Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sammus posted:

Loved it. The Charlie sex scene was amazing, and FXX is slightly insane for showing straight up soft core with a bit of blurring.
I mean, it's just an R-rated sex scene. But you should see American Horror Story on FX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Were these people bitching the very last episode when Charlie was talking about wanting to take a stripper home to bang?

I don't doubt that Charlie has very little sex considering he lives in squalor, is an illiterate weirdo idiot and literally smells like poo poo, you know with the hanging out in the sewers and snaking toilets by hand thing but when have they ever alluded to him being asexual? If anyone is not having sex anymore it's Mac considering it's been what two seasons that everyone has acknowledged that Mac is not attracted to women but hasn't admitted to himself yet that he is attracted to men.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I'm guessing they're partially basing this off the North Korea Situation where he describes kissing as icky.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Were these people bitching the very last episode when Charlie was talking about wanting to take a stripper home to bang?

I don't doubt that Charlie has very little sex considering he lives in squalor, is an illiterate weirdo idiot and literally smells like poo poo, you know with the hanging out in the sewers and snaking toilets by hand thing but when have they ever alluded to him being asexual? If anyone is not having sex anymore it's Mac considering it's been what two seasons that everyone has acknowledged that Mac is not attracted to women but hasn't admitted to himself yet that he is attracted to men.

I can sort of see how you could take a few scenes or bits of information about Charlie and use them to back up the idea of him being an Asexual, but you're right, they'd also have to ignore a tremendous amount of other information in order to justify it. He's been obsessed with one woman for the last decade, he banged Ruby Taft, he banged Dee, he tried to bang strippers in two episodes a decade apart, and Frank catches him pounding off all the time. He clearly has some interest in sexuality.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Three Olives posted:

I can't find a clip of it but in Season 10 there's an episode where Mac starts going out with a girl named Dusty and Dennis totally freaks out because "Dusty is a man's name".

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I can't find a clip of it but in Season 10 there's an episode where Mac starts going out with a girl named Dusty and Dennis totally freaks out because "Dusty is a man's name".

The Gang Misses The Boat. But Mac wasn't actually banging her, he was just giving her drugs in exchange for her pretending they were banging. Because he couldn't get it up for her. And because she's super into Angel Dust.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

The scene just before that one is interesting to me because Dennis seemed surprisingly supportive of the idea of Mac coming out. It's one of the few times he acts with genuine human decency despite being in the middle of a mental breakdown.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Kwyndig posted:

Dennis was freaking out because they thought he was finally coming out and saying he was in love with a man named Dusty and then they got upset because it turned out Dusty was a woman because they are all sick of not being able to acknowledge with Mac directly that he is gay.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The scene just before that one is interesting to me because Dennis seemed surprisingly supportive of the idea of Mac coming out. It's one of the few times he acts with genuine human decency despite being in the middle of a mental breakdown.

I don't think it is support of Mac, the gang has never, ever suggested they would have a problem with Mac or any gay people, in fact in Mac Day they were all completely fine with Country Mac being gay, I think Dennis, like the rest of the gang is sick and tired of having to dance around the issue with Mac when it has become more and more obvious over the last few seasons that he is clearly gay.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 22, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Three Olives posted:

I don't think it is support of Mac, the gang has never, ever suggested they would have a problem with Mac or any gay people, in fact in Mac Day they were all completely fine with Country Mac being gay, I think Dennis, like the rest of the gang is sick and tired of having to dance around the issue with Mac when it has become more and more obvious over the last few seasons that he is clearly gay.

They preferred him since he accepted who he was, and was better than Mac at everything. I still want to see Frank or Charlie day.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Charlie day.

Here you go:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

There is supposed to be a frank perspective episode, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sucks we probably won't get to see the other character's days.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

You think this is the last season?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

A MIRACLE posted:

You think this is the last season?

I think thay have a contract for season 12, but after that who knows.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've read that the next season might be the last season. Not many shows have gotten more seasons than this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I've read that the next season might be the last season. Not many shows have gotten more seasons than this.

After that, the Sunny! Animated Series begins and runs for twenty-three glorious years.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Only now getting around to this one but hooooly poo poo that was a magical episode.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Haha what the hell? My favorite part was how Charlie didn't understand what was going on at all.
Easily my favorite bits were with Charlie, yeah. "He knows my name!"

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

many johnnys posted:

Regarding their skiing, I was shocked that any member of the gang could be good at anything.

