Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Tracula posted:

poo poo. In Wisconsin you can't buy booze after 9pm which can be supremely annoying sometimes.

Leave Milwaukee county :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Carolinas are like that. No liquor except at ABC stores which close at 7. Really bizarre change from going to undergrad in Indiana where I could (and did) buy booze at 2AM at a CVS (except Sundays).

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
In Oregon, you can buy beer and wine at the local corner shops and grocery stores, but liquor is sold only at liquor stores. They all close at 9:00. I believe there's limits on when you can purchase wine and beer (like after noon on Sundays). I don't know for sure, I haven't tried to buy beer before noon. Clearly I am not partying enough. But hey, we have legal marijuana! :toot:

This gets posted on Imgur about once a week:

It's not even clever. I'm not condoning the girl who put the tape on her mouth, but for gently caress's sake, putting the Spongebob image on the bottom is just incredibly lovely. OOH OH MY GOD THIS GUY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT REVERSE RACISM THAT MAKES WHITE PEOPLE NOT SO BAD!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
My home county (rural Illinois) doesn't have a blue law but the city itself does. If you want to buy on Sunday, you have to drive outside city limits.

If you're thinking, "That's dumb. How is a parochial law still on the books in a blue state," the answer is that because they are elected officials, no city councilman will support a measure to repeal the law, because he'd lose all the votes he gets from various congregations that support him/are in his district. Religion is still super important in the rural Midwest, blue state or not.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha :wtc: good to see the US aren't strangely puritanical only about good ol' sex.

(please tell me all these counties have 24/7 drive through gun stores :allears:)

America is a weird place. A single nipple on public TV causes a national outrage but you could put a show on TV that was literally just a guy shooting other guys for half an hour and it'd be "meh, just don't put it on a kid's channel."

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you guys not have 7-11 stores? Just buy booze there 24/7.

In some states (PA is the worst for this) there are heavy restrictions on who can and can't sell booze. Here you can only buy booze from booze-specific stores and there are limits on how many of those can actually exist in a county. Liquor and wine stores are owned by the state.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

My home county (rural Illinois) doesn't have a blue law but the city itself does. If you want to buy on Sunday, you have to drive outside city limits.

Heh, my home county is just the opposite. The county is dry, but the (only) town is not. If you want any alcohol, you have to drive into town. There are a few small convenience stores out in the county for your chips-n-salsa emergencies, but they aren't allowed to even sell beer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
IDK I think the "White People Lips" girl is just ridiculous enough to be funny. Getting upset about it seems immature for the guy claiming 'reverse racism'

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mouse Dresser posted:

In Oregon, you can buy beer and wine at the local corner shops and grocery stores, but liquor is sold only at liquor stores. They all close at 9:00. I believe there's limits on when you can purchase wine and beer (like after noon on Sundays). I don't know for sure, I haven't tried to buy beer before noon. Clearly I am not partying enough. But hey, we have legal marijuana! :toot:

This gets posted on Imgur about once a week:

It's not even clever. I'm not condoning the girl who put the tape on her mouth, but for gently caress's sake, putting the Spongebob image on the bottom is just incredibly lovely. OOH OH MY GOD THIS GUY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT REVERSE RACISM THAT MAKES WHITE PEOPLE NOT SO BAD!

It was said by a black man so its okay! Plus punching up is always acceptable in comedy, as is punching sideways, but never punching down.

In Canada, we have province run Liquor stores and then brewery owned Beer Stores. The Liquor stores/commissions are open as late as 11 in some areas. They stock a huge variety of stuff, including microbrews and imports, though it varies from store to store. Like the one closest to me sells a lot of wine, but we're in a fancy white people part of the city. If I go to the next one is mostly hard liquor and beer. One downtown was primarily white girl drinks and other college aged stuff (becuase that's where the Universities are). The Beer Stores are owned by the major breweries so it only stocks their brands, and its like going to a soup kitchen. You stand in line, and when you get to the cashier they call out what you want over a loud speaker. Their choices are limited and are almost always out of anything interesting. There's people who want to get rid of the LCs but I think if that happened the big breweries and distillers would just force all the smaller brands out.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
One of the previous images posted had the top comment saying 'as a black man, I agree'. Every time, people fall over each other to upvote those comments, since it's not racist then, guys!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think most places that close on Sundays continue to have those laws in part because of the store owners. I know my friend who owns a store lobbies against it while not being religious.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

PA's changing things up, but the basic laws are that you can only buy a case of beer from specially-licensed distributors (these guys only sell cases), and six packs can only be bought from bars (though that's changed to certain supermarkets now). Liquor and wine can only be bought from state liquor stores or from the distillery/winery or their personal vendors. The stated idea was that they wanted to keep monopolies from showing up in the old days.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

mng posted:

One of the previous images posted had the top comment saying 'as a black man, I agree'. Every time, people fall over each other to upvote those comments, since it's not racist then, guys!

