Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Berious posted:

Couple of things that I'll never get closure on:

1. What did Soundmonkey do when he was preparing for media interviews?
2. Did any truckers get their cheap hot snacks?

3. Goons who didn't live nearby donated about $9,000 of hot dogs to homeless or poor people in lieu of them being close enough to claim. How many of these people actually got their dogs?

I mean, we know the answer already but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

EL BROMANCE posted:

3. Goons who didn't live nearby donated about $9,000 of hot dogs to homeless or poor people in lieu of them being close enough to claim. How many of these people actually got their dogs?

I mean, we know the answer already but still.
well if the homeless wanted their dogs they should have answered their kickstarter survey!! :argh:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CrashCat posted:

well if the homeless wanted their dogs they should have answered their kickstarter survey!! :argh:

there was a terrible motel that almost certainly homed hand-to-mouth guests not like three blocks from the dog house, lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How's the south American hot dog man. Hope he is doing well

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SaltLick posted:

He's probably a millionaire.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

most homeless people in alabama think kickstarter is just how people wake up

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SaltLick posted:

Yeah, he was doing fine and while he had a few lean months I think sometime last year we checked and he paid off his entire loan.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The buns were always the saddest part of the dog

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

netally posted:

Wikipedia on Coal Fire, Alabama: It was then renamed for a local creek, which has been recorded as both Coal Fire and Cold Fire.

Cole Fire is Cold lol

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
not enough hotdog diversity in this thread.

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

Microwaves Mom posted:

"Hey Virgil, what ya'll wanna call this town here of ours to attract the kind of people we want our kin association' and procreation' with?"

"Mmmmm I reckon Coal Fire ought to do it. That oughta bring in them smart fellers and pretty lasses. That or, Lynch Town"

should rename it "poo poo Fire"

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

should rename it "poo poo Fire"

"Dog House"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

vyst posted:

He's probably a millionaire.

More like a multi millionaire

A million grey out of date hot dogs
A million chicken wings
A million paper plates
Etc

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Coal Fire is a great town, sure, but don't forget about Gordo, home to the world famous MULE DAYS

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

SaltLick posted:

microloans are hilarious because banks figured out that they can give predatory loans to people who are dirt-poor with no risk up front because they can get people to donate the actual capital as a charitable act

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can someone direct me to the page where i can read through the revelations about doobs downfall in real time

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Frog Act posted:

can someone direct me to the page where i can read through the revelations about doobs downfall in real time

Here you go.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I am so grateful for the expression " hot snacks".

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Uncle Salty posted:

I am so grateful for the expression " hot snacks".

Shame that Doobies snacks weren't hot. Or cheap for that matter.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I bought some hot dogs because of this thread

thank you for reading

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I just love how lazy the Doobster was. Closed on July 4th, bizarre hours of operation, lovely underpaid staff because he got tired of doing the work himself.

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011
Got in contact with the owners of the flower shop next to Doobie, they confirmed the flower shop has now moved, and their old store is now Northport Funeral Home, who are planning on adding a chapel.

I wonder why a chapel wouldn't want such a respectable establishment such as Oobie's Og Hous next to them.

Ohhai fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 23, 2016

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Oobie Og Apel

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

RIP mentally challenged hot dog man, may flights of angels carry thee to they rest.

lmao, so he finally offed himself? goons claim another life, good job everyone.

I remember that he quit his high-paying sewer lab job for this, holy poo poo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
oobie thanked hotdogprofits.com and seemed to talk to them on facebook. My theory is he got the idea for his lifelong dream after seeing a popup promising easy money slinging dogs and the rest was history.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
goons should totally raise $99 or whatever it takes to get doobie his very own plot of reform land.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What exactly was the frog dog? And why is it a running joke? I missed that part.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rotinaj posted:

What exactly was the frog dog? And why is it a running joke? I missed that part.

I wasn't around for the SoundMonkey kickstarter thread, but I think the Frog Dog was supposed to be the special goon item on the menu for providing him the funds he needed. As goons realized this guy is a halfwit racist fucktard and turned on him, Doob didn't put the Frog Dog on the menu out of spite.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

rotinaj posted:

perhaps something to do with the get out frog that was a thing back then?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Berious posted:

oobie thanked hotdogprofits.com and seemed to talk to them on facebook. My theory is he got the idea for his lifelong dream after seeing a popup promising easy money slinging dogs and the rest was history.

actually he took the hotdogprofits.com test where no matter what you answer it says You have what it takes to be a hot do gprofessor, pay us now to join

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

bradzilla posted:

I wasn't around for the SoundMonkey kickstarter thread, but I think the Frog Dog was supposed to be the special goon item on the menu for providing him the funds he needed. As goons realized this guy is a halfwit racist fucktard and turned on him, Doob didn't put the Frog Dog on the menu out of spite.

Yup. The best part was that one of the initial suggestions was the have it be made out of falafel for doobie's vegan customers. That was a completely serious suggestion, though I think it was quickly pointed out that (a) there are probably no vegans in the state of alabama, and (b) doobie probably had no idea what vegan means.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
without knowing anything about it, hotdogprofits.com sounds like a hilarious premise

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

going back to the kickstarter page and reading the comments brings you back. man goons sure did love doobie

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
The Doobie saga sure is a top 10 SA event.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

3. Goons who didn't live nearby donated about $9,000 of hot dogs to homeless or poor people

So anyone can claim the $9,000 hot dog treasure as long as they're homeless? Even Doobie himself next month?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Nick Shockley seems to have struck a sore spot w El Doobster

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Business was supposedly "booming" but it's "To costly" to what? Throw all his Coca Cola merchandise into some different hovel and put in a vent hood? It would be 1,000x times less funny if he just admitted he'd rather change spark plugs all day.

bradzilla posted:

Doob didn't put the Frog Dog on the menu out of spite.

Also refused to even sell combos as some sort of loophole, never printed up that advertisement that was supposed to go on the wall, and never fed the homeless people.

Doobs saw goons coming. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Stop talking retard.

• Locked thread