Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Gem Boiz is full with maybe one guy that could be kicked. Hopefully Gem Blossoms has room for you guys after a little cleanup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000
If I could also get an invite (code: SAMURAIHITMAN) to whatever goon guild has space.

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING
Recently farmed up enough gold to Level 10 the magic kingdoms and level 6 all of them. I also farmed up enough gems to get Dragon Armor (lotta maps yesterday).

Obviously besides chucking more gold at guild tasks, what am I looking at mostly? Seems like 450 gem chest buys is what I'm looking at (obviously it'll take a while to get back there again) with gems since I'm not sure Celestial Armor is worth it.
What's the kingdom priority? Just judging from how i'm collecting tribute now, it seems like a pretty solid source of gems, so is it better to spread gold to try to get them all to level 7 or is it better to try to build one of them to 10?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I feel that kingdom bonuses rank like this
Magic > Attack > Health > Armor

I'd suggest working up Attack kingdoms.

Also I got sick enough of facing goblin decks all the time so I put together one with a Gob-Chomper. I had enough traitstones to get his first ability (double skulls against Marauders). His first power activation consumed a goblin, at which point he had like 29 attack, doubled against Marauders. It was nice.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I would either get the attack kingdoms to level 10 -- since ascension reduces the relative importance of magic compared to attack -- or keep leveling everything to 7 to improve your tribute rate. If you're feeling underpowered in PVP, the former is your better bet.

As you've said, spending gems on keys is probably the best use of that resource. Souls can be saved to reduce the cost of Arena purchases, or to push any given kingdom to the next power level. It seems like the 300-glory chests are an absolute steal compared to the Spoils of War this week, so maybe glory should be hoarded for a weapon week or a week when the troop in the chest is really worth ascending quickly.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Finally got a Hobgoblin out of a chest, so now I just need 3k souls to level him up. It'll be nice having a fully leveled Goblin team, those fuckers are nasty.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've been farming Arena for Goblin ascension and I seem to get Hobgoblin way more than the others. I've gotten like 8 Hobgoblins and 2 shamans and boar riders. Just don't be like me and forget to level up your other guys before completing it. :negative:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
After months of wanting a Hobgoblin, I don't even use it. Goblin Rocket is amazing, as is Boar Rider, for board manipulation. I suppose I could drop Goblin gor Hobgoblin, but I kind of like the extra gold from Greedy.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Grundulum posted:

Look near the top of Gem Blossums' roster and take a guess. :v:

Promoted! Let us begin the purge and shower the new members with gems and keys!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

gromdul posted:

After months of wanting a Hobgoblin, I don't even use it. Goblin Rocket is amazing, as is Boar Rider, for board manipulation. I suppose I could drop Goblin gor Hobgoblin, but I kind of like the extra gold from Greedy.

Goblin is too good not to use.

I don't use Boar Rider, because while I get he has some useful board manipulation, I don't think it's necesary, and I want my +5 fire on a 3 gem match to have good overflow (Rocket trait + Zaejin Banner).

My team is:

Goblin Rocket with Fire Trait
Goblin with Green Trait
Goblin Shaman
Hobgoblin

Zaejin Banner. This means I get a shitton of overflow - a 5 match on red/green gives me +14. Boar Rider would waste the overflow of red I have all the time I feel.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I think Hobgoblin is stronger than Rocket and gets even stronger if you stockpile traitstones to get the 2nd trait. It synergizes better too. It is a marauder so increases the team-wide attack bonus to 4 and gains 2 life from the shaman trait.

Hobgoblin (gain 2 attack in invasions, gain 1 attack per green ally)
Goblin (more greens)
Shaman (2 life to marauders)
Boar Rider

Giving the Hobgoblin +6 attack over the Rocket. It is even more ridiculous if you are lucky or whale your way into unlocking Agile (30% chance to dodge skull damage).

But really you can't go wrong with goblins. They have so many good troops and team combinations. I wish other kingdoms had half the options.

Another ridiculous team I used to run before traits/ascension because I did not have a Rocket or Goblin King:
Hobgoblin
Shaman
Boar Rider
Gar'nok (red/yellow legendary marauder orc)

Gar'nok's spell did 3 damage to your team to increase team's attack by 8 and summoned an orc if someone had died. Goblin King gets fat enough to outlast anything while Gar'nok gets strong enough to one-shot anything.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I run:

Hobgoblin (trait level 2)
Boar Rider (trait level 2, just need one Arcane to hit 3)
Goblin King (trait level 0)
Goblin Shaman (trait level 1)

Basically the only thing that gives me problems any more is other teams with Goblin Kings or that confounded full ascension and trait Green Seer-Centaur Scout-Slime-(whatever golem or whatever it is) team that just melts everything anyway.

There really is no "wrong" Goblin team though.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
gently caress Goblins

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Davethulhu posted:

gently caress Goblins

I am a noob so what are the troops you use? I hate goblins too.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tony Homo posted:

I am a noob so what are the troops you use? I hate goblins too.

Top one is Gob-Chomper, which was an elite introduced a few weeks ago. If you didn't buy him when he appeared, you'll probably have to wait a few weeks before he starts showing up in packs.

Second is Sheggra, a legendary. Generates tons of skulls, plus Broken Spire synergy.

Third and fourth are Ettin and Stone giant, whose main purpose is to give Giant and Broken Spire bonuses.

Probably difficult for a noob to replicate. A new player would probably be best countering with their own goblins.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I don't have Sheggra. But I do have the anti-marauder hero weapon. Or I could use Jarl or something.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

gromdul posted:

I don't have Sheggra. But I do have the anti-marauder hero weapon. Or I could use Jarl or something.

