Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Holy poo poo that was close, just sniped 3 with 10 seconds to go :D

I'm worried that I think I'm the only one that can take out our whale and I'm hitting about 50% with it. He's running Poe Poggle Leia Phasma and FOTP. Only way I win is stupid ai decisions and running JC and Lumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Hughlander posted:

Holy poo poo 65 is sweet because it opens a gear level on Lumi and Phasma. I got 2 6* people on my team and am 24894 power. More than 2k higher than people around me.
Funnily enough the 65 item isn't that hard to get in terms of materials, but of course you aren't going to get that gear level for Phasma if you don't have the level 62 item that requires 50 of those epic commlinks. loving hell.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Metos posted:

Funnily enough the 65 item isn't that hard to get in terms of materials, but of course you aren't going to get that gear level for Phasma if you don't have the level 62 item that requires 50 of those epic commlinks. loving hell.

At least it's in a challenge. That's how I got at least half of them...

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So I've been playing for a few days and when I went to start the game it wanted to run me through the tutorial and like it was the first time I played. Anything I should do? I'm afraid to go through it and as though it could wipe my save or something.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Shard trading in the next update which has been pushed back to January.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tracula posted:

So I've been playing for a few days and when I went to start the game it wanted to run me through the tutorial and like it was the first time I played. Anything I should do? I'm afraid to go through it and as though it could wipe my save or something.
Nah go through it again and sign into your google play account again (if android). No wipes.

If you didn't sign into an account then you may be boned though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Metos posted:

Nah go through it again and sign into your google play account again (if android). No wipes.

Yeah I made sure to sign in with my play account. Gonna give it a try now.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Metos posted:

Yeah do that. My game occasionally starts as a level two guy so I have to sign out of that and sign into my email account. Same guy too, it's weird.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
That worked. Thanks. Maybe add a footnote to the OP about that so as to not panic?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This shard trading is fragmenting the community. F2P is crying that the rates will be so bad that the P2P are gonna have an exclusive character that will be unobtainable for most players. P2P is upset that no information is out and they don't know enough information on what to do with their 1000 Leia shards.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

This shard trading is fragmenting the community. F2P is crying that the rates will be so bad that the P2P are gonna have an exclusive character that will be unobtainable for most players. P2P is upset that no information is out and they don't know enough information on what to do with their 1000 Leia shards.

Say what? What can they do with their 1000 Leia shards? Not a drat thing until the feature is out sometime next month...

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

Lmao sooo many whiners. No one is patient! I do think it was kind of dumb for CG to highlight this with the patch a couple weeks off and no extra info, but people are really just grasping at finding things to be mad about now.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
What are the details on the patch anyways? Are they gonna nerf drops on shards or something?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tracula posted:

What are the details on the patch anyways? Are they gonna nerf drops on shards or something?

Lol to what? Not dropping at all?

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Oh man, the only character I had unlocked was Ashoka from a free pack but now, in the span of two days, I've got Sid, Lumi, Luke and GS. I have absolutely no resources left so Luke and GS are more or less unusable for a while.

Lumi carried me to my first GW victory though, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for her, goons.

Is there a timetable somewhere for the daily challenges or are they random?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Project gently caress that team is 80% done boba should be 6* by next weekend, daka will be at 6*, ewok elder 4-5*(stupid drops), HK should be about 5* almost 6.

Now unless they release another toon with a rez or selfrez I just need to find the right leader.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

X_ThePerfect posted:

Oh man, the only character I had unlocked was Ashoka from a free pack but now, in the span of two days, I've got Sid, Lumi, Luke and GS. I have absolutely no resources left so Luke and GS are more or less unusable for a while.

Lumi carried me to my first GW victory though, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for her, goons.

Is there a timetable somewhere for the daily challenges or are they random?
Level and gear your DPS over Sid early on for arena effectiveness. Sid doesn't pump out the damage like GS does and the heal debuff is unimportant if you blow poo poo up on the regular.

Chop Suey
Jul 24, 2003

Wake Up!
Need help with a droid team comp. I have the following or will have the following in a few days;

HK-47
IG-86
IG-88
Dooku
GS
Poe
Poggle

My question is what is the best team comp with Dooku in it and who should be lead? And what is my best team comp without Dooku in it and who should be lead? Lastly, what's better a team with Dooku or without? Cheers!

Chop Suey fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 23, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chop Suey posted:

Need help with a droid team comp. I have the following or will have the following in a few days;

HK-47
IG-86
IG-88
Dooku
GS
Poe
Poggle

My question is what is the best team comp with Dooku in it and who should be lead? And what is my best team comp without Dooku in it and who should be lead? Lastly, what's better a team with Dooku or without? Cheers!

