Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magile
May 20, 2008
You, too, can look like a bad rear end anime character.

e: This is my KFM, Drunken Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

always be closing posted:

Are the arenas cross server? Are there character transfers?

Both arenas and dungeons are cross server, meaning you can invite friends from other servers to your lobby for sparring/running dungeons.

Rafzakael posted:

i actually tried sunflower and its great for leveling, but i found it easier to solo bosses i probably shouldn't have with rumblebee casting on the fly

but then again im speccing for pvp so sunflower is probably superior for pve

on that note out of my 5 matches today i had one (1) assassin that did actually try to CC my cat and focus me while popping in and out of stealth; while annoying, Doom n' Bloom basically ensured that I never dropped below 75% life

Yeah depending on what you're trying to do Rumblebees can definitely work, it will just usually take longer, since if you can actually get into Overflow regularly Sunflower does way more damage.

edit: Sunflower also overwhelmingly wins in the visual department :colbert:

cathead fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 22, 2016

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
So servers only matter for open world pvp?

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

always be closing posted:

So servers only matter for open world pvp?

And your guild for partying/questing.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
can anyone elaborate on Leading Palm for KFM? Tia

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Rokkinhobo posted:

Jumping in on this because I too was gonna shamelessly steal your character to use as a base. The gon standing pose with the hand on the hip makes the stomach/hip area look so weird when I try to replicate it. Anyways you want to go into your photo gallery in game which I get to by pressing esc. Then you wanna take a certain type of picture of your character, I think its called a preset portrait? After that you can find it in: C:\Users\*usename*\Pictures\BnS\CharacterCustomize.... Thanks so much!

Wasn't sure if the correct stuff was in the CharacterCustomize or CharacterShot folder, so I just grabbed the data on this one from both and stuck it here. I hope that worked!

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
How does this game compare to Aion? I really enjoyed Aion, despite its grind, but I'm not sure another MMO is for me.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Slowpoke! posted:

How does this game compare to Aion? I really enjoyed Aion, despite its grind, but I'm not sure another MMO is for me.

Never played Aion before so not sure how this compares. You can think of BnS as an MMO Fighting game, like if Tekken or Street Fighter were 3rd person/massively multiplayer. It's very fast action, lots of movement, and an extremely gorgeous game. I am having a lot of fun and it's going to be hard going back to WoW's stand and shoot combat after playing this.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Slowpoke! posted:

Literally nothing like Aion at all, with the sole exception of the qinggong gliding is kind of like how gliding in Aion was? That's about all I can say.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
lodged up in the Snowghazi blizzard and ready to drink whiskey and play BaS nonstop!

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

2DCAT posted:

lodged up in the Snowghazi blizzard and ready to drink whiskey and play BaS nonstop!

I was worried we ran out of cool names after snowmageddon, but this one is actually better.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
So this is a reallllllly dumb question.

But I have a slew of higher level potions now, but my hotkey on the potion bar insists on using my first-tier potions. I can't simply drag a better potion to that bar, how do I update it?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Linux Nazi posted:

But I have a slew of higher level potions now, but my hotkey on the potion bar insists on using my first-tier potions. I can't simply drag a better potion to that bar, how do I update it?

The item switch button? I dunno I haven't used potions that much.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why am I enjoying this dumb titty ninja game so much.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Open your inventory, and holding down the alt key drag and drop the potion onto the hotbar.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Why am I enjoying this dumb titty ninja game so much.

Its pretty easy to get into, combat is engaging enough to not get boring even though its pretty much the only thing you do, instances go by really fast and the bidding system is great to extort money from others.

The only real issue is having more things to do at cap, which the coming patches should deal with.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Mao posted:

Is there a good website that shows all the weapon skins that is in English? I've found a few of the Korean ones that have pictures of all the stuff, but since I can't read Korean I have no clue what they are and where they drop.

Only thing I've found offhand is BNS Fashion and it's still missing a lot of stuff sadly.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
not gonna lie i spept like 20mins farming Stalker Jiangshi for the outfit

Also it's good to know we have more PVE stuff coming soon-ish.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please do not fall into the costume trap. Find the outfits you like most and go for them instead of getting every single one. You'll run out of inventory space really easily even having premium and the secondary storage.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please do not fall into the costume trap. Find the outfits you like most and go for them instead of getting every single one. You'll run out of inventory space really easily even having premium and the secondary storage.

You can move costumes to your "wardrobe". Doesn't take up any space that way.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
My buddies and i are getting ready to start playing this weekend, should we roll on Mushu, jiwan or old man cho?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

CompeAnansi posted:

You can move costumes to your "wardrobe". Doesn't take up any space that way.

That is however limited to premium, so if you don't have it or don't plan on keeping it active, the advice still applies.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lastgirl posted:

What don't you understand about it?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm dissapointed that the bank people dont have voices in this version. I remember that they did have lines in the chinese version.

