Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ufarn posted:

Dear god, I do not recall aiming in Resident Evil being as hard as it is in RE0.

Me either, and I played RE1 remake to death. I don't know if it's the auto-aim or what, but there are so many times you have to fight just to target the zombie a foot away. Don't get me started on the giant bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

The touch pad is really amazing for aiming controls in Hotline Miami

gently caress me, I've played through Hotline Miami 1 + 2 on the PS4 and never realised I could be using the touchpad. Gives me a reason to go back, I guess!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me either, and I played RE1 remake to death. I don't know if it's the auto-aim or what, but there are so many times you have to fight just to target the zombie a foot away. Don't get me started on the giant bat.
I planned on streaming the game; then I played the first minute of the game on Hard and ragequit over being unable to hit anything.

No idea how I used to pull off those headshots back in the halcyon days.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Are refurbished PS4s basically brand new like Nintendo's refurbished items, or is there likely to be something wrong with them?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mycot posted:

Are refurbished PS4s basically brand new like Nintendo's refurbished items, or is there likely to be something wrong with them?

If it's certified refurbished then there is no reason there would "likely be something wrong with them." How on earth do you think they could sell them if they were potentially defective?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

BonoMan posted:

If it's certified refurbished then there is no reason there would "likely be something wrong with them." How on earth do you think they could sell them if they were potentially defective?

I thought I should ask in case I was being naive/spoiled.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mycot posted:

I thought I should ask in case I was being naive/spoiled.

No worries, wasn't trying to be a dick (but my post definitely sounded like a dick).

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well I am just starting World of Tank for the first time. If anyone wants to team up with a scrub let me know!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

well I am just starting World of Tank for the first time. If anyone wants to team up with a scrub let me know!

Is this game any fun or is it super grindy/pay to win?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have just started so its hard to say, but it looks to be the same set up as something like War Thunder if you're familiar with that at all. Just did my first online match (by accident!) and it seems like it could be fun with proper team work

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

After a certain point, insanely grindy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

de la peche posted:

After a certain point, insanely grindy.
That's where you're supposed to start paying money, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mad max is 24.99 at Best Buy today and can be priced matched just about anywhere.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is this game any fun or is it super grindy/pay to win?
The way those games work, both World of Tanks and War Thunder, all the vehicles are divided into tiers. You can buy a super powered tank but its not really p2w cause you're going to be playing against people with similarly high tier stuff. If you're playing for free it gets pretty grindy to advance to better vehicles, but each tier plays totally differently as better guns/armor/engines get introduced and you may find you like to play lower tiers more anyway. In War Thunder I definitely have a lot more fun playing with crappy interwar/early WW2 stuff than the high tier planes you have to play a million hours to unlock.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Having played war thunder and tanks on PC and now PS4, Wot is definately the better tank game for console because you don't need to pixel hunt as much, which is very hard on a console even with an HD TV

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so far I'm digging this more than the tanks in WT. Had a 2 person group going for a bit, not much, but it makes a big difference on enjoyment and stuff.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

So they extended the final beta session of The Tomorrow Children by two hours, which just ended. For what little I got to play, I can't wait for its proper release so I can play it more. For the last hour I went to other towns and saw a whole bunch of stuff I didn't see in my previous 10 hours of gameplay, so that's really cool.

Bonus nightvision screenshot:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

gibbed posted:

So they extended the final beta session of The Tomorrow Children by two hours, which just ended. For what little I got to play, I can't wait for its proper release so I can play it more. For the last hour I went to other towns and saw a whole bunch of stuff I didn't see in my previous 10 hours of gameplay, so that's really cool.

Bonus nightvision screenshot:

I want to love this game so much but everything I tried in the alpha and beta just makess it feel like "Busywork -The Game"

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Forceholy posted:

You've can still get away with murdering quite a bit of people before you get the bad ending. You have to be a psychopathic rear end in a top hat in order to get the bad ending. The dlc is pretty lackluster, unfortunately.

