Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

well is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

rantmo posted:

Speaking of necromancers (and not that reddit... thing) I've been running the minion necro build from scores and scores of pages ago but I'm really not sure which gear type I should be focusing on. I've been going mostly Vitality and/or Toughness and Condition Damage when I get to choose but I'm really kind of flying blind, though enjoying just tearing through the main story like nothing. What, ideally, should I be looking for?

If you want to focus on condition damage and toughness / vitality, Rabid stats and Carrion stats are pretty solid (and it sounds like you've already been choosing those). Having more vitality will increase your Life Force, so that's worth giving consideration to, and Toughness can mess with aggro in raids if that is something you are interested in. If you are more focused on building for condition damage and want to try and maximize on damage output, you could craft some Viper's gear or Sinister gear, but those are a bit on the expensive side and require farming map currency. Rampager's gear makes a decent hybrid set, but it doesn't quite measure up to Viper's or Sinister in terms of offensive capabilities. If you want to disregard condition damage, though, or try something new, you can always go for a power build too. You can take Valkyrie's gear for those if you prefer survivability as well as damage, because with Death Shroud / Reaper's Shroud, crit chance is basically always 100%. You also get a bigger Life Force pool out of the extra vitality too, so it's pretty neat.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

You could probably convert GOON to an erp guild and charge pubbies gold to join. I doubt gchat would even be noticeably affected.

As the asura licked away the last of the slaw, he readied himself, for now he would finally learn the nature of the dragon's cloaca.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Maximum damage stats on your gear is the standard for organized PvE.

In almost all cases this means Berserker or Assassin (Power/Precision/Ferocity) but there are some classes that can preferably use condition damage builds with Viper's and Sinister stat gear, which is expensive and a hassle to get, so don't worry about it. Power is your best friend though.

Healing Power is a trap stat, it usually has inconsistent scaling on abilities and only is sort of worth the investment in a few edge cases. As a Necromancer you already have a ton of health so Toughness is better for defense.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Cough, Charr, Love.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tabbed back into this, tyvm dreggon

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Maximum damage stats on your gear is the standard for organized PvE.

In almost all cases this means Berserker or Assassin (Power/Precision/Ferocity) but there are some classes that can preferably use condition damage builds with Viper's and Sinister stat gear, which is expensive and a hassle to get, so don't worry about it. Power is your best friend though.

Healing Power is a trap stat, it usually has inconsistent scaling on abilities and only is sort of worth the investment in a few edge cases. As a Necromancer you already have a ton of health so Toughness is better for defense.

Sinister ain't that hard to get.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
So I see that for this Friday's Guild Chat they're doing a preview of the balance changes. Isn't that exactly what they did last Friday though????
Were they saving the good changes for today?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Alteisen posted:

Sinister ain't that hard to get.

Yeah I guess it's only really the cost of getting crafting up to 400 and then the materials for the armor. Was mostly thinking of having to do the LS poo poo for asc sinister trinkets though.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

So I see that for this Friday's Guild Chat they're doing a preview of the balance changes. Isn't that exactly what they did last Friday though????
Were they saving the good changes for today?

Last time they were making it sound like they only went over a few of the changes specifically, it might be a full rundown this time.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Last time they were making it sound like they only went over a few of the changes specifically, it might be a full rundown this time.

I certainly hope so, since they previewed basically nothing and these quarterly balance patches are supposed to be (in their own words) "meant to shake up the meta".
I will probably quote my own post here on Tuesday or maybe even later today when they do the preview and it turns out that this post-expansion balance patch we've had to wait several months for is really small and doesn't actually change anything.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm excited to let my eyes glaze over after reading some piddly changelist before i go back to playing dragon's dogma

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Here's where I find out they are, in fact, killing my class.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

radiant retaliation: unchanged, still in game

condi thief: ignored, not a real build

revenant: nerfed, but in a way that makes the class less fun without actually reducing its power

elementalist: "nerfed" (actually a buff)

necro: bugged - supposed to receive nerf but numbers only went up

warrior: buffed

scion: class in path of exile. not related to gw2

ranger: uhhhhhhhh

mesmer: i dont know how to play these

warrior: buffed again

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Dreggon posted:

radiant retaliation: unchanged, still in game

condi thief: ignored, not a real build

revenant: nerfed, but in a way that makes the class less fun without actually reducing its power

elementalist: "nerfed" (actually a buff)

necro: bugged - supposed to receive nerf but numbers only went up

warrior: buffed

scion: class in path of exile. not related to gw2

ranger: uhhhhhhhh

mesmer: i dont know how to play these

warrior: buffed again

Pretty sure the scion is the only reason characters in GW2 have pants.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Could this be considered animal abuse?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hawk wing gliders in the gemstore yessss