Charlie seems pretty good at ice skating and the piano.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Only now getting around to this one but hooooly poo poo that was a magical episode.
Easily my favorite bits were with Charlie, yeah. "He knows my name!"

Yeah the omniscient pa system guy and the candy model was the best parts for me. Just how instead of making GBS threads on him with Frank, evil Dennis just goes along with it and is like "yes let's make the next model out of candy"

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Mortanis posted:

Charlie seems pretty good at ice skating and the piano.

I love the old story about Charlie Day always being into music.

quote:

Charlie Day: “We had a little Casio keyboard and started screwing around with it. A bunch of college buddies [once told me], ‘If I even walked down the hallway in the dorm and you were sitting out there with a guitar in your hand, I knew you were going to make up some song about me as I walked by.’ So it’s nice to finally make a living doing it."

And regarding the nightman song,

quote:

Charlie Day: "Even the music I made up on the spot."

Mary Elizabeth Ellis: “He’s always singing weird rear end songs on our piano at home.”

From a 2009 interview i'm sure you've all seen already

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lol, I just noticed that in Who Pooped the Bed?, after Dennis tells Waitress that she has to pay for her drinks and he doesn't want to bang her, he yells "Free coffee for a year." at her as she's leaving. Presumably the price of the drink she poured for herself, which he definitely collected on through belligerence.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Three Olives posted:

I don't doubt that Charlie has very little sex considering he lives in squalor, is an illiterate weirdo idiot and literally smells like poo poo, you know with the hanging out in the sewers and snaking toilets by hand thing but when have they ever alluded to him being asexual?

Much more serious than the question of whether Charlie is asexual is the question of what Charlie smells like. I believe that he smells of cheese and am prepared to write a 20,000 word post on the subject you wrongheaded hooplehead.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

team overhead smash posted:

Much more serious than the question of whether Charlie is asexual is the question of what Charlie smells like. I believe that he smells of cheese and am prepared to write a 20,000 word post on the subject you wrongheaded hooplehead.

How much cheese is too much cheese?

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Anyone who didn't like the last two eps is literally a donkey brained savage

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Sorry. That was harsh. They might just be a donkey brained bozo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Much more serious than the question of whether Charlie is asexual is the question of what Charlie smells like.

Probably cat food.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBRaXo54AVk

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You know what a grease trap smells like?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Lol, I just noticed that in Who Pooped the Bed?, after Dennis tells Waitress that she has to pay for her drinks and he doesn't want to bang her, he yells "Free coffee for a year." at her as she's leaving. Presumably the price of the drink she poured for herself, which he definitely collected on through belligerence.

his delivery and facial expression on this line is so funny, too. She also took an entire bottle of liquor with her (in addition to Charlie's notebook).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Here's the twist... we show it. We show all of it.

We’re talking hot long scenes of Charlie really going to town on this hot young Communist from behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl – all the hits. All the big ones. All the good ones.

Then he skis again, then he’s back to the jacuzzi for some full penetration, skis , back to the jacuzzi, full penetration, skiing, penetration, skiing, full penetration, skiing, penetration and this goes on and on, back and forth for about 90 or so minutes before the episode just sort of ends.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

CobiWann posted:

Here's the twist... we show it. We show all of it.

We’re talking hot long scenes of Charlie really going to town on this hot young Communist from behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl – all the hits. All the big ones. All the good ones.

Then he skis again, then he’s back to the jacuzzi for some full penetration, skis , back to the jacuzzi, full penetration, skiing, penetration, skiing, full penetration, skiing, penetration and this goes on and on, back and forth for about 90 or so minutes before the episode just sort of ends.

But when does he do full saxing?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

How much cheese is too much cheese?

Any amount of cheese before a date is too much cheese!

Brawnfire posted:

You know what a grease trap smells like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmpwGOCzk84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHa2q3mOF_M&t=141s

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh sure, he eats a lot of cheese. Doesn't mean he smells LIKE cheese. Plus, there's a lot more he "gets into" besides cheese, like sewers and basements.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Charlie smells like a rat. Not one of the domesticated ones, a real feral one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
More importantly, what does Frank smell like

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Lunchmeats

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rum ham, duh

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Professor Latency posted:

Also was that the first time they've done something different with the title card? That threw me off big time.

Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre, and this one.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

Rum ham, duh

Especially when he eats it on a grilled Charlie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0F_Jah_R4&t=384s

rip fat mac you were too beautiful for this world