How the gently caress can you think Daud is lackluster, the challenges yes but Daud's no.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What good PS3 games aren't available on the PS4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm playing Gauntlet with a couple goons and the last boss in the campaign is no joke. We called it tonight after 5 attempts. It's just so chaotic and once you get to the demon phase, the bullet hell aspect becomes ridiculous.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

noirstronaut posted:

Vanquish.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Demon's Souls

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

noirstronaut posted:

Tokyo Jungle

Adeptus
May 1, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Also, a bunch of good PS1 and PS2 classics, Bayonetta, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD and the Metal Gear Solid HD collection.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

noirstronaut posted:

Super Robot Wars OGS2

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

bloodychill posted:

Tokyo Jungle

i hate this game so much.

gonna get this first since platinum is notorious for pissing me off.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

noirstronaut posted:

Dark Souls 1
Deadly Premonition, but only because it's the closest thing to a Twin Peaks video game.
Metal Gear Solid 4
Any of the Yakuza games
Red Dead Redemption

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

NESguerilla posted:

Dishonored kicks rear end though.

I heard the PS4 version was kind of hosed up however.

hosed up in any particular way? I have Dishonored on PS4 (yes, despite playing the poo poo ouf of it on PC back in the day :haw:) and don't recall any issues with it at all (at least for the base game, and first DLC).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

magimix posted:

hosed up in any particular way? I have Dishonored on PS4 (yes, despite playing the poo poo ouf of it on PC back in the day :haw:) and don't recall any issues with it at all (at least for the base game, and first DLC).

It's not hosed up, just a very lazy "definitive edition." Some say it looks worse than the PC non-definitive version. I have it (never gave it a shot last gen) and it's pretty ugly. e.g.

quote:

We checked out the original Xbox 360 version of Dishonored alongside its PlayStation 4 Definitive counterpart, and the results are mixed. Textures are certainly improved, and the game looks much sharper than it did in the original console release, but framerate hasn't budged, and is still locked at 30 FPS. Performance-wise, it feels like a small step down from the game's PC version, though a few new features can be found in Definitive Edition — on PS4, for instance, the game's speaking "Heart" talks to the player through the controller's speaker.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/25/9207847/dishonored-definitive-edition-graphics-comparison

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

NOBY NOBY BOY

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy I got drunk and bought Diablo III full price last night. I think I was having fun. Does anyone play multiplayer or is it dead now? I couldn't check it out until the full download was complete.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Oh boy I got drunk and bought Diablo III full price last night. I think I was having fun. Does anyone play multiplayer or is it dead now? I couldn't check it out until the full download was complete.
Multiplayer in public games is basically a shitshow of hacked lobbies where every monster kill will add ten levels to your character (or other weird things). Play with friends if that's not your thing!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692356&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The people in this thread do.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dragon Quest Craft is pretty fun, but the building aspect they give you in the demo is probably the least fun part. I just like smacking slimes around.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

JudgeTesla already posted the link to the thread but yeah, there's still quite a few of us that play regularly. There's just been another big patch which always reinvigorates interest in the game.

Never, ever, ever play public multiplayer. It is almost 100% cheaters with godlike powers, moving so fast and killing everything so easily you will literally never get to actually play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of all of the games in the world to hack, Diablo 3, the easiest game that has ever existed. Why?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

NESguerilla posted:

Of all of the games in the world to hack, Diablo 3, the easiest game that has ever existed. Why?

I honestly don't get it, either. The game is entirely based around killing things and taking their stuff. What would the point be in making it so everything instantly dies without you even attacking and you have gear that is literally a billion times better than anything that could possibly drop?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey man, people miss the game genie.

In other news, cross buy and cross save owns. I bought hotline Miami in the flash sale, played it for a couple hours on ps4, went to bed, couldn't sleep and picked right up on the vita. Welcome to the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Must be a UK sale then because I bought it yesterday at 60% off.

Really enjoying it and it somehow feels more engaging than the PC version.

• Locked thread