Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Basticle posted:

I have no idea what was causing it but firing a short burst from the minigun made my framerate drop from 60 to 40 and holding down the trigger made it get progressively lower until it hit about 15fps :wtc:

It's clogging your gpu with brass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

It's clogging your gpu with brass

It didnt do that before, though its been a few months since I've used the minigun.

Unrelated but my ultimate wish for the next hypetrain is a 2 day "Garnett Heist" where day 1 is Diamond Heist and day 2 Matt steals the loot, triggering Heat Street.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hmmm what could it be? New voicelines for crimedad?

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Kikas posted:

Hmmm what could it be? New voicelines for crimedad?

IIRC he doesn't do the VO work for Dallas, just the live action stuff.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lynx posted:

So you're saying season 2 of the online series? That's equally good.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kikas posted:

So you're saying season 2 of the online series? That's equally good.

Tragically, with the loss of kung-fu hector, any webseries will be garbage. :(

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Lynx posted:

Yeah Dallas is one of the characters where the voice actor and live-action actor/face model basis are totally different dudes, which is why he sounds so smooth in the web series and kind of like a chain smoker in the game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Psion posted:

Tragically, with the loss of kung-fu hector, any webseries will be garbage. :(

I'm telling you man, Micheal Jai White can easily fix that and add in the proper fist to your face tree that Hector should have brought in game.

Geight posted:

Yeah Dallas is one of the characters where the voice actor and live-action actor/face model basis are totally different dudes, which is why he sounds so smooth in the web series and kind of like a chain smoker in the game.

Hey! Simon Keer was here before Eric. And this is likely the one big gig he still has according to IMDB and that other old History channel video so lay off the guy, alright?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 21, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

You know I hadn't ever really read the Steam Comments or tweets at OVK but man people are so loving salty about this game. Especially since with the Goat DLC, you get:

1.) This DLC is stupid, and
2.) Why is it 6.99? and
3.) GOT OVERKILL MICROTRANSACTIONS? (still)

You don't really need to buy any of the heists so 6.99 for a lovely gun and some masks, it's totally not even required! Honest, I'm sure you can find a goat lobby right now! If you don't like it because it's not supersrs heist'n I'm not even sure what you want anymore - why do people who hate this game's tone so much continue to follow it at this stage? I mean I'll be the first to admit the game is a tonal mess, particularly where lately it seems like each heist is trying to top the last one in terms of absurdity, but the gameplay's all the same no matter how you slice it. :shrug:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
At least 20% of the community are loud vocal assholes that still play the game between posting ascii middle fingers and "gently caress you overcuck".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We've been over this before and its summed up in that modernwarfare protest picture. They're so obsessed and addicted to this game that they can't stop thinking about it. They want OVERKILL to only listen to them and now with Microtransactions staying despite how many review bombs they drop, that's not happening anymore. If any of them actually cared to "move on" the steam forums would be dead.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Posted without further comment

:smugdog:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

congrats on your crazy person payday 2 reddit community fame

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ooh, Finale-senpai :sparkles:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So I guess I am now the odd pubby obsessed with this game as I had a loving dream heist involving crashing some Game of Death style tournament to steal the grand prize. Day 1 involves a unique loud where the Dragon Head of the Syndicate is amused by our sheer audacity of bringing guns to a martial arts tournament and throws challenges our way in order to complete the first part of the job himself against waves of basically suitless cloakers armed with swords, staves, spears and nunchaku AKA high melee damage if they get close and don't kick you down, however, they have less health since there's so many of them.

Stuff like:

-kill 10 warriors with one blow (a well lobed nade, barrel or Sykic Propelled Rocket will do)
-light a candle with the fire of another (use flamethrowers/mollies to burn a line through the bodies until one of them has a flame death animation next to it. If they don't add in a free joke XM42, red barrels will drop on this one and they'll be patched to set fire to anyone in the explosion radius.)
-thread 15 needles (make 15 of any sort of sniper multi kill.)
-21 card pick up (Kill 21 warriors with cards or shuriken.)

The higher the difficulty, the more chambers you have to go through with Deathwish having 26, of course. After this the Dragon Head thanks you for taking out the trash contestants that they would have taken months to sort through and expects you to leave with some pocket change. Day 2 can either involve sneaking through his underground complex to quietly download the money or get caught, drive up the pagoda in your escape van because gently caress walking all the way to the top, driving through potentially hundreds of stronger warriors until you crash into the lair of the Dragon Head. He isn't so amused this time that you defiled his real tournament and comes at you like a commissar designed with RPGs and Flamethrowers in mind. He has a lot more health and this can turn into something of a Patriarch fight, but its all about coordination and having the endurance to last through his moves. Once he's about to die he'll trigger a self destruct sequence and you'll have to secure some incredibly heavy several billion artifact and/or make it to the escape chopper.

And to make this Crabtree Fanfiction complete, if you finish on deathwish there is no mask reward. It'll be a black and yellow jumpsuit you can wear to any heist.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

is it painful to have peaked at the same time as the payday series?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

:swoon:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
:smugbird:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Deviant posted:

is it painful to have peaked at the same time as the payday series?

A downward spiral has no peak.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Crabtree posted:

Hey! Simon Keer was here before Eric. And this is likely the one big gig he still has according to IMDB and that other old History channel video so lay off the guy, alright?

I'm not trying to hate on the guy, I actually played Dallas all the time back when it was just the original crew. I mostly just think it's gotta be a little weird for Eric to show up at payday promotional events and not be able to do stuff like Damion Portier does, shouting in the voice of Chains all the time.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I've taken a long hiatus from Payday 2 for no particular reason. Probably time to get back into it.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Join the party.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Bootcha posted:

Join the party.

Charging handle on the wrong side, immersion ruined.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/almirlisto/status/690393132123492352
:eyepop:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are going to look like goats when the hair grows back.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

For a second there I thought he tattooed the mask on his face.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Bootcha posted:

Join the party.

Akimbo mac 10 :getin:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Join the party.

Why can I recognize the source?! :psyduck:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Why can I recognize the source?! :psyduck:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Bootcha posted:

Join the party.

Ejection port doesn't line up with the barrel. Could say it's a clipping issue :downsrim: (Don't worry, I call them magazines)

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
WE GOTTA BUG THE gently caress OUT!

http://i.imgur.com/ssm2VN6.gifv

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

averox posted:

WE GOTTA BUG THE gently caress OUT!

http://i.imgur.com/ssm2VN6.gifv

Had to look this one up. Now I have to watch it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"okay we're going to have a crab and a duck thing, with Skorpions" -- words someone probably said

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

oohhboy posted:

Had to look this one up. Now I have to watch it.

Can you save us the time and say what it is?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'm feeling a lot better about myself, I only recognized the Trigun one.

Goater repost, as requested earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGrtIIgueQ

What DV map should I post for feedback next?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Skyscraper posted:

Sabagebu. Anime about a girl who's a huge jerk joining a survival game club. It's good.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skyscraper posted:

Sabagebu!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

oohhboy posted:

Sabagebu!

Fleve posted:

Sabagebu. Anime about a girl who's a huge jerk joining a survival game club. It's good.
Thanks! That sounds awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm feeling a lot better about myself, I only recognized the Trigun one.

Goater repost, as requested earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGrtIIgueQ

What DV map should I post for feedback next?

DV idea: On GO Bank and Goat2, make the weather balloon targetable by cops. Resilient, but force players to defend it or launch a new one.