Guy probably isn't actually black, just mining upvotes.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

It was said by a black man so its okay! Plus punching up is always acceptable in comedy, as is punching sideways, but never punching down.

In Canada, we have province run Liquor stores and then brewery owned Beer Stores. The Liquor stores/commissions are open as late as 11 in some areas. They stock a huge variety of stuff, including microbrews and imports, though it varies from store to store. Like the one closest to me sells a lot of wine, but we're in a fancy white people part of the city. If I go to the next one is mostly hard liquor and beer. One downtown was primarily white girl drinks and other college aged stuff (becuase that's where the Universities are). The Beer Stores are owned by the major breweries so it only stocks their brands, and its like going to a soup kitchen. You stand in line, and when you get to the cashier they call out what you want over a loud speaker. Their choices are limited and are almost always out of anything interesting. There's people who want to get rid of the LCs but I think if that happened the big breweries and distillers would just force all the smaller brands out.

Pretty sure that's just Ontario, enlightened provinces like Quebec let you do whatever. Also you forgot Wine Rack, which is just wine and maybe some bad cider.

Also we're getting beer at a limited number of grocery stores on a trial basis! Except none of the stores are in downtown Toronto, RIP.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How did this conversation start?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Hazo posted:

The Carolinas are like that. No liquor except at ABC stores which close at 7. Really bizarre change from going to undergrad in Indiana where I could (and did) buy booze at 2AM at a CVS (except Sundays).

Here in Charlotte it's 9pm. Where on earth is it still 7?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
Ask me about US alcohol laws.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

There's people who want to get rid of the LCs but I think if that happened the big breweries and distillers would just force all the smaller brands out.

What? Why? You can already buy alcohol from places other than LCs - e.g. in Halifax you can buy your beer from Propeller directly, beer is sold in some grocery stores in Ontario, beer and wine are sold all over the drat place in Québec and independent wine retailers (regulated by the liquor control boards but independent businesses) exist in at least four provinces that I can think of. Between this and your explanation of the Sunday shopping controversy (I also am from Nova Scotia), I think you might be a little confused about how some of this stuff works. I'm no expert but I think you're missing some pieces here.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Palisader posted:

Here in Charlotte it's 9pm. Where on earth is it still 7?
Here in SC :smith:. When I lived up in Oriental it was 7 but maybe they changed it in the last few years?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
lol the US

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

What's this? Oh, just some random wank gallery about a female celebrity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/AmrmJ

Hold on...

quote:

Load remaining 251 images

:stare:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

mng posted:

lol the US

Totally. Where's this freedom they're always talking about? Liquor stores here can be open until 2 am everyday.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

C.P.A.N. posted:

Leave Milwaukee county :ssh:

Is that just Milwaukee? Huh. Always thought it was the entire state.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Perestroika posted:

What's this? Oh, just some random wank gallery about a female celebrity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/AmrmJ

Hold on...

:stare:
Almost every imgur post about this chick has a) some white night nerd going "Uh actually guise it's NOT A SMIRK, she wants everyone to know she has an asymmetrical face, you'd know if you read her AMA on reddit :smugdog:" and b) some furry mentioning Lola Rabbit from Space Jam.

Amazingly I only found one of these and it was in the bad comments. Most people are just marveling over how creepily huge the album is. Good job imgur I guess?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gaunab posted:

How did this conversation start?

twistedmentat posted:

Don't worry, Canadian provinces are conservative shitholes outside of the big cities. just the majority of the population lives in cities. Where I grew up they only got Sunday shopping less than a decade ago because the hicks claimed that it would destroy families, lead to divorce and all kinds of other sins. Wtf?

I love when people have been marginalized and locked out of pretty much everything set up their own versions and the people that locked them out go "hey, why you gotta exclude us???".

snergle posted:

I live in a county where its illegal to buy booze on sunday. Except superbowl sunday. I don't leave my house on sunday because like 99% of the population is out shopping after church or meeting their friends at a restraunt or something and I don't like crowds. If they didn't get that weekly moment of joy I shutter to think how much worse this poo poo hole would be.

