Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

echronorian posted:

Kendrick upstages ye the whole time with a throw away verse but you can feel the effort

Only Jay Rock, Pusha, and Gunplay haven't been upstaged by Kendrick on a song with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Dexo posted:

Only Jay Rock, Pusha, and Gunplay haven't been upstaged by Kendrick on a song with him.

Tru

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Kanyewest.com has Mos Def just rambling about poo poo in South Africa, what the gently caress kanye just drop a sick beat

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
South Africa doesn't care about black people.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i thought kanye's verse was better than kendrick's overall. maybe not in terms of technical ability but his verses were more interested. it did seem like kdot was bracing himself a bit so as not to completely blow yeezy's serviceable-but-overall-kinda-mediocre flow out of the water

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

thathonkey posted:

i thought kanye's verse was better than kendrick's overall. maybe not in terms of technical ability but his verses were more interested. it did seem like kdot was bracing himself a bit so as not to completely blow yeezy's serviceable-but-overall-kinda-mediocre flow out of the water
Kanye was rambling, trying to create memes (good dick, I feel pablo), repeated half the rhymes, and took too long to say what? Ranting is 2013.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kanye's verse ain't bad but it needs major editing and is clearly just the first draft of what he wrote on the plane

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Track list is up for Swish on Twitter. Looks like we'll finally get a proper release of Wolves on the album.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I am somewhat amused he is referring to Swish as "the best album of all time". That's Yeezy for you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol it's only 10 tracks and no Only One or All Day

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have no idea what's going on with this album anymore. I thought Real Friends and No More Parties were just GOOD Friday-style tracks? I thought All Day was gonna be on the album? I :psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Only One I would have been surprised if it was on the Album. But I don't care bout those we already have CDQs of them.

Really loving want Wolves tho

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Why is No More Parties In LA on the album and why isn't I Feel Like That

no other complaints though.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CaptainYesterday posted:

I am somewhat amused he is referring to Swish as "the best album of all time". That's Yeezy for you.

To be honest his track record indicates it's probably true.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Escobarbarian posted:

lol it's only 10 tracks and no Only One or All Day

I can see Only One not fitting in properly, but why the hell is All Day not on the album...

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
I feel like we could be in for a deluxe edition situation with the other tracks not in the track list. Watch The Throne pulled that trick.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I'm pretty pumped to finally get Wolves but I can't believe No More Parties In LA is something he deems worthy of putting on the album

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah that's the strangest part to me. No More Parties makes sense as a pseudo-mixtape GOOD Fridays track, but putting it on the album when it consists almost entirely of Kendrick showing you up is like... Eh?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

obliriovrons posted:

I'm pretty pumped to finally get Wolves but I can't believe No More Parties In LA is something he deems worthy of putting on the album

The Good Friday songs that were on MBDTF were changed and upgraded for the Album version.

But shrug I like the song well enough.

Also it's not like Kanye hasn't been shown up on a song on his album before.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
People really think Kanye got shown up on that track? Kendrick's flow was better but Kanye had way more memorable bars.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I hope every song on Swish has a feature by a real rapper. I hope everyone hates on this album hard. I hope white people turn on kanye (maybe says something homophobic or anti-semantic). I hope he experiences a heap of racism, real or imagined. Then, he can go back to be old kanye. Kanye can't deal with success. He married to the most beautiful woman in the world lol, has 2 kids, successful shoes. He even got a male child before Jay-Z. But his music sucks. I think Rihanna kicked him off her album too.

Once again, praise Madlib for saving a rapper's career. This sample was used before but its cold. Madlib is low-key keeping Hip-Hop alive when he decides to make music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YACa9jmpmc0

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I hope Kanye has a happy & fulfilling life with his growing, loving family.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I too hope a man suffers in his personal and professional life so I can have a nice album to listen to.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

The Good Friday songs that were on MBDTF were changed and upgraded for the Album version.

Those songs had a few extra months to cook, though, right? This is, like, two weeks before the album drops, and he's rushing last-minute to write bars on a plane to a fashion meeting, which reminds me more of what we heard about the creative process during Yeezus, which is an album I don't really like at all.

The song would be a bit better if it weren't six minutes long, but for me it just kind of meanders on too long. Real Friends is solid, though, and the SNL performance of Wolves is solid, so I wouldn't be surprised if the album is mediocre with some decent tracks, which for me is pretty much par for the course for post-MBDTF Kanye.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Temple you're a weird loving dude.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

but i'm fuckin fuckin fuckin

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dexo posted:

But shrug I like the song well enough.

Also it's not like Kanye hasn't been shown up on a song on his album before.

Right, it's just that it's literally all the song consists of. It's not a bad song by any means and I'm not inherently opposed to it showing up on the album, it just seems like a weird inclusion mostly due to its pacing.

Swish will probably be a good album. I don't know if it's gonna be straight-up legendary like MBDTF and Yeezus, though, but I feel like I'd rather have a happy Kanye who makes not-mediocre-not-great-just-good music than a Kanye who makes masterpiece after masterpiece while being miserable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Things that make you say hmmmm

https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/691136106834755584

https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/691381584637726720

https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/691767355412709378

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/692083418083921921

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
If it's better than mbdtf I'll legit cry but no parties in la is on there so does not compute also see all of his recent verses.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
It's not physically possible for Kanye to make an album better than MBDTF.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

It's not physically possible for Kanye to make an album better than MBDTF.

:agreed:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm still looking forward to it but no loving way is it gonna be his best album. It can't be.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
New album premieres with Yeezy Season 3 at MSG and other theaters?

http://www2.cineworld.co.uk/whatson/kanye-west-season-3-swish

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/692161181562310656

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
🌊🌊🌊🌊 free max b 🌊🌊🌊🌊

temple
Jul 29, 2006

New album title, MEMES

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, that's such a Kanye move to pull :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/692175106286682112

Loooool

Swizz Beats bout to ruin this album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Added a song too Ultra Light Beam

• Locked thread