Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bates
Jun 15, 2006

kartikeya posted:

Anyhow, content! Sort of. This is a very, very angry man, and he calls what the US Government did to the Native Americans equivalent to Waco and Ruby Ridge, so that's. That's a thing.

The federal government really got in the way of those benevolent, tolerant states trying to live peacefully with them there Indians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
That doesn't look Christian at all. Clearly they're Muslim Extremists, commence the drone strike.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

climboutonalimb posted:

3 weeks later, this isn't fun anymore. How does this end?

Well the closest example we have so far is their dads ranch standoff and if that's anything to go by: however the bundy's want it to, no charges, they go back to the ranch surrounded by armed seditionists and then do it all again in a few months.

But this time around the govt is gonna be real tough with these guys and not actually release the assholes from prison that Bundy wants. Take that!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The whole situation is starting to seem like a child throwing a tantrum in a store and making all the shoppers around uncomfortable and angry while the parent just tells everyone that the kid will tucker himself out eventually and that the situation is under control because he's definitely not getting the toy he wants.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Here's a pretty thorough profile of Ryan Payne, the guy most likely to fire the first shot: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_occupation_leader_ryan.html#incart_story_package

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

:allears: Oh Pete.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

As a Millennial I posted:

Here's a pretty thorough profile of Ryan Payne, the guy most likely to fire the first shot: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_occupation_leader_ryan.html#incart_story_package

gently caress this guy's dune buggy business.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oh man, you missed the better one of Horn guy giving the "Bellamy" salute while walking around.

https://twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/690627943786090496

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

buttcoinbrony posted:

Jarmak has a bunch of opinions I don't agree with but at least he tends to debate in good faith.

You got him confused with someone else? I've never known him to argue in good faith.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Santelli's turning that mic into a camera stick/wizard staff sort of affair. Where did he get that badge? He's accumulating charms and talismans.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

You got him confused with someone else? I've never known him to argue in good faith.

Jarmak posted:

Occupy Oakland murdered someone

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I cannot believe the FBI is negotiating with Bundy.

Seriously, why didn't he get arrested when he met with them? Arresting him individually wouldn't cause bloodshed. It wouldn't interfere with their ability to continue the current "let them do whatever as long as they have guns pointed at us" strategy.

It would be a free lunch for the FBI, basically.

Thread contrarians, please help me to understand the FBI's logic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

I'd say Jon Ritzheimer is a good candidate for "first to shoot" as well. According to the ADL profile on him, he got kicked out of the Oath Keepers for suggesting that they become an out-and-out terrorist organization (as he put it, "We're ready for offense").

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Have you ever seen a cat bat a mouse around?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Seriously, why didn't he get arrested when he met with them? Arresting him individually wouldn't cause bloodshed. It wouldn't interfere with their ability to continue the current "let them do whatever as long as they have guns pointed at us" strategy.

Federal Election.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

FBI somehow even dumber than depicted on hit TV show "The X-Files".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tacit toleration of people like this by one of America's major political parties, is my guess. The FBI probably smells getting their funding eviscerated if they harm one precious little sov-cit hair without iron clad provocation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hobbesmaster posted:

Have you ever seen a cat bat a mouse around?

Yes, it involves actually actively interacting with and roughing the mouse up.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessus posted:

Tacit toleration of people like this by one of America's major political parties, is my guess. The FBI probably smells getting their funding eviscerated if they harm one precious little sov-cit hair without iron clad provocation.

Congress has already destroyed all funding for dealing with right wing terrorists despite reports indicating that it is becoming a major problem. At this point, nothing short of the SovCits shooting up an entire city will get the Republicans to stop tolerating them and treat them as an actual threat. Their base is so rabid that they won't dare risk alienating them, no matter how detached from reality they are.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

maybe we could get a kickstarter going to drone strike the Bundy's ranch

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
It's really good that these guys are a fountain of unintentional comedy, because everything else about this situation is incredibly frustrating.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I've been wondering about something. This building is it basically like any other national forest, national park, national wild life refuge, national forest, etc, building? Old WPA type structure?

