Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

HenryEx posted:

edit: also daaaaamn, music by Cris Velasco and Jesper Kyd, two of my favorite VGM artists

Jesper also voices the Loader-Bot. He is a very modern renaissance man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Cangelosi posted:

Loader Bot is Raison Varner, another composer on the Borderlands games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cangelosi posted:

I have been making posts specifically about this subject and you still get it wrong.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Waffleman_ posted:

I have been making posts specifically about this subject and you still get it wrong.

Much like Loader Bot, he is shame.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was even more amazing than I suspected it would be.

She just... armed it and tossed it at her feet. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Sorry for the relatively long delay between the original upload of #2-5 and this one. No real excuses other than I got extremely lazy. I mean there were the computer issues but they got solved fairly quickly. Anyway, to apologize, here's the newest video!

As usual, with a new video comes :siren:A NEW VOTE!!:siren:

The woman that Felix, August, Vasquez, Finch, and Kroger are all afraid of has us in her sights. How do we get out of this sticky situation? Should we try to cut her out of the deal, or would you rather attempt to make her head spin?

Voting ends Wednesday at 6PM Eastern.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Make her head spin.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm impressed that there is a dialogue option for exactly what you expressed at the beginning of the video.

Also, Cut her out of the deal

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Murderers. :colbert:

Spin

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Holy poo poo, we lost Fiona's hat, Vaughn, and the new team member we were gonna pick up all in one episode.

Losing an actual team member before we even met them is not one of the possible consequences I expected, I thought we'd just get them another way, but nope! DEAD!

I told you guys trusting Fiona was the wrong choice! Little did I know how right I would be. :cry:

RIP little buddy.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 24, 2016

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I love that these big choices sometimes feel like you can't tell which choice will be an aggressive, fatal option against the other person or not, thanks to the wording.

Make her head spin.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Just got to the end of the video.

:byewhore:

I'm glad I don't have to see your smug face again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

New episode, new characters, new voice actors.

Vallory is voiced by Susan Silo, who has...just...done a lot.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Losing an actual team member before we even met them is not one of the possible consequences I expected, I thought we'd just get them another way, but nope! DEAD!

I told you guys trusting Fiona was the wrong choice! Little did I know how right I would be. :cry:

RIP little buddy.

To those wondering what this is about, had we sided with Jack, we would have gotten the little drone that paralyzed Vaughn as a buddy instead.

his name is Dumpy :(

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Just got to the end of the video.

:byewhore:

I'm glad I don't have to see your smug face again.

LOL

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
"But I like my hat. :smith:" is one of my favorite lines and delivery in this whole game.

E: I'll be the dissenting vote. Cut her out of the deal.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 24, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I have to say make her head spin, because Head Spin is a good song by one of my favorite bands.

Also that poor hat. I'm so sorry, Fiona. :qq:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Wow. Jack's plan goes way better (and much funnier) than that. That was just awful. Look at this horrible mistake you monsters have made. We lost Fiona's hat, we lost out on Dumpy, and our best bro Vaughn is paralyzed. I hope you're all happy with yourselves. :colbert:

edit - Oh yeah, I forgot. Make her head spin

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 24, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We missed out on Dumpy, this is bullshit

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So by now it's not really a spoiler to tell you
YOU CHOSE POORLY

Eh, make her head spin or something.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Hostile V posted:

Trust Fiona because I love how this playthrough so far has been Team Reasonable Partnership. I want them to all continue to be amicable acquaintances forever and she's a lot more trustworthy than Jack is. Plus, her headgear is nice and Jack has no hat.

Look at this hat hating world you've helped create by trusting Fiona.

Oh, and we need to make Vallory's head spin.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

i have no regret for my choice and i think u should make her head spin

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

MrAristocrates posted:

We missed out on Dumpy, this is bullshit

You're right, Jack doesn't have a minion that can shoot paralytic darts at anyone he wants.

WE ARE MONSTERS.

