Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Imgur gifv embeds don't seem to be working consistently in the latest beta. See for example the last page of the schadenfreude thread, where the one with the birds fighting over the fish just stays at the big triangle in a circle; tapping on it just brings up the usual image context menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

hooah posted:

Imgur gifv embeds don't seem to be working consistently in the latest beta. See for example the last page of the schadenfreude thread, where the one with the birds fighting over the fish just stays at the big triangle in a circle; tapping on it just brings up the usual image context menu.

That's a gif. Welcome to the future :)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sereri posted:

That's a gif. Welcome to the future :)

Shouldn't a gif play then? Why is it showing the webm interface?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

hooah posted:

Shouldn't a gif play then? Why is it showing the webm interface?

Oh wait, you're right. :doh:

The image menu shows because the app thinks it's a gif (".gifv" does contain ". gif" I guess). Have to change that.

It's possible the video doesn't load because the app itself scrolls to the newest post, and this doesn't count to trigger the event that's resumes videos in view. Does it work for you if you scroll a bit up and down?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sereri posted:

Oh wait, you're right. :doh:

The image menu shows because the app thinks it's a gif (".gifv" does contain ". gif" I guess). Have to change that.

It's possible the video doesn't load because the app itself scrolls to the newest post, and this doesn't count to trigger the event that's resumes videos in view. Does it work for you if you scroll a bit up and down?

It doesn't, although before I marked the previous post as the last read, it was loading fine.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Weird, works for me™

Did anyone's forum tags disappear on refresh? ZDR messed with the url and it confuses the library tasked with fetching the images.
Just checking so I'm not fixing something happening just to me.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Sereri posted:

Weird, works for me™

Did anyone's forum tags disappear on refresh? ZDR messed with the url and it confuses the library tasked with fetching the images.

Yep, mine are gone too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sereri posted:

Weird, works for me™

Yep, gone for me as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sereri posted:

Weird, works for me™

same

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sereri posted:

Weird, works for me™

Confirmed, first noticed this morning so about 12 hours ago.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Yeah same issue here. I don't really mind but it does look odd with just the forums list and no icons. Started for me last night.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Has anyone see weird behavior wrt to search? I'd love to push it out but with the usual low feedback I'm worried people will ban themselves using it or something.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
submission of the forgotten tab:
Sorry if this belongs in the beta thread, I'll move it there if needed.

REDpos.dark.css is my quick and dirty edit for OLED use on movie night or dark room work etc (with obvious YOSpos artifacts), like SkyMap's night mode for the forums. I used .dark since I don't know whether the custom folder works for stock theme overrides.

code:
.passive {
color:#5e5e5e;
}

a {
color:#F00;
}

body {
background-color:#000;
font-family: userselected, 'consolas', monaco, monospace;
font-size:0.9em;
}

div.avatar {
position:relative;
display: table-cell;
vertical-align: middle;
text-align: center;
max-width:50px;
max-height:50px;
}

div.avatar img, div.avatar canvas{
}

div.avatar-cell {
float:left;
margin-right:10px;
position:relative;
}

div.avatar.extended {
max-width:100px;
max-height:100px;
}

div.avatar.extended img, div.avatar.extended canvas{
}

div.avatar-cell.extended {
}

article {
margin:10px 5px;
padding:15px;
border: 1px solid #F00;
}

article.read {
background-color:#100000;
}

article.op {
background-color:#201000;
}

article.marked {
background-color:#252500;
}

article.self {
background-color:#303000;
}

article.toggleread, article#taptorefresh {
text-align: center;
padding:5px;
}

section.postcontent {
word-wrap: break-word;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-block {
border-left:2px solid #F00;
margin:5px 0;
padding:5px 10px 5px 20px;
}

section.postcontent .self {
background-color: #303000;
}

section.postcontent .usernameHighlight {
color: #F00;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-block h4 {
font-style:italic;
margin:2px 0 5px;
}

section.postcontent blockquote {
margin:0;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-block.code, section.postcontent pre{
overflow: auto;
word-wrap: normal;
}

