Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

FINALLY!

Some standard Eldrazi.

edit: Eldrazi arrive and bring land destruction strategies back in with them.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

4 World Breakers in a row.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

"Stone rain for days"

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
When will deck lists for this event go up?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Alris posted:

Tomorrow night they'll post at least down to the top 32

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Alris posted:

There's 3 deck tech lists up on SCG now. Jeskai Black, WV Control, and UR Prowess.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Alris posted:

The only decklists that goes up before the finals is over with is what they do in the deck techs when it comes to SCG.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That clowncar of top-end threats seems hard for a midrange deck to beat. Also interesting to see the new Chandra out of the jeskai deck.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

People said that about battle and it didn't happen. Multiformat mythics are usually an expensive thing. 25 bucks is about as good as that gets.

Got a playset for 13 a pop. Wasn't the 10 I wanted to spend but good enough. They will probably go lower.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Got a playset for 13 a pop. Wasn't the 10 I wanted to spend but good enough. They will probably go lower.

That is a pretty great price. The cheapest on tcg player currently is 15.50. Plenty up for less than 18 bucks. Mid is about 19. Its all going to depend on if it shows up being a 2-4 of in tron and if tron is well positioned.

Hell, it could spike like a bitch if the g/r ramp wins day two standard tomorrow.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

That is a pretty great price. The cheapest on tcg player currently is 15.50. Plenty up for less than 18 bucks. Mid is about 19. Its all going to depend on if it shows up being a 2-4 of in tron and if tron is well positioned.

Hell, it could spike like a bitch if the g/r ramp wins day two standard tomorrow.

Yeah that's why I pulled the trigger at 13. If that 9-0 guy goes the whole way they are going through the roof.

I'm surprised there isn't a GR version in modern. The same deck with Eyes and Temples would be brutal

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 24, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah that's why I pulled the trigger at 13. If that 9-0 guy goes the whole way they are going through the roof.

I'm surprised there isn't a GR version in modern. The same deck with Eyes and Temples would be brutal

Tron is just better if you're trying to play GR. The reason to play black is the Urborg/Eye interaction.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Errant Gin Monks posted:

That 9th round also highlighted just how powerful the on-cast flashback trigger from Return is. Despite getting it Duress'ed out of his hand and having the World Breaker get countered, he still got off the board wipe. That's probably much less crazy in a format that tends to come pretty prepared to hate on graveyards, but by the same token that same format could be flashing it back on turn 4.

The fact that the flashback can't be countered is really not something to underestimate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Voyager I posted:

That 9th round also highlighted just how powerful the on-cast flashback trigger from Return is. Despite getting it Duress'ed out of his hand and having the World Breaker get countered, he still got off the board wipe. That's probably much less crazy in a format that tends to come pretty prepared to hate on graveyards, but by the same token that same format could be flashing it back on turn 4.

The fact that the flashback can't be countered is really not something to underestimate.

Pedantic correction: it didn't get duressed. Gerry took the ramp spell, the Return was cast to kill Jace.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think he actually resolved a single ramp spell in that match.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
You're both correct.

Also UR Prowess looks fun as gently caress and can probably be built pretty competitively for like $50 (gently caress off Jace). I might have to throw this together before Swiftspear rotates.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Voyager I posted:

You're both correct.

Also UR Prowess looks fun as gently caress and can probably be built pretty competitively for like $50 (gently caress off Jace). I might have to throw this together before Swiftspear rotates.

What exactly would you replace Jace with? Firecrafts? I can't think of anything.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Some random threat like Elusive Spellfist or Zurgo. Maybe Jori En.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Oh my god I want to cast Jori En. :allears:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So what pushed that deck over the line in OGW? I didn't get to watch today, but it sounds like my jam. Stormchasers? The new cantrips?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
That's prettymuch how it works out. Stormchaser is basically Flying Swiftspear #5-8 and you get a bunch of playable cantrips to chain prowess triggers tied together with lots of one-mana Treasure Cruises. Having a glut of 1-2 mana spells also gives you a ton of hits off Abbot.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So what pushed that deck over the line in OGW? I didn't get to watch today, but it sounds like my jam. Stormchasers? The new cantrips?
Yeah the second haste prowess coupled with 2 cantrips gets you there, and hell it only loses Swiftspear with the rotation although that is a fairly big loss

edit: oh and treasure cruise, yeah I guess this is a 2 month deck after all

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I hope we get at least one good Mentor deck out of this brief window of it coexisting with playable cantrips.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Voyager I posted:

I hope we get at least one good Mentor deck out of this brief window of it coexisting with playable cantrips.

Jeskai Black has been running Mentor for a long time now.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Boco_T posted:

Yeah the second haste prowess coupled with 2 cantrips gets you there, and hell it only loses Swiftspear with the rotation although that is a fairly big loss

edit: oh and treasure cruise, yeah I guess this is a 2 month deck after all

it loses treasure cruise

Ah, missed the edit

how the hell did that happen, did I have this tab open that long

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
What is the best thing to flicker in this standard? It's been a while since we've had a repeatable flicker effect, and I am not sure what sort of jank to run with eldrazi displacer?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Gensuki posted:

What is the best thing to flicker in this standard? It's been a while since we've had a repeatable flicker effect, and I am not sure what sort of jank to run with eldrazi displacer?

Siege Rhino is always a fun value choice.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

flickering reflector mage with displacer seems like fun times

well, for at least one player

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
thought knot seer

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Elusive spellfist is legit enough. Being unblockable is a huge deal in the prowess deck that wants to "go off" and just ruin a dude turn 5 from 20 life. Spellfist and Stormchasre make that happen for you.

Jori En is also a cool replacement, considering if she resolves alright, the "next spell" you cast cantrips, and drawing 1.5 cards a turn in the prowess deck is p. great.

Zurgo is kind of static, but sometimes Goblin War Buggy just gets there.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

GeneX posted:

thought knot seer

It's a shame it's not like resto blink, otherwise blinking thought not during draw would be good fun.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Gensuki posted:

Brood Monitor w/ Zulaport Cutthroat

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

End of Life Guy posted:

Brood Monitor w/ Zulaport Cutthroat

Eyeless Watcher + Sifter of Skulls +Zulaport Cutthroat works fine too (as a backup plan).

Brood Monitor + Sifter gives you infinite scions.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Sifter says nontoken.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Clicked on world breaker on Amazon around 9 pm central, green lake games had 12 copies listed at 6.50. Click to add to my cart, they're gone. 8.44 shipped on Amazon now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Maybe you guys should have listened when I said "World Breaker is stupid good in the ramp deck" just saying.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

End of Life Guy posted:

Sifter says nontoken.

Ah, my bad, I was thinking that sifter made tokens on a creature leaving the battlefield, not on it dying.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
For what it's worth I don't think the UR Prowess deck is all that great. It's super fragile if you don't get a good draw and mulligans horribly since you're playing with so many bad cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

mcmagic posted:

For what it's worth I don't think the UR Prowess deck is all that great. It's super fragile if you don't get a good draw and mulligans horribly since you're playing with so many bad cards.

Ux delver in legacy plays a billion do nothing cards too, but it actually has card selection

UR prowess seems interesting if nothing else. I do wish there was, like, sleight of hand or some other weak blue card selection cantrip.

• Locked thread