Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rest of series please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/22/shot-2016-milkors-hydra-handheld-automatic-grenade-launcher/

new magazine fed grenade launcher showed up at SHOT show

full auto 40mm

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

I don't care how anti-gun anyone is, you can't be anti- that thing.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That's for home defense and buck hunting, right?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:stare::fh:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 23, 2016

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

That's for home defense and buck hunting, right?

Serious answer: mil and LE only. Anything made after 1986 can't be registered with the NFA. Explosives are a Destructive Device and already have tons more restrictions on them. Like the fact that if you DID own a pre-86 grenade launcher not only do you have to jump through all the paperwork and background check hoops to own the launcher, you have to register each individual round as well. Hope you like spending several hundred dollars per round to get your kicks off. Not to mention not all states allow NFA fun toys. There's a reason NFA fun stuff is super expensive and only retired doctors, lawyers, and your grandpa who pilfered all that nazi gold during the war can afford it. High demand and a finite supply of any of that stuff makes for a bitch of a price tag.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't :spergin:'d out about guns in forever.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You could own it if it was semi auto and you paid the $200 stamp. HE rounds need $200 each for tax stamps and an approved storage magazine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5R9SZM2jaE

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
More to the point, most companies that make 40mm HE grenades have a minimum order of 5,000 or so, if they'll sell to non-government types at all. You can't just have your local sporting goods store put in an order for a six-pack.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ded posted:

Rest of series please.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mike-o posted:

Serious answer: mil and LE only. Anything made after 1986 can't be registered with the NFA. Explosives are a Destructive Device and already have tons more restrictions on them. Like the fact that if you DID own a pre-86 grenade launcher not only do you have to jump through all the paperwork and background check hoops to own the launcher, you have to register each individual round as well. Hope you like spending several hundred dollars per round to get your kicks off. Not to mention not all states allow NFA fun toys. There's a reason NFA fun stuff is super expensive and only retired doctors, lawyers, and your grandpa who pilfered all that nazi gold during the war can afford it. High demand and a finite supply of any of that stuff makes for a bitch of a price tag.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't :spergin:'d out about guns in forever.

Freedom isn't free, or something

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Freedom isn't free, or something

my rights are being opressed because it costs too much for me to buy 40mm grenades and kill poo poo with it. OBUMMER :bahgawd:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hovering over a picture brings up a little pinterest "pin it!" tag and I laugh so hard.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Forget the general public, what does law enforcement need with a full auto grenade launcher?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Forget the general public, what does law enforcement need with a full auto grenade launcher?

Aggressively neutralizing riotous crowds, I guess. That's a shitload of tear gas in 2 seconds, with the added bonus of possibly killing someone.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ron Jeremy posted:

-Captain says we've got to make a few thousand dollars disappear before September ends or else our next fiscal budget will be cut by that much.

-*clicks purchase*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sie8mrGy8I

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Ron Jeremy posted:

something something drugs something something come home safe

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

go3 posted:

something something drugs something something come home safe

If they just used it on people who turn in to the improper lane once every 3 months I'd happily let the city double my property tax rate

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
look at this unwieldy hunk of poo poo, good luck firing in the prone with it. just more weight to suffer the squad bitch with

this is pretty cool

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Auto loader is cool as heck

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

look at this unwieldy hunk of poo poo, good luck firing in the prone with it. just more weight to suffer the squad bitch with

if i ever got the opportunity to fire off a magazine with this i will 100% fire a round while holding it against my dick and imagine the glory that would be deathjaculation

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if i ever got the opportunity to fire off a magazine with this i will 100% fire a round while holding it against my dick and imagine the glory that would be deathjaculation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W35dyPTh6o

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

o sure its probably a fun 2 seconds while you dump that mag but gently caress carrying it around

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I just want to throw all sorts of dumb poo poo on those rails for no reason other than they're there

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pesticide20 posted:

I just want to throw all sorts of dumb poo poo on those rails for no reason other than they're there

Needs a bayo lug.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Best part is that this is the 6 round mag pictured. There's a ten round mag. That iirc can be fired off in 2 seconds.