section.postcontent img, section.postcontent iframe{
max-width: 100% !important;
}

section.postcontent img.timg{
border: 2px solid #F00;
width: 20%;
}

section.postcontent .editedby {
font-style:italic;
font-size: 0.7em;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler{
background-color: black;
color: transparent;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 9px rgb(255, 50, 50);
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler * {
visibility: hidden;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled {
background-color: transparent;
color: #F00;
box-shadow: none;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled * {
visibility: visible;
}

section.postcontent .signature {
border-top: 2px solid #F00;
padding-top: 10px;
}

header {
vertical-align:top;
clear:left;
overflow:hidden;
border:0;
border-bottom:2px solid #F00;
margin:0 0 10px;
padding:0 0 10px;
}

section.postinfo {
font-size:1.1em;
float:left;
width:90%;
overflow:hidden;
display:inline-block;
}

aside.postinfo-poster img {
height: 1em;
}

time.postinfo-postdate,time.postinfo-regdate,aside.postinfo-title {
font-size:0.85em;
}

time.postinfo-postdate,time.postinfo-regdate {
font-style: italic;
}
time.postinfo-regdate,aside.postinfo-title {
display:none;
}

time.postinfo-regdate.extended,aside.postinfo-title.extended {
display:block;
}

nav.postmenu {
float:right;
font-weight:bolder;
font-size:1.5em;
width:10px;
height:30px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-size:15px 30px;
background-image:url(file:///android_asset/images/ic_menu_overflow_yps.png);
padding:0 5px 0 0;
}

ul.postoptions {
height:35px;
display:none;
padding-left:15px;
margin:-11px -15px 5px;
}

ul.postoptions .edit {
background-image:url(file:///android_asset/images/ic_menu_edit.png);
}

ul.postoptions .lastread {
background-image:url(file:///android_asset/images/ic_menu_lastread.png);
}

ul.postoptions .more {
background-image:url(file:///android_asset/images/ic_menu_more.png);
}

ul.postoptions .quote {
background-image:url(file:///android_asset/images/ic_menu_quote.png);
}

ul.postoptions li {
float:right;
margin-right:5px;
height:15px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:left top;
background-size:30px 30px;
padding:10px 0 10px 30px;
list-style-type: none;
}

ul.postoptions.extended {
display:block;
}
The others would be based on 99FC00 and F2F2F2, with similarly subtler background tinting for OP/read/self posts. Maybe I could do an ICS-holoblue one since 33B5E5 wasn't harsh on the eyes.

This all reminds me: is there some simple way to make a universal .pos template with a user-defined prime color? I remember the app's early incarnations with the granular user-defined color hex options (looking back, that's the topic of my first post in this thread), is that not worthwhile on the programming side? Seems like light+dark+pos templates with custom colors and an export/import feature would put an end to theme sperging.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Sereri posted:

Has anyone see weird behavior wrt to search? I'd love to push it out but with the usual low feedback I'm worried people will ban themselves using it or something.

Search works perfectly fine, used it a few times already, thanks for that! If it's possible I would love to see an option to return back your search after you opened one of the results, though.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Ive been havin problems with embedded videos the past few months over two phones. On my old phone (lg lucid 2, 4.1.2) embedded vids worked fine then one day they started only playing the sound and not displaying video.
Then i got a galaxy s6(5.1.1) and embedded videos just never load at all after i hit play.
Any ideas/suggestions about what could be goin on?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

sweart gliwere posted:

submission of the forgotten tab:

REDpos.dark.css is my quick and dirty edit for OLED use on movie night or dark room work etc (with obvious YOSpos artifacts), like SkyMap's night mode for the forums. I used .dark since I don't know whether the custom folder works for stock theme overrides.
Seems alright, just edit the icons, put them into /afwul/ and link them in the css ( either as './image.png' or just 'image.png')
for example:
[code]
background-image:url(ic_menu_lastread_red.png);
[code]

sweart gliwere posted:

This all reminds me: is there some simple way to make a universal .pos template with a user-defined prime color? I remember the app's early incarnations with the granular user-defined color hex options (looking back, that's the topic of my first post in this thread), is that not worthwhile on the programming side? Seems like light+dark+pos templates with custom colors and an export/import feature would put an end to theme sperging.
I don't think there's an easy way currently.

