Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

holy poo poo the thread got intensethe same while i was fighting off the snowweather event that could be anywhere today

by the way my power is still on for some reason so no stimpire fanfic yet

e: accuracy and anonymity

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Remember when Dick wulf sent dick pics. That was fun.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
so did noone notice that DSmart put this up today or did I just miss it?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so7glp

quote:

My Issue With Sandi

Since everyone keeps bringing this up, let me address it in clear detail for the record and archiving purposes.

My issue with Sandi boils down to this:

===
1. she led the charge against me in July based on my blog and for which I was banned, my account refunded etc. I know this to be a fact.

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

2. The way she treats contractors/employees on the project. this was also on clear display in the email exchange with Beer. aside from what was mentioned in The Escapist articles.

3. The fact that she continues to distort the facts about this project, while taking credit for it's "success" (so far, it's only financially successful, the project is a mess and in shambles) at every opportunity.

4. The fact that, as head of management, she has the authority to grant no-questions-asked refunds to those who ask for it and who want OUT of this project due to the FAILED promises and LIES they have been telling. Instead, they have refused to do this, despite the fact that they have FAILED to deliver the project on Nov 2014 as promised.
===

That's the gist of it and I have made it clear on numerous occasions.

She is an exec (credited as co-founder) of a $105M crowd-funded project and as a PUBLIC FIGURE is 100% held to the same standards of accountability as Chris Roberts, and their partner Ortwin. If she were a guy, not married to Chris etc, NONE of this would have changed my actions.

Beer's email exchange with her opened up the issue of her credentials again due to her claiming to be the most formerly qualified than anyone else at the company.

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

I was very vocal about this in a recent Open House stream because I was pissed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znR3JvQJPMc&feature=youtu.be&t=3h5m

As far as we now know, not only does she NOT possess one MBA, let alone two, it's highly unlikely that she even has an undergraduate degree in business management. Prior to Star Citizen, she was an aspiring actress and intern at Chris's failed Ascendant Pictures studio where they met, married, divorced, re-married. Nothing to do with business management, let alone the videogame business. There are NO records of her ANYWHERE on planet Earth, as having held ANY management position, let alone one in business that is befitting someone with an MBA.

And when someone else decided to confirm that she was in fact married to Chris Roberts - something they not only actively denied but kept hidden until I made it public, Chris wrote a lengthy diatribe that they had been doxed. Which was just another attempt at obfuscating the truth and drawing attention away from on-going questions about their handling of this project.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snimul

As I noted in my blogs, since my investigations into the project started in July, she has been caught posting bogus credentials in LinkedIn. Leading to her subsequently removing no less than FOUR such profiles. Each time she updated it and added lies, I write about it. She then removes it. We have all the archived images. As of today, she still doesn't have a LinkedIn profile. But she still has Facebook, Twitter and IMDb profile pages.

In August, she posted this image purported to be from her graduation. Problem is, neither of the two Australian colleges have any records of her. So the speculation is that, since she is a model/actress, that these may very well be stock images. Nobody has seen it fit to actually ask her for details (name of university, date of graduation etc - all the contentious issues).

https://archive.is/ercCU

Prior to that she posted this Dean's letter and also claims to have an MBA. Suspiciously enough, the whole thing wasn't posted. So there is no way to see the header section of the top in order to determine authenticity.

http://archive.is/lvyUS

None of the Shitizens saw it fit to question any of this.

In this interview, she claims to have gone to graduate school. Again, not mentioning which one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF8cWOLwEI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m32s

Here, she claims that she a) went to UCLA and got a degree there b) she has two business degrees (one from UCLA and the other from Australia - both proven to be false.

FF to 18:45

http://goo.gl/gSL9Rx

They since removed the original link above when it appeared in my blog. But like everything else, we archived it. Here is a copy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/Sunnys_Diner_Show_3k13.mp3

Here she claimed to have a Masters degree. The video has since been pulled. We have it saved somewhere as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRJzUkj5ItQ&feature=youtu.be&t=51

Here is another UCLA claim to an MBA. It's bollocks. We checked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRE2BBQR4tc&feature=youtu.be&t=30m23s

Here, even before my campaign started in July, people were already questioning her credentials.

https://m.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/22r2g5/a_letter_to_chris_roberts/?sort=controversial

So that's basically the gist of it, in a nutshell.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Happy Sisyphus posted:

no stimpire fanfic yet

Thank God.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

For real though, if all we can do is go "ha ha bens fat" or "isn't sandi a bitch" then either SC is doing something right, as that's all we've got or maybe its time to just step way till something interesting actually happens.

lol SC is doing something right

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

hhhat posted:

had that without the :20bux:

Yeah, the av took care of that.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can forgive it for being an old game that broke new ground, but at the same time its garbage and I don't understand how a man-baby basically designs the same thing 20 years later and wonders why people complain about it.