SHOT show used to be for sporting and hunting but in the last decade there's a huge amount of military products there, to the point that there's now a dedicated Military / LE section that's about 20% of the floor space, not counting the manufacturers that are set up in the general areas like HK, FN, Colt, Knights, Aimpoint, LMT, Kalashnikov and IMI etc. Lots and lots of dod purchasers, guys representing various commands, foreign military and recent vets this year

The great part was all the "service dogs" many of whom we bedazzled with dozens of Velcro morale patches.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Booblord Zagats posted:

If they just used it on people who turn in to the improper lane once every 3 months I'd happily let the city double my property tax rate

oh yeah im all about letting LEOs turn texas highways into the Highway of Death if it brings left lane drivers to an end

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Since gun chat has kicked off, I'm considering returning the Eotech I bought in 2011 (if you own any Eotech sight read the TFR thread) to buy an Aimpoint PRO. Anyone have experience with the Aimpoint (or both)?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
What happened with eotech? I'll read the thread when I get home but don't want to read through a whole thread right now.

Edit: also which thread

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 23, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
What's wrong with irons?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Mike-o posted:

What happened with eotech? I'll read the thread when I get home but don't want to read through a whole thread right now.

the zero can shift due to extreme temps like those found in deserts and so they got sued and ordered to refund basically anybody who sends theirs in.

Godholio posted:

Since gun chat has kicked off, I'm considering returning the Eotech I bought in 2011 (if you own any Eotech sight read the TFR thread) to buy an Aimpoint PRO. Anyone have experience with the Aimpoint (or both)?
I have an aimpoint PRO on my work rifle. Works fine and has great battery life, also can be found for fairly good prices all over the internet.

Branis fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 23, 2016

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

What's wrong with irons?

I mean, I guess irons are fine if you're poor. :rolleyes:

but really, better sight picture and easier to get on target with a single red dot.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Branis posted:

the zero can shift due to extreme temps like those found in deserts and so they got sued and ordered to refund basically anybody who sends theirs in.

I have an aimpoint PRO on my work rifle. Works fine and has great battery life, also can be found for fairly good prices all over the internet.

so this is apparently the sticking point

quote:

This after they issued a statement to our military stating that some of the HWS models may have a thermal drift issue (inconsistent impact points between the temperatures of -40°F and 122°F). The point-of-impact shift was identified as being +/- 4 M.O.A.

now i am an idiot but that looks to me like it says your poi will shift up to 4 moa if you take the sight from -40 to 122, which sounds like an insane thing that i will never have to worry about

either way my 516 sits on a safequeen and i cant be bothered to fill out a form and ship it off for a few hundred bucks

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's why I'm not enraged. But the Aimpoint actually comes in about $50 less than I'd get from the refund. I've never used one though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i got an aimpoint aco last year and holy poo poo is that thing underwhelming to look at. i mean yea its a good sight but its just this tiny red dot in the middle of the glass. i dunno what exactly i was expecting but i guess theres just something comforting about all the poo poo in the acog rco or the eotech with its ring and dot

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Used an aimpoint in basic and didn't like it, either. The eotech I stuck with, though. Just having more reference points gave me a bit more confidence I guess

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
i always felt like EOtechs were optics were too busy, I like the single red dot of an aimpoint. Acquire dot fire bullets. I took the EOtech thing to mean anything in that temp range not if you took it from -40 to 122F so if you use it and its 100 degrees out you might get some drift.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Branis posted:

i always felt like EOtechs were optics were too busy, I like the single red dot of an aimpoint. Acquire dot fire bullets. I took the EOtech thing to mean anything in that temp range not if you took it from -40 to 122F so if you use it and its 100 degrees out you might get some drift.

That seems to be the plain language of the statement, but that doesn't make any sense. So it only works properly below -40F and above 122F? That can't be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

the zero shifts 4-5 moa gradually from one point at -40 to another at 122

• Locked thread