Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
When are we going to see the end of this turd game? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Patience, sometimes it takes a few flushes.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Future Days posted:

When are we going to see the end of this turd game? :(

Well, we've wrapped up about half the villains by now, so not much longer.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Chip tweeted on the 20th that the last update was nearly ready. I imagine the last few days he's been busy with the PSP prototype SR thing.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Well, we've wrapped up about half the villains by now, so not much longer.

Well I mean it's not like they could introduce a new villain in the final mission or anything

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bhlaab posted:

Well I mean it's not like they could introduce a new villain in the final mission or anything

I mean this is bad, but it's no Dead Island :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

RyuHimora posted:

Is anyone else confused/annoyed at how defalt revealing Clara to be the person who verbally gave the order to Maurice to hit Aiden seems to have absolutely no response from Aiden? He just kinda scowls at her a little as she escapes from the bunker, and then the very next time they speak he says "There's nothing to fix." I don't know why, but this turd in particular stands out to me in the bucket of bullshit.

Clara didn't give any kind of hit order- whe just was hired to figure out who was intruding at the Merlot. She didn't know what the Club was going to do to them (though it was pretty obvious in hindsight).

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Danaru posted:

Or a Psi-Ops.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Difference being that game is actually fun as hell to play.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Psi Ops is also the only one out of the three that deserved a sequel :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Danaru posted:

Or FF9, which does probably hint at its final boss throughout but he does also feel like he comes from nowhere.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Danaru posted:

Psi Ops is also the only one out of the three that deserved a sequel :(

Dying Light turned out pretty well, brain dead protagonist and all.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Keeshhound posted:

Dying Light turned out pretty well, brain dead protagonist and all.

Dying Light has extremely fun gameplay and a poo poo story that's easy enough to ignore.

I'm looking forward to The Following next month as the devs are shaking the formula up a bit.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Or FF9, which does probably hint at its final boss throughout but he does also feel like he comes from nowhere.

Wait, FF9 hints at Necron? I thought it just came literally out of nowhere.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I always think that pretty boy codpiece is the final boss and Necron was all FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE when I was younger.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

MachuPikacchu posted:

He does. FF4 and FFX barely hint at their last-minute villain changes, but Necron isn't mentioned once anywhere in the game. He just shows up and goes "Yeah existence sucks so I'm going to end it" and then you kick his face in until he disintegrates.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mokinokaro posted:

Dying Light has extremely fun gameplay and a poo poo story that's easy enough to ignore.

I'm looking forward to The Following next month as the devs are shaking the formula up a bit.

I may pick up the enhanced edition someday. i played a bit of it and it was fun. and i heard the patchs fixed alot.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Clara didn't give any kind of hit order- whe just was hired to figure out who was intruding at the Merlot. She didn't know what the Club was going to do to them (though it was pretty obvious in hindsight).

It's not that Clara did anything unforgivable, but Aiden has previously murdered people for giving his sisterwife creepy phone calls. A normal person would forgive her but Aiden has killed everyone involved in his daughterniece's murder.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tenebrais posted:

It's not that Clara did anything unforgivable, but Aiden has previously murdered people for giving his sisterwife creepy phone calls. A normal person would forgive her but Aiden has killed everyone involved in his daughterniece's murder.

It could be some sort of character development, but I'm not sure if I give these writers that much credit.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tenebrais posted:

well, he's let one person live

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

For someone who was about to strangle her because badboy17 turned out to be neither a boy nor 17 this is incredible character growth.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

kalonZombie posted:

He does. FF4 and FFX barely hint at their last-minute villain changes, but Necron isn't mentioned once anywhere in the game. He just shows up and goes "Yeah existence sucks so I'm going to end it" and then you kick his face in until he disintegrates.

IIRC, he gets mentioned once or twice (but not actually by name) in the stuff regarding the life cycle and the tree.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tenebrais posted:

When Aiden takes someone down with his baton it's usually supposed to be non-lethal, despite the lethal version having the same animation.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Chip, I am stuck inside due to snow and with a limited supply of beer.

