Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I'd give him until Sunday. See if he can't find some free time and internet access on the weekend.

Maybe entering a new chapter in his life includes not posting on these ridiculous forums anymore.

Hopefully. What good have they ever done him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

He'll post when he has something to say

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I don't think it is unreasonable to wait until the weekend for an update, but anymore than that and he may start losing his audience. Hopefully you are still reading this thread, CH! I am pulling for you!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
CH, eat the eggs.

Stay safe poverty CH.

Whatever other memes were a big thing on SA.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My guess is he has an apartment without internet and isn't using his new employers computers to use Something Awful internet comedy forum.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's been exactly 4 months since the op started this thread. Assuming he isn't dead, he's come a long way!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My guess is he has an apartment without internet and isn't using his new employers computers to use Something Awful internet comedy forum.

Why guess when he said he was depressed and wouldn't be posting for awhile?
My guess is, he is depressed and will post when he wants to.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
he is dead

he was depressed and decided it would be better to own himself than go on living.

he ran a hose from the exhaust intothe car and died from the fumes. He did this because he wanted to die peacefully in his home/bed.

RIP in peace CH owned himself 1969-2016

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nooner posted:

he is dead

he was depressed and decided it would be better to own himself than go on living.

he ran a hose from the exhaust intothe car and died from the fumes. He did this because he wanted to die peacefully in his home/bed.

dying in an abandoned car in detroit? geeze they wont ever find him

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

he is dead

RIP :( sorry you had to bring us this sad news Nooner

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Nooner posted:

he is dead

[citation needed]

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nooner posted:

he is dead

Nice shiny new avatar there, Nooner.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Nice shiny new avatar there, Nooner.

I dont even like TCC I havent done drugs since I was in college but now I guess I have to post there :sigh:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I have not read any of the replies. I apologize if you said something that deserves a response, and I do not respond. I still don't feel good. I'm drinking alone. I never, ever do that. I am about 20% of the way through a bottle of vodka, and I am starting to understand the appeal.

Some of you sent me more money after my last post. I want you to know that I appreciate that. However, I am tired of feeling like I am imposing on people. I am going to send that money back to the people who sent it. I did get a paycheck today, although a lot of that is owed out. I owe the goon who helped me get the job, and I owe the goon who helped me fix my car. I want to start paying those back. I hope they don't shut the thread down, but I don't have much to say at the moment. I wish I had someone to drink with.

Edit: oh, I guess it's more like 33%.

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 23, 2016

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Don't pay anyone yet. I'm sure they will understand!!!

Edit: you succeeded where others have failed. You should be happy not sad!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Centripetal Horse posted:

I have not read any of the replies. I apologize if you said something that deserves a response, and I do not respond. I still don't feel good. I'm drinking alone. I never, ever do that. I am about 20% of the way through a bottle of vodka, and I am starting to understand the appeal.

Some of you sent me more money after my last post. I want you to know that I appreciate that. However, I am tired of feeling like I am imposing on people. I am going to send that money back to the people who sent it. I did get a paycheck today, although a lot of that is owed out. I owe the goon who helped me get the job, and I owe the goon who helped me fix my car. I want to start paying those back. I hope they don't shut the thread down, but I don't have much to say at the moment. I wish I had someone to drink with.

Hang in there as best you can - it is understandable you would be dealing with depression, particularly at this point in time. I do feel compelled to offer some cautionary words about drinking alone and while depressed, but will not engage in a lecture about it.

And, much as I hate to agree with Tony Homo, don't be so quick to return donations. Give yourself some more time to let things stabilize, and bide your time for a bit.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Those people can wait another two weeks (or even a month!) before being repaid. They gave that to you without ever expecting you to give it back, or at the very least realized that there was a possibility of not recovering the funds. Stop drinking alone, multiple goons in the thread have said they'd take you to karaoke and buy you a beer. Enough with the sadbrains! You are a winner!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Whoever is nearby, get the gently caress over there asap. This guy needs a drinking buddy, stat!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This isn't really the time to start thinking about paying people back. Once you are more on your feet you can consider it, but you just started this job in a new city so I don't recommend it.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I'll drink with you on the internet.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

CloFan posted:

Those people can wait another two weeks (or even a month!) before being repaid. They gave that to you without ever expecting you to give it back, or at the very least realized that there was a possibility of not recovering the funds. Stop drinking alone, multiple goons in the thread have said they'd take you to karaoke and buy you a beer. Enough with the sadbrains! You are a winner!