Get rid of Dooku until he's farmable for you, but keep getting his shards in hard modes every reset. Go HK/88/86/Poggle/Poe. You're going to be in trouble when Poe gets nerfed, though. Might want to put a healer in his place at that point. With all the no information we're getting from CG, you might not want to even put any resources into Poe at all, tbh.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chop Suey posted:

HK-47
IG-86
IG-88
Dooku
GS
Poe
Poggle

With Dooku, you want to run Phasma lead. There are several options that go great with that, but with what you've got, Poe, Poggle, and GS are awesome.

With what you've got, you're probably better without Dooku, but when it comes down to it, the star levels of your heroes should be the determining factor. I would probably run HK-47 lead (crit rate and turn meter up). Poggle, Poe, GS, and IG-86 round this out pretty well. You can also replace GS with 88. I'm not sure which of those comps is better. I don't have a lot of experience with droids, but looking at those synergies, both of those are great.

Chop Suey
Jul 24, 2003

Wake Up!

Malgrin posted:

With Dooku, you want to run Phasma lead. There are several options that go great with that, but with what you've got, Poe, Poggle, and GS are awesome.

With what you've got, you're probably better without Dooku, but when it comes down to it, the star levels of your heroes should be the determining factor. I would probably run HK-47 lead (crit rate and turn meter up). Poggle, Poe, GS, and IG-86 round this out pretty well. You can also replace GS with 88. I'm not sure which of those comps is better. I don't have a lot of experience with droids, but looking at those synergies, both of those are great.

Appreciate it. GS is my highest star and geared. 86 is still pretty low. Thinking of running 88 until I get 86 formed up.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Hate this loving game some times. It was only a matter of time, I guess....

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chop Suey posted:

Appreciate it. GS is my highest star and geared. 86 is still pretty low. Thinking of running 88 until I get 86 formed up.

That works too. GS is great because he brings in an assist, and if that assist deals a lot of damage...it's pretty great. With that team comp, it's also worth considering Poggle lead. I'm not sure which will result in more damage though...I feel like with 3 droids, HK-47 is better, with 2 it's a toss up. Poggle adds up to 25% offense to Geonosians and Droids, while HK-47 adds up to 30% crit and 30% turn meter on critical hits (droid only). Also, if you are running 86, he synergizes with HK-47 better than Poggle. With HK-47, he'll have 13.5% bonus crit from his ability and +30% from HK-47. Then, if his assist hits a droid, they both get +75% crit rate, which will result in both of them gaining turn meter (almost guaranteed).

When it comes down to it, I would probably run HK-47 lead for Arena, because bigger crits = faster nuke which is what arena is all about right now.

Also, have you considered Lobot? He adds speed to all Droids, and gets a speed boost for himself for each living droid ally, AND he can heal (by removing negative status effects). If Poe does take a nerf, he'd be a great replacement, run him as lead with Poggle + droids.

e: Ugh, today and yesterday I've had awful droprates on MK 8 Blastech Weapon Mod Prototype - I've probably spent 400 energy to get 6...or only slightly better than 1 in 10 tries. I just want to get my R. Pilot to G7, is that so hard?

e2: For team progress, I'm getting close to a couple more big upgrades, and it's time to figure out what's next. Right now, I'm primarily running 6* Sid, 7* Lumi, 6* Luke, 4* R. Pilot, 4* Poe. R. Pilot will be 5* today, while Sid is about a day away from 7* (although I still need the credits for it...). I'm putting GW shipments into R. Pilot because he's still my biggest hitter. However, I'm trying to decide if I should switch over to Poggle and keep R. Pilot at 5, or try to get R. Pilot to 7. I'm also thinking about leaving Poe at 5, and then working on Daka and Phasma. Once I get Luke to 7, (he's got about 80 shards to go), I'm going to see if GS has been nerfed, and if not, probably start farming more shards for him. If he has, I'm thinking Kylo is worth farming. Also, I have a 4* Ackbar, so I figure it's worth putting arena shards into him once Sid is maxed, but, he doesn't seem that great. I guess he's a good sub for GW or Arena when you hit a debuff team, but saving up arena tokens doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

Anything big that I'm missing here with where I should be taking my team?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 23, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

Hate this loving game some times. It was only a matter of time, I guess....

