Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Oh no this game is back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Everytime i spend my renown abilities points and relog, they reset.

Anyone else get this? Am i doing something wrong? is there a secret save button im not seeing?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

iminers posted:

Everytime i spend my renown abilities points and relog, they reset.

Anyone else get this? Am i doing something wrong? is there a secret save button im not seeing?

They dont reset.... the vender just forgets what you have.

Once you spend your points and close the vendor you have to refund and spend them again to make changes.

Its also 100% free to respec renown points so it seems they are aware of this.

Just reset and spend them all again when you get a new one.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Double Monocle posted:

They dont reset.... the vender just forgets what you have.

Once you spend your points and close the vendor you have to refund and spend them again to make changes.

Its also 100% free to respec renown points so it seems they are aware of this.

Just reset and spend them all again when you get a new one.

I see now, thanks for that.

Edit: Can we get a list of names that play actively here?

Im on as Iminers Shadow Warrior.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 11, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I'm on a small hiatus thanks to rl. IGN is Zegreiart.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
What's the xp rate like?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

SERPUS posted:

What's the xp rate like?

Same as it was on live.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

So, is that guild I joined dying, Iminers? You left and a few other people bailed as well?

To any goons here, if you're actively playing, give me a name and what time you're usually on. I'll fire up a guild. Seems like Order is where everyone is, so that's where it'll be.

Also, the OP needs a pretty big update. That is painfully old and doesn't really do the game justice anymore. I'm sure with enough of us running around with some screenshots/video or whatever, we'd probably be able to wrangle some other goons along for the ride.

IGN: Zegreiart Belrouze
Generally Online: Varies, I have a weird schedule thanks to being sick, but can be on whenever needed in CST. Online lately in the early AM or late evenings.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Belrouze posted:

So, is that guild I joined dying, Iminers? You left and a few other people bailed as well?

To any goons here, if you're actively playing, give me a name and what time you're usually on. I'll fire up a guild. Seems like Order is where everyone is, so that's where it'll be.

Also, the OP needs a pretty big update. That is painfully old and doesn't really do the game justice anymore. I'm sure with enough of us running around with some screenshots/video or whatever, we'd probably be able to wrangle some other goons along for the ride.

Generally Online: Varies, I have a weird schedule thanks to being sick, but can be on whenever needed in CST. Online lately in the early AM or late evenings.

Gonna be on soon.

Are warrior priests still brokenly good?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

Gonna be on soon.

Are warrior priests still brokenly good?

RP are better imo for pure healing. Devs are taking steps to making 2h WP stuff not suck.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Sorry about that, i meant to email you. Havoc disbanded and joined with Nocturnal. Message Neoyoda when hes on and ask him for an invite, he will get you in.
The Nocturnal guild is bigger with a whole lot more stuff goin on like premade sc's etc.

If we get enough goons playind i'd be down with a goon guild.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Sorry about that, i meant to email you. Havoc disbanded and joined with Nocturnal. Message Neoyoda when hes on and ask him for an invite, he will get you in.
The Nocturnal guild is bigger with a whole lot more stuff goin on like premade sc's etc.

If we get enough goons playind i'd be down with a goon guild.

Yeah, I'm going to pass for now on joining Nocturnal. I've done enough SCs with them and read their tantrums followed with their premade afking that it's not much of a community I want to be a part of. I'll wait to see if there's enough for a goon presence. Thank you though.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Yeah, I'm going to pass for now on joining Nocturnal. I've done enough SCs with them and read their tantrums followed with their premade afking that it's not much of a community I want to be a part of. I'll wait to see if there's enough for a goon presence. Thank you though.

Huh, if the leadership throws hissy fits over sc's etc then gently caress it, ill go solo until the goon guild arrives or i find a better guild.

Edit: Neoyoda was spamming guild chat telling ppl to roll healers cause we don't have enough etc. Weird how a big guild like Nocturnal has little to none dedicated healers for sc's wb's.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 19, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Huh, if the leadership throws hissy fits over sc's etc then gently caress it, ill go solo until the goon guild arrives or i find a better guild.

Edit: Neoyoda was spamming guild chat telling ppl to roll healers cause we don't have enough etc. Weird how a big guild like Nocturnal has little to none dedicated healers for sc's wb's.

Yeah, I genuinely think that if we can get enough together to make our own little spank squad, it'd be real easy to carve a goony path on this server. Really let destro know when the goons have arrived.

e: had someone else ask me about a goon guild in-game, forgot their name though, got DCed, and they asked about being destro. I'm down for either, opting to go with majority vote.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 19, 2016

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'd be down to roll on either side if a goon guild gets rolling.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone have an issue where a login attempt just grays out the connect button?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Anyone have an issue where a login attempt just grays out the connect button?

Did you get your issue resolved? Restarting the launcher until it works is the only solution I know of.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh that's annoying. no I never ended up actually logging in but as long as i know i didn't gently caress up the install or something

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sometimes it takes a buncha closing/restarting their launcher, which thankfully comes up and tries pretty quick, but it's still annoying the rare times it happens.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I had a blast playing a shaman in early retail, but if you're going Order, I'll try the archmage. I guess someone will post here if there's a goon guild.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
I may need to check this out again at some point when I have time. One of my fondest MMO memories was standing behind a Blackguard friend spamming AoE on a Choppa.
I don't remember much of the Order classes beyond BW, but I'm glad to hear that the devs on that server tuned them down a bit.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

jaffyjaffy posted:

I may need to check this out again at some point when I have time. One of my fondest MMO memories was standing behind a Blackguard friend spamming AoE on a Choppa.
I don't remember much of the Order classes beyond BW, but I'm glad to hear that the devs on that server tuned them down a bit.

