Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So did you guys reach out to people who aren't on the podcast anymore? I would have loved to hear from Squiddy she and Nutshell were my F Plus supercouple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
In honor of this momentous occasion, I've changed all my system notification sounds to clips from Kumquatxop's 'YEAH' megamix.

Plug in USB stick- HEY HEY HEEEEYYYY!
Remove USB stick- NO, bwuh ah AH Portland.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SEEEE-men

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FREE

PETTING

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I want "Play 'Free Petting Zoo'" to be a feature in every phone

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

What ep is that from again?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The GoFundMe episode.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

FREE

PETTING

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had totally forgotten about that bit so when they set it up I was baffled and when the clip rolled I laughed myself hoarse on the metro, it was amazing.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hey, Lemon's taking new designs for stickers. I had fun working with him on the Hypno Boobs one, so shoot him a DM on Twitter if you got some ideas.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Listening to 200a. Glad to know we're a swarm of stupid nerds :(

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
No smoke without etc etc

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I remember that I had started listening to FPlus because it got linked somewhere on SA, which it occasionally does. The most recent episodes at that time were the Monkey Moms one and the Film Proposals one, which were both relatively tame and pretty great. If I had to choose one favorite, it would probably be the most recent poetry one (#183) because it is both really bad poetry and a sampler of various dumb fetishes that had already been covered. I'm also specially fond of the Malatora one because I had followed the SA thread during its time and it was hilarious.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The Lives will always be my favorites because of the good memories they hold for me being with a bunch of nerdbombers like me enjoying people reading terrible things from the Internet with far too much liquor and enthusiasm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

pulp rag posted:

Hey, Lemon's taking new designs for stickers. I had fun working with him on the Hypno Boobs one, so shoot him a DM on Twitter if you got some ideas.

If I have an idea, I'll shoot one to him. I'm not a drawer, but I do work a mean Illustrator.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CynCyanide posted:

Listening to 200a. Glad to know we're a swarm of stupid nerds :(

SA, in the era they were describing, was definitely a swarm of forum-storming nerds.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Will there ever be anymore episodes of Irregular?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

EmmyOk posted:

Will there ever be anymore episodes of Irregular?

Lemon's said that if they can cast another episode they'd do it, but presumably not enough people have stepped up.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

kalensc posted:

SA, in the era they were describing, was definitely a swarm of forum-storming nerds.

Oh, we still are stupid nerds, it's just, you know, we do less forum-storming.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Djeser posted:

Lemon's said that if they can cast another episode they'd do it, but presumably not enough people have stepped up.
:( I started listening to it and got real excited because I had found a new, interesting podcast, but then there were only 3 episodes and they were over before I knew it and then there were no more.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

kalensc posted:

Did the "Don't touch the poop" rule not exist back then, or did they just not follow it?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ariong posted:

Did the "Don't touch the poop" rule not exist back then, or did they just not follow it?

No that came much later.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

Back in the day, the Dark Times, no no no there was no Don't Touch the Poop Rule. It was expected for goons to come rampaging through the Awful Link of the Day and poo poo on everything.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm glad we live in Enlightened Times.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Phuzzy posted:

Back in the day, the Dark Times, no no no there was no Don't Touch the Poop Rule. It was expected for goons to come rampaging through the Awful Link of the Day and poo poo on everything.

That's actually where the moniker "goon" came from, too.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's actually where the moniker "goon" came from, too.

Yes, didn't the story go that Lowtax got a nasty email from someone that accused him of "sending his goons" to mess everything up?

I really enjoyed these retrospective episodes. It was pretty neat to see how everyone got together. I saw Lemon tweet that NYMag article about PoE a little while back, and read it, but I never knew that website back in the day. I think Lemon made a joke about how he wasn't mentioned in the article, then listening to this it all clicked.

Also, yeah, I should go find some Left Handed Radio. That was really good.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Phuzzy posted:

Even now you have Goons doing stuff like harassing Doobie online, with the rationale that he "deserves" it because he knows about Goons so it's fair game to vandalize his Yelp page and post his phone number in threads.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i know other episodes get credited as being "the gross ones", but the only one i have trouble listening to is the foot fetish one. urethra maggots and hyper balls are far enough away from my experience that i can brush it off, but i feel like i can come up with a very accurate picture of what a big mac kept in someone's shoe tastes/smells like.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
The bug dick thing was pretty bad, but I was pretty sickened by the clown fetish episode.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It took me a long time to force myself to finish the foot fetish episode. There was nothing as good as Maggot human being to make the experience worth it.

Similarly, as much as I love the recipe episodes, the Kookie Cookies recipe makes me retch.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The only one I can't listen to is the dick destruction one. Urethra maggots are fine, but I cannot handle dropping batteries on balls.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The ball-busting episode is one of my favorites. How do you make the classic comedy standby of getting whacked in the balls funnier? You make it so people are whacking themselves in the balls. It's too goofy and ridiculous to be painful to me.

New Lou Reads is up and guess what, it's about PUAs. Oh boy.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah the ball-busting episode is great, it was so ludicrous that I never could really imagine it actually happening. Also the dragon ball-busting poem was unbelievable.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I only have the retrospective episodes left and then I've listened to the entire archive. Whatever will I do with the free listening time?? (Dig into the archives of other podcasts, obviously.)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
the key to listening to the ultra awful episodes is to be alone at home so you can squirm with wild uncomfortableness and shout "oh NO" a lot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My problem is that I like to listen to podcasts when I'm eating at the dining hall, which made several episodes difficult to get through.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I've listened to every episode, but there are a few I've only listened to once. I think the foot fetish episode is the one to most recently join that list.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I only have the retrospective episodes left and then I've listened to the entire archive. Whatever will I do with the free listening time?? (Dig into the archives of other podcasts, obviously.)

Go back to your favourites, a lot of this podcast lends itself highly to relistens to pick up stuff you might have missed the first time

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Gillman posted:

Go back to your favourites, a lot of this podcast lends itself highly to relistens to pick up stuff you might have missed the first time
Yeah, Lemon made a good point in Retrospective 2 about how the density and diversity of content in each episode make repeat listening worthwhile.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It took me a long time to force myself to finish the foot fetish episode.

Yeah, I've listened to that twice but the first time was a real slog to get through. Second time it was way funnier, thankfully.

...Still haven't been able to bring myself to finish the thumbsuckers episode of all things. I'm not even sure why; it's not super gross or anything but I just... cannot do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ixjuvin posted:

the key to listening to the ultra awful episodes is to be alone at home so you can squirm with wild uncomfortableness and shout "oh NO" a lot
I think the bug episode was the one that made me the most uncomfortable and I listened to it at work, so I did exactly that but at work.