as well, if you order direct from them.

Probably going to just look into this.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Black Canary (the band) is fighting a monster made out of sound by playing music at it. It starts absorbing all the sound, so Black Canary (the woman) makes the fight physical.

Black Canary 7

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Uthor posted:

Black Canary (the band) is fighting a monster made out of sound by playing music at it. It starts absorbing all the sound, so Black Canary (the woman) makes the fight physical.

Black Canary 7
This is awesome and also would work in the good art thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I really need to start reading Black Canary.