Edit: We just saw first-hand what happens when you try to cut her out of the deal. Let's make her head spin instead.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

So I'm not going to spoil everything that happens in the Trust Jack version because you guys should really play it for yourselves but to be clear, this is a huge turning point in the game. Episode 3 plays out VERY differently depending on who you chose to trust. Dumpy? Jack thinks the runty droid is cute and harmless so he hands control of it over to Rhys where it becomes a very useful part of his inventory. Vaughn's paralysis? Doesn't happen at all if you trust Jack. It's effectively two extra characters that Jack's version has over Fiona's. And Fiona doesn't lose her hat.

It also has one more interesting effect that we aren't going to see for awhile.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I honestly have no idea what these choices could be referring to, so I'm just gonna say spin to win.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

CuwiKhons posted:

So I'm not going to spoil everything that happens in the Trust Jack version because you guys should really play it for yourselves but to be clear, this is a huge turning point in the game. Episode 3 plays out VERY differently depending on who you chose to trust. Dumpy? Jack thinks the runty droid is cute and harmless so he hands control of it over to Rhys where it becomes a very useful part of his inventory. Vaughn's paralysis? Doesn't happen at all if you trust Jack. It's effectively two extra characters that Jack's version has over Fiona's. And Fiona doesn't lose her hat.

It also has one more interesting effect that we aren't going to see for awhile.

Hey, Vaughn still has some lines. They're just unintelligible.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

You make me spin right around, baby. Also, am I deaf, or does Vallory sounds like the regrettably late Ertha Kitt.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Spin her head right round. Round, like a record baby-

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Cut her out of the deal let's see just how bad we can make things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tendales posted:

Cut her out of the deal let's see just how bad we can make things.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Touchgoal!

:colbert: Y'all better find some way to replace Fiona's hat.

Also, since it wasn't chosen/flashed by very quickly, there's an 'enhance!' option during the 'Loader bot, pull up!' scene, giving you the option to continue that running joke should you wish.

Pandoran gun nuts, can any of you identify that huge shotgun that Vallory executes Vasquez with?

Make her head spin.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
A thing I really liked is that the tense music from the end of last episode is still going for a bit when you get back to the past part of the story. Also, I bought the whole thing after the LP went through all of Episode 1, I just never got around to posting about it. So, thanks for showing off how cool this thing was, bro! And I know you've told someone else that those of us who have seen the whole game can still vote freely, but I'm still going to restrict my votes to very specific times.

Like now. Make her head spin.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Spin that head around!

Touraxus
Sep 4, 2011

Lord of the dance, and bananas.
Make her head spin.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

Crasical posted:

Touchgoal!

:colbert: Y'all better find some way to replace Fiona's hat.

Also, since it wasn't chosen/flashed by very quickly, there's an 'enhance!' option during the 'Loader bot, pull up!' scene, giving you the option to continue that running joke should you wish.

Pandoran gun nuts, can any of you identify that huge shotgun that Vallory executes Vasquez with?

The shotgun is the same one Vasquez pulled on Rhys and Vaughn in the desert. I think they called it the Conference Call?

It's kind of scarily impressive that Vallory just takes away the shotgun, kills Vasquez with it, and tosses it aside. She doesn't even try threatening Fiona and the others with it. She doesn't need to.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Quiet Python posted:

The shotgun is the same one Vasquez pulled on Rhys and Vaughn in the desert. I think they called it the Conference Call?

No, I'm pretty sure Conference Call is the Stranger's gun. I'm not a gun nut though, so I can't say what Vasquez's gun actually is.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Quiet Python posted:

IIRC The Conference Call is the red Hyperion shotgun that the Stranger is using. The Penetrating Overcompensator is the energy rifle with six barrels, this shotgun is a different weapon.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I bought the whole thing after the LP went through all of Episode 1, I just never got around to posting about it. So, thanks for showing off how cool this thing was, bro!

That's bro, bro!

thank you for supporting cool video games :cheers:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I bought the game but i won't play it, for unbiased votes

Also i have no idea what either of the vote options even mean in the current situation. So i'm voting for the option that brings us closest to the answer of "You have the ball, but you don't know how to use it *smirk*".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I still regret nothing. Vaughn will be fine, we will be fine, everything will be fine. Make her head spin.

• Locked thread