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 23, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

please help me to understand the FBI's logic.

Bundy and the other people with him carrying guns, who refused to be separated from the reporters, which was the reason Bundy refused to negotiate- the FBI negotiator's condition was that the media (the human shields) not come in with him.

BrandorKP posted:

I've been wondering about something. This building is it basically like any other national forest, national park, national wild life refuge, national forest, etc, building? Old WPA type structure?

Yes, pretty much. Several auxiliary storage buildings/garages, too.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 23, 2016

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If it was a free market structure they would have already set it on fire completely accidentally.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

This is making the rounds

http://www.citizen-action.com/burned-alive-government-burns-land-homes-cattle/article2438

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

UV_Catastrophe posted:

SovCits are right, and they've finally perfected the one weird trick that forces the federal government to leave you alone.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
What the gently caress is this supposed to be? It's Ammon talking about how hurt he is by this footage and then 5 minutes of footage that shows nothing but captions substituting for evidence, like a video talking about martians have killed your family and then two minutes of slow motion footage of your family plays while text appears saying they're all dead. Is anyone who isn't already a lost cause buy into this poo poo?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jarmak posted:

Occupy Oakland murdered someone, occupy Cleveland tried to bomb a bridge, and you're accusing me of being dishonest because I failed to mentioned someone's tires being slashed?

Besides that the point I was making was in regards to numbers and location, and the difference in disruption.

"Occupy Oakland murdered someone" yeah I can't imagine why I or anyone else would call you dishonest or say you argue in bad faith. :rolleye:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I didn't know occupy oakland was set up in fruitvale station.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt3AjsmdwxU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

"Occupy Oakland murdered someone" yeah I can't imagine why I or anyone else would call you dishonest or say you argue in bad faith. :rolleye:

I'll help you out then, it's because they don't have a response to an argument so they just stamp their feet and make personal attacks.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Jarmak posted:

I'll help you out then, it's because they don't have a response to an argument so they just stamp their feet and make personal attacks.

This made me laugh pretty hard, thanks for that. :troll:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

FBI somehow even dumber than depicted on hit TV show "The X-Files".

The Bundys have a flesh eating virus and Mulder is infiltrating them right now :ssh:

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Please tell me that http://www.defendyourbase.net/ being down means something.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
While I get not wanting to turn this into another Ruby Ridge and let the publicity die before the hammer drops - I really, REALLY hope these loons get locked away good and permanent this time.

I mean how many freaking federal laws/statues do they need to pee on before this happens?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Man, Martin O'Malley is really reaching for endorsements now, isn't he?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Popping back in to say "...Huh!?!?" :psyduck:

I have to say I didn't expect this to be the option the FBI would take. Doesn't this legitimize the militants more than simply Waco'ing them would?

:jihad:: "We're commandeering this federal building in the name of true patriots. The federal government is illegitimate and must be overthrown. We want to be recognized as the biggest terrorists there is!"

:cop:: "We don't negotiate with terrorists."

:jihad:: "Did we mention we're white right-wing Americans exercising the second amendment?"

:cop:: "Oh. Uh, that changes things! Why don't we have a seat and work this out then?"

This is surreal.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
If nothing else, it certainly undermines the liberal argument "what's the point of the second amendment, the government will crush you with tanks" :smugdog:

Apparently as long as you are white, no it won't. Which was certainly the only group the founders intended the right to bear arms to apply to in any case. The system works!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jarmak posted:

Didn't that shooting take place outside of the occupation site, and didn't involve anyone who was considered a protester? I don't think "a murder took place near occupy oakland"= "occupy oakland murdered someone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

commenter posted:

I believe Obama is trying to force a shooting confrontation so he can call for Martial Law and stop the election.He wants to be KING or dick tater.

:newlol:

• Locked thread