Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ugh

I'm watching a friend stream eu4 and he's got a songrequest bot and some random has wandered in and just started requesting all this EPIC INSPIRATIONAL SYMPHOROCK that sounds like loving CNN bed music (and being kind of a racist piece of poo poo at the same time) so now I'm salting the earth. Started with Poop Ship Destroyer and Dude Incredible, only going to get weirder and more abrasive from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I do not understand a single word Allen said.

Kids today.........

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Kids today.........

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I get what salting the earth means

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Does anyone watch the tv show Limitless?

I have really been enjoying it and last episode reminded me of this mafia community because every time they mentioned killing they replaced it with hugging and stuff like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going on a road trip with Lenoardo! Lads on stag! Lads on stag! :neckbeard:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My favorite rap song is modern major general from pirates of penzance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Does anyone watch the tv show Limitless?

I have really been enjoying it and last episode reminded me of this mafia community because every time they mentioned killing they replaced it with hugging and stuff like that.

Yes. That was a great ep. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Snow has roleblocked me IRL.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Snow has roleblocked me IRL.

No snow here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

No snow here

Yeah, but you're in Boston so what would you be doing anyway, outside of farting into a bag and holding it under your nose.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, but you're in Boston so what would you be doing anyway, outside of farting into a bag and holding it under your nose.

Or as you call it, Monday.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
snow is cool & good

Also Rarity after one of the currently running minigames has wrapped up or more people die in the soldiers game, I've got a minigame (11 players) ready to go that I can presign you for :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

snow is cool & good

Also Rarity after one of the currently running minigames has wrapped up or more people die in the soldiers game, I've got a minigame (11 players) ready to go that I can presign you for :D

Asiina presign please it's been too long since you called me scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

snow is cool & good

If I go into the snow nude I am perfectly camouflaged.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

ugh

I'm watching a friend stream eu4 and he's got a songrequest bot and some random has wandered in and just started requesting all this EPIC INSPIRATIONAL SYMPHOROCK that sounds like loving CNN bed music (and being kind of a racist piece of poo poo at the same time) so now I'm salting the earth. Started with Poop Ship Destroyer and Dude Incredible, only going to get weirder and more abrasive from there.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Kids today.........
At the time of that post, I was idly watching a channel on the website www.twitch.tv belonging to a friend of mine, where he was playing the historical strategy simulation Europa Universalis IV. To provide for additional entertainment, the background music for his stream is selected by persons using the chat function of the channel (to wit, posting a youtube link with the correct command will add the audio of that link to the queue.) A person unknown to any of the social group to which both the streamer and I belong arrived in the channel, seeking to watch a game of Europa Universalis IV. This person proceeded to request a number of absolutely terrible songs in a row. These songs were all the sort of thing that a certain sort of small-minded nerd would describe as "epic" or "inspirational", to the point of several of the youtube links having phrases like "Most Inspirational Music of All Times" or "World's Most Inspiring & Uplifting Instrumental Music" in their titles. In fact, this music was bland. Looking up the artists involved on wikipedia drove the point home further, with their credits listing ad campaigns and movie trailers they had written music for, instead of albums and singles. Certain of the pieces sounded like the generic "dramatic" instrumental music that cable news channels (such as CNN) would use in their programming. All this galled me, as did his casual racism (he even went so far as to say "I'm not racist, but I like racist jokes," which I'll leave as-is for the moment.) My determination, after seeing this jerkass swan in and start metaphorically making GBS threads everywhere, was that some poo poo needed to be done. So, with the blessing of my friend who's still playing Europa Universalis (leading Wales in a retaliatory war against southern Ireland) I began to add more "difficult" selections to the song queue. I would add songs that were annoying, abrasive, or just difficult to listen to if all you're expecting is "epic" "symphonic" pabulum. The first thing I added was the song "Poop Ship Destroyer" by the band Ween. I didn't want to overplay my hand, so I only queued up the two-minute studio version, as opposed to a live version that might go on for a half hour. This was followed by "Dude Incredible" by Shellac, a six-minute post-punk/post-hardcore/post-everything song about monkeys looking for food and sex, tied up in knots of riffwork. A couple other of my friends got in on the action, requesting unsettling and anti-epic tunes by the likes of Sufjan Stevens and The Magnetic Fields. Up until that guy departed, I think the most traditionally-accessible thing (at least, to the sort of jackoff who thinks it's a good idea to inflict "epic" music on a bunch of music nerds) that was played was "Do You Like Me" by Fugazi.

That was way too much explanation for a bit of fun that went on for maybe an hour at most.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Totally gonna pork the Countess of Forli :getin:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like your taste in music Allen.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Asiina presign please it's been too long since you called me scum.

Fine, but Podima should just run it now.

Waiting is dumb, since I also have an 11 player game ready and I will make that thread in the next hour if he doesn't!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Fine, but Podima should just run it now.

Waiting is dumb, since I also have an 11 player game ready and I will make that thread in the next hour if he doesn't!

aaaaaaaa okay okay give me a few to finish writing the op!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah, I won't rush you if you're not really done, but I just mean there's no need to wait. If your game is ready go for it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nah I'm ready to open it, just need to finish writing up the OP since I don't have a Standard Mafia OP ready to copy-paste yet.

The game is going to be fairly fast-paced and anti-lurker, for what it's worth!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

Nah I'm ready to open it, just need to finish writing up the OP since I don't have a Standard Mafia OP ready to copy-paste yet.

The game is going to be fairly fast-paced and anti-lurker, for what it's worth!

Put in the OP that I can't be lynched D1 tia

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Battlestar Galactica: Thirty-Three, an 11-person fast-paced game, is now open for signups!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Smiley Mafia has ended in a ~~~~:shrek:~~~~ Victory.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
What's a cheap hobby that doesn't require reliable weather or transportation?

I'm really bored is what I am saying.

Edit: also doesn't require a lot of space

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Samfucius posted:

Video games

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

Video games

Also beer

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

My steam library has 317 games apparently. I am entertained but not fulfilled.

Edit: I drink way too much already.

I've also tried drugs. Same problem as video games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Alternatively, watch BSG? :v: It's a good series!

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I have watched it.

I also own the spectacular mafia-like BSG board game.

I would like to do something like homebrewing or woodworking, but I have the space for neither. Is there a such thing as an art studio that you can pay en entrance fee and then just gently caress around? Like, I'd love to work with wire and clay but I don't wanna take a class or anything.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Samfucius posted:

I mean you're kinda at a point where there's nothing cheap you can do from your own desk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Take up a musical instrument.

Learn a craft. I like knitting, but there are lots of options. Sewing, jewelry making, woodworking, painting, etc.

Run internet forum games.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sam take up raspberry pi projects.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I would also like to run screaming from the confines of my apartment and take a 10 mile bike ride along the river. It's a lovely ride. Pity the weather is absolute dogshit and I have to wait until spring.

I used to (up until a month ago) do Jiu Jitsu regularly and I loved it, but it just absolutely does not work with my schedule right now. I think that's a big part of it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
make a raspberry pi device that programs other raspberry pi devices remotely

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Sam take up raspberry pi projects.

I looked this up and I am intrigued as all hell. There are like seven models of the thing though, where would I start?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds d3eeeeeeeeelish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Samfucius posted:

Samfucius posted:

Do you have a creative outlet? I've found making things o do wonders for boredom without breaking the bank. It doesn't have to be expensive (for me, I like to write or doodle, neither of which cost anything), but you can pretty much center it around whatever you're feeling strongly about at the time.