Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

no woman wants a man that's omnipresent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

TheKennedys posted:

Cross-posting from the D&D version of this thread: My friend (who, like much of this thread, has a massive schadenfreude-boner for politics on facebook) posted this from one of those Cop Block pages yesterday.

Apparently copblock pages are to sovcits what the word "gun" in a D&D thread is to LeJackal.

Jesus christ, sovereign citizens pisses me off with their smugness because they think they found some loopholes.

So I really like this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Butt Detective posted:

Atheism 1, theism 0. :smuggo:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

mng posted:

Jesus christ, sovereign citizens pisses me off with their smugness because they think they found some loopholes.

This is one of those videos that I have to rewatch everytime it gets posted. It's the perfect storm of complete idiocy, assholishness, and then justice.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Butt Detective posted:

Passive aggressive atheist spotted.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

mng posted:

I was half expecting him to just keep narrating all the ways they were hurting him. ":geno:You are passing a large amount of electricity through my body! The electricity is violating my right to personal space, and my rights to health and happiness. I'm going to sue this electricity"

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

mng posted:

They shouldn't piss you off that much. At least once you realize their magic law spells don't do poo poo but cast lightning bolt.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

I worried that the man who posted this to the group may be a victim of domestic abuse :smith:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Response to a sovereign citizen video.

Libertarians are liberals.

Also on the front page of IMGUR

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Jan 23, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I think I am starting to get an idea but... what are sovereign citizens?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Judicial magicians that when they say the right incantations can rid themselves of any legal wrongdoings.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DemeaninDemon posted:

They shouldn't piss you off that much. At least once you realize their magic law spells don't do poo poo but cast lightning bolt.

If anything, they're probably more deserving of pity if they're not one of the major leaders of the movement. Most of the schlubs who buy into this poo poo are usually in bad financial status (I.E. imminent foreclosure), and end up being desperate enough to fervently believe in sov cit preaching.

Not saying that excuses the ones who end up going postal when reality ensues, but really, it's better to direct your anger at the peddlers of false hope.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Broadly speaking:

Through bizarre interpretation of obsolete laws, they believe that the laws of their homeland don't apply to them. They think they can maintain their own personal sovereignty, and that the refusal to acknowledge outside law means that the state will be powerless to act against them.

Specific beliefs vary. In the United States, sovcits often attempt to cite maritime law, or British law, or laws that predate the US constitution, in their endeavors.

Outside the US, the opposite holds true. They usually call themselves Freemen on the Land, and often cite American law as their weirdo justification.

These people are frequently in deep financial trouble, and desperately cling to the belief that casting a magic spell of legalese will make their troubles disappear.

Not social media, but this should give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Elderbean posted:

This is fair. Black people are naturally faster and white people are naturally better actors.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh it's more that smug people annoy me.

Don't joke about lightning bolt, that poo poo always bounces around the room hitting one of your party members.

e: What the gently caress is she rambling about? I guess I should feel sorry for these people, too :smith:

vvvv

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Jan 23, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mng posted:

This ones p good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyy9Vns4Ias

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

To be more detailed, they believe that the US government only has control over them through a series of lies and if they reject those lies they no longer need to follow laws. There are a few varieties, but the most common ones believe that either county/state/federal courts are really maritime courts and since they're on land they don't apply to them and calling the courts out on it will get them out of trouble or that the US government is actually a corporation and their legal name is the contract that binds them to the government and that they can opt out of it and no longer have to follow laws and can get a bunch of money from the government that they were using the legal name as a holding shell for. It also doesn't matter what country they're from, they'll almost always cite US law, like the poster a few posts above me said. There's a Canadian judge that put out a brief debunking their arguments and a big chunk of it is, "Well, your interpretation of US law is completely batshit and wrong, but even if it wasn't this is Canada you dumbasses".

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Jan 23, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

God please help me, those stupid "Be like Bill" things are now a shareable 'quiz' with totally random and wacky humblebrags. And my page just got loving FLOODED with them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheKennedys posted:

Cross-posting from the D&D version of this thread: My friend (who, like much of this thread, has a massive schadenfreude-boner for politics on facebook) posted this from one of those Cop Block pages yesterday.

Apparently copblock pages are to sovcits what the word "gun" in a D&D thread is to LeJackal.

Wow MRAs vs Sovcits, I'm not sure who I'd rather see get their rear end handed to them

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Re: Sovereign citizens are liberals.

