Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I think we got about the same 28-32" in Baltimore so far as Whip's got in DC. I was watching it fall and laughing while prepping chili for the slow cooker earlier thinking about people around here freaking out, while I'm wondering if I might dig my boots and some other poo poo out of one of the toughboxes and go walk to the gas station for some Häagen-Dazs and a 36er.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
a great day for pulled pork on the stove in the cast iron

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Zeris posted:

I was debating on chili or pulled pork but I couldn't loving find a shoulder at like 3 different supermarkets and I was too pissed off to make the pilgrimage to the butcher's at that point. Currently debating saying gently caress my diet for the weekend and making a couple pans of gingerbread.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeris posted:

Tomorrow morning I'm rolling out of bed and dumping several pounds of pork butt into the slow cooker.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Test

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It rained a bit today here in the east bay. Such horrors.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Snow Report: It's snowing near Nagasaki ( similar climate to coastal South Carolina). There are a couple of inches stuck to the ground and I am staying in today so my tiny little car doesn't get smashed by some chain smoking trucker binge watching anime while driving.

That's ash not snow dude

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Two Finger posted:

That's ash not snow dude

noice

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

I was debating on chili or pulled pork but I couldn't loving find a shoulder at like 3 different supermarkets and I was too pissed off to make the pilgrimage to the butcher's at that point. Currently debating saying gently caress my diet for the weekend and making a couple pans of gingerbread.

I cant believe I have like 10 servings of pork from a $5 butt which included skin and bone

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Snow Report: It's snowing near Nagasaki ( similar climate to coastal South Carolina). There are a couple of inches stuck to the ground and I am staying in today so my tiny little car doesn't get smashed by some chain smoking trucker binge watching anime while driving.

Yeah, Nagasaki has great weather, even historically speaking it's always been pretty nice. Except that one heat wave in 45

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It continues to amaze me that the DC region completely shuts down at the slightest bit of snow. It's entirely possible that I might have to telework Monday and maybe even Tuesday. poo poo is insane.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I wouldn't call the single largest snowstorm to hit DC the "slightest bit of snow" but sure, we can run with that. NY declared a state of emergency too FWIW.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I wouldn't call the single largest snowstorm to hit DC the "slightest bit of snow" but sure, we can run with that. NY declared a state of emergency too FWIW.

So what we in Michigan call February :grin:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Eh. We can all wave our wieners around about how much snow we grew up with, at the end of the day 30+ inches is enough to shut down most people.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Sure, but I think the problem is that it's the same reaction as a when they get 2" of snow.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Eh, sometimes.

The other day DC got hosed because the roads departments were so focused on this weekend that they completely forgot there was a storm coming in on Wednesday. Rush hour traffic + untreated roads + thawing/freezing snow on road = chaos.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

So what we in Michigan call March :grin:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
See, you guys should have bought a snow blower on black Friday like I told you to. Enjoy your heart attacks.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Someone let the admins know that Bob a Feet hacked into n4i's account

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Vasudus posted:

It continues to amaze me that the DC region completely shuts down at the slightest bit of snow. It's entirely possible that I might have to telework Monday and maybe even Tuesday. poo poo is insane.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Eh, sometimes.

The other day DC got hosed because the roads departments were so focused on this weekend that they completely forgot there was a storm coming in on Wednesday. Rush hour traffic + untreated roads + thawing/freezing snow on road = chaos.

Meanwhile, with an equivalent amount of snow, I will likely be skiing at 9AM tomorrow, not 90 miles to the north.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I like how if something happens to DC or NYC it is suddenly like the most important thing to ever happen in the history of mankind.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I like how if something happens to DC or NYC it is suddenly like the most important thing to ever happen in the history of mankind.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Sorry no one cares about your dumb flyover state

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Sorry no one cares about your dumb flyover state

You seem mad enough to comment :grin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I got to walk around a pro baseball field today, it was pretty awesome.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

So what we in Michigan call February :grin:

Your being smug about the nations shittiest state. FYI. You drink the koolaid in Michigan just make sure the water isn't from Flint.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ded posted:

It rained a bit today here in the east bay. Such horrors.

San Jose was loving terrible today.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

San Jose was is loving terrible today.

ftfy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Your being smug about the nations shittiest state. FYI. You drink the koolaid in Michigan just make sure the water isn't from Flint.

It's less about being smug over a place rather than not turning into a giant pissbaby because there's some white stuff on the ground.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

*nods*

*dusts off politics hat that has been sitting in the corner neglected Interstellar style*

I hate New York and the opinion that they are The One True Society just as much as I hate Trump. I kind of feel as though The Great Gatsby has become a thing again.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

edit: double post

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i promise if i ever get to live in a place that shuts down for the slightest bit of snow and work continues to pay me i won't make a dozen internet posts about how shocked and appalled i am

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 24, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
went to a cigar bar, sat on the patio around a fire and had cigars, then went and ate mexican. hooray for being able to leave the house i guess

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

go3 posted:

went to a cigar bar, sat on the patio around a fire and had cigars, then went and ate mexican. hooray for being able to leave the house i guess

They're nice and all but ffffuuuuucckkk paying cigar bar prices for a stick. $20-25 for a loving Rocky Patel Decade Robusto? Suck my dick from the back.

What'd you end up smoking?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ok well more terribaler than normal. Also whoever decided that the 880 didnt need to connect to the 87 directly needs to burn in hell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

They're nice and all but ffffuuuuucckkk paying cigar bar prices for a stick. $20-25 for a loving Rocky Patel Decade Robusto? Suck my dick from the back.

What'd you end up smoking?

Davidoff Nicaraguan Diadema. Its expensive I know but the place is literally within walking distance and my normal smokes are Cubans and they dont like you bringing those

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

San Jose was loving terrible today.

Ya. This 2+ weeks of nearly daily rain is sure horrible. And it almost gets down into the low 50s!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

go3 posted:

Davidoff Nicaraguan Diadema. Its expensive I know but the place is literally within walking distance and my normal smokes are Cubans and they dont like you bringing those

Sweet baby Jesus. Are the Cubans banded or just plain sticks? For that matter who the gently caress is going to actually call you out on a Cuban whether it's banded or not, it's not like there are Customs dudes lurking around ready to slap the owner's pecker 'cause some dude is lighting up a hecho en Cuba cigar.

Also gently caress you, I'm still sitting over here twiddling my thumbs while State's working about as well as a monkey trying to gently caress a greased football at getting the embargo lifted.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I've never been in a cigar shop/bar that was cool with you bringing your own, unless it's like a club where you BYO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

9/11 was overblown tbh

• Locked thread