And even still, Star Wars X-Wing came out in '93 (23 years ago) and had this

X-wing also had a button that turned off the cockpit for dogfighting. It left the radar circles on though so you could maintain situational awareness.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

For real though, if all we can do is go "ha ha bens fat" or "isn't sandi a bitch" then either SC is doing something right, as that's all we've got or maybe its time to just step way till something interesting actually happens.

Someone has already said this but you seemed to have missed it. Not much happens in SC land, they release poo poo at a snails pace, its most likely going to take most of the year before they get around to releasing anything more.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I thought we only cared about stuff he posted here? :confused:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

1500 posted:

Someone has already said this but you seemed to have missed it. Not much happens in SC land, they release poo poo at a snails pace, its most likely going to take most of the year before they get around to releasing anything more.

Oh I know. The 'doing something right' is not because I believe they are, quiet the opposite actually. I pay very close attention to what they do/don't do.

I guess it's on me that the sarcasm of that statement was lost, since spoke clearly think in was making the case they have been doing well. They're not.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 23, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6276580/#Comment_6276580

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6278820/#Comment_6278820

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6279662/#Comment_6279662

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The narrative now is that we're flooding their CSR inbox? LMAO

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

I have managed to record in the Rift, it is not very good but it'll do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVNwNmxlSN4

It's good fun, I suck at it though ha ha

Why does the rift need 2x the processing power? Couldn't you just have the left eye monitor take a photo of what the right eye is seeing and display it at the same time (or fast enough to not notice) or is our eyeline that offset that you need two slightly different views? Couldn't you trick the brain? I assume they thought of this, but it seems simple enough!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen: There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I hope you like my new avatar :ohdear:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mrking posted:

I hope you like my new avatar :ohdear:

:pgabz:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Unfunny Poster posted:

The narrative now is that we're flooding their CSR inbox? LMAO

Yeah reddits been pushing that narrative for some time now. Gotta have a scapegoat or else they risk their brains exploding from having to do real critical thinking.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuctifino posted:

http://i.imgur.com/jreIe6o.webm

e: He used to look like this
and

No joke, he's a good looking guy probably under the extra weight. :(

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This cracks me up because Frontier actually apologized recently for taking 72 hours to reply to a ticket. They considered that unacceptable and stated they were fast tracking plans to remedy it...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

G0RF posted:

This cracks me up because Frontier actually apologized recently for taking 72 hours to reply to a ticket. They considered that unacceptable and stated they were fast tracking plans to remedy it...
It's always weird when Star Citizens compete over how much they've suffered at the hands of CIG.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

who?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

We basically just ignore his recaps

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have to agree thay fat shaming is bad in normal cases but in this case I hope he gets so upset by it he changes his life or commits seppuku with his gay little wing commander knife necklace and he'd die

Either way we wouldn't have to fat shame him anymore. So everyone wins!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

throwin dark in the star citizen thread lol

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Mirificus posted:

It's always weird when Star Citizens compete over how much they've suffered at the hands of CIG.

Suffering shows Faith :)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mirificus posted:

If EightAce's recent predictions prove true, it just might become the new normal. If only they'd be warned...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ben is a loving gross monstrosity and I can't believe this thread is starting to stick up for him.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

What does this have to do with star citizen?
Is there so little to talk about that you need to post random poo poo people say on reddit to keep up the 500+ posts a day?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Happy Sisyphus posted:

no stimpire fanfic yet

General Anesthetic looked up from his desk. The victim lay stretched out before him on a cold surgical table, chained in place with pain chains. Chains, but with added pain. The victim screamed in agony as the chains hissed with pain.

The General stood, silently, walked to a small enclosure rimmed with green light and a pocked, bloody surface. The green light was painful, burning with acidic haze, and hurt his eyes, nose and throat when he reached inside. The General liked this searing light, and used it in his bedside table at night when he read about surgery on restrained animals and also in his fridge. When he went downstairs on his razorblade stairs and reached for his milk, OH THE PAIN OF THE GREEN ACID LIGHT. It made him smile.

