Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, I missed this: "Politically incorrect" shouldn't be hyphenated, Branco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Thank you to Kilonum of the "Reasons Why I Hate Retail" thread for introducing me to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Verisimilidude posted:

I had a dream I went to a studio where they make the DBD comics. It was right next to a pretty rad candy shop.

You might want to see a professional about that.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

So, now that you've got that picture in your heads, thought about it, got migraines from trying to comprehend it, guess what? Time to learn what it's about!

Found on IMGUR, which is the only Image Search result for this piece!

http://imgur.com/P4NkgzZ

Title: This Is What a Feminist Sounds Like

Caption: The feminist reaction to the #Cologne new year's eve attacks on 2015/2016.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
So where are all the "weather cold = global warming is a lie" comics I am desperately waiting for? I would have expected at least a dozen by now.

edit: I bet over in DBD they are talking about cold weather, hard nipples, Obummer and libtards in between pictures of half naked flesh in the fuckbarn...

drat, never thought I would miss it.

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 22, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibogaine posted:

So where are all the "weather cold = global warming is a lie" comics I am desperately waiting for? I would have expected at least a dozen by now.

edit: I bet over in DBD they are talking about cold weather, hard nipples, Obummer and libtards in between pictures of half naked flesh in the fuckbarn...

You can still read it on his website you know.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ImpAtom posted:

You can still read it on his website you know.

I'm not giving his Web zone any hits. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like all the mainstream conservative cartoonists picked up the Republican memo that it's time to attack Trump with all they got.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

prefect posted:

I'm not giving his Web zone any hits. :colbert:

I assume someone still posts him in the bad webcomics thread if you're willing to wade through that

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

seiferguy posted:

Looks like all the mainstream conservative cartoonists picked up the Republican memo that it's time to attack Trump with all they got.

Yep, probably something like this.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

"Comically incorrect" is a pretty accurate description for Branco's toons tbh

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

memy posted:

I assume someone still posts him in the bad webcomics thread if you're willing to wade through that

Someone was, but they got chased out almost immediately. We've got too many webcomics squeezed in between the vintage print comics as it is.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The text in the bubble is from Leonard DiCaprio's Golden Globes acceptance speech. It kinda looks like Two Bulls is criticising the hypocrisy or something but the title of the cartoon is "The Revenant: DiCaprio Makes Sense". I haven't seen the movie, how does it treat Native Americans?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Oscars are a Bernie Sanders Rally?

Don't you have a loving editor to catch simple grammar mistakes?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mr Jaunts posted:

"Comically incorrect" is a pretty accurate description for Branco's toons tbh

It says all there is to about him that he thinks that's clever word play

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Met posted:

The Oscars are a Bernie Sanders Rally?

Don't you have a loving editor to catch simple grammar mistakes?
What's the grammar mistake here?

Anyways this is what Argentina actually believes. Thanks to the military history thread for this amazing thing.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

(A) Anybody with half a brain knows that Bernie Sanders has been one of the longest-fighting and most consistent civil rights activists in history.
(B) This is the concern trollingest thing I have literally seen in my life. I know this shitbird is part of the "There's no white Oscar problem!" crowd.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Conservatives hate Clinton so much, they'll even blame her shadow for being black. AGC

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Broken Loose posted:

(A) Anybody with half a brain knows that Bernie Sanders has been one of the longest-fighting and most consistent civil rights activists in history.

Bernie did get heckled by a Black Lives Matter person early on, and people have commented on his weakness (relative to Hillary) with minorities. Plus he's from Vermont, which is one of the whiter states.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ibogaine posted:

I've continued reading DBD on my own because I make bad choices, here's a summary of what you've missed:

Skye is currently dressing up as Sarah Palin to attract the attention of "alphas" and before that there was like a month long storyline(?) about Zed ranting about how he wouldn't help a woman who was being raped because of feminism or something and that white men need to be more appreciated. Also, waifu shot a pig.

That's it.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The bear :captainpop:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, waifu shot a pig.

I wondered how that "'animal' (implied to be an illegal immigrant) coming to attack Waifu and Jewish Waifu" plotline was going to end up. Good to see Muir still hates satisfying resolutions.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Has there been a "Its the economy, stupid" cartoon for this this election cycle?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Is anybody else bothered that Drunky Duck is interviewing the media as a concept? Like, the media is interviewing the media? He's not even the real "main stream media," he's what Tinsley believes the MSM to be (a left-wing news station that hired a right-wing duck because of Affirmative Action), and somehow the fictional left-wing news station is interviewing the concept of fictional left-wing news stations?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

prefect posted:

Bernie did get heckled by a Black Lives Matter person early on, and people have commented on his weakness (relative to Hillary) with minorities. Plus he's from Vermont, which is one of the whiter states.

There's a call center guy who works for polls in the repub primary thread that mentioned blacks will say they don't know who Bernie is than slam him later in the poll.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pththya-lyi posted:

I wondered how that "'animal' (implied to be an illegal immigrant) coming to attack Waifu and Jewish Waifu" plotline was going to end up. Good to see Muir still hates satisfying resolutions.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Shooting that pig really pissed off Obama because apparently the president has nothing better to do than spy on people in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and be upset when they do things. Also, they shot the pig with exploding ammo. Because it is totally necessary for the average citizen to be able to buy exploding ammo whenever they feel like it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Broken Loose posted:

Is anybody else bothered that Drunky Duck is interviewing the media as a concept? Like, the media is interviewing the media? He's not even the real "main stream media," he's what Tinsley believes the MSM to be (a left-wing news station that hired a right-wing duck because of Affirmative Action), and somehow the fictional left-wing news station is interviewing the concept of fictional left-wing news stations?