Three from the end is when you can start losing A team and still win. See if your B team can kill Poe before dying and your A team should clean up with bens block down.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Does anyone know what the cost/reward is for lvl 65 credit keycard battle? Gonna hit 65 after reset and am dying badly in credits so if I can still get in 2 playthroughs on a full energy bar and enough credits I might just hit it up.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There's no cost to unlocking it (except that you can't unlock it again that day) and you can check "Possible rewards" without paying an energy fee. Not able to see it myself yet either.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

oops wrong forum posted:

Does anyone know what the cost/reward is for lvl 65 credit keycard battle? Gonna hit 65 after reset and am dying badly in credits so if I can still get in 2 playthroughs on a full energy bar and enough credits I might just hit it up.

Tier 1 is 100k credits for 50 energy and tier 2 is 80k. Yes tier 2 gets you less credits for the same energy for some reason.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
It's 80k. And thanks Hughlander, I'll give it a(nother) shot.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

that's........horrible

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I lost my attempt at 1st place today, and my Poe even went first. Right now I'm just letting the time tick down so I at least don't lose my 2nd place :). Anyways, their Rey crit my Poe for 5k, then crit my Luke for 6k...so...yeah. Can I please unlock Rey already? I was hoping I could burst her down before their Poe got his taunt off...and I was unsuccessful. Didn't even get her low enough to burn Lumi's heal.

His team is 7* Sid, Lumi, Rey, Kylo, Poe. Given how much HP Lumi and Kylo have, I'm guessing they're both 7*, and Rey probably isn't that far behind given those crits. No clue on the Poe, probably close to 10k hp, but it's always hard to tell, so I'm guessing 5-6 stars.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Well, I lost my attempt at 1st place today, and my Poe even went first. Right now I'm just letting the time tick down so I at least don't lose my 2nd place :). Anyways, their Rey crit my Poe for 5k, then crit my Luke for 6k...so...yeah. Can I please unlock Rey already? I was hoping I could burst her down before their Poe got his taunt off...and I was unsuccessful. Didn't even get her low enough to burn Lumi's heal.

His team is 7* Sid, Lumi, Rey, Kylo, Poe. Given how much HP Lumi and Kylo have, I'm guessing they're both 7*, and Rey probably isn't that far behind given those crits. No clue on the Poe, probably close to 10k hp, but it's always hard to tell, so I'm guessing 5-6 stars.

I beat my Poe whale for #1 today but it basically is do the first two attacks process phasma or not. If they do I can heal and kill their Poe during the first round if they don't I lose.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

It's 80k. And thanks Hughlander, I'll give it a(nother) shot.

I did it. Phasma, FOTP, Daka, Lumi, JC. Healed every time a cd was ready, Focused Rey, then his FOTP, then QGJ, then Poe. Had to send in a trash team to sop up cooldowns, and retreat maybe 30 times, but I did it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

I did it. Phasma, FOTP, Daka, Lumi, JC. Healed every time a cd was ready, Focused Rey, then his FOTP, then QGJ, then Poe. Had to send in a trash team to sop up cooldowns, and retreat maybe 30 times, but I did it.

Yeah, this was pretty much my third from last game, they were +3 levels, with kylo, phasma, poggle, sid, and I think lumi. Took me a bajillion tries.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So this mother fucker is done...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

So this mother fucker is done...

That's amazing.

I'm currently sitting at 5 shards from Sid's 7th star, but, that won't really do me any good because I just hit level 63, and that left me with a whopping -100k credits (aka I still need to level a hero...just to have 5 maxed).

I'm half tempted by key missions...but...that's such a poo poo deal when you're already spending 400+ energy per day farming gear.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do not buy key card missions. Think about it if you gained the credits at 1/4 the speed by gained items as well, isn't that better in the long term?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
You don't always need to keep everyone levelled too I guess, my attackers are max but Daka is only 53 when I'm 60 since most of her stuff is proc based and my Phasma is a bit behind too. It also means I've had easy as poo poo galactic wars since it looks at my top 5 characters.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I thought that procs were also level vs level based. Lower level dudes never land anything on me and vice versa

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
As far as I'm aware it's just tenacity vs potency, and she's at the same gear level as everyone else until 65. No idea if levels give potency/tenacity, since the level up screen just shows major stats.

She definitely still stuns the poo poo out of the other team though. Lower level people you're fighting probably have a lower gear level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Metos posted:

You don't always need to keep everyone levelled too I guess, my attackers are max but Daka is only 53 when I'm 60 since most of her stuff is proc based and my Phasma is a bit behind too. It also means I've had easy as poo poo galactic wars since it looks at my top 5 characters.

Isn't Daka's heal based off her max HP? I try to keep my healers leveled up for that reason.

• Locked thread