Why isn't there White entertainment :suicide:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
http://imgur.com/gallery/griSxun

quote:

insjmb 483 points : 24 replies : 7 hours ago reply
Race, D+D,, repost, D+D, race, race, D+D, race, rear end, repost, D+D, race, repost, D+D, race, rear end, repost, race, race, D+D, repost, D+D...

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Hazo posted:

Here in SC :smith:. When I lived up in Oriental it was 7 but maybe they changed it in the last few years?

My condolences. You should visit NC to get some booze at the scandalously late hour of 9pm and enjoy our slightly nicer roads.

Fake edit:I'm rereading this and realized you probably don't live in SC anymore, but I'm too married to my poo poo joke to change it

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Tracula posted:

Is that just Milwaukee? Huh. Always thought it was the entire state.

I live on the border of Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. In Waukesha you can buy beer until midnight.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
http://imgur.com/gallery/L3Onv

Truly an unpopular opinion on Imgur :smugdog:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Tracula posted:

"Black people have it really easy actually, any black person will tell you that."

Sample size: one, probably made up.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Dogfish posted:

What? Why? You can already buy alcohol from places other than LCs - e.g. in Halifax you can buy your beer from Propeller directly, beer is sold in some grocery stores in Ontario, beer and wine are sold all over the drat place in Québec and independent wine retailers (regulated by the liquor control boards but independent businesses) exist in at least four provinces that I can think of. Between this and your explanation of the Sunday shopping controversy (I also am from Nova Scotia), I think you might be a little confused about how some of this stuff works. I'm no expert but I think you're missing some pieces here.

Beer isn't available in groceries here yet, as far as I am aware. It took Kathleen Wynne this long to remove the puritan stick from her rear end to allow three or four Metros to sell beer sometimes, maybe, and I think she's planning to stagger it. This is the same woman who wants to ban vaporizers because some gobbledegook about how she'd be super upset about being in a movie theatre and someone might vape pot near her.

Tracula posted:

Oh god

RACISM IS OVER

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

cash crab posted:

Oh god

RACISM IS OVER

No no. Racism is much alive. It has merely switched from the White team to the Black team.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

No no. Racism is much alive. It has merely switched from the White team to the Black team.

It's pretty great how bigots have taken the "people can't be racist to white people" thing and turned it into "white people can't be racist ever, but every other race is racist to white people"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/tClMoPe
http://imgur.com/gallery/u1G1a
http://imgur.com/gallery/griSxun
http://imgur.com/gallery/OV6qLR1
http://imgur.com/gallery/5hNenSM
http://imgur.com/gallery/8JbddD4

If you are black, you are not welcome on Imgur.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

cash crab posted:

Beer isn't available in groceries here yet, as far as I am aware. It took Kathleen Wynne this long to remove the puritan stick from her rear end to allow three or four Metros to sell beer sometimes, maybe, and I think she's planning to stagger it. This is the same woman who wants to ban vaporizers because some gobbledegook about how she'd be super upset about being in a movie theatre and someone might vape pot near her.

There's beer at my grocery store (in Ottawa) and it was supposed to be rolled out to all the 50-odd stores that will be carrying it as of December 15th.

Also, Kathleen Wynne and I often disagree, but I would also be super upset if I was in a movie theatre and someone was vaping near me because I have never seen someone vape in an indoor space and not be a complete rear end in a top hat about it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a jewish person let me tell you about Hitler's humanity

http://imgur.com/gallery/Fk8xaZj

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mans posted:

This is the second time in a few weeks someone posted a picture of Hitler doing mundane things and acting like it's some big revelation that monstrous dictators are people too.

Like whoa man, any one of us could be Hitler :350:

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Jan 23, 2016

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Good chance for imgur posters.

Hates minorities: check
Wishes violence against them: check
Terrible sense of humor: check

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mans posted:

I love how people only remember jewish and maybe gay people. he decimated the roma population as badly as he did the jewish population as well as sending any undesirable like downs / birth defect / mentally unstable person to the camps but its cool he liked dogs and held some little girls hand all is fine.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
No don't you understand, Hitler was a good man who got a little ahead of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

snergle posted:

I love how people only remember jewish and maybe gay people. he decimated the roma population as badly as he did the jewish population as well as sending any undesirable like downs / birth defect / mentally unstable person to the camps but its cool he liked dogs and held some little girls hand all is fine.

He also enjoyed killing gays, but it's ok because so did the Allied forces.

• Locked thread