Speaking of different versions localizations, I'm liking the voices that are there in the English version. Very campy. But anyone found a way to get the chinese voices in this version for the authentic wuxia feeling?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its pretty easy to get into, combat is engaging enough to not get boring even though its pretty much the only thing you do, instances go by really fast and the bidding system is great to extort money from others.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying how the combat isn't as simple as I thought it was. Got ready to poo poo on the game until I started experimenting with combos, and welp. :v:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Still looking for an invite on Old Man Cho, ign Humble Hwang. Game has been a lot of fun exploring the various combos.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, it's kind of annoying how the combat isn't as simple as I thought it was. Got ready to poo poo on the game until I started experimenting with combos, and welp. :v:

As soon as I started getting quests who's sole purpose was to teach me new and useful combos, I knew I was in the right game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lastgirl posted:

Oh, ok, I get what you meant now. That skill and its follow-up skills are a serious case of inconsistent translations.

After using it, you can use Searing Palm. With training points, Searing Palm applies an effect to you that can be stacked 4 times. The skill description calls this effect three different things: Searing Palm Stage, Unrestrained Stage, and Unleashed Stage. :psyduck: Searing Palm also applies a debuff to the target, which is probably also called multiple names.

So basically, you can't get the most out of using Leading Palm until you learn Searing Palm. And NCsoft needs more editors.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
ANy goons on for that Goonterds overflow guild?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schubalts posted:

Oh, ok, I get what you meant now. That skill and its follow-up skills are a serious case of inconsistent translations.

After using it, you can use Searing Palm. With training points, Searing Palm applies an effect to you that can be stacked 4 times. The skill description calls this effect three different things: Searing Palm Stage, Unrestrained Stage, and Unleashed Stage. :psyduck: Searing Palm also applies a debuff to the target, which is probably also called multiple names.

So basically, you can't get the most out of using Leading Palm until you learn Searing Palm. And NCsoft needs more editors.

yea it was pretty confusing. Thanks for the elaboration. I'm like, how the heck is this triggered? Afaik it seems to be based on lucky crits, only a 20 KFM atm. I looked at the skills for searing palm and I'm like, this can be triggered if you put a point in a rmb skill that seems to be only triggered by a successful counter, otherwise there's no prompt for it afaik. A lot of it is really just messing around until you find out how it works but Searing Palm/Leading Palm was the most misleading in terms of description :psyduck:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My only real complaint about this game so far is that you can not be a proper titty ninja while also being a blade dancer, this is racist bullshit

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Story spoilers

After talking to karate man and telling master hong to suck my dick, does the story stop there or do I just have to get to 45 first? The only quest I have is the letter that says I'm a weak baby and I need to get stronger, but I'm only 44 so I thought it could be either that or this is as far as the story goes in this update.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Is this also what's going on with FM and Phantom Grip/Shadow Grasp? I see like three skills that say they only work after Shadow Grasp but have totally failed to locate anything with that name. Also it seems like a really bad skill but that's a secondary issue.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shadow Grasp is an alternate training path for Phantom grip.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Lemming posted:

Story spoilers

After talking to karate man and telling master hong to suck my dick, does the story stop there or do I just have to get to 45 first? The only quest I have is the letter that says I'm a weak baby and I need to get stronger, but I'm only 44 so I thought it could be either that or this is as far as the story goes in this update.

Gotta wait for 50 before seeing delicious Yura and karate man again

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm on Mushin as Heavy Breathing. How do I get in one of the goon guilds?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Ruggan posted:

I'm on Mushin as Heavy Breathing. How do I get in one of the goon guilds?

there's a goon overflow right now. PM Seamus Maolain.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This game seems pretty cool but I have no idea what I am doing. I made a guy on Mushin and got him to like level 10, but then I wanted to try another class and when I went to make him it said there was like a 45 minute queue on that server. Is there a frequent queue on Mushin during primetime? Also, since apparently the guild on Mushin server is full would I be better of going to the other server listed in the OP (Jiwan)? I am also having a hard time deciding what class I want to play, which usually isn't a problem for me. I have tried out Destroyer and Kung Fu Master both to level 10, but Assassin also looks cool. If I wanted to try out the Assassin I would have to delete one of my other guys though since I can only have 2 guys without paying.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Alright, so I'm actually having a real good time with this game surprisingly enough. The combat is incredibly fun, although I still have a hard time understanding how all the combos and stuff works. So, as a lyn bladedancer, I decided to google a bit and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :suicide:

Seriously, I know that this other midget dude taught me some combos but I've already forgotten some of them. Now, at level 23, I decided to try some 1v1 arena PvP and I get absolutely obliterated. All my attacks are constantly blocked and parried, it feels like none of my abilities are working correctly at all as nothing seems to hit ( I can stand and face my opponent, clicking left mouse button while I have an electric charge up and the game will bluntly tell me that it doesn't work ), and I'm constantly starved for chi, and the ability descriptions aren't much to help as I'm having issues understanding how they all sync and relate to each other. I tried searching for some guides but those I found I couldn't understand at all. What I really need, I think, is just a simple guide telling me how the combat in the game works in general compared to other tab->target MMOs I'm used to playing like WoW.

How do I block / parry? How do I counter? How and why should I do the combos the tutorial taught me? What benefits will doing these combos give me when there's no clear indication whatsoever that I've done a combo? And so on and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I got to Jadestone village but I am having too much fun learning kung fu; can I wait til later to learn about the profession system and figure it out and make a decision, or will I regret not picking one up ASAP?

• Locked thread