AfroGunsou posted:

Ive been havin problems with embedded videos the past few months over two phones. On my old phone (lg lucid 2, 4.1.2) embedded vids worked fine then one day they started only playing the sound and not displaying video.
Then i got a galaxy s6(5.1.1) and embedded videos just never load at all after i hit play.
Any ideas/suggestions about what could be goin on?

The only thing I could think of: Do you have hardware acceleration enabled? I don't think videos work without it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The app constantly crashes for me when viewing image heavy thread. I also have no forum icons.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Sereri posted:

The only thing I could think of: Do you have hardware acceleration enabled? I don't think videos work without it.

That was it, thanks. Not sure why i had it off in the first place

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Golem II posted:

The app constantly crashes for me when viewing image heavy thread. I also have no forum icons.

Try reducing the number of posts per page in settings.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sometimes when I open the app this happens:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I brought that up a little while back. Apparently some people have that happen in e.g. Nova Launcher as well, so it's likely something with Android, although Awful is the only app I've ever seen that happen to.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
threads aren't displaying when i view them in awful app. i'll select a thread and the blue loading bar at the top runs its course, but no posts are displayed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

threads aren't displaying when i view them in awful app. i'll select a thread and the blue loading bar at the top runs its course, but no posts are displayed.

That happens to me every once in a while and I've never figured out what triggers it though registering two taps very quickly may be related. Shut down the app and restart it and it will be back to normal.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

it's working now after restarting the app. i remember accidentally tapping an image in a thread while trying to scroll, could that be a cause?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

it's working now after restarting the app. i remember accidentally tapping an image in a thread while trying to scroll, could that be a cause?

Usually when I get that hang it's after I double tap a thread or tap two threads within a quarter second. Doesn't seem to be consistent though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is there any way to have the gifv/webm's load up so I can see what it is without having them autoplay? Like how youtube embeds work?

E: I'm guessing no, but it never hurts to ask right?

site fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 27, 2016

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

while i am here, can we get tweet embedding? a lot of posts are just a twit link now.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's already in, just turned off by default. Settings > Posts > Embed tweets

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Looks like there's one for gifv/webm as well. Thanks Team Barry!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Aleph Null posted:

Try reducing the number of posts per page in settings.

Nope didn't work still crashes.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Kassad posted:

oh poo poo, i didnt know this and gifv were in those options. this app continues to kick rear end.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kassad posted:

Is repeatedly switching back and forth between the embedded tweet and the twitter link the "graphical glitch" referred to in the settings? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Galaxy S4 running rooted 4.4.2

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Golem II posted:

Golem II posted:

Nope didn't work still crashes.
If you have the default theme enabled please give it a try with the dark theme instead. If not, well have you tried less posts per page? Also try the Imgur thumbnail setting in image settings.

Party Boat posted:

Is repeatedly switching back and forth between the embedded tweet and the twitter link the "graphical glitch" referred to in the settings? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Galaxy S4 running rooted 4.4.2
Well, I guess. It's mostly a 'use at your own risk' type of thing. Does it happen with every tweet or just in a specific thread (/page)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Still can't make a thread. What the deuce?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The "deuce" is no one but you cares. If you want it so much, learn how to contribute and do so.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sereri posted:

Well, I guess. It's mostly a 'use at your own risk' type of thing. Does it happen with every tweet or just in a specific thread (/page)

It's on every page I've tried it on, it's not a big deal but I just wanted to see if there was an easy fix I'd somehow missed. Twitter app is up to date on my phone if that makes a difference.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

hooah posted:

The "deuce" is no one but you cares. If you want it so much, learn how to contribute and do so.

I want to make threads

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quit posting in fyad and I'll consider adding it.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I don't want to make threads with this app. And I don't want to read threads/OPs started by people typing on a tiny screen.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Midjack posted:

Quit posting in fyad and I'll consider adding it.

What's this got to do with anything.