Yeah, it's pretty great and for a small team they've certainly made strides. Organizing a goon guild seems pretty improbable at this point, but it's worth checking out just to see the sights on your favorite class.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The little bit of WAR that I played was cool so I'm gonna give this a shot

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar
I gone done installed this yesterday. Rolled a WH - Caraness, level 10-ish at the moment.

Had a ton of fun. WAR is still my favourite MMORPG. I'm eurotrash so should be on from around 19:00 to 23:00 CET.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
It honestly sounds like there are enough goons to form a guild, albeit not a very active one.

I imagine though as they keep fleshing the game and push it out of beta, more and more goons will join in. If people stick with it, this server will probably have a fairly active goon guild by it's launch.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Rookersh posted:

It honestly sounds like there are enough goons to form a guild, albeit not a very active one.

I imagine though as they keep fleshing the game and push it out of beta, more and more goons will join in. If people stick with it, this server will probably have a fairly active goon guild by it's launch.

I hope so.

Was kicked from the server today for *roleplaying*

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]: I put on my wizards hat and wizards robe..

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]:I also put on my wizards pants..

Server Notice: You have been kicked from the server. Please check your email for further details.

To be fair there were a few of us making GBS threads up the /7 channel and the gm asked us nicely to stop.

They take roleplaying seriously on RoR.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

iminers posted:

I hope so.

Was kicked from the server today for *roleplaying*

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]: I put on my wizards hat and wizards robe..

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]:I also put on my wizards pants..

Server Notice: You have been kicked from the server. Please check your email for further details.

To be fair there were a few of us making GBS threads up the /7 channel and the gm asked us nicely to stop.

They take roleplaying seriously on RoR.

lmao

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
been having a lot of fun rolling around as a RP named Caec. Wish I had some goons to roll with

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

fishhooked posted:

been having a lot of fun rolling around as a RP named Caec. Wish I had some goons to roll with

Add imin and mcgillicuddi to your friends list. Im on most of the time im not at work. Im thinking of starting a goon guild but the problem is i need 6 unguilded ppl to start it and no one ever shows up when i ask for unguilded ppl to sign my charter or whatever. Lets get this trainwreck of a guild started. Anyone on est time speak up and maybe we can all get together make a guild. I donno.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
You can invite me, Freckles

Squarb
Oct 19, 2005
I've been playing late night NA as Cutu and Smote.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
I'm on order as Eversion, friend me for doin stuff

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Forgot to add im order. the thread has been tipping over towards order for a while now. play order. thanks.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
How much does it cost to start a guild?

I just hit level 13 by a combination of questing and pvp. I forgot how good this mmo is for pvp'ing, and that whole casual "I log in when I feel like it and log out when I need to go" is pretty appealing, so much that I may have talked my other half into at least giving it another go, and he hates mmo's for the most part. We did have a good time in retail with warhammer until it got grindy, but we didn't level too far at all back then.

I miss public quests. I don't think I even remember scenarios.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Desmond posted:

How much does it cost to start a guild?

I just hit level 13 by a combination of questing and pvp. I forgot how good this mmo is for pvp'ing, and that whole casual "I log in when I feel like it and log out when I need to go" is pretty appealing, so much that I may have talked my other half into at least giving it another go, and he hates mmo's for the most part. We did have a good time in retail with warhammer until it got grindy, but we didn't level too far at all back then.

I miss public quests. I don't think I even remember scenarios.

Not sure how much they cost but i do know you need 6 other unguilded ppl to sign something so that you can start the guild.

Public quests are broken right now, but they say they are working on it. Scenarios are just pvp battleground where you get renown and exp. and scenario emblems..

If your IGN is freckles i was messaging you last night, but you didnt respond.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

iminers posted:

Not sure how much they cost but i do know you need 6 other unguilded ppl to sign something so that you can start the guild.

Public quests are broken right now, but they say they are working on it. Scenarios are just pvp battleground where you get renown and exp. and scenario emblems..

If your IGN is freckles i was messaging you last night, but you didnt respond.

Yep, I am Freckles. I was probably afk, so sorry I missed your whisper. Eversion also messaged me, but I didn't know who it was til later when I checked the thread. He was also wondering if there was a guild!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Desmond posted:

Yep, I am Freckles. I was probably afk, so sorry I missed your whisper. Eversion also messaged me, but I didn't know who it was til later when I checked the thread. He was also wondering if there was a guild!

Yea ive been having fun on my warrior priest, I liked my dok better back on the real servers but I played chaos exclusively so its cool to see the other side

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Hi posted:

Yea ive been having fun on my warrior priest, I liked my dok better back on the real servers but I played chaos exclusively so its cool to see the other side

I started playing a shaman but switched to order, and now my lowbie main is an archmage, which I understand is sort of like a shaman but not as cool. I've also tried a warrior priest and rune priest, but think I like this one the best, though the elves look stupid!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm in as Derpies the dwarven ENGINEER! I'm mobbing around with some Aussies on Order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Some friends wanted to give the game another shot, but they're hardcore destro so if'n's you see Doktabeatbox the Choppa running around, say hi!