He pulled out a black leather bag of steel instruments. The bag was rigged with 5000 mini probes that hit his arm with 1,000,000 volts of electricity. The pain was stupefying. General Anesthetic winced... it was time. The victim squirmed as the General walked over across the broken glass that his office floor was made of. He wasn't wearing shoes! THE PAIN!!! It was amplified by the bullet ants that lived in the glass and bit at his feet and gorged themselves on his PAIN.

He stood over the helpless citizen whose crimes he did not know. He slapped the shaking woman and said his favorite thing in the universe:

"Don't worry... you're having surgery.. with GENERAL ANESTHETIC!!!!" She screamed, and he laughed as his overly tightened braces glinted... turning his teeth slowly inward almost pointing at his uvula... which was pierced with a cattle prod!!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

General Anesthetic looked up from his desk. The victim lay stretched out before him on a cold surgical table, chained in place with pain chains. Chains, but with added pain. The victim screamed in agony as the chains hissed with pain.

The General stood, silently, walked to a small enclosure rimmed with green light and a pocked, bloody surface. The green light was painful, burning with acidic haze, and hurt his eyes, nose and throat when he reached inside. The General liked this searing light, and used it in his bedside table at night when he read about surgery on restrained animals and also in his fridge. When he went downstairs on his razorblade stairs and reached for his milk, OH THE PAIN OF THE GREEN ACID LIGHT. It made him smile.

He pulled out a black leather bag of steel instruments. The bag was rigged with 5000 mini probes that hit his arm with 1,000,000 volts of electricity. The pain was stupefying. General Anesthetic winced... it was time. The victim squirmed as the General walked over across the broken glass that his office floor was made of. He wasn't wearing shoes! THE PAIN!!! It was amplified by the bullet ants that lived in the glass and bit at his feet and gorged themselves on his PAIN.

He stood over the helpless citizen whose crimes he did not know. He slapped the shaking woman and said his favorite thing in the universe:

"Don't worry... you're having surgery.. with GENERAL ANESTHETIC!!!!" She screamed, and he laughed as his overly tightened braces glinted... turning his teeth slowly inward almost pointing at his uvula... which was pierced with a cattle prod!!

What the gently caress did I just read...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

He wont get it because he never freed Kimsemus

I have a couple hundred pages to go before I catch up with the thread again, but can someone please tell me if we freed Kimsemus yet?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Good morning thread.

EightAce I hope you know that your username is probably on a postit note labelled TRAITORS on Sandis desk now that one of your prediction has come true. Bunker down.

j4ts stop getting salty about Ben posts. It's 50% calls for him to get help and 50% lolfat - read some front page articles and other parts of the forum if you think this is an unreasonable ratio. The guy is one of the major public faces of this scam that has broken marriages. He deserves a bit of childish flack every so often IMO.

EDIT: free Kimsemus

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ZenMaster posted:

No joke, he's a good looking guy probably under the extra weight. :(

Hes pretty tall

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

i almost feel like you do stimpire fiction better than stimpire prime

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ben is a loving gross monstrosity and I can't believe this thread is starting to stick up for him.

no amount of "fat shaming is bad" posts are going to make me stop making fun of the mess t-rex is

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

Good morning thread.

EightAce I hope you know that your username is probably on a postit note labelled TRAITORS on Sandis desk now that one of your prediction has come true. Bunker down.

j4ts stop getting salty about Ben posts. It's 50% calls for him to get help and 50% lolfat - read some front page articles and other parts of the forum if you think this is an unreasonable ratio. The guy is one of the major public faces of this scam that has broken marriages. He deserves a bit of childish flack every so often IMO.

EDIT: free Kimsemus

I'm phone posting and don't feel like searching for his post, but which one came true?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Phone posting too so I can't link it - but he claimed there was going to be a congress of the damned led by Croberts in LA in two weeks. They were going to outline how they were going to cancel things and cut features going forward.

It was just mentioned in ATV as a "roadmap meeting" or something.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Phone posting too so I can't link it - but he claimed there was going to be a congress of the damned led by Croberts in LA in two weeks. They were going to outline how they were going to cancel things and cut features going forward.

It was just mentioned in ATV as a "roadmap meeting" or something.

Was this the same post detailing the handful of missions for sq42 and all that? If true, and they really don't have the tech, this would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Was this the same post detailing the handful of missions for sq42 and all that? If true, and they really don't have the tech, this would be amazing.

Think so.

Guess we'll find out in two weeks, as usual.

• Locked thread