I don't feel like a winner, but thank you. Thank you also to Tony Homo. I know he's been mostly making GBS threads on me, but his last comment was supportive, and I appreciate that.

I've tried three karaoke shows, and they were universally horrible. The setups sounded like poo poo. I sounded like poo poo. You've all seen my picture. I am not attractive. If I can't sing, I don't get laid. If someone wants to take me to some karaoke shows, I am totally down for it. I need to find at least one where the sound is good, or else I will be living a sexless life.

This is about an hour and a half in. I honestly don't know if this is a lot of drinking for that period of time, because I never drink alone. I've always relied on my body weight and genetics to absorb the alcohol.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

The people who gave you money were straight up being good people and probably don't expect anything back. You needed help so people gave you help which you've shown that you appreciated so you don't owe anyone anything. If you want to repay everyone somewhere down the line when you are on 2 feet again you pass it on and help someone else who needs it. Don't crucify yourself over something that was freely given.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I don't feel like a winner, but thank you. Thank you also to Tony Homo. I know he's been mostly making GBS threads on me, but his last comment was supportive, and I appreciate that.

I've tried three karaoke shows, and they were universally horrible. The setups sounded like poo poo. I sounded like poo poo. You've all seen my picture. I am not attractive. If I can't sing, I don't get laid. If someone wants to take me to some karaoke shows, I am totally down for it. I need to find at least one where the sound is good, or else I will be living a sexless life.

This is about an hour and a half in. I honestly don't know if this is a lot of drinking for that period of time, because I never drink alone. I've always relied on my body weight and genetics to absorb the alcohol.

That's a lot for an hour and a half, even if you are a big guy. Good rule of thumb for drinking alone is one shot every half hour or so. You go too fast like you are going now and you'll be blacked out in another 90 minutes when all of that vodak catches up with ya.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drink more lol

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Centripetal Horse, stop being a dick. Drinking's okay, drinking on your own is okay, being such a sad sack gently caress is not okay. Destro is right, pay it forward one day. Stop being so down on yourself, and focus on all the good things that have happened. I've been lurking this thread for ages, and for you to gently caress up now would not be cool.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drink til youre fun

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Thank you also to Tony Homo. I know he's been mostly making GBS threads on me, but his last comment was supportive, and I appreciate that.

He constantly treats you like garbage and so the smallest kindness feels like a big win, you're the abused girlfriend in his sick game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll be up in D-town in a few weeks and I will totally be down to get a group together and take this guy out for some fun.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drink til you have a personality

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005
CH, I don't have PMs, but put my name on the list of Detroit goons who'd like to buy you a beer.

Sabriel
May 21, 2006

"Does the walker choose the path, or does the path choose the walker?"
Gotta quit living in the past you god drat bum

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
The people who gave you money did so because they want you to succeed. If anyone actually had an expectation of it being repaid (which doesn't seem likely), I can't possibly see them wanting it to be so soon. You're there and you have a job, but we know you're not out of the woods yet! Accept their kindness! :)

Repay the donations and our moral support by taking care of yourself and living well. :3:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
When the roads are getting of again I would totally take a day trip to meet up with the east Michigan goons.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

as long as you post on the sa forums you have someone to drink with pal. just dont let it dick up your new job

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

It's alright to wallow for a day just don't do this everyday.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Keep going buddy. There's a light at the end of all of this. You'll find the right karaoke bar, both literally and figuratively. But give yourself some time if it's not happening right away.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Cheers, bro. Drinking some bourbon here in your honor. :D

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

CH give it a chance. Detroit has had it rough. What that has meant is people who have stayed and survived are some of the craziest and coolest people

Meet some and you'll get what I mean

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Supreme Allah posted:

He constantly treats you like garbage and so the smallest kindness feels like a big win, you're the abused girlfriend in his sick game.

Shut up idiot

And gently caress your piece of poo poo sand monkey God. And Mohammed was a child rapist. So gently caress him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
CH are you really going to become the next Doobie/SC

Do you really want to stoop that low? You haven't found a McDonald's job in the 4 months since goons have been donating to you

Cmon dude

• Locked thread