Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I don't have to personally interact with either of them and Ray Rice is a better running back so I don't personally care.

What if he punched your mom, Ross? What then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Arizona is cool because Desert Football is second only to Snow Football.

If they actually like, played in the desert maybe. It's just a big ol air conditioned dome

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fenrir posted:

It's convenient when you can have one guy be both the GM and the mascot... or as it used to be, the QB and mascot.

Much like with Jerry West and the NBA Logo, Denver used Elway's likening for the Broncos logo.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Febreeze posted:

If they actually like, played in the desert maybe. It's just a big ol air conditioned dome

Brother, you never went and sat at Sun Devil Stadium on bleachers that were like 130 degrees and cheered for Jake the Snake and a whole lot of garbage. I will take the new stadium any day of the week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

Brother, you never went and sat at Sun Devil Stadium on bleachers that were like 130 degrees and cheered for Jake the Snake and a whole lot of garbage. I will take the new stadium any day of the week.

People who complain about a stadium not being outdoors rarely are the ones that go to the games where they want the elements to play a factor.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

The physical land is amazing, but The State, yeah.

(free baja arizona)

Yea, that's a better way to put it.

(what now?)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

People who complain about a stadium not being outdoors rarely are the ones that go to the games where they want the elements to play a factor.

I'm all for snow football but who cares about heat? It doesn't add anything interesting and just makes everyone ridiculously miserable.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Febreeze posted:

If the Cardinals win, I will draw Bruce Arians beating Riverboat Ron in poker.

Please introduce Uproxx to a Johnny Five-Aces reference if this happens.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

IcePhoenix posted:

The Edward Jones Dome was an awful experience and I would've loved for Rams games to have been outside.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

IcePhoenix posted:

Outdoor games own, in my opinion.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ross Angeles posted:

Outdoor games own, in my opinion.

From the guy that whines about ANY weather.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

(what now?)

a fictitious movement after SB1070 passed

http://www.bandersnatch.com/bajaz.htm

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

IcePhoenix posted:

Maybe football shouldn't be played in certain areas then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fenrir posted:

It's convenient when you can have one guy be both the GM and the mascot... or as it used to be, the QB and mascot.

I wish he could be all three

yes, this forever and ever

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 21, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

old dog child posted:

I wish he could be all three

yes, this forever and ever

this is salve that soothes the wound of losing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JRizzle posted:

The Edward Jones Dome was an awful experience and I would've loved for Rams games to have been outside.

Why did St Louis build a dome anyway? The weather doesn't get any worse than KC or Chicago.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Because one of the standard ways of tricking communities to build billionaires a stadium is to make them multi purpose and usable year round. The economic impact increases so much how can they say no???

e: also, if I remember correctly, the built the Edward James Dome without the promise of a team but to convince a team to move to St. Louis, so it needed to have a purpose besides football.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 21, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Russ talks to God

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/god-and-russell-wilson/

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CannonFodder posted:

Why did St Louis build a dome anyway? The weather doesn't get any worse than KC or Chicago.
I've always assumed it was for a chance to host a Super Bowl

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's true. 90% of the people in boca and boynton are New York Jewish people who are insanely racist to everyone

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's true. 90% of the people in boca and boynton are New York Jewish people who are insanely racist to everyone

Try Bradford county. :smith:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I've always assumed it was for a chance to host a Super Bowl

That consideration never happened for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure Paul Tagliabue just hated the idea that St. Louis had a football team again.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WHOOPS posted:

e: also, if I remember correctly, the built the Edward James Dome without the promise of a team but to convince a team to move to St. Louis, so it needed to have a purpose besides football.
That's a good point that I didn't know about. Thanks

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*in the style of Jay-Z's lucifer*

drat Febreezy, you did it again

http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-teams-as-wrestlers/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ric Flair as not the team in Charlotte seems wrong.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I for one am glad that my team is represented by the Cerebral Assassin, the king of kings, the game, the Asskicker, the savior of WWE, Triple "NXT Paul" H

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, the Jags are the Iron Shiek.

They will break Luck's back then humble him the old country way.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

IcePhoenix posted:

Ric Flair as not the team in Charlotte seems wrong.

I know! Just ludicrous.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I think we've all been outfarted http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/21/10807646/nfl-video-carolina-panthers-music-video

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If I've ever felt sorry for the Lions, it's because you gave them the Shockmaster

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Very appropriate selection for the Browns.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I didn't really come up with any of the matches, the Wrestling editor pretty much gave me my choices

Because I never watched wrestling and thought it was stupid

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Febreeze posted:

I didn't really come up with any of the matches, the Wrestling editor pretty much gave me my choices

Boo this man.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Smdh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Febreeze posted:

Tell the wrestling editor the internet said he's dumb for including flair as not the panthers

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*in the style of Jay-Z's lucifer*

drat Febreezy, you did it again

http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-teams-as-wrestlers/

Hulk Hogan really should have been the Packers tbh, given that the Superbowl trophy is named after Lombardi and THEY ALWAYS WIN NO MATTER HOW SICK I AM OF THEM! :argh:

EDIT: Also while I think your choices are good, I'd have instinctively made the Bears C.M. Punk because he literally has Chicago's flag on his briefs. As for San Francisco, I'd go with Goldust, for obvious reasons.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 22, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TATANKA

BUFFALO

It's perfect.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

I came here to praise you, now you've turned heel on me. *throws chair into the ring*

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i guess that makes sense since there was some deep fake wrestle mans knowledge there

as new day would say, SHAME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

There was a moment where I was like "Oh man febreeze is a secret wrestling nerd too? He knows about x-pac heat?" and then I read the intro where it said the WithSpandex guys came up with it :smith:

• Locked thread