Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

obi_ant posted:

Would this be a good place to ask where I can buy certain products? I'm looking to buy a nice desk for my computer. I like clean and simple looks.

Product Recommendation Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

obi_ant posted:

Would this be a good place to ask where I can buy certain products? I'm looking to buy a nice desk for my computer. I like clean and simple looks.
These guys have opinions on desks as well.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Echeveria posted:

But I know a lot of women that don't like panties.

The best kind of woman :v:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

I know plenty of people who think the word Panties is gross. It's not that weird guys.

I don't think I know a single woman that does not hate that word.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rockcity posted:

I don't think I know a single woman that does not hate that word.

It's the only word the women I know ever use to refer to women's underwear generically

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
This thread has reached a new low, just like all your wadded panties

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Christina Hendricks posted:

Panties is a wonderful word. When did you stop saying "panties"? It's sexy. It's girlie. It's naughty. Say it more.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/interviews/a7278/christina-hendricks-sexy-0510/

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't follow her directions

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought a new bed! And I got Prime. Now I'm browsing sheets.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dovetaile posted:

That's... very institutional.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

That's... very institutional.

Mmm, not really. The one I was in didn't have bars on the frame.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
My best friend's favorite book as a child.

It must be long out of print, because like-new copies go for crazy prices. The one I got was $15 with water damage on part of the back cover. Other used copies I found had worse wear or had been written in, though, so it seemed like the lesser evil.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

beefnoodle posted:

So I can ditch the space hog on my tiny apartment's counter.

Nice! Not bought, but I got a new single cup coffee maker for my birthday recently. Has a plastic doohickey that lets you swap between a reusable filter or a K cup holder. Works great since I live alone & don't brew a lot of coffee at once.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

dovetaile posted:

I recently bought these sheets and they are very soft and cheap, and come in all sorts of colors. You can get white sheets to complete your old timey hospital vibe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N...Srch&th=1&psc=1

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

PCOS Bill posted:

It's the only word the women I know ever use to refer to women's underwear generically

I asked my wife and my daughter and neither had a problem with it.

Content:

Really looking forward to it.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying

Bottom Liner posted:

Pseudoscience is not an actual discipline of science, it's just bullshit :v:

Never claimed it was science, just fun research material! But the fun in it is enjoying the most pure forms of bullshit. I don't give a crap about anyone's stupid cryptozoology theories, but 'sightings' and historical accounts, BS or not, are pretty delightful. Same problem with religious history/mysticism--everyone likes to propose their interpretations of grimoires/the bible/whatever as fact, when the actual good stuff is in the unbiased translations/compilations. Most of these books pull directly from witness accounts or are really accurate translations of old 'magic' books, so they're infinitely more interesting than all the other new agey garbage books littering Amazon.

EDIT: Thread content.

It's really, really hard for me not to lay down for the collector's edition. I don't have the money, but MAN.

TheAbominableSnow has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Jan 24, 2016

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy
I got me a fairly cheap desk chair thing. It's way more comfortable than the old plastic thing I was using before today.
Going to get a new desk next week since the one I've got right now is far too small. Feeling pretty darn good rn.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Picked up a 1960s replica Eames chair for $300.

Area behind chair not so gross with cords as when I took the picture.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

obi_ant posted:

Real quick answers:
Cheap answer: Get separate countertop and legs from ikea and combine. Cheap, looks nice, holds up pretty well.
More money answer: Gladiator workbench with bamboo top. Sturdy as hell, looks nice.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record

12" Subwoofer
4x 6.5" mid woofers
4x tweeters
2x amplifiers for above
A shitload of various cable
Kenwood head unit because I needed 3 preouts for all this poo poo

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

One of those fancy natural light sunrise alarm clocks because it was on sale. Should make waking up to go to the gym easier during the winter

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Picked up a 1960s replica Eames chair for $300.

Area behind chair not so gross with cords as when I took the picture.

Is it everything I dream it would be? (please say "no.")

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Coredump posted:

Real quick answers:
Cheap answer: Get separate countertop and legs from ikea and combine. Cheap, looks nice, holds up pretty well.
More money answer: Gladiator workbench with bamboo top. Sturdy as hell, looks nice.

Jesus. I looked this up, because I make jewelry and need a decent work bench. Those are loving expensive. I get that it's a solid piece of hardwood but gently caress I can't afford that :/

Ikea it is!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

blarzgh posted:

That's a pretty loose knockoff of the Eames lounge chair design.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dovetaile posted:

Pretty good mattress and a frame with bars is my jam ;)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

That's a pretty loose knockoff of the Eames lounge chair design.

But its also not $7,000.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

blarzgh posted:

But its also not $7,000.

It doesn't look like $7000 either - in that condition $70 seems about right.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

blarzgh posted:

It's comfortable af.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If comfort is what you want I'd totally go Ekornes Stressless over Eames.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

beefnoodle posted:

I asked my wife and my daughter and neither had a problem with it.

Content:

Really looking forward to it.

:woop:

I'm going to the Vancouver show!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

If comfort is what you want I'd totally go Ekornes Stressless over Eames.

Well I'm "stuck" with the thing for now, but I really like it.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
One of these

to see this

I'd planned to buy a ticket last summer when they made the announcement, but the show's entire run sold out within a few hours! It took me 3 weeks of :f5: ing to get this ticket, and I'm really looking forward to the play.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A new SD card for my DSLR because my current one is giving me issues and I want to start getting back into the photography game more often.

A USB3.0 SD card reader because I don't trust my current USB card reader and it's a few years old anyway. Plus this was only $6.

Some $3 body wash because I used the Amazon Filler Item Finder site to find something cheap to get me to $35 for free shipping.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hey I just bought that exact same card reader niiiice

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ditto this for the D.C. show. Also finally took a photo of my bike.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

How are fatbikes for riding on regular streets? I'd love one, but they seem ultra specialized

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
How does that bike handle in the snow? I want one, but have no place to ride and don't like all that unsprung mass. They look rad, though, and your green color is double rad.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Since I'm a stupid nerd and I've got back into board games recently.
(Which as nerdy things go hanging in a pub having some beers playing games with other chill guys isn't so bad.)
I brought Super Dungeon Explore! : Forgotten King mainly because it was only £30 on Amazon.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

M42 posted:

How are fatbikes for riding on regular streets? I'd love one, but they seem ultra specialized
Couldn't tell you, as I picked it up recently and then we got all this snow, so I've forgotten what asphalt even looks like.

Coydog posted:

How does that bike handle in the snow?

Couldn't tell you, because we got so much god drat snow in the suburbs that I can't even ride it. Suboptimal got the same bike and got to ride it around D.C. since the streets only had a bit of snow on them, and I can tell you he had an absolute blast. All I was able to do was walk to the beer store and get my fiance some more Not Your Father's Root Beer and me some Sam Adams Nitro White Ale which I haven't tried yet. It's crappy that when you're snowed in you sit around drinking then wake up with a hangover and have to shovel snow, but I'm fixin' to do the exact same thing tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You having a bad day, dude?