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Good to see this is still relevant 2+ years later.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Bird Person posted:

I approve.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The fastest gem store purchase ever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ugh I was hoping these were fake when datamined but dulfy just posted, holy god drat these are ugly

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hawk wings own, outfits are ooooooogly

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

Hawk wings own, outfits are ooooooogly

They're literally just recoloured anime wings :shrug:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Hawk wings are much better looking than the dumb anime angel wings, but arguing about which pair of big stupid wings looks best is like arguing which color of vomit looks best splattered on your living room carpet.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

ugh I was hoping these were fake when datamined but dulfy just posted, holy god drat these are ugly

Owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4nS9IbT-uk

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Unlike the anime wings the hawk wings actually look like wings. :colbert:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Hawk wings are much better looking than the dumb anime angel wings, but arguing about which pair of big stupid wings looks best is like arguing which color of vomit looks best splattered on your living room carpet.

I think a nice pale yellow goes well with my walls

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

They're literally just recoloured anime wings :shrug:

The models are completely different :raise:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Finally I can finish my Harvey Birdman cosplay

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

that druid cosplay looks poo poo

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

the bat wings are the best wings because they're especially stiff and lovely looking

makes my illidan ripoff like like a real pro

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

that druid cosplay looks poo poo

They got inspired by blizzcon dressups

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I win. Get out.

edit: a proper screenshot

Lonk fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 22, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Thunderbro posted:

the bat wings are the best wings because they're especially stiff and lovely looking

makes my illidan ripoff like like a real pro

I'm a purist and therefore I use only the old school wings like the holographic dragon wings or tequatl wings. Small and terrible and constantly flapping.

Yeah, that's some vintage poo poo right there.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I just realized that HoT came out late october. The expansion kept my interest for two months, which for me also included classes and finals and a long vacation with very little internet. :sigh:

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Xun posted:

I just realized that HoT came out late october. The expansion kept my interest for two months, which for me also included classes and finals and a long vacation with very little internet. :sigh:

Beyond verdant brink, I've barely entered the other new zones. I've been into each one a couple times, but the only things that might compel me to go there are entirely blocked by the hassle.

For example, the adventures are mostly pretty cool... but getting to them through the huge morass of terrible that is the level design isn't worth it. If there were waypoints at or near the start to them, I'd do them more often. That, and having to have it be both (A) day and (B) opened via quest chain, means I can't reliably do them.

Another example was Mordremoth. I've wanted to try the Dragon's Stand meta multiple times, but whenever I go there the zone is deserted and whenever I ask in GChat everyone's all "nah, don't waste your time." :shrug:

I'm using Tempest just because it's so good, but I don't think the price of the expansion can be justified just by the elite spec.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 22, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Who the hell would tell you to not waste your time on dragon's stand when you've never done it? It's legit actually cool sorta. Get out and explore/play the zones. The mastery grind isn't bad to get the required poo poo if you do metas like verdant brink and dragon's stand.

Edit: don't bother with an empty map or one that is too close to ending, try and get a fresher map. You had bad luck getting a map, it isn't always empty.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For Dragon's Stand, look in LFG for taxis

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
10 minutes into this week's guild chat that is allegedly a preview of the balance changes and they haven't even discussed it. There is a lot of awkward rambling happening.

20 minutes in and nothing of value has been said. 5 minutes spent talking about a change to the order of options in the bag drop down menu that could've been covered in a single sentence and 15 minutes of painfully unrehearsed discussion about gliding in central tyria that did not tell us anything that hadn't already been said.

HUGE nerfs to wvw banners. Many skills are worse, the time it takes to regenerate your break bar (which made you effectively immune to CC) reduced from 15 seconds to 3, you can no longer use profession skills like continuum split.

Squads can put down markers so we've progressed to 2006 mmo technology.

Tybalt exists in stronghold and drops apples on people or something.

That's it, except for a showcase of the anet's worst beards.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 22, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

10 minutes into this week's guild chat that is allegedly a preview of the balance changes and they haven't even discussed it. There is a lot of awkward rambling happening.

This happens in every loving stream that they do. It's infuriating.

Edit: Yeah wow it's actually over. I thought there was supposed to be more balance stuff but nope. Nothing at all.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Hope the nerf to scribing is significant so a street lamp doesn't cost over 100g.

• Locked thread