What I'm saying is that I'd like to be drunk while watching the final update, but I can't hold out for too much longer.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm workin' on it right now, but it's not gonna be out until tomorrow afternoon, I think. Gonna have to ration out that beer!!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mokinokaro posted:

IIRC, he gets mentioned once or twice (but not actually by name) in the stuff regarding the life cycle and the tree.
I think it was during the time of the Iifa tree where there was a mention of it being only half of its being. Necron being the other half and not on the same planet. Sort of like the Body and Mind assholes in FFIV.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

It should have been obvious without hindsight. Mobsters ask you to locate two guys for them, even without explaining what they did to get on their radar, what do you think is about to happen? They ain't about to send them flowers.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

It should have been obvious without hindsight. Mobsters ask you to locate two guys for them, even without explaining what they did to get on their radar, what do you think is about to happen? They ain't about to send them flowers.

Not to mention that Clara specifically asks "Are you going to hurt them?" and the man getting the names replies "When has that ever bothered you?"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd imagine that she'd have just gone on doing business as usual with the mob if it'd just been Aiden who died in the hit. Or, if both him and daughter-niece had died, we would've been playing this from her perspective. Perhaps, say, she pretends to be a former hacker-for-hire interested in finding the culprit behind a particularly gruesome double-murder, and the big reveal of the game is that she's the one who facilitated it, but has no idea who actually called down the hit.

Heck, that could even make a kind of interesting dynamic between her and T-Bone: They're both looking to atone for their own fuckups that killed people, but have different means of coping with the fallout of their decision when they first meet.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Removing any one aspect of Watch_Dogs seems to make it a much better game.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

RyuHimora posted:

Removing any one aspect of Watch_Dogs seems to make it a much better game.

Let us take it to the logical conclusion. My proposal for an improved Watch_Dogs:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Let us take it to the logical conclusion. My proposal for an improved Watch_Dogs:

I like it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

Perhaps, say, she pretends to be a former hacker-for-hire interested in finding the culprit behind a particularly gruesome double-murder, and the big reveal of the game is that she's the one who facilitated it, but has no idea who actually called down the hit.

This reminds me a little bit of Murdered: Soul Suspect.

You're a ghost trying to find a serial killer, and you discover that the killer is actually the ghost of Abigail Williams from the Salem Witch Trials, and she's been possessing people to do the killing. Earlier in the game, the ghost of a Bell Killer victim keeps pointing at you and it looks like she's offering her hand for you to touch to see flashbacks to her death for a clue. At the very end you find out that she was pointing because you were the possessed schmuck who killed her. You just happened to stumble upon Abigail's latest possession victim mid-murder and got yourself torn apart.

Murdered: Soul Suspect was a surprisingly engaging game that really deserves more credit than it gets. Some of its review were really harsh, and I don't think that was very fair.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

kalonZombie answered but it was a speculative probably.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Clara is totally still alive and hanging out with Bedbug you guys, everyone's okay I swear!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rhonne posted:

Clara is totally still alive and hanging out with Bedbug you guys, everyone's okay I swear!

Let's just note that the overweight loser guy was allowed to survive via cop-out phone call, while the assertive, largely independent and intelligent woman was given a graphic on-screen death. Both events being largely avoidable and on Aiden's hands. I feel like there's something to be taken from this, but I'm not sure exactly what.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Clara should've been in a place with better network coverage? :v:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Regalingualius posted:

Clara should've been in a place with better network coverage? :v:

This game being an extremely long, very confused ad for Verizon would actually make it better.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Geostomp posted:

This game being an extremely long, very confused ad for Verizon would actually make it better.

Nicki's never coming back... but Verizon's great 4g coverage is never leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

chitoryu12 posted:

Murdered: Soul Suspect was a surprisingly engaging game that really deserves more credit than it gets. Some of its review were really harsh, and I don't think that was very fair.

The core concept is great, it's just got a bunch of dumb and unnecessary stuff bolted onto it. Like the wandering demons. They add nothing, they're just tedious obstacles. Or the weird control scheme (why do you have to press E to interact with some things and R for others? Or in some cases, R then E?). The lack of a map combined with the mix of real and ghost buildings make it really hard to figure out how to get places unless you just follow the objective marker and don't want to do any of the side stuff. And the side quests respawn for some reason, so you'll help a ghost move on and see them disappear only to find they're inexplicably back again when you come by later. Parts of it are definitely good, but there were a lot of bad decisions made in its design.

• Locked thread