I noticed. It's about as lazy a strawman as possible and his "argument" is essentially "No, I'm not. You are!!". It's no surprise given what we know about his self awareness and dedication to the "truth". I never knew there was an actual story behind that his little drunk duck.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh, I forgot to mention: Shooting that pig really pissed off Obama because apparently the president has nothing better to do than spy on people in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and be upset when they do things. Also, they shot the pig with exploding ammo. Because it is totally necessary for the average citizen to be able to buy exploding ammo whenever they feel like it.

Good to know Muir's little fantasy world remains the same.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Has there been a "Its the economy, stupid" cartoon for this this election cycle?
I think there have been a few about the stock market and maybe "real unemployment." No "ECONOMY HUMMING" toons yet this cycle

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I've been negligent in my duties, so I have a BONUS DAY for you all that takes place in...

That's right! It's good ol' Chuck Asay! He was still active in 2008, after all, so why leave him out?

You'd think Huckabee would be Asay's dream candidate, but he is not spared.

I believe Asay would go on to do a similar cartoon in 2012.

Stay tuned this fall when McCain is suddenly the best candidate ever!

This was around the time the surge "worked" although probably closer to the tail end of it. It would be a popular point of the right until the economy blew up.

Uninformed voters! It wasn't quite a meme yet, but here it is. Yeah, those silly uninformed kids thinking ahead to when they'll be old and in need of health care.

Obama is good.

Again, the MLK follies as mentioned last weekend.

Note the framed picture of Reagan.

The primary schedule, if I recall, was tremendously hosed up with states holding earlier primaries in order to get some delicious media attention.

Many expected Rudy to have a pretty solid shot at the nomination due to his 9/11 popularity. But both because it was nearly seven years after his star had risen and a variety of other reasons (I think some affairs? It's hard to keep track) his campaign was mostly a bust.

Bill made remarks that Jackson had also won primaries in South Carolina but ultimately lost the primary. Jackson didn't seem to mind, but it's another example of an increasingly desperate Clinton camp stepping on its own feet in an attempt to stop Obama's ascension.

Edwards may have not run a strong campaign, but I think even today people remember his Two Americas thing.

BONUS!
As a rule of thumb, I try to avoid non-election cartoons to keep this short, but I could help but go :allears: at "Why are they suddenly interested in the economy???"

THIS WEEKEND: I think we'll take a break and look at some of the left-wingers. I'm thinking Bennett, Rall, and a very special guest.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

TheTatteredKing posted:

There's a call center guy who works for polls in the repub primary thread that mentioned blacks will say they don't know who Bernie is than slam him later in the poll.

And when asked by other posters, confirmed that it was mostly because Bernie is jewish

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Rorus Raz posted:

THIS WEEKEND: I think we'll take a break and look at some of the left-wingers. I'm thinking Bennett, Rall, and a very special guest.

When I see the words left-winger and special, I get nervous.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

(B) This is the concern trollingest thing I have literally seen in my life. I know this shitbird is part of the "There's no white Oscar problem!" crowd.

What is "concern trolling?" I've seen this phrase a lot recently but I'm not sure what it means.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rorus Raz posted:

Again, the MLK follies as mentioned last weekend.

Why is Hillary a "black female" in her dream?

Sagebrush posted:

What is "concern trolling?" I've seen this phrase a lot recently but I'm not sure what it means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Concern_troll

The way it's used on this forum is more specifically claiming to be concerned about something so as to shut up people who are genuinely concerned about something else. E.g., "why do you want gay marriage in America, if you like the gays so much why don't you think it's more important to bomb the towelheads who are tossing gays from tall buildings?"

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 22, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cat Mattress posted:

Why is Hillary a "black female" in her dream?

I'm not sure if it was jokingly by Republicans or endearingly by tone-deaf Democrats but a bunch of people called Bill the first black president because he actually did things to fight racism

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Wapole Languray posted:

Crossposting from the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thread, a Politoon brought to us by horrid shithead Sargon Of Akkad.

Took about ten seconds of squinting to realise it was INTERSECTIONALISM that was to blame. Wait, what?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm not sure if it was jokingly by Republicans or endearingly by tone-deaf Democrats but a bunch of people called Bill the first black president because he actually did things to fight racism

Toni Morrison called him the first black president because of the way he was treated as illegitimate and how his personal life got him impeached. It was not a compliment. :(

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Sagebrush posted:

You know all those cartoons McCoy and Lester do about how if BlackLivesMatter really cared, they do something about how Planned Parenthood is committing genocide against black people? That's concern trolling. It's A. diverting attention from a real issue, B. offering up something the speaker doesn't like as a new target (and isn't true), and C. isn't something the speaker cared about anyway (in this case, black lives).

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Get away with what? Saving some poor bastard's life?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Hitler B. Natural posted:

If they keep fixing Humpty Dumpty, how will the US ever make an omelette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hitler B. Natural posted:

It used to be

• Locked thread