I see this poo poo all the time. Someone shot up a school? Liberal.
Someone robbed a bank? Liberal.
Someone's kid accidentally shot their neighbor? All liberals.
Banking CEO that gets bailed out? A liberal.
Anyone doing anything wrong ever is basically a liberal.

People fronting this attitude are 100% serious. And they vote.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

Re: Sovereign citizens are liberals.

I see this poo poo all the time. Someone shot up a school? Liberal.
Someone robbed a bank? Liberal.
Someone's kid accidentally shot their neighbor? All liberals.
Banking CEO that gets bailed out? A liberal.
Anyone doing anything wrong ever is basically a liberal.

People fronting this attitude are 100% serious. And they vote.

Also, only liberals use welfare.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
American politics is easier to understand once you realise that "liberal" and "conservative" are just words for "goodie" and "baddie", the application of which depends on your own personal outlook.

Someone shot up a school? Baddie.
Someone robbed a bank? Baddie.
Someone's kid accidentally shot their neighbor? Baddie.
Banking CEO that gets bailed out? Baddie.
Anyone doing anything wrong ever is basically a baddie.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Elderbean posted:

Also, only liberals use welfare.

Don't you loving dare touch medicare.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't you loving dare touch medicare.

Or social security. I complained about paying into it for years so now I'm going to reap the benefits.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

American politics is easier to understand once you realise that "liberal" and "conservative" are just words for "goodie" and "baddie", the application of which depends on your own personal outlook.

Someone shot up a school? Baddie.
Someone robbed a bank? Baddie.
Someone's kid accidentally shot their neighbor? Baddie.
Banking CEO that gets bailed out? Baddie.
Anyone doing anything wrong ever is basically a baddie.

What a ridiculous equivocation.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Public page, regarding Danny Devito saying Americans are a bunch of racists

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Gonna break up the political IoSM for a second here with an interesting comment thread/reply combo.

Even with a years worth of time, I still have no idea how they got from that first comment, to that reply - and I refuse to read them all to find out because they're YouTube comments... Ugh.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Just had a single mom of a 10-year old post this

(it was linked from a radio station, of course).

I WILL LITERALLY MURDER YOU IF YOU HAVE CASUAL SEX WITH MY SON. Very tempted to comment on how creepy and possessive it is, but I guarantee it'll just end with no reply and me being blocked.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
When did these creepy and possessive things go from a dad and his daughter to a mom and her son?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If someone told me they knew how to avoid jail as a threat, I'd call the police and tell them exactly that.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
I'm pretty sure that list is a parody of all the weird overprotective dad/daughter poo poo.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I WILL LITERALLY MURDER YOU IF YOU HAVE CASUAL SEX WITH MY SON. Very tempted to comment on how creepy and possessive it is, but I guarantee it'll just end with no reply and me being blocked.

Is this her son?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Asymmetrikon posted:

I'm pretty sure that list is a parody of all the weird overprotective dad/daughter poo poo.

That may have been how it started, but I can assure you it was shared earnestly.

Spalec posted:

Is this her son?

Give it about 10-20 years

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I don't know how they do it, but radio stations are supremely good at getting my friends to comment on their stuff. It's a little too late for them to be playing this social media game in 2016, but drat. And I have less than 100 facebook friends, it's almost creepy; their perseverance on my feed.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:stonk:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Elderbean posted:

In all fairness, libertarians are liberals. Then again, so are most American conservatives, so.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I can only send it to 10 daddies who give me cummies? How am I gonna narrow my list down to just that, ugh!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

this is what happens when you sexually imprint on shareware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Arc Light posted:

Broadly speaking:

Through bizarre interpretation of obsolete laws, they believe that the laws of their homeland don't apply to them. They think they can maintain their own personal sovereignty, and that the refusal to acknowledge outside law means that the state will be powerless to act against them.

Specific beliefs vary. In the United States, sovcits often attempt to cite maritime law, or British law, or laws that predate the US constitution, in their endeavors.

Outside the US, the opposite holds true. They usually call themselves Freemen on the Land, and often cite American law as their weirdo justification.

These people are frequently in deep financial trouble, and desperately cling to the belief that casting a magic spell of legalese will make their troubles disappear.

Not social media, but this should give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

Half of these aren't even sovereign citizens, they are guys exercising their legal rights. Sorry if asking "am I being detained?" and "am I free to go?" doesn't make you a sovereign citizen.
edit* gently caress the border patrol agent at 4:30 and gently caress the cop at 12:48 as well.

FlapYoJacks has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Jan 24, 2016