Or throw in an alchemist and acolyte (or other brown/yellow gem generators) to feed Gob-Chomper. I went for the troop synergies but there's no guarantee that this is the best way to do it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Okay, apologies to DaveskiSA, Gilok, Bolchlieber, and the one other person I booted with 70+ days of inactivity. If you're somehow still active let me know and I'll put you back in the guild.

RUMMS,
BREAD_4,
MYLAN, and
SAMURAIHITMAN,

welcome... to your DOOM!

Edit: Gem Blossums still has six members showing 30 or more days of inactivity. Good to know that Boiz is more active.

Edit 2: I take it from the lack of responses that everyone else's one-gold-star kingdoms still give the +50 gold associated with the silver star. drat. Guess I need to redownload the game. After making very sure I have my login code prepped.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 23, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Grundulum posted:

Edit 2: I take it from the lack of responses that everyone else's one-gold-star kingdoms still give the +50 gold associated with the silver star. drat. Guess I need to redownload the game. After making very sure I have my login code prepped.

I just checked and, while I only have one gold kingdom, it still shows +50 gold from the silver star (the kingdom power +50):

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I probably shouldn't have sent in a support request on the weekend. I clearly got the B-team.

quote:

Hi, all,

I have several kingdoms at one gold star of kingdom power. In those kingdoms, the +50 gold from the silver star bonus is not appearing. (See attached screenshots for an example.) I am told by other members of my guild that their gold star bonuses have *not* erased the silver star bonus. I've already tried deleting and redownloading the game, and the issue persists. I only noticed this a few days ago, so I can't say for how long the issue has been present.

Which one of us (my guildmates or me) is experiencing the intended behavior of the kingdom power bonuses? If it's them, how can I correct my account to get the proper effects?

Thanks,
[My first name]

quote:

Hi [My last name],

The daily bonus from the star is in when you collect the gold from the kingdom it does not display up at the kingdom.

Thanks,
Gems Of War Support Team

What does this even mean?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think it's trying to say you're getting the bonus when you collect your gold, but it's not being displayed on the kingdom screen.

Whether that is the case or not who knows :shrug:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

If you collect tribute right when it pops, how much gold do you get? With all 20 kingdoms at Silver star or higher you should get right around 100 gold per hour.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, when I upgraded Stormheim to two gold stars (side note: holy poo poo was that expensive, and I should have gotten other kingdoms to one gold star first) it shows the correct kingdom bonus of +100 gold per day. It's just the one gold star display that was messing up for me.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Which armor is better the soul armor or gold armor?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Gold, unless you already have all the kingdoms at level 10 and have bought enough gold keys to ascend the common cards to legendary/mythic.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Took me a while, but I am completely unafraid of goblins. I'm running Treant/Alch/Valk/Banshee, but now Treant has its second trait unlocked: Big (+1 life on 4/5 gem matches). At the end of my last match, the Treant was at 43 life, up from 17 at the beginning.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So I've got my hands on a couple of legendaries now, any of these worth looking into as the keystone of a new deck? Goblins will win day in and day out, but it's kind of boring now.

Gar'Nok
Hydra
Moloch
Winter Imp

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Gar'Nok can be slotted into a goblin team as I posted towards the top of the page.

Moloch is a really good troop in general. Mana drain plus true damage is good against the current meta of gem/skull generators. The only drawbacks are lackluster traits and that it is a Daemon from Whitehelm without opportunities for a good team bonus.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

grrarg posted:

Gar'Nok can be slotted into a goblin team as I posted towards the top of the page.

Moloch is a really good troop in general. Mana drain plus true damage is good against the current meta of gem/skull generators. The only drawbacks are lackluster traits and that it is a Daemon from Whitehelm without opportunities for a good team bonus.

Do you think Boar Rider is a stronger pick than Goblin? I'm looking at [X], Hobgoblin, Goblin Shaman, Gar'Nok

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

It is a tossup really. Goblin for traits. Boar Rider for board manipulation. Or use whichever is highest level.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I go with a Goblin in the first slot; he fills up most of the time with any green match, the boar rider is #2. Both are usually at full mana by turn 3. With luck I can do 9 with the Gob, 10 with the Rider, and either set up a skull match for 15 or a match 4 to keep going.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I wish i was better at getting crazy combos because i really like the treasure map minigame

Grundulum posted:

welcome... to your DOOM!
Can i get an invite as well please? W.F.Poop

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

I wish i was better at getting crazy combos because i really like the treasure map minigame

Can i get an invite as well please? W.F.Poop

I tried to invite you, but that invite code doesn't seem to exist.

In other news, canyonero, you haven't logged in for 45 or 61 days (don't remember which). If you read this and want back in I will replace the next most inactive member.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Grundulum posted:

I tried to invite you, but that invite code doesn't seem to exist.

there are no spaces in it, sorry for the weird punctuation

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Which platform are you playing on? If you are playing on XBox or PS4, you're in a different world from iOS/Android/Steam users. (Even with your screenshot to guide me I can't get the game to acknowledge you exist.)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

I'm on android but i also imported my char onto the steam app, i hope that didnt mess anything up. No worries then sorry about the mixup!

e: Just got the invite, thank you!

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 28, 2016

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

I think I got the invite to work. The game does strange things to invite codes that are more complicated than one word made entirely of letters. It will randomly add or remove spaces if the name has punctuation or spaces.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
From the guild activity logs, at least some members are being attacked routinely. What are you all doing to earn that? I've been attacked all of once in the last two weeks.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My understanding is that you need to be active in pvp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Yeah, I've been doing pvp for gold. Been getting real unlucky this week though, cpu keeps (seemingly) infinite